BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:08:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

LOL that's rich !

It should be re-tweeted on chucky's page a million times !
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:13:42 AM EDT
[#2]
DU is the funniest site on the web
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:27:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That fucking Romney
View Quote
He's got a price.

Just depends on if it's worth paying.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:39:17 AM EDT
[#4]
As evidenced by the DUers posting here who are melting down.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:39:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
He's got a price.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That fucking Romney
He's got a price.

It’s worth it. Problem is, he knows it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:44:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Where is Collins? AND will RedCoat Romney abstain, or vote "no?"

I hate him more that I thought hate existed towards any politician. I Feel betrayed. I voted for that POS fuckwit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, and Chuck Grassley have all said they're "No" on confirming/voting on anyone before the inauguration.

Does anyone here think that Mitt Romney is going to be a "Yes"? That piece of crap takes every opportunity he can to twist a knife in Trump's back, and if he can do it while pretending to be a "moderate" or something, all the better.

This is NOT a done deal, guys. It *should be*, but it isn't.

We are going to have to bring pressure like it's never been brought on those four fuckers. This is a once-in-a generation opportunity to secure our 2A rights for the forseeable future. We can't squander it, but I guarantee you that those four fucktards will try.

Where is Collins? AND will RedCoat Romney abstain, or vote "no?"

I hate him more that I thought hate existed towards any politician. I Feel betrayed. I voted for that POS fuckwit.
Mitch is going to force them to take a vote on an attractive, articulate, well qualified woman about a week before an election. They can posture now, but that's all it is.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:52:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A great meltdown by a Democrat.  https://twitter.com/TaraLaRosa/status/1307184885933707264
View Quote

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee......

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:32:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The Senate as currently constituted does not have a Democratic majority and as minority will not be able to interfere with the nominating process.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

On March 16, 2016, President Barack Obama nominated Merrick Garland for Associate Justice of the Supreme Court of the United States to succeed Antonin Scalia, who had died one month earlier. At the time of his nomination, Garland was the Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.

This vacancy arose during Obama's final year as president, and shortly after Scalia's death was announced, Republican Senate leaders declared that because Scalia's seat had become vacant during an election year, the Senate would not even consider a nomination from the president. Senate Democrats criticized the move as being unprecedented and responded saying that there was sufficient time to vote on a nominee before the election.[1] Garland's nomination expired on January 3, 2017, with the end of the 114th Congress, 293 days after it had been submitted to the Senate.[2] Obama's successor, Donald Trump (a Republican), nominated Judge Neil Gorsuch to fill the vacancy on January 31, 2017, soon after taking office.[2]

<--------- Well this is going to get interesting when PDJT tries to appoint a successor......

The Senate as currently constituted does not have a Democratic majority and as minority will not be able to interfere with the nominating process.

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Susan Collins, Lisa Murkowski, and Chuck Grassley have all said they're "No" on confirming/voting on anyone before the inauguration.

Does anyone here think that Mitt Romney is going to be a "Yes"? That piece of crap takes every opportunity he can to twist a knife in Trump's back, and if he can do it while pretending to be a "moderate" or something, all the better.

This is NOT a done deal, guys. It *should be*, but it isn't.

We are going to have to bring pressure like it's never been brought on those four fuckers. This is a once-in-a generation opportunity to secure our 2A rights for the forseeable future. We can't squander it, but I guarantee you that those four fucktards will try.
View Quote

Chuck Grassley must have dementia and forgot how he, his colleagues and Kavanaugh were treated during the last confirmation. Now is not a time for what he thinks is honor.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:27:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:30:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:32:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
One woman on FB actually said "My uterus is crying"

View Quote

Reply with "pics or it didn't happen"
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
One woman on FB actually said "My uterus is crying"

LOL... wut?
View Quote

She is moist that the rbg died?
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
We know what happened when Obama tried to appoint a Supreme Court justice six months before the elections. Guess we’re not having that conversation now.

Within ONE HOUR of Scalia’s death, McConnell categorically refused to consider an Obama replacement nominee: “The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”
View Quote

IDGAF. Maybe you haven’t been paying attention? Let them fucking choke on it!
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:49:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Scalia was murdered..

End of story.  

Ruth had alien cancer and her handlers couldn't fight it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:50:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Nope. That might seem "fair" to you in the moment, but we aren't dealing with people that play fair to begin with. Time to follow their rules.

Remember the quote "elections have consequences"?
View Quote

Why are we supposed to be fair to these assholes??? These fuckers are burning down cities, murdering innocent people,  attempting to assassinate cops...  if we don't give them their way they're going to throw more tantrums...

Being fair is destroying us...
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:52:41 AM EDT
[#18]
He was chosen for this moment in time:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#19]
And her dying words, instead of heartfelt goodbyes to loved ones, was that she only be replaced by the next president.  Were her and McCain secret evil siblings?
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:54:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Second term rules don't apply. Nice try share blue .
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh yeah..Remember this:
In 2016, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell refused to hold a hearing on President Barack Obama's Supreme Court nominee, saying it was an election year and that the American people "deserved a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice."
Second term rules don't apply. Nice try share blue .

This right here. Obama wasn't up for re election, Trump is.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Oh yeah..Remember this:
In 2016, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell refused to hold a hearing on President Barack Obama's Supreme Court nominee, saying it was an election year and that the American people "deserved a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice."
View Quote

Do you remember the hundreds of times the democrats made hypocritical decisions? Pepperidge Farms remembers.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:58:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:58:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If only a Precedent had been set for nominating judges the last end of a Presidents Term?..Hmm?
View Quote

Fuck precedent.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 11:02:04 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Fuck precedent.
View Quote

This.

"Oh, I'm sorry we're going to stop just short of the finish line and refuse to win because of .... reasons."

Fuck all that dot jpeg.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 11:06:23 AM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#26]

@Rugerlvr

Do you have the actual tweet? This is gold.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 11:45:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

@Rugerlvr

Do you have the actual tweet? This is gold.
View Quote

Somebody posted it in the mega thread.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#28]

(I didn't know how to move the red tag )
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
We know what happened when Obama tried to appoint a Supreme Court justice six months before the elections. Guess we’re not having that conversation now.

Within ONE HOUR of Scalia’s death, McConnell categorically refused to consider an Obama replacement nominee: “The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”
View Quote

Found one of the DU infiltrators...

You do realize Repubs had the senate and Obama was a Dem... Of course the game of politics will dictate Mitch saying that.  The difference is that presently Repubs are in control of both the Executive and the Senate; and whether or not Trump wins another 4 years this appointment to the SC will be a decades long "win" for the Right.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#30]
It sure didn't take long for the battle cry of "Remember RGB"

I got this blind text earlier today.

.Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Give no Quarter.

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 6:58:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

You do understand the difference between a lame duck president and one who isn't, right? And you do understand the difference between the sitting president's party having a majority in the Senate and not?
View Quote

Fuck Senate “rules”.

Senate ignores the constitution but is all serious about their stupid procedures
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Precisely; the other rules are gentleman's agreements from an era when senators still behaved like gentlemen (or at least weren't going for the throat in a bid to impose One Party Rule over the land at EVERY fucking opportunity)

They have no place in today's negotiations with the DNC.  Trump really did show how it's done with the mideast peace deal; identify your intransigent parties, and make a deal without them.  If the DNC chooses to be intransigent, they will not get a seat at the table, and the RNC will steamroll them however it is able.  If they learn some self control, curb their animals, and become civil again, we can discuss agreements that will avoid us angering each other in the course of governance if we feel it is mutually beneficial.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I love all the fake stories involving kids.

“I just told my 1-year old that RBG died. It/is was literally shaking! It ran outside, sharpened a stick into a spear, raised it and claimed “the revolution light is still bright, and the darkness and fear of fascism will be destroyed. I’m so proud of it!”
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:02:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

<--------- Well this is going to get interesting when PDJT tries to appoint a successor......
View Quote

Both sides apply rules that favor them when it comes to appointing a SC justice during an election year. You can stand around and argue who is right and argue about which side said what last time, but frankly I don't care any more. For me, the gloves came off after Kavenaugh and Russsia/impeachment. Fuck them; we're playing for keeps now.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:07:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If only a Precedent had been set for nominating judges the last end of a Presidents Term?..Hmm?
View Quote

Go back to DU already.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:10:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Are the democrats in charge of the Senate?

Is Trump on the ticket? Or is he a lame duck?
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:10:24 PM EDT
[#37]
The DU feels like I stepped into a parallel universe.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm curious. Since thread title contains "DU", why haven't you reported it as a personal callout thread?
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
Show me where Chuck Grassley said any such thing
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#40]
It's funny to watch liberals pretend to be conservative while floundering in sheer panic and disbelief.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Oh yeah..Remember this:
View Quote
So? If we don't do it now, it will cascade and if we lose it will be worse. Go for the gold, push one through and fight after it. I'm tired of taking the higher ground. Mash this in their face and shove a Constitutional and BoR judge up their ass.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:01:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

We are not waiting 4 years and 3 months for a new SCOTUS appointment. Your REEEEEEing is amusing though, and your tears will be delicious. Feel free to screen grab this and post it to your buddies on DU and Reddit. Their tears will sustain me also.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We know what happened when Obama tried to appoint a Supreme Court justice six months before the elections. Guess we're not having that conversation now.

Within ONE HOUR of Scalia's death, McConnell categorically refused to consider an Obama replacement nominee: "The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president."

We are not waiting 4 years and 3 months for a new SCOTUS appointment. Your REEEEEEing is amusing though, and your tears will be delicious. Feel free to screen grab this and post it to your buddies on DU and Reddit. Their tears will sustain me also.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:14:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Agreed. I'm not a fan of rules for thee but not for me. It's gross, lacks integrity, and spineless. If the standard or precedent has been established it should be followed. Don't care about anyone's feelings or if it's convenient for their desires. Make your bed and lay in it.
View Quote

If you are in a fair fight, then you are already losing. I hope you never end up commanding any troops, for God's sakes.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:20:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It's hilarious.
View Quote

Yep saw that last night.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:21:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Again, Obama was a lame duck. And also, Republicans are currently in the driver seat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, Obama was a lame duck. And also, Republicans are currently in the driver seat.

And Harry Reid set the precedent.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:22:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:24:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

You're only telling half of the story. McConnell stated that the reason why it was held up during an election years was because of the "standard" set pushed and held to by none other than Vice President Joseph Biden.

No new SC Justices in an election year when the opposition party controls the Senate.

This was widely discussed on EVERY news channel during the last two confirmations. The precedent was set years ago.

Why has everyone seemed to have forgotten it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're only telling half of the story. McConnell stated that the reason why it was held up during an election years was because of the "standard" set pushed and held to by none other than Vice President Joseph Biden.

No new SC Justices in an election year when the opposition party controls the Senate.

This was widely discussed on EVERY news channel during the last two confirmations. The precedent was set years ago.

Why has everyone seemed to have forgotten it?

Yes! The Boden precedent!.
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/yqTtmKn.jpg

(I didn't know how to move the red tag )
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/19/2020 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#50]
I hope the devil has a barbed cock and a preference for anal.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top