Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So your source is literally "shit I heard at the gun store today."

Gotcha.
View Quote
yup you got me
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Can't speak to the dropping issue, but there were three of them at a pistol class I took a few weeks back and they all had problems with feeding and extracting.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Gaston approves!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:19:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Several threads have been started on this at Sig talk today.
No info there though, never knew there was a sig talk.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So your source is literally "shit I heard at the gun store today.".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not gonna put a lot of info here, but the officer who told me was in a major police supply store, buying a duty holster for his Sig P226 since he could no longer carry his 320. The staff at the major police store is aware of the issue.
So your source is literally "shit I heard at the gun store today.".
So what are you saying?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:23:06 PM EDT
[#6]
So that's ol Gaston. I've never seen a picture of him before. Thanks for posting it. Looks like he has a young wife
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:24:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So that's ol Gaston. I've never seen a picture of him before. Thanks for posting it. Looks like he has a young wife
View Quote
He divorced his wife and married his nurse.  The divorce litigation in Austria was epic.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:25:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So what are you saying?
View Quote
lol it's a police supply store that sells guns among other things-like a holster my buddy was buying for his 226 since he can't carry his 320 anymore.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:25:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

He divorced his wife and married his nurse.  The divorce litigation in Austria was epic.
View Quote
Far out!
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I didn't post this to convince you or anybody else. Take it or leave it.
View Quote
So you essentially just dropped a turd in GD and now we have to smell it, even if it's an unverified turd.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't he boot his kids out of hill will also?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:29:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Look, I'm just passing it on. This is a gun board, this is an issue of interest to gun owners. I have no stock in Sig, do not own a Sig 320, and I do not give one infinitesimal fuck if you believe it or not. (Drops the Mike).
View Quote
Dis gonna be a good thread.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:30:18 PM EDT
[#13]
So basically there is a thread started about a rumor that something may or may not have happened? Got it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:30:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So you essentially just dropped a turd in GD and now we have to smell it, even if it's an unverified turd.  
View Quote
yeah
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:33:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
So basically there is a thread started about a rumor that something may or may not have happened? Got it.
View Quote
Submit an open records request to the Dallas Police Department asking for all emails generated on or after 7:00 AM July 28 with the words Sig, the numbers 320, or any combination thereof. You'll find your answer young grasshopper.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#16]
oh man, i can't tell if i like sig butthurt or glock butthurt more..

full disclosure, i mostly own glock pistols, but i certainly agree that everyone should carry what they like and feel comfortable with, completely your choice.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:33:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I figured that they rescinded it in order to save money to fund the bailout of the failing pension plan.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:34:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I figured that they rescinded it in order to save money to fund the bailout of the failing pension plan.
View Quote
Reading is fundamental. These were private purchases, DPD still issues the 226.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Don't know how official this is, but this is from pistol-forum

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/277883/IMG-0461-267877.JPG
View Quote
Firearms Training Center is the official name of the DPD gun range. But fuck me, what do I know? just noticed the 6 stars blocking out the name of th department-pure coincidence that DALLAS is spelled with 6 letters.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:45:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Submit an open records request to the Dallas Police Department asking for all emails generated on or after 7:00 AM July 28 with the words Sig, the numbers 320, or any combination thereof. You'll find your answer young grasshopper.
View Quote
NO
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:45:54 PM EDT
[#22]
"BUT MUH SIG"

Fuck your Sig.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Firearms Training Center is the official name of the DPD gun range. But fuck me, what do I know? just noticed the 6 stars blocking out the name of th department-pure coincidence that DALLAS is spelled with 6 letters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well after watching that video and reading the text on that pic, I'm convinced op is not a douchebag, at least in this post
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:48:07 PM EDT
[#24]
The only Sig I own is an MPX SBR.  It is OK.  I have no interest in their pistols.  I am sorry the P320 doesn't seem to be working out for them though.  I hope this issue does not result in any injuries.  Setting aside all the butthurt on arf, that is.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:48:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not that I would love a link to the thread or a link to the vid...
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Needs "BREAKING" in the title
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
WRONG. It was a fellow officer and friend of the op's. He clearly stated those facts if you'd bother to read all the posts.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Thank you.  So this was posted almost two months ago...
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:51:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

NO
View Quote
'm your supervisor and that's an order!
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote
The guy who posted it goes by "txpd" with a location of "Dallas".

That there is some fine detective work, Lou.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:53:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Well after watching that video and reading the text on that pic, I'm convinced op is not a douchebag, at least in this post
View Quote
I've often been a douchbag in GD. This thread is the exception.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:53:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Not that I would love a link to the thread or a link to the vid...
View Quote
https://pistol-forum.com/showthread.php?27008-P320-drop-safety-quot-issues-quot
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Oh look, that trigger safety thingy that I pointed out that is part of just about every striker pistol other than the P320 seems to be kind of important.

Who knew?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:55:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Shouldn't those cops, oh I don't know, maybe NOT DROP THEIR FIREARMS?

How many times were they dropped? On purpose? Or did they have a couple dozen cops drop their pistols on duty and they all went off?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:55:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm not gonna put a lot of info here, but the officer who told me was in a major police supply store, buying a duty holster for his Sig P226 since he could no longer carry his 320. The staff at the major police store is aware of the issue.
View Quote
So if the store is aware of the policy what would be the harm in releasing the memo? It seems the info is all already out in the public domain.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:56:18 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:59:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

How many times were they dropped? On purpose? Or did they have a couple dozen cops drop their pistols on duty and they all went off?
View Quote
Did you know that sometimes cops fight over their guns, subjecting them to jostling and blows? Did you know that sometimes guns fall out of their holster after climbing fences, running and fighting? Did you that, sometimes, shit happens?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 4:59:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So if the store is aware of the policy what would be the harm in releasing the memo? It seems the info is all already out in the public domain.
View Quote
Why would it be up to the store?Its a DPD notification to DPD officers.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:02:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Seems like a pretty big liability if Sig knows that the 320's have a chance to go off if dropped and haven't said anything about it.

@NoloContendere @SuperMoose Do you know the legal side of this and how long Sig would have to issue a fix for it?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:02:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Did you know that sometimes cops fight over their guns, subjecting them to jostling and blows? Did you know that sometimes guns fall out of their holster after climbing fences, running and fighting? Did you that, sometimes, shit happens?
View Quote
They shouldn't do that. Their gun could go off.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:03:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Holy Jebus Batman..... I wonder if this is an issue with ALL P320s sold?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:04:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Lol.
View Quote
Remember Glock fan boys, Glocks in their early gens were recalled for NOT GOING OFF due to rusty internals. 

I had a couple that had to go back for shiny plated parts to be installed. 
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:04:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
@Kashtin Say you are a cop and a person  high on pcp body slams you on your strong side with your firearm hitting the groud? Now what?
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:04:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

They shouldn't do that. Their gun could go off.
View Quote
I agree. They should lock themselves in the station during their shift and avoid all human contact.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:04:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Isn't that weird trigger safety thingy found on just about every striker fired trigger other than the P320 part of the drop safety?

Does the P320 actually have a mechanism built into the trigger system to prevent the rearward movement of the trigger unless its pressed by a finger, like all of the others pictured?
View Quote
This is what I'm curious about. The apparent lack of a trigger dingus may result in a discharge if dropped on a hard surface ass-first.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Sig forum:

resat1199

Well some of you guys may end up knowing more than us. No range master or Sig rep this morning. Just a bunch of ****** off cops having to give up thier 320's for 226's. Trust me we want our 320's back. Plus we got ridiculed by the guys going to glock school this morning. Supposedly the weapon was drop tested and after one of the drops the trigger needed to be reset. They have also said Sig has not responded to the dept's request for help. But again that is rumor all we know is they took our 320's.

I wish one of you guys who think this is made up would have come to GT Distributors and bought me a new 226 holster.
Last edited by resat1199; 07-31-2017 at 10:20 AM.
Link Posted: 7/31/2017 5:07:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm pretty sure the issue was discovered by the FBI. An Agent Mulder, I believe.
Page / 34
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top