Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 6:53:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes..

Especially when they have 50% off sales
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 7:04:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I have four pairs of Danners, pair of hikers, two Desert Acadias and a pair of FT. Lewis.

I like Danners so much that I buy them even for my GROWING kids. My 13 year old has been through 3 pairs so far- he can wear them about a year or less. Then they go to little bro....then they go to Ebay and I get a goodly percentage of my money back on them even after two kids have worn them- try that with anything else...good luck.

I wouldn't wear anything else in boots these days. I have a few pair of other misc. boots still around, they don't get worn much so they will probably be around for awhile. When they finally do get shit canned the only boots I will ever have in the house are Danners.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 7:05:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yes they are worth it. I get issued Danner by the USMC and they are the best boots I have ever worn. I am all about the Danner RAT, and Acadia. Last deployment I alternated between a pair of Danner Acadia, RAT, and a pair of Blackhawks. What style are you looking at?

RAT boots as well. These things are badass
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 7:13:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Danners are not for everybody.  For some people, the toe box is a bit short and narrow.  However, they fit me just fine.  I've been using Danner hikers since the early 2000s and I love them.  I hike in Danner Explorers; while they are heavier than most modern hiking boots they work very well for me.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
No, I fucking hate Danners.

I agree.  They are too expensive.  Don't last long enough and are uncomfortable.

Much better off with a pair of Bellvilles and a set of Green Superfeets.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 8:16:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wish they had more models available in 4E sizes(Like the mountain lites).

Agreed, at least they have some, most companies only offer EE or no wide sizes at all. Buying sneakers is even more annoying as New Balance is one of the few with wide options.

+3  Danner makes a great product but really needs to offer more styles in 4E.   For what it's worth, you can send Danner your boots and they will stretch them one width wider for $15.

I had to have this done to both of my pairs of Danner's as they tend to run narrow for me even with the EE width.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 8:29:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I got mine at a 40% off sale. Best pair of boots I've ever owned. The only pair that lasted a full year
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 8:43:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Yes, they're worth it.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 8:47:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
US made Danners are very good.

CP

And the Chinese ones suck.

Yep, watched a co worker have 2 pair disintigrate over 6 months. I am still on the same pair(US) after 3 years, 7 months. Daily wear. I am kinda bummed I may need a new pair of laces and the soles are bald...  
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Depends on the shape of your foot.

Danners are a well made boot, but I find I need the plastic insert in the boot for them to be comfortable.

before dropping the coin on the boots find a place that sells them and try before you buy. Matterhorn makes some boots that are close in style to the danners, but the skin does not appear to be the same quality. Footbed is about the same comfort level so try before you buy.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Absolute junk.  Mine only lasted 6 or 7 years.  5 of which were active duty in the infantry.  WTF.  Just because they were in good condition when I gave them to Goodwill after I got out does not mean anything.  Crap I tell ya, absolute crap.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 8:58:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I have a pair of Grouse and a pair of Quarry II. Stupendous boots. I love them. I also have a pair of Romeo GTX that I'm not so wild about.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 8:59:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought a pair of US made Danner Acadias 15 years ago, and they are still serving me well.

I bought a pair of Chinese made Danners, and they lasted about three months.  You can buy a $20 pair of Chinese boots from Wal-Mart or a pair of $200 Chinese Danners, they are still Chinese boots.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#14]
When's that Danner boot sale this year
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 9:07:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Absolutely!
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 9:11:38 AM EDT
[#16]
I have the Pronghorns in the insulated and all leather non insulated boots. Very comfortable, I only wear the insulated if it's well below freezing.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 9:43:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I say they are worth the money.

Last year on this site, somebody posted a code for a one day only friends and family 50% off sale Danner was having that apparently the whole internet found out about. [/url]

I got mine through that sale last year and have been very happy with them. US made Light IIs. The break-in was the roughest of any boots I've owned, but it was smooth sailing after that. Easily the lightest boot I've worn too.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 10:13:02 AM EDT
[#18]
Danner Acadia.
200Gram thinsulate.
I wear them year round.
 Exception is extreme cold weather,  I will put on bunny boots, or pack them with me  when it gets much below Zero.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Good thread OP and contributors, I am also in the market for some new boots. I have had my eye on some Danner Pronghorn non-insulated boots for year round usage in the woods, fields, tall grass & weeds as well as snowy/slushy WI. winters. I have gotten to the age (60+ and worked to death feet) that I'm am not harsh on my footwear anymore. That being said, I know that the Pronghorns are not made in the U.S. but the price point fits my fixed income category.
Providing this boot fits my feet well, will my needs be met. Any pros, cons, suggestions etc. would be of much help. Oh, and I like brown vs. black or pink.

OP, no intent to hijack.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top