Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/20/2022 4:52:27 AM EDT
Dawn of the Dead Complete Cut (1978) HIGHEST QUALITY (1080p Blu-ray)
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 4:59:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Been awhile since I've seen this. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 5:16:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I need lighter fluid.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 5:17:57 AM EDT
[#3]
That was filmed in the Monroeville Mall near Pittsburgh.

I used to go there, years ago (as a shopper, not a zombie - but not really much difference when you get right down to it!).

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 5:27:32 AM EDT
[#4]
There was a time when I thought this was the greatest film ever.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 5:28:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Same.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:26:06 AM EDT
[#6]
That mall had everything.......

Good movie
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:42:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
It might not be the MVP but it's on the all star roster.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 6:58:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup!
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 7:19:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Great freaking flick.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 7:20:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Seeing it in the theater next week.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 7:34:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Saw this movie on Fordham Road in the Bronx when I was like 9. A bunch of us walked down from Bainbridge Avenue to go see it. Summer vacation.

Scarred for life would be an understatement.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 7:52:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Today OP was a cool dude.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 8:06:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Gaylen Ross could be an identical twin of my high school sweetheart

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 9:57:08 AM EDT
[#14]

I'm known to post a gem here and there.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 9:59:08 AM EDT
[#15]
2004 version was more better. It actually shocked me into beginning prepping
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:00:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

2004 version is cringe.

I thought it was good the first time I seen it.

Rewatching it, oof...

Btw actually downloading this was a PITA. Was able to use firefox and a video downloader addon

Everything Wrong with Dawn of the Dead 2004 (Zombie SIns)
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:03:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
2004 version was more better.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:05:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Ving Rhames and his shotgun are the best part of the 2004 version
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:06:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I need lighter fluid.
View Quote

Shoot it man...shoot it man...shoot it in the head!

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:20:45 AM EDT
[#21]
The AP-74s ruined it a bit for me but it's still a great historic horror flick.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't really notice those until the movie was HD, and not watched on a tube tv.

I get it though, Iirc M16 blank guns were over their budget.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:26:45 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/deOINby-52.gif

I agree. The 2004 version wasn't near as good and juvenile (fake CGI muzzle flash at the end of rubber guns sucked too). Initially, I had a chance to do all the gun work in this one but the production moved to Canada.  I still got invited to to the premiere in Pittsburgh. Met Quinton Tarrantino (he's a dick) and Robert Rodriguez (great guy). Romero's son met with me that night about a movie he was working on but I passed as friends in the industry who just worked with him stated he is totally unprofessional and is high when he's in the the director's chair.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:38:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I didn't really notice those until the movie was HD, and not watched on a tube tv.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you hear that was the reason was? I worked in the movie industry for 20 years (alongside working in the defense and firearms industries) but never found out why they did that for sure. I asked Tom Savini once and he didn't know. (Tom Savini is the legendary SFX makeup guy who had a cameo in the original - he is one of  reasons Rodriguez and Tarantino got into the movie business- look him up). AP-74s were around $125 and AR-15s were about $375 at the time of filming but rentals from Stembridge were available. The AP-74s were purchased and not rented most likely as they were not rigged to function with blanks. There was was a full auto Thompson in the film.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:47:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks!  Like this one.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 10:58:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Did you hear that was the reason was? I worked in the movie industry for 20 years (alongside working in the defense and firearms industries) but never found out why they did that for sure. I asked Tom Savini once and he didn't know. (Tom Savini is the legendary SFX makeup guy who had a cameo in the original - he is one of  reasons Rodriguez and Tarantino got into the movie business- look him up). AP-74s were around $125 and AR-15s were about $375 at the time of filming but rentals from Stembridge were available. The AP-74s were purchased and not rented most likely as they were not rigged to function with blanks. There was was a full auto Thompson in the film.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I coulda swore I read that somewhere. Let me look for the source.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:10:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I cant find that source sorry. I can see the price difference adding up, and quantity needed being a factor. Especially for the police/national guard scenes.

Not sure if it was in a commentary.

According to imfdb they didnt actually fire the 22s. They mimicked firing and added in the muzzle flash/report later. Makes sense since they had that sweet ass machine gun sound effect used in movies.

https://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Dawn_of_the_Dead_(1978)#Adler-Jager_AP-74
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:14:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Night of the Living Dead remake is better than the original
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:15:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I cant find that source sorry. I can see the price difference adding up, and quantity needed being a factor. Especially for the police/national guard scenes.

According to imfdb they didnt actually fire the 22s. They mimicked firing and added in the muzzlye flash/report later. Makes sense since they had that sweet ass machine gun sound effect used in movies.

View Quote

Thanks.

Yes they did fire them with regular. 22 blanks . It is very difficult to rig a .22LR to run in semi-auto with .22 theatrical blanks (they look like crimped birdshot). I never used .22s  being the Theatrical Armorer on dozens of movies.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:26:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Loved the 2004 version.

I need to watch the 1978 version.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:28:59 AM EDT
[#32]
Best zombie movie. I still sometimes find myself whistling that little muzak tune that plays over the PA system in the mall.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That was filmed in the Monroeville Mall near Pittsburgh.

I used to go there, years ago (as a shopper, not a zombie - but not really much difference when you get right down to it!).

View Quote
I grew up within sight of the mall and wasted much of my youth as a mall rat roaming that mall.  They filmed the outdoor shots on Sundays since the mall was closed back then on Sunday.   I remember standing in my yard watching the the helicopter flying around the mall.  The inside of the mall has changed alot  since the movie was filmed.

Sadly that mall has become unsafe for real and it has nothing to do with the undead.

Numerous fights break out Friday night inside Monroeville Mall

Link Posted: 10/20/2022 11:57:38 AM EDT
[#34]
Awesome movie!
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 12:06:51 PM EDT
[#35]
That movie made me want a slick side AR with triangle hand guards.

I got one and it’s been a fantastic gun.
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 12:11:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2022 1:29:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Thanks.

Yes they did fire them with regular. 22 blanks . It is very difficult to rig a .22LR to run in semi-auto with .22 theatrical blanks (they look like crimped birdshot). I never used .22s  being the Theatrical Armorer on dozens of movies.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

According to imfdb they didnt actually fire the 22s. They mimicked firing and added in the muzzlye flash/report later. Makes sense since they had that sweet ass machine gun sound effect used in movies.

Thanks.

Very interesting stuff.
My pet theory is just “they knew a yinzer with an FFL who hooked them up at cost” for the guns.
If you look closely they’re ALL cheapo 22s.
Same thing happened with Evil Dead, Bruce Campbell just went and bought a cheap shotgun to use as a prop in the film.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 1:39:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 3:33:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 10:59:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Decided to pick up a new T-shirt to commemorate seeing it in the theater for the first time.

Link Posted: 10/23/2022 11:05:58 PM EDT
[#41]
They couldn't have made it three seconds longer?  

Also, will watch.
Link Posted: 10/23/2022 11:51:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Wish they would get this on iTunes one day. As an almost teenager, this movie and First Blood always made it home on Friday afternoon from the VHS movie store for the weekend. One of my favorite movies and takes me back to a time when America was great…….
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 1:02:37 AM EDT
[#43]
The Regal Cinema here is showing it in 3D next weekend. I'm going to see it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 3:35:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Same thing happened with Evil Dead, Bruce Campbell just went and bought a cheap shotgun to use as a prop in the film.
View Quote

You could say he...."Shopped Smart!"
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 5:00:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Day before yesterday, Don Campbell (Bruce’s brother)posted a pic of himself with the original Evil Dead shotgun, 20ga single shot Stevens/JC Higgins from Sears. He still owns it 43 years later.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 5:18:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That mall had everything.......

Good movie
View Quote

"New Oldsmobiles are in early this year."
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 5:28:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Decided to pick up a new T-shirt to commemorate seeing it in the theater for the first time.

https://i.imgur.com/Dq6QWAV.jpg
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 11:34:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The Regal Cinema here is showing it in 3D next weekend. I'm going to see it.
View Quote
Tried explaining to wife how lucky she was because she would be seeing it this week, for the first time, on the big screen.
Somehow, the absolute awesomeness of that fact… failed to impress.
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 11:43:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I like em both….. and Patricia Tallman who stared in the remake is a hottie! She makes me moist!
Link Posted: 10/24/2022 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I like em both….. and Patricia Tallman who stared in the remake is a hottie! She makes me moist!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

She is insanely hot, and at times she looked very cold.

I like the remake better honestly. I hated Barbara's original character. She was so damn useless
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top