Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/8/2023 1:33:59 PM EDT
The campaign backing Ron DeSantis as Republican presidential nominee in 2024 has used what experts identify as AI-generated deepfakes in attack ad against rival Donald Trump.

On June 5th, the “DeSantis War Room” Twitter account shared a video emphasizing Trump’s support for Anthony Fauci, a former White House chief medical advisor and key figure in developing the US response to COVID-19. Fauci has become a hated figure in right-wing politics, particularly among the anti-vax movement, and the attack ad seeks to grow this base of support for DeSantis by portraying Trump and Fauci as close collaborators.

The video includes real clips of Trump discussing Fauci and a collage of six pictures of the two men together. Of the six images, three appear to be AI-generated, showing Trump embracing Fauci. In the collage below they are top-left, bottom-middle, and bottom-right.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/6/8/23753626/deepfake-political-attack-ad-ron-desantis-donald-trump-anthony-fauciAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:37:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't need a picture to know he abdicated his authority to the little rat.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:37:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:42:01 PM EDT
[#3]
The President did his job perfectly and I about fell out of my chair when he nailed so well on that first speech.

Fauci failed and Trump should have removed him.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:42:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Did Trump fire Fauci? No?

Then he embraced Fauci and those Fauci represents...
imo
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Trump and his paid surrogates have also been using altered images against DeSantis.

Sauce for the goose...
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Between this faggotry and the Trump attacks on Desantis voting for The Fair Tax Act, I’m feeling a lot better about backing Vivek
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Sadly FPNI
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Lol.

Headline says “uses”, article says:

Of the six images, three appear to be AI-generated,
View Quote

Per usual, clickbait desperation from the Trump side.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:46:53 PM EDT
[#9]
As fake as the upcoming election.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:48:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Trump did love him some fucking Fauci tho...
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:49:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

imo
View Quote

Pretty much. Trump didn't fire him, so he has to own that.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:50:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Dr. Mengele was a doctor.
Not all doctors are to be trusted.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:52:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The President did his job perfectly and I about fell out of my chair when he nailed so well on that first speech.

Fauci failed and Trump should have removed him.
View Quote

This. The Trump nut swingers have no concept of where the buck stops. Trump is the eternal victim in their stories. How he’s the smartest guy in the world but consistently has subordinates that are clowns is unexplainable to them. The idea that they may have been wrong about him is so painful, they will do world class gymnastics to not admit he’s an idiot
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:52:38 PM EDT
[#14]
They should show the video of when Trump fired Fauci.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Lol.

Headline says "uses", article says:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Lol.

Those pictures were used so the title isn't a lie.  The images don't exist anywhere else.  Trump is a germaphobe remember?  He never hugged anyone but plenty of people hugged him.  Look at those pictures and you see Trump looking awkward and trying to keep his face away from the other person.  The fake pictures from DeSantis show a full on embrace with Trump practically kissing Fauci's head.  The images are fake.

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:53:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Maybe Pudding Fingers should take off his drag queen high heels and not cast stones from a glass house.

Florida's DeSantis has 'grim reaper' threat for businesses defying coronavirus restrictions: https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-desantis-suspend-business-licenses-coronavirus-spike
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Trump screwed up because he trusted Fauci and thought he was doing the right thing.

DeSantis resisted because he knew it was wrong but caved in to the pressure for political expediency.

Both failed.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:54:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:54:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Lmao the one trump posted of Ron riding a RINO.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:55:11 PM EDT
[#21]
While Trump did trust Fauci, intentionally lying to me in an attack ad garners more ire from me.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Maybe Pudding Fingers should take off his drag queen high heels and not cast stones from a glass house.

Florida's DeSantis has 'grim reaper' threat for businesses defying coronavirus restrictions: https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-desantis-suspend-business-licenses-coronavirus-spike
View Quote

He was the last governor to cave in, but he was weak and caved.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Lmao the one trump posted of Ron riding a RINO.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

But it really happened.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 1:58:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
While Trump did trust Fauci, intentionally lying to me in an attack ad garners more ire from me.
View Quote
Does that same standard apply to Trump attacks on DeSantis or does it only work one way?

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:01:13 PM EDT
[#25]
This election cycle is one massive shit show
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#26]
It would have been a massive risk to go against the pandemic promoters and EUA vaccine producers (and mainstream media) and urge folks to be vigilant and stay home when sick and emphasize there is no mandate to vaccinate with an unproven product and leave it to you and your doctor.  Every death would have been pinned on him by screeching talking heads.

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:04:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It would have been a massive risk to go against the pandemic promoters and EUA vaccine producers (and mainstream media) and urge folks to be vigilant and stay home when sick and emphasize there is no mandate to vaccinate with an unproven product and leave it to you and your doctor.  Every death would have been pinned on him by screeching talking heads.

View Quote
No one said leadership was easy.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:06:51 PM EDT
[#28]
I will still vote Desantis in the primary.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:06:55 PM EDT
[#29]
too early for trump release the desantis underage stuff yet
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Never forget Trump said this. Literally praised bypassing years of studies to push out the clot shot with his name on it. Then claimed it as the greatest scientific achievement in a lifetime.

We’re here to discuss a monumental national achievement. From the instant the coronavirus invaded our shores, we raced into action to develop a safe and effective vaccine at breakneck speed. It would normally take five years, six years, seven years, or even more. In order to achieve this goal, we harnessed the full power of government, the genius of American scientists, and the might of American industry to save millions and millions of lives all over the world. We’re just days away from authorization from the FDA, and we’re pushing them hard, at which point we will immediately begin mass distribution.

Before Operation Warp Speed, the typical timeframe for development and approval, as you know, could be infinity. And we were very, very happy that we were able to get things done at a level that nobody has ever seen before. The gold standard vaccine has been done in less than nine months.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:07:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This election cycle is one massive shit show
View Quote

Pretty much they all are.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:07:48 PM EDT
[#32]
There is going to have to be some kind of watermark or block chain put on all these AI generators. This is going to be a seriously disruptive technology for civilization if we don't get a handle on it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Did Desantis fly on Epstein's jet?
Trump did.

Has Desantis embraced the LBGTQ movement?
Trump did.

Has Desantis tried to undermine the second amendment?
Trump did.

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:09:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Those pictures were used so the title isn't a lie.  The images don't exist anywhere else.  Trump is a germaphobe remember?  He never hugged anyone but plenty of people hugged him.  Look at those pictures and you see Trump looking awkward and trying to keep his face away from the other person.  The fake pictures from DeSantis show a full on embrace with Trump practically kissing Fauci's head.  The images are fake.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol.

I don’t have access to all images of Trump and Fauci - maybe you do - but their own words seem desperate and that’s what I pointed out.

Even if true, the images tell the story of how Trump clung to FAF well beyond when any other reasonable leader would have kicked him to the curb.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:09:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Lol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Lol.

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
There is going to have to be some kind of watermark or block chain put on all these AI generators. This is going to be a seriously disruptive technology for civilization if we don't get a handle on it.
View Quote

Photoshop has been a thing for decades, manipulated photos aren't anything new. The only difference now is that it takes no time, effort or skill.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:15:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

The campaign backing 'Rino Ron' DeSantis as Republican presidential nominee in 2024 has used what experts identify as AI-generated deepfakes in attack ad against rival Donald Trump.

On June 5th, the “DeSantis War Room” Twitter account shared a video emphasizing Trump’s support for Anthony Fauci, a former White House chief medical advisor and key figure in developing the US response to COVID-19. Fauci has become a hated figure in right-wing politics, particularly among the anti-vax movement, and the attack ad seeks to grow this base of support for DeSantis by portraying Trump and Fauci as close collaborators.

The video includes real clips of Trump discussing Fauci and a collage of six pictures of the two men together. Of the six images, three appear to be AI-generated, showing Trump embracing Fauci. In the collage below they are top-left, bottom-middle, and bottom-right.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/6/8/23753626/deepfake-political-attack-ad-ron-desantis-donald-trump-anthony-fauci
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:18:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Quoted:
Sadly FPNI
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I don't have access to all images of Trump and Fauci - maybe you do - but their own words seem desperate and that's what I pointed out.

Even if true, the images tell the story of how Trump clung to FAF well beyond when any other reasonable leader would have kicked him to the curb.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol.

I don't have access to all images of Trump and Fauci - maybe you do - but their own words seem desperate and that's what I pointed out.

It's just modern reporting, just like how the a reporter has to say "allegedly" even though they are playing video of someone committing a crime.  The article cited multiple sources that say they are AI images but since the creator of the images hasn't said anything the reporter says "appear to be AI generate" that way people don't get sued.

I agree Trump kept Fauci on way too long.  Can you name anyone in the government that more outspoken and more accurate about what should be done?  I didn't see many people in government willing to stick their necks out to counter Fauci.  Anyone that did was immediately attacked by the media, the establishment, and big pharma.  Rand Paul is the only person who spoke up over and over and nothing he said ever got any traction.  The point being, Trump had limited choices to choose from and then if anything went sideways Trump would have been blamed for firing Fauci.  Not an easy situation politically but Trump could have done better.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#40]
It's worrisome that many of you are trying to give DeSantis a pass because though you're acknowledging that the images are fake, they "represent" somehow the reality of Trump's choices - so they are OK.  That's a CRAZY stance to take.  

That's a line I would not have expected anyone here to cross and certainly would not have expected DeSantis to be the first one to cross in an election ad.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:39:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's worrisome that many of you are trying to give DeSantis a pass because though you're acknowledging that the images are fake, they "represent" somehow the reality of Trump's choices - so they are OK.  That's a CRAZY stance to take.  

That's a line I would not have expected anyone here to cross and certainly would not have expected DeSantis to be the first one to cross in an election ad.
View Quote
This is not true. The Trump campaign and its boosters have been faking imagery in attacks against DeSantis for quite some time.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:43:02 PM EDT
[#42]
So I guess the dudes were right in that Ted Talk.  We already had the last "election" that won't be filled with AI bullshit.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a huge failure of leadership to knowingly choose the wrong path.

There are two ways to look at DeSantis’ handling of Covid.

1 - He knew the lockdowns were bad policy and he let himself be forced into it.

2 - He thought the lockdowns were good policy but he was the last governor to implement them.

The first is far more likely.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Did Desantis go to Epstein's pedo island
Trump did.

Trump did.

Trump did.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did Desantis go to Epstein's pedo island
Trump did.

Trump did.

Trump did.

Trump didn’t go to pedo island. Stop peddling lies.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:45:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Is "AI" the new "Photoshop"?

Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:45:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

imo
View Quote

He definitely fucked the dog on that one.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:48:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe take a breath and consider that this shit is going to be leaking into things without the direct intention to deceive because the person using them doesn't know they are faked.  This shit is going to be getting real hard to sift out in the next few years too.  Entire videos will be able to be created that are really hard to tell are fake.

More interesting times ahead.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Lol.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Lol.

Saw that and thought the same. More reporting on speculation rather than fact.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 2:50:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Dr. Mengele was a doctor.
Not all doctors are to be trusted.
View Quote

at least Mengele did the job he was assigned to.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top