User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 3:15:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Overriding vetoes to curtail power is not a nothingburger, IMO.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothingburger.

Some paraphrasing and direct quotes:

"posturing by certain conservative members for home districts."   No overwhelming support in the house or appetite by Cupp for this.  Senate even less support to convict.  

Focus is instead on overriding vetoes by Dewine on the bills already passed.  Confident they have the votes to do this to curtail power(s) of ODH and Governor.

Overriding vetoes to curtail power is not a nothingburger, IMO.

Sorry, my post wasn't clear.

The impeachment is a nothingburger.  The override is real.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 3:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
When do Newsom, Witchmer, Abbott, Murphy, and Cuomo get impeached?
View Quote

I would love to see Newsome, Cuomo and Whitmer get the boot. Any others would be nice, too, but those three, in particular, would be especially satisfying.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 3:36:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
All the Republican friends back home hate him. His entire political career is one of incompetence and ignorance. The only reason he got elected was because most people consider the Democrats worse.
View Quote

This. He is a rino and needs to go. I dont know anyone how likes him.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 7:55:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Apparently FB is handing out bans over this one.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:01:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
DeWine doesn't care about impeachment. He got a very good job offer with a large international diamond conglomerate. They were looking for a lawyer who had high level administrative experience to be CEO of their corporation.

In other words since DeWine passed Da Bar he gets to run De Beers and call Da Shots
View Quote

Nice work.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:18:11 PM EDT
[#6]
When politicians begin to truly worry about getting tossed out, or voted out of office, then I think things in government may begin to change for the better.  Until then, there is really not that much incentive for politicians to change.  

It is sort of like if you don't make car payments and they don't repo the car, why should you make the payments?  Similarly, if politicians don't get tossed out or voted out, why should they change?

I'm not saying I support crooked or self serving politicians, what I do understand though is why things aren't changing.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:24:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, Dewine has among the highest approval ratings of any governor in the US so I'm saying a big no on this one. Apparently 4 members of the 138 member Ohio house want some publicity but that's about it!
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well, Dewine has among the highest approval ratings of any governor in the US so I'm saying a big no on this one. Apparently 4 members of the 138 member Ohio house want some publicity but that's about it!
View Quote

I posted a link demonstrating the exact opposite so I'm sure you could post up a link backing up your claim. Right?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
When do Newsom, Witchmer, Abbott, Murphy, and Cuomo get impeached?
View Quote

The petitions are circulating to get newsome.  Most folks here are pissed at him
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:49:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Maybe among democrats. I know a few democrats that really think he's good.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:51:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I doubt state level impeachments will go anywhere due to the natural tendencies of politicians seeking favors/power rather than following through with it.

For state level removal of governors and the legislators, voter recall is what you want if you want results.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 8:43:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Meanwhile, also here in Ohio...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 8:52:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Meanwhile....our hospitalizations are now down 31% from their peak and cases are plateauing, as well.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 2:07:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 2:19:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 4:43:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 4:53:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Dewine and Brown won in the same election, somehow.  Might want to be careful with a recall, could get something worse.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 5:41:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dewine and Brown won in the same election, somehow.  Might want to be careful with a recall, could get something worse.
View Quote

Exactly what I'm worried about
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 6:14:28 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't like him, at the same time I give him no attention.  I cannot stomach any local ABC, CBS, NBC news, all they harp about is the china virus and bad orange man,, I think he's instilled some 10pm to 5am thing but I don't pay no attention to what he or anyone else says. I do what I want, when I want and I will till the day I die.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 6:28:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

They're working on it (Michigans Kaitlin Jenner) but I'd almost rather see the state straight up ignore her so called orders 100%.
View Quote

With all of the RINOs and Demarats in the Michigan house and senate, this will never happen.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top