Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Brass ejecting right at my face. No thanks
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You can get a 1.5x or 3x optic that replaces the rail and kinda looks like the original. ( kinda like the original A2 version)

ETA: But the rails everywhere on the scope look, meh.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Can you get an optic that attaches to the rail that mimics the original optics style?

You can get a 1.5x or 3x optic that replaces the rail and kinda looks like the original. ( kinda like the original A2 version)

ETA: But the rails everywhere on the scope look, meh.

Manticore makes this:

https://manticorearms.com/product/talon-scope-mount-for-aug-m1/
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:17:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got the shipping notification. Wow, Gun Prime moves fast.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:22:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah you just need a LH bolt. Swap the bolt and the dust cover to the other side.
View Quote

As stated above only on the standard versions not the nato.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:25:40 PM EDT
[#6]
any after market triggers available yet? I had an Aug last year and dumped it
since the trigger was so bad.

Neat rifle, lousy trigger.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Trigger is going to depend on what stock you have from my research. Seems there’s a few options for the standard stock variant. It sounds like the red spring kit from Steyr is quite nice. Unfortunately they just sold out of them.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:32:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Steyr has new trigger springs available
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 5:41:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Can you get an optic that attaches to the rail that mimics the original optics style?
View Quote

Yes. What you’re looking for is called the “skinny scope”. Very difficult to find right now.

@admiral_crunch
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:01:23 PM EDT
[#10]
What is the muzzle thread pitch on the regular A3 (non NATO)? Also it says on their site that 14.5" barrels are coming soon - should I hold out for that?
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What is the muzzle thread pitch on the regular A3 (non NATO)? Also it says on their site that 14.5" barrels are coming soon - should I hold out for that?
View Quote

How old is your gun? It’s either M13xLH or 1/2x28.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Buying a new one today from OPs link
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
They're all 1/2 x 28 now.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:26:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

AUG's and ACOG's were meant for each other

https://i.redd.it/172ocafuzco81.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meoptica does not agree:

Skip the cheese-grater and go with the integrated optic, as intended.

And yes, you can remove the hand-damaging cheese-grater, and replace it with factory streamlined glass.

https://www.steyr-arms.com/us/steyr-factory-3x-optic-for-aug-a3-m1

Prices are high, but they do have sales.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:42:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Did you take that photo? That's hot.

Man, now I have waffle envy and I'm starting to rethink my NATO choices.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 6:58:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’d wait until you receive the rifle before buying anything. Apparently there are some of the older M13 barrels still out there. My understanding is if your rifle comes with a locking nut near the muzzle device, it’s 1/2x28.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 7:41:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I’d wait until you receive the rifle before buying anything. Apparently there are some of the older M13 barrels still out there. My understanding is if your rifle comes with a locking nut near the muzzle device, it’s 1/2x28.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I have been looking online and seeing the m13 or 1/2x28 discussion but I'd really rather not buy a $500 barrel from steyr. I actually emailed them on Monday (I was going to buy one before the sale) but they didn't get back to me yet.

Quoted:

How certain?
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#18]
https://gunprime.com/products/steyr-arms-aug-a3-m1-556-nato-od-green-aug-mag-pattern-augm1grnext

This is the only AUG they have left in stock that is both CHF and CL. Everything else is CHF and nitrided. I think the CL barrels are M13 while the nitrided barrels are 1/2x28.

ETA -  [email protected]

That would probably be the best way to find out. Shoot them the SKUs and ask.
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Wish they would standardize on a 1:7 barrel......

Link Posted: 7/14/2023 11:45:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought the green standard stock version from gunprime in March for $100 more than that.

Great deal!
Link Posted: 7/14/2023 11:45:12 PM EDT
[#21]

This photo will help determine threading. Both barrels have locking nuts, so I was definitely wrong about that earlier.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 3:15:02 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

13x1 LH barrels haven’t been made since the switch to 1/2x28 RH in 2017. Six years ago. If you’re buying new from a retailer it will 100% be 1/2x28.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 3:18:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

There are no new stock guns with 13x1 LH barrels.

1/2x28 barrels also used a check nut and tulip flash hider just as the 13x1 LH barrels. There is one way only to visibly discern a right hand threaded barrel. The groove machined into the end of the barrel about a 1/4” back from the shoulder.

Screwed my picture up. This was meant for the guy wondering about 14.5” barrels.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 3:20:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I have been looking online and seeing the m13 or 1/2x28 discussion but I'd really rather not buy a $500 barrel from steyr. I actually emailed them on Monday (I was going to buy one before the sale) but they didn't get back to me yet.

How certain?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

How certain?

@jsriolo

100% certain. Kitbuilder is correct.

You can buy muzzle devices today for your yet to arrive gun. 100% you will receive a nitride 1/2x28” RH barrel. Zero doubt you’ll get anything else.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 3:34:07 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/nrBr0K9.jpg

This photo will help determine threading. Both barrels have locking nuts, so I was definitely wrong about that earlier.
View Quote

That only indicates that the muzzle devices are 1/2x28”. What about when you receive a barrel with bare threads? The barrel ring is your answer.

Link Posted: 7/15/2023 5:03:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Arid is making new trigger parts now
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 8:27:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wish they would standardize on a 1:7 barrel......

View Quote

Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:00:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Finally bought one (OD, AUG mag) I've been wanting one since I started shooting in '01. I really don't need another gun and will probably sell a few others soon.  

I stopped searching for the best bullpup when I realized that I had always wanted an AUG since I was a kid in the 80's.  It's like wanting garand but then buying a different battle rifle because it's technically better in some way - part of why I got the less practical Aug mags.  Sometimes it's just fun to shoot what we want.  Might not be better than my ARs.  Might even be a little worse but I'm  betting I'll enjoy the heck out of it.

Thanks for making me a little poorer OP.

Planning on pulling a compM4 off an AR for this.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:02:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I do not need another AUG...I do not need another AUG...I do not need another AUG...
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
- part of why I got the less practical Aug mags.
View Quote
That A3 external bolt release is way more practical though.
You'll like it once you get used to using it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:06:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I do not need another AUG...I do not need another AUG...I do not need another AUG...
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do it. Seriously, this is a killer deal.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 2:38:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Highly recommend if you're wanting a bullpup. I have the NATO version but wish I had the A3. I got it in a trade so didn't have a choice.
View Quote

You can just swap stocks/triggerpacks if you want. Some dremmeling may be required, but i did it on a  old a3. Now have both for it.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 3:00:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Meoptica does not agree:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/media/t1yferxs/steyr-aug-a3m1-review-f.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop&width=987&height=551&rnd=132621956890230000&quality=60

And yes, you can remove the hand-damaging cheese-grater, and replace it with factory streamlined glass.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Meoptica does not agree:

https://www.americanrifleman.org/media/t1yferxs/steyr-aug-a3m1-review-f.jpg?anchor=center&mode=crop&width=987&height=551&rnd=132621956890230000&quality=60

I had the MSAR flavor and it was a slick setup but I prefer a bigger objective. My eye's are too old to try and aim through a straw.

Quoted:

Did you take that photo? That's hot.

Man, now I have waffle envy and I'm starting to rethink my NATO choices.

No mine but when I get another AUG it will have an ACOG or Elcan with an SRO. IMHO a 20" barrel, Euro stock and mags are required for Christmas viewing of Die Hard. It's more important than having a Beretta or MP5
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 3:58:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Ordered the white with NATO mags for the same price. Always liked the white camo in video games for some reason. Since this will be a range toy, why the hell not.

https://gunprime.com/products/steyr-aug-a3-556-nato-stock-stormtrooper-white-augm1whinatoext

Suggestions for suppressing these? Is there a different piston or something I should get? Also a trigger spring I should be looking for?
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 4:01:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Attachment Attached File

Better pic of the groove in the 1/2-28 barrels.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 4:08:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That only indicates that the muzzle devices are 1/2x28”. What about when you receive a barrel with bare threads? The barrel ring is your answer.

https://i.imgur.com/vYeyDyA.jpg
View Quote

You’d ask for a partial refund if you bought a rifle and it only came with bare threads.
Link Posted: 7/15/2023 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Ordered the white with NATO mags for the same price. Always liked the white camo in video games for some reason. Since this will be a range toy, why the hell not.

https://gunprime.com/products/steyr-aug-a3-556-nato-stock-stormtrooper-white-augm1whinatoext

Suggestions for suppressing these? Is there a different piston or something I should get? Also a trigger spring I should be looking for?
View Quote

I've had an itch for a snow AUG since I saw a pic during the ban and never could have imagined we'd see them for blowout prices.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top