BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 24
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Read the rest of their exclusions.  It says they don't price match clearance (this is) and the item has to be in stock (it isn't in most cases).  I am all about getting a deal, but you guys gaming the system is why we can't have nice things.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Read the rest of their exclusions.  It says they don't price match clearance (this is) and the item has to be in stock (it isn't in most cases).  I am all about getting a deal, but you guys gaming the system is why we can't have nice things.
What?  They can check to see if it's clearance or in stock.  The Dicks I went to chose not to and I got 4 nice things.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 1:39:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Comment was more aimed at all those getting pissed that they couldn't buy $65 cans at Dicks or Academy or get Walmart to match other stores.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The post I quoted didn't say anything about clearance. I didn't get the price match at Dicks because the gun counter guy couldn't find it in stock locally, and I wasn't a jerk to him. Of course there are any number of reasons - under their price match policy - that they won't give the discount.  But when the reason given by the guy at the store is "we don't match Wal Mart" it's worth pointing out that their advertisement says "We match Wal Mart."

You said on the last page to play by the rules. All I'm doing is reading the rule book to other participants
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 2:58:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Has anybody tried to get Academy to price match with an online order?  I’m thinking of attempting this
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 3:15:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 4:32:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Comment was more aimed at all those getting pissed that they couldn't buy $65 cans at Dicks or Academy or get Walmart to match other stores.  Sorry.
View Quote
Academy’s price match policy doesn’t say they flat out deny a clearance price. It says they reserve the right to deny the price match. So, it’s really not taking advantage of them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 5:19:55 PM EDT
[#7]
One of the Walmart locations in my vicinity lists it at $59 on brickseek. Out of stock though.

It’s getting cheaper!
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 5:24:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Just went to Dicks after work and tried to get the Dick in sporting goods to price match but he said he couldn’t unless I could prove that Walmart still had them in stock at a local store(which they’re all sold out).  I was trying to use the pic of the price on the shelf that one of you guys provided.  Three cans of m855 stayed on their shelf.  I may eventually try another store.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Just went to Dicks after work and tried to get the Dick in sporting goods to price match but he said he couldn’t unless I could prove that Walmart still had them in stock at a local store(which they’re all sold out).  I was trying to use the pic of the price on the shelf that one of you guys provided.  Three cans of m855 stayed on their shelf.  I may eventually try another store.
View Quote
I guess I could’ve taken the approach of just pulling it off the shelves and taking it up to the high school age cashiers and see if I could get away with the price match without anybody questioning the big price difference.  The sporting goods dick couldn’t believe Walmart was letting it go on sale to that steep of a discount, so he knew better and basically gave me a hard ‘no’
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 5:50:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Online price match at Academy requires direct link with price verification

Third party submissions,receipts,or screen shots don’t meet their price match requirements for online price match orders
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Finally scored a couple cans for $89ea. Been watching the two near my house, seen them on the shelf so knew they were there. Brickseek still showed $124 this morning, then I checked again this afternoon and they were $89. Drove to Walmart and not a soul in sight near the SG counter aside from the friendly associate. Thanks for posting this thread, OP!
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 8:20:37 PM EDT
[#12]
The local stores here in DFW won’t price match other stores. But, I was able to grab one more can today.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:41:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I found one box as my Walmart but it’s marked at $174 while Brickseek says $64.

Do I need to ask them to check the price for me?
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
Definitely have them ring it up.   They always swear to me it's not clearance, and then shit their pants when it rings up super low.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:43:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Have them scan it, when they scan it should show the correct price. My can and shelf tag still had the $174 price but rang up for the brickseek price.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:49:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just go back at a different time and try when that dick isn’t there. Or just take it up front and ask them. I never ask the counter guy they always get pissy because they can’t get a good deal.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Have them scan it, when they scan it should show the correct price. My can and shelf tag still had the $174 price but rang up for the brickseek price.
View Quote
Or download the Walmart app and scan it yourself.  It should ring up the same.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
I would.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:06:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just go back at a different time and try when that dick isn’t there. Or just take it up front and ask them. I never ask the counter guy they always get pissy because they can’t get a good deal.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm really tempted to try this. I think I literally lost out at least in part because the gun counter guy was jealous
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
The Walmart app will not scan ammo.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:08:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yep. My SG guy had no idea they were clearanced. I just told him it should ring up for $89, and it did.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:08:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm really tempted to try this. I think I literally lost out at least in part because the gun counter guy was jealous
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dude. Just tell him you want to buy it. If it rings up at the normal price tell him nevermind.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:11:01 PM EDT
[#23]
I didnt know the XM193 was on sale

Would have much rather had that over M855
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:33:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Thank you so much, guys. I will try again.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 10:37:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It does for me.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 11:20:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The local stores here in DFW won’t price match other stores. But, I was able to grab one more can today.
View Quote
Where you the nut hugger at walmart in grand prairie by sams that picked up the one can but told them it showed 3 in stock?
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 11:37:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
reads the whole thread, then asks this question. user name checks out......
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 12:37:38 AM EDT
[#28]
I stopped by a local Academy today to see if they would price match, if I had a receipt from another store. The guy behind the counter said as long as the UPC matched, it was okay with him. Unfortunately, this Academy was temporarily OOS on M855, but they did have a can of M193 for $149.99. I let it stay. The Academy guy said they get ammo shipments on Wednesdays and Sundays, so I'll go back. However, I did get a couple of $89 M855 cans that showed "in stock" at another W-M close by. I only had to wait 2 hours for the Sporting Goods manager to show up. 2 other employees had actually gone and looked in the back and came up empty handed, but she knew exactly what I wanted and where they were. 4 cans now, with pending acquisitions from Academy. I'm going to give one of them to my son in the Army. He is deployed right now and obviously can't get to any sales.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 12:41:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Where you the nut hugger at walmart in grand prairie by sams that picked up the one can but told them it showed 3 in stock?
View Quote
No, but small world.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 12:42:24 AM EDT
[#30]
My local WM just went up to 5 cans in stock for $89.99
Why did I choose last week to spend my fun money
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 2:49:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
My local WM just went up to 5 cans in stock for $89.99
Why did I choose last week to spend my fun money
View Quote
Did they seriously restock it?   I thought Walmart’s purpose was to get rid of these things?  
One Walmart about an hour away is showing 2 in stock for $89 but I was fooled by that twice this past week at Walmart’s closer to home that still had cans ‘in stock’.  When I get there they are all gone and the walmartards look around, look in back, etc and tell me they’re all gone.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 3:08:55 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Did they seriously restock it?   I thought Walmart’s purpose was to get rid of these things?  
One Walmart about an hour away is showing 2 in stock for $89 but I was fooled by that twice this past week at Walmart’s closer to home that still had cans ‘in stock’.  When I get there they are all gone and the walmartards look around, look in back, etc and tell me they’re all gone.
View Quote
I'm not sure. They sold out @$124 so I gave up.
Then I had a wild thought to see if any other locations had any. Bam, 5 cans in stock, $89 per.
ETA- I'm gonna run over there after work. Anyone know if they'll sell ammo at 2 AM?
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 3:21:07 AM EDT
[#33]
I’m jealous as fuck of everyone in this thread.  My local wal marts are all priced at $174.  
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 3:22:37 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Then I had a wild thought to see if any other locations had any. Bam, 5 cans in stock, $89 per.
ETA- I'm gonna run over there after work. Anyone know if they'll sell ammo at 2 AM?
View Quote
Gun and ammo sales stop at 10.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 4:53:02 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
Ok thanks. I'll try on the way in to work tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:24:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No, but small world.
View Quote
Indeed.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe in the people’s republic of Texas.

I’ve bought ammo many times around midnight.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:53:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would simply tell them “I will take it” when it rings up at lower price then there’s your answer if it rings up at higher price simply say no thank you
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:14:54 AM EDT
[#39]
I was going to pick up 2 cans at $89 in Howell, MI but someone beat me to them today. I still have yet to get 1 can.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:36:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
The one next to me won’t be able to anymore. I took all they had for $64.33
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can’t believe Dick’s has the nerve to charge $200 for one of those cans
The one next to me won’t be able to anymore. I took all they had for $64.33
Which store?
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It works for me. I just did it yesterday when I picked up my 2 cans.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 1:23:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

It works for me. I just did it yesterday when I picked up my 2 cans.
View Quote
huh, wonder if there was an update...it used to not do so.  I picked up 4 boxes of 30/30 for $7/box at lunch.  Will scan this evening to see what happens.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 2:50:49 PM EDT
[#43]
I’m really jealous of all the deals had. Hopefully the academy or dicks allow the picture of the tag and price match.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 3:27:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I’m really jealous of all the deals had. Hopefully the academy or dicks allow the picture of the tag and price match.
View Quote
Academy used this one for the price match on the 420 can no questions asked, just told the MOD it was from a Walmart down the road and she gave it to me
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 3:30:27 PM EDT
[#45]
Scored 1 x 420 round can @$64.33 minus 5% and 8 x 300 AAC @$7/box minus 5% from AcademyAttachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Academy used this one for the price match on the 420 can no questions asked, just told the MOD it was from a Walmart down the road and she gave it to me
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/165171/D35DE828-8EFB-49BC-B7A4-D9D59AB83EBF_jpeg-938690.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/165171/D35DE828-8EFB-49BC-B7A4-D9D59AB83EBF_jpeg-938690.JPG
I just tried. MOD said it was too much of a hit. Oh well.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I just tried. MOD said it was too much of a hit. Oh well.
View Quote
The MOD kinda gasped when she did the override, there for a second I didnt think it would work.  Try a different day and you may luck out
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#48]
The scumbags in mansfield tx academy fucking called and had to verify Walmart had it in stock.

Fucks didnt do shit.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 8:07:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
The scumbags in mansfield tx academy fucking called and had to verify Walmart had it in stock.

Fucks didnt do shit.
View Quote
Easy there! Academy followed their policy and you didn't get lucky.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Scored a m855 can for $57.01 at a limited stock store today. Don't give up on the limited stock locations.
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top