Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 3:41:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 3:43:08 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

My 14 year old daughter is getting a North Face jacket for Christmas. I am sure that TNF products offer many many features and qualities that justify their price compared to more pedestrian counterparts, but the truth is my daughter, and about 99.59999999% of the people I see wearing that brand in this area will never ever know the difference.

We live in Augusta, GA, this time of year the high temperature is rarely below 60 degrees, and often above 70, over night lows are typically in the low to mid fifties.

Barring a sudden onset ice age, my daughter will never ever see a quality difference between the TNF jacket we buy her, and say a Columbia. I am sure that TNF are priced very closely with other serious outerwear manufacturers, but those other companies have piss poor marketing as I have never seen a teeny bopper at the mall wearing their kit, but you will have a hard time finding one that isn't wearing Uggs boots and a TNF fleece jacket on these frigid mid seventies afternoons.

Around here, it's Mountain Hardwear.

Link Posted: 12/7/2012 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
http://slickdeals.net/f/5658950-25-off-North-Face-one-item-or-any-other-brand-at-Backwoods

Though, after checking, apparently pink is not available...  Would've beat your $149 price...
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 4:04:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Best time to buy North Face stuff is in May or June. Despite what people say about the quality or price, I have owned two Mountain Guide jackets in 14 years. Worn the crap out of them and they are still going strong, I think one was a factory second even.
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 4:05:25 PM EDT
[#5]

I just came here to post this:

Link Posted: 12/7/2012 4:06:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I believe the picture you posted is the Linaria Pink and it's not an easy to find color. It's not one I've seen discounted anywhere. If you're sure of the color and size she wants, because there are a few other pinks, I'd order it directly from North Face as soon as you can, or else you could easily end up without. As far as outerwear goes, it's not a bad jacket and the price is reasonable. If that jacket will make her happy, do it. You'll be better off finding other ways to save a few dollars.

Link Posted: 12/7/2012 4:10:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I think TAG may have them discounted and in your color, worth a look
Link Posted: 12/7/2012 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#9]
TNF is NOT anything like what it was years ago. Probably close to 15 years ago there quality dropped, they sold out. All you are paying for now is the name. There is a reason why the smaller outdoor stores don't carry it anymore. Mountain Hardware, Marmot, Patagonia, Arcteryx, and Cloudveil are WAY better for a similar price.

But sometimes you have to do what you have to do.
Link Posted: 12/11/2012 5:19:49 AM EDT
[#10]
I found it at Cabela's for $130 and free shipping.  Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 12/11/2012 5:34:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
try Sports Basement ( if they're still around ) online.

Sports Basement is awesome. I have to go check them out every time I am in San Francisco. Skip the website and call them directly. I am betting one of their employees with be more than happy to assist you.

Sports Authority is another place you can buy TNF. I am betting that if she wants the pink Apex Bionic that you are going to have to bite the bullet and pay full retail.

BTW, I own several The North Face coats, jackets, shirts, pants, etc and they are a great value for me. Probably 35+ articles of TNF clothing in my house at the moment. I still have my first Nuptse from 1999 and it is still in great shape. My wife has several including the Apex Bionic. The shell can be a little stiff at times but that stiffness gives it a nice crisp look, especially if you are pretty much just going to wear it around town.

jonblack

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top