Quoted:

So, as a carried duty gun, it is always on
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why optics, no irons? So is the optic constantly on?

The gun has irons. The Romeo Pros have an auto on off feature. If it sits for 2 minutes it shuts off. The slightest movement turns it on.

So, as a carried duty gun, it is always on

Yes, why wouldn't you want it on? Once you hang up your belt, it turns off after 2 minutes.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:02:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The Cult of Gaston are going to MUHMIMSHURRDURR their hearts out, yet meanwhile Sig will continue taking over the small arms world one contract at a time.
View Quote
Lol.  Funny how Sig fans are always the first to bring up Glock in Sig threads.  Why not just discuss Sigs?

Anyway.  Good for them.  Anything with a RD is a step up.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:03:48 PM EDT
[#3]
But mu Glock.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:04:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn....another agency ditching the .357SIG . They were the FIRST police agency to adopt the .357. I ditched it myself but still love it....

Their previous pistols were p229 with DAK triggers chambered in ,357
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Damn....another agency ditching the .357SIG . I ditched it myself but still love it....

Their previous pistols were p229 with DAK triggers chambered in ,357
View Quote

It’s strange, I’m actually looking at a P229 in .357 Sig just to mess around with. I have a few cases of .357 Sig that have been knocking around in the safe for a few years. I figure it will be a good chance to get some range time in. Seems I missed the boat on all the cheap police trade in P229s though.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:07:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sig probably gave them the fuckers.
View Quote

Nothing new there. How do you think Glock Glocked all things?

Titty bars and gimme guns.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:08:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The P320 is fine. It is an excellent duty pistol and is currently serving all over the US and world in both military and law enforcement in that capacity. Their optic choice though, the Romeo 1 Pro is just pants on head retarded. The R1P isn't drop safe, it WILL break if dropped. It just isn't a good optic. By the time they pay to replace optics twice over they could have just bought Trijicon RMRs.

Really Sig missed an opportunity. They developed their Romeo 2 and have been testing it for a few years. This would have been a great chance to get some out in the field and tested. The Romeo 2 shows a lot of promise. It is made at Sigs Oregon facility. They developed the optic with Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics. I am really optimistic that it will be a good little red dot. Which it better be since it is going to cost about as much as the RMR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGul2qZs2Eo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtMGQjYfSbQ
View Quote

The Romeo1 Pro is a good optic. Heard shitty things about the "non pro" version.

People also bag on the DPP... yet, the JSOC units are using them on their Glocks and SIGs.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:11:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lol.  Funny how Sig fans are always the first to bring up Glock in Sig threads.  Why not just discuss Sigs?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Cult of Gaston are going to MUHMIMSHURRDURR their hearts out, yet meanwhile Sig will continue taking over the small arms world one contract at a time.

? This thread is filled with those that drink the Glock kool-aid, but who said I was a Sig fan? I carry Glocks more than I carry my Sigs.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No. Glock isn't dominant anymore either.
View Quote

65% of the US LE market isn't dominant?

Sixty Five Percent Of US Law Enforcement Carry GLOCK
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:14:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Better not drop ‘em!

View Quote

Flashback to the bad old days. I was shooting at the state range in New Castle. You signed in, and if you were some sort of law enforcement or corrections, you didn't have to pay the small fee to shoot. One other lane was occupied by an odd couple: he was 6' and maybe 100lb, she was 5' and no less than 200lb. She was the only female there and the sign-in had her as DSP and badge number.

I get into the lane next to them. Cold range, so we set up our targets.

Line went hot and I started with a .22. The couple didn't shoot. I leaned back to peek, and the range officer was explaining to them how to work the brand new P229 the DSP had just adopted in .357Sig. Somehow, I wasn't surprised by an undertrained, overweight trooper with a tweeker boyfriend.

At the time, I was a recoil junkie. I liked to make really big noised with my S&W 629. I had some ridiculous Federal stuff that made concrete dust drift out of the ceiling and I'm sure shortened the service life of that revolver. One range officer had said in his drill sergeant voice, "Son, you are obscenely loud!" Best compliment ever. If I didn't come home with a bruise on the web of my hand. I wasn't SHOOTING. I scoured the local gun shops looking for heavier and faster rounds. I have matured since then. Sorta.

The couple finally got the Sig to shoot, and the RO was instructing them on why the black part of the target was important and how holes should be there after shooting.

I took aim and touched off the monster. The partitions rattled, my fillings rattled, flame shot out the end of the gun and the RO yells, "OH, SHIT!" I put down my revolver and stepped back, thinking I had to explain, and there was Trooper Hambeast picking up her new gun off the floor and looking at me, severely rattled. The RO was sweating a lot even for a hot Delaware day in a concrete box. He told her to pack it up and come back another day; I had made her drop her gun.

So when you say don't drop them, they may need that advice.

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:14:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That really bothers me that the sights don’t fit flush with the slide.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/161329/10FEDC0A-F858-4BC2-8603-2541DACFE2C3_jpe-1877474.JPG
View Quote

They're free floated. Allows for more natural harnonics.... and stuff
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The Romeo1 Pro is a good optic. Heard shitty things about the "non pro" version.

People also bag on the DPP... yet, the JSOC units are using them on their Glocks and SIGs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The P320 is fine. It is an excellent duty pistol and is currently serving all over the US and world in both military and law enforcement in that capacity. Their optic choice though, the Romeo 1 Pro is just pants on head retarded. The R1P isn't drop safe, it WILL break if dropped. It just isn't a good optic. By the time they pay to replace optics twice over they could have just bought Trijicon RMRs.

Really Sig missed an opportunity. They developed their Romeo 2 and have been testing it for a few years. This would have been a great chance to get some out in the field and tested. The Romeo 2 shows a lot of promise. It is made at Sigs Oregon facility. They developed the optic with Aaron Cowan of Sage Dynamics. I am really optimistic that it will be a good little red dot. Which it better be since it is going to cost about as much as the RMR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGul2qZs2Eo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtMGQjYfSbQ

Lots of issues with both optics. Search around.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:24:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

5 years ago, yeah.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:25:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your article is literally 3 years old.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:25:28 PM EDT
[#15]
New England trash blasters.

Do they come with 23# triggers and 6 round magazines, too?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:28:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

I did my research. I'm happy with my Pro.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:31:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t drop it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Don’t drop it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t drop it.

Not worried. I have the metal shroud that it comes with on it.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:38:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Flashback to the bad old days. I was shooting at the state range in New Castle. You signed in, and if you were some sort of law enforcement or corrections, you didn't have to pay the small fee to shoot. One other lane was occupied by an odd couple: he was 6' and maybe 100lb, she was 5' and no less than 200lb. She was the only female there and the sign-in had her as DSP and badge number.

I get into the lane next to them. Cold range, so we set up our targets.

Line went hot and I started with a .22. The couple didn't shoot. I leaned back to peek, and the range officer was explaining to them how to work the brand new P229 the DSP had just adopted in .357Sig. Somehow, I wasn't surprised by an undertrained, overweight trooper with a tweeker boyfriend.

At the time, I was a recoil junkie. I liked to make really big noised with my S&W 629. I had some ridiculous Federal stuff that made concrete dust drift out of the ceiling and I'm sure shortened the service life of that revolver. One range officer had said in his drill sergeant voice, "Son, you are obscenely loud!" Best compliment ever. If I didn't come home with a bruise on the web of my hand. I wasn't SHOOTING. I scoured the local gun shops looking for heavier and faster rounds. I have matured since then. Sorta.

The couple finally got the Sig to shoot, and the RO was instructing them on why the black part of the target was important and how holes should be there after shooting.

I took aim and touched off the monster. The partitions rattled, my fillings rattled, flame shot out the end of the gun and the RO yells, "OH, SHIT!" I put down my revolver and stepped back, thinking I had to explain, and there was Trooper Hambeast picking up her new gun off the floor and looking at me, severely rattled. The RO was sweating a lot even for a hot Delaware day in a concrete box. He told her to pack it up and come back another day; I had made her drop her gun.

So when you say don't drop them, they may need that advice.

View Quote

Ommelanden?
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:39:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What is that, about 50 pistols?
View Quote

I'm sure it is at least 36 .....
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:40:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t drop it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SigSauer/comments/kx9yzj/cracked_romeo_1_pro_replacement/

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:44:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The Indians build good pistols.
View Quote

I like mine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:45:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Ommelanden?
View Quote

Yup. I spent a lot of time there in the mid-late 90's.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:48:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t drop it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SigSauer/comments/kx9yzj/cracked_romeo_1_pro_replacement/

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif

Neat. I've seen broken Aimpoints too. Yet, I have a T2 on my rifle.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ommelanden?

Had an old range officer yell at me for shooting my 10.5" AR there for being too obnoxious. It had a brace as well and gave me shit for not having my SBR paperwork. Haven't been back and the only reason I would go back is to disturb the peace and piss off the shitty RO's. I've been itching to shoot my 357sig in there though...
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:51:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t drop it.

The fact that in every Romeo 2 video the Sig rep states “we’ve really taken our time to make sure we got it right” when describing the Romeo 2 vs the Romeo 1 pro is a clue. That metal shroud doesn’t do anything to protect the optic from shock and impact. The glass is not rugged enough. You do you though. I’ll stick with my Trijicon products.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 1:54:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The fact that in every Romeo 2 video the Sig rep states “we’ve really taken our time to make sure we got it right” when describing the Romeo 2 vs the Romeo 1 pro is a clue. That metal shroud doesn’t do anything to protect the optic from shock and impact. The glass is not rugged enough. You do you though. I’ll stick with my Trijicon products.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t drop it.

Im gonna shoot my R1Pro on my RXP til it dies and then switch to the RMR. It isn't a carry gun or anything, just a gun to get me acclimated and comfortable shooting a red dot on a pistol. Im loving it so far.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t drop it.

Cool. When the Romeo 2 comes out, I will give them a look.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 2:05:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Im gonna shoot my R1Pro on my RXP til it dies and then switch to the RMR. It isn't a carry gun or anything, just a gun to get me acclimated and comfortable shooting a red dot on a pistol. Im loving it so far.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t drop it.

Here is a white paper done by Sage dynamics. The R1P isn’t tested because it is a slight modification to the R1 which did very poorly in testing. The glass is fragile, the electronics are sub par. The R1 and R1P are made in China with a Sig logo. I am very interested in Sigs R2 optic since it is made in the USA. I’ll wait for testing though before I jump on that grenade.

Note the round count on some of the optics. Trijicon RMR and Holosun seem to be the only two solid choices currently on the market. For me Holosun isn’t a choice because fuck China.
https://1312bba5-e7e7-76e8-1fca-a01bfd3a0b6e.filesusr.com/ugd/7dc128_21de6dec9537496b9c0ff74a0c1370c2.pdf
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 2:09:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Here is a white paper done by Sage dynamics. The R1P isn’t tested because it is a slight modification to the R1 which did very poorly in testing. The glass is fragile, the electronics are sub par. The R1 and R1P are made in China with a Sig logo. I am very interested in Sigs R2 optic since it is made in the USA. I’ll wait for testing though before I jump on that grenade.

Note the round count on some of the optics. Trijicon RMR and Holosun seem to be the only two solid choices currently on the market. For me Holosun isn’t a choice because fuck China.
https://1312bba5-e7e7-76e8-1fca-a01bfd3a0b6e.filesusr.com/ugd/7dc128_21de6dec9537496b9c0ff74a0c1370c2.pdf
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t drop it.

Oh I have no doubts that the R1Pro isn't as rugged as the RMR, but its good enough for me for range use and RDS Handgun practice.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 2:15:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Oh I have no doubts that the R1Pro isn't as rugged as the RMR, but its good enough for me for range use and RDS Handgun practice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don’t drop it.

It is probably suitable for HD use. My next HD build will have the SRO. The SRO isn’t as durable as the RMR in drop testing but the bigger window is worth it for limited use like HD IMO.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Great, now to retrain everyone.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 2:48:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Lots of departments are using the P320. Sig has been cutting deep into Glock the past few years. The fan boys will continue to cry about Sig and make jokes. Just like people have done about Glock, jokes like the Glock grenade joke. It’s the circle of life.
View Quote

Sig will have to sign kver a thousand contracts to get back the market share they had in LE 20 years ago.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:21:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Sig will have to sign kver a thousand contracts to get back the market share they had in LE 20 years ago.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lots of departments are using the P320. Sig has been cutting deep into Glock the past few years. The fan boys will continue to cry about Sig and make jokes. Just like people have done about Glock, jokes like the Glock grenade joke. It’s the circle of life.

Nah. They are well on their way. Lots of departments issue the P320 as well as the US Military and some foreign nations.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:45:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
What is that, about 50 pistols?
View Quote

LoL, never been to the East coast, huh?

Can’t swing a dead cat without hitting a cop car.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:48:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Wonder how different the scores would've been if they switched from P229 357sig DAK to P320 in 9mm with no RDS. Just curious. I'm sure it takes most officers a while to be able to shoot 357sig effectively and it seems most dont train and practice as often as they should. Whereas 9mm is much easier to shoot fast and accurately.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Glock took over the LE market because they spent the 1990’s practically giving guns away, and 1994 AWB effectively stalled service pistol development.  

The notion that in 2021 Glock pistols actually perform better than any of a dozen or so options is just laughable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Doesn’t this always come down to a cost issue?  I mean choose want you want but Glock dominants for a reason.

Glock took over the LE market because they spent the 1990’s practically giving guns away, and 1994 AWB effectively stalled service pistol development.  

The notion that in 2021 Glock pistols actually perform better than any of a dozen or so options is just laughable.

It’s kinda funny, but the Glock guys are now the next generation’s 1911 fanatics.    

....And the times they are a chang’in
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

It’s kinda funny, but the Glock guys are now exactly the same as the 1911 generation.   And the times they are a chang’in
View Quote

The parallels are hilariously ironic.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:55:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s kinda funny, but the Glock guys are now exactly the same as the 1911 generation.   And the times they are a chang’in

You get to see some really weird stuff if you live long enough.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#40]
That makes sense for Delaware.

Fast shipping to the east coast from India.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:04:21 PM EDT
[#41]
This news was out 3-6 months ago. Late to the party
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:06:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
This news was out 3-6 months ago. Late to the party
View Quote

True, along with some other DE agencies switching to P320's with R1Pro's.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:11:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:14:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ommelanden?

A fudds wet dream
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:17:09 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

A fudds wet dream
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ommelanden?

A fudds wet dream

All Fudds or new shooters last I was there. They also require a safety briefing now and give you a laminated card that says you completed it thats good for 1 year. And instead of $4 for 30 minutes like it used to be, I believe its $8 now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:17:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Does the optic lose zero with use? I have a swamp fox on my hunting pistol, but avoided optics on carry pistols out of concern about this.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s not the end of the world if you train yourself to shoot with both eyes open all the time, but you can’t shoot just 50 rounds and think you’ll be better with an optic. It took me 500 rounds to feel ok with it, and 1,000 before I felt confident. You also need to take the time and ammo to keep the optic sighted in, which could be an issue with a department wide issuance.

It’ll be interesting how this plays out, especially with the questionable optic durability. Someone within that department is drunk on Sig kool aid because there’s much better choices for optics.

Does the optic lose zero with use? I have a swamp fox on my hunting pistol, but avoided optics on carry pistols out of concern about this.

There are videos of RMRs being repeatedly dropped onto concrete with no shift in zero. This is beside the many LEO/mil organizations that have tested and now allow/have adopted RDS on their handguns. I’m leery of Sig optics, but assuming it’s a quality optic it’s fine.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

No.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:20:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:24:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Nah. They are well on their way. Lots of departments issue the P320 as well as the US Military and some foreign nations.
View Quote

They’ve got to sell several hundred thousand to law enforcement to get there. This is a major agency and it’s less than a thousand guns.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They’ve got to sell several hundred thousand to law enforcement to get there. This is a major agency and it’s less than a thousand guns.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, the P320 is in use all over the US with multiple state and fed LE agencies. It is also in use with the us military, Canada and other nations. RIF.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top