Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:14:59 PM EDT
[#1]
When I had a body camera, the only people that were able to access the storage device (and subsequently edit, delete, etc. the footage) were the Chief and our head IT person.

Not really sure they serve their intended purpose very well if the person wearing it can delete it themselves... regardless of how much I hated the idea of Big Brother being next to me at every call, having it only helped me.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:17:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I had a body camera, the only people that were able to access the storage device (and subsequently edit, delete, etc. the footage) were the Chief and our head IT person.

Not really sure they serve their intended purpose very well if the person wearing it can delete it themselves... regardless of how much I hated the idea of Big Brother being next to me at every call, having it only helped me.
View Quote
The officer's camera footage wasn't deleted, the auditor's basic camera footage was. He said that once he got the camera back it was wiped and he had to use recovery tools of some sort to get the footage we just watched.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Interesting. I didn’t realize you could actually “make” a cop violate your rights.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a professional, but the other guy shouldn't have put him in a position to violate his rights.

Interesting. I didn’t realize you could actually “make” a cop violate your rights.

This is like those damn women wearing mini-skirts and such, forcing men to rape them . . . .
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:22:01 PM EDT
[#4]
So asking someone to respect your personal space is now against the law, and considered "Breach of Peace"?

What happened to social distancing?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, some of you guys on the cop's side are crazy.  Yes, the auditor is probably a shitbag, however the COP is more of a shitbag.  Just because someone has a badge does not mean they get to assault someone.  I am seeing way too many of these videos anymore to think it's "just a few bad apples".  People in law enforcement must do more to be better at their jobs.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:37:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wow, some of you guys on the cop's side are crazy.  Yes, the auditor is probably a shitbag, however the COP is more of a shitbag.  Just because someone has a badge does not mean they get to assault someone.  I am seeing way too many of these videos anymore to think it's "just a few bad apples".  People in law enforcement must do more to be better at their jobs.
View Quote

If one of the employees really did "call their husband" and it was in fact this officer, that makes his actions even worse, as it would be completely retaliatory in nature.

Based on the officer's demeanor, it seems pretty clear he wasn't there to just ask a few questions. He intended to intimidate, arrest, and/or assault the auditor from the start.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So asking someone to respect your personal space is now against the law, and considered "Breach of Peace"?

What happened to social distancing?
View Quote

The guy should have politely requested six feet of space.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

"First Amendment auditors" exist because Youtube has a very lucrative monetization policy for anyone who undermines traditional Western civilization such as law enforcement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

"First Amendment auditors" exist because Youtube has a very lucrative monetization policy for anyone who undermines traditional Western civilization such as law enforcement.

So being held accountable undermines traditional western civilization?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:39:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Shitty cops can get fired.

Creepy fucking asshats who insist on trying to act like terrorists while recording folks trying to live their fucking lives can't.

In truth the cops should have never even been called here, because it should be perfectly legal for the people working in that building to come out and pummel the fucking jackass within an inch of his for refusing to leave.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well hell,  let's hear your debate.

Creepy fucking asshats who insist on trying to act like terrorists while recording folks trying to live their fucking lives can't.

In truth the cops should have never even been called here, because it should be perfectly legal for the people working in that building to come out and pummel the fucking jackass within an inch of his for refusing to leave.

I feel like we now know the username of the cop in the video.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:41:04 PM EDT
[#11]
POS cop should be removed, I'm not surprised the bootlickers are here.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 3:54:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

No, I think he's clearly saying that law enforcement are the ones undermining traditional western civilization. He just missed a comma.

"... anyone who undermines traditional Western civilization, such as law enforcement."

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You really shouldn't record either.  Even though the law often says you can.  The law in most places says you can go around calling everyone you meet a cocksucking piece of shit too.  But again, you really shouldn't.

Legally, the cop is wrong here, and the POS "auditor" is likely right (even though none of them seem to know what "easement" really means).  But, as I am not involved in the adjudication of this mess, I can follow my heart instead of my head, and just say that I wish the property owner had physically removed the idiot with the camera with no repercussion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Live their lives, or conduct public business in public?

You really shouldn't record either.  Even though the law often says you can.  The law in most places says you can go around calling everyone you meet a cocksucking piece of shit too.  But again, you really shouldn't.

Legally, the cop is wrong here, and the POS "auditor" is likely right (even though none of them seem to know what "easement" really means).  But, as I am not involved in the adjudication of this mess, I can follow my heart instead of my head, and just say that I wish the property owner had physically removed the idiot with the camera with no repercussion.

The auditor was on public property. Again, you want him physically removed from a public place by random people.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Boorish, rude, provocative behavior in public... You talking about the cop or the auditor?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right up until a few decades ago, Western civilization was also not only allowed, but encouraged, to put checks and balanced on boorish, rude, provocative behavior in public as well.

Boorish, rude, provocative behavior in public... You talking about the cop or the auditor?

The one who committed assault bc he wasn't being respected. Duh.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 4:27:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
To save everybody some trouble, it's a video by one of those "audits" douchebags.
View Quote

This. These guys go looking for trouble.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 4:33:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The auditor was on public property. Again, you want him physically removed from a public place by random people.
View Quote

Source on the property?

The narrator said he was on an easement. My easements have restrictions for their use. NONE of them are for the public to freely access. So, what is it in this case?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

So, if you and I are out in public and I see you do something with which I find fault, I should have the right to beat you into a fucking coma with a Louisville Slugger, even if the act you commit is perfectly legal and you have every legal right to be where you were?

You might want to review Tennessee Code Annotated 39-13-101, as it says your idea is a crime.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 4:39:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Source on the property?

The narrator said he was on an easement. My easements have restrictions for their use. NONE of them are for the public to freely access. So, what is it in this case?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Source on the property?

You don't have a sidewalk? You've never seen people walking on the side of the road where there is no sidewalk?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 4:46:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You don't have a sidewalk? You've never seen people walking on the side of the road where there is no sidewalk?
View Quote

That isn't an easement. It is public property. The public property extends until it hits private property. An easement would allow someone other than the owner to access it.

But no, none of my properties have personal sidewalks with a public easement.

ETA-

The parcel map is messed up, but the line for all of the other roadway lines would show the guy was on public property. Not an easement. If you look at the video where the fire hydrant is, it looks to be about 10' inside the property line of the business.

ETA2-

Official GIS city map showing the lines and the guy was on public property

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 4:46:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I’ve encountered a couple. One just wanted to take a video of the parking lot and break area. He king of walked around whispering something to himself.

The second guy  came up asking legal questions and my
opinion on the constitution. I suggested he contact an attorney trained to provide legal advice. He got pushy saying he was testing me as a public servant and demanded responses. I politely refused to participate in his test citing my freedom not to take unwanted exams. He got frustrated and went away.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 4:56:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Didn’t say it's okay, BUT...

If you go around asking for trouble, it'll find you.
Frankly, this looks like a case of 2 dumbasses colliding.
View Quote

Except, one is going to get paid, and one (should) be getting fired.

The cop was a complete moron.  LEO like that need to be culled from the job.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That isn't an easement. It is public property. The public property extends until it hits private property. An easement would allow someone other than the owner to access it.

ETA-

The parcel map is messed up, but the line for all of the other roadway lines would show the guy was on public property. Not an easement. If you look at the video where the fire hydrant is, it looks to be about 10' inside the property line of the business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ETA-

That sounds like a great thing to have a conversation about rather than assaulting the guy, illegally arresting him, and tampering with evidence.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:02:29 PM EDT
[#23]
It took me about 10 seconds to recognize where in Florence that is.  I grew up there in the 60s, 70s and 80s.  The only family still there are in Mt Hope.  I am really glad my Dad is not around to see this crap.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:03:51 PM EDT
[#24]
It would have been really funny if the guy with the camera asked the cop if his wife had called him and said he was there. I wonder what his reply would have been? The cop needs to be fired, and then charged with some level of batter on the camera guy also, IMHO.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:04:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Do cops like the one in the video exist because of "first ammendment auditors"?

Or do "first ammendment auditors" exist because of cops like the one in the video?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
To save everybody some trouble, it's a video by one of those "audits" douchebags.

Or do "first ammendment auditors" exist because of cops like the one in the video?
Second
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:05:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then it's okay?

One "dumbass" has the power of law enforcement.  If he does not act in a professional way, then he can cost the taxpayers of the city/county 6 to 7 figures.  There's no excuse for bad behavior from him.  There's definitely not an excuse if he destroyed evidence related to his bad actions.

I'm not worried about the other "dumbass" as long as he doesn't break the law, "auditor" or not...

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That officer was most definitely looking to start trouble.

He arrived with the intent to intimidate, arrest, and/or assault that man. He looked like a pitbull going after a toddler.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#28]
"HEY, GO CALL YOUR HUSBAND"

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:25:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Doesn't really matter. One of them came asking for trouble, one came looking for trouble.
They both got what they wanted, and probably went home happy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't really matter. One of them came asking for trouble, one came looking for trouble.

One needs to lose his job and be charged with assault.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like you are attacking the guy following the law and defending the guy breaking the law...Interesting approach.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:31:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly

His statement is pretty humorous when you think about it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Source on the property?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Source on the property?

Well,
He was not charged with any form of trespass... so
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:35:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Florence is a ghetto shit hole
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:35:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Me in 2019: The guy was causing a problem, and shouldn’t have been a pain in the cop’s ass.

Me today: CoC
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:37:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Well,
He was not charged with any form of trespass... so
View Quote

I'm still curious about how he was arrested for Breach of Peace, but charged with Third Degree Assault.

Who did he assault? Did he punch the officer in the fist with his face or something?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:38:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

ETA-

ETA2-

Official GIS city map showing the lines and the guy was on public property

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/77939/Otis_Way_JPG-2526261.JPG
View Quote

County ordinances show a right-of-way on either side of the street.
https://library.municode.com/sc/florence_county/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=COOR_CH28.6LADESUOR

easement was the wrong word, but auditor was still within his rights to be there.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:38:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then it's okay?

You implied it by calling the guy a douche bag. If Police are doing the right thing and respecting the constitutional rights of citizens then these encounters would be uneventful. Why are you against the constitution?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#39]
When someone deletes or tries to delete video or audio it pretty much tells you who wants to change what really happened.

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:41:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's okay if cops violate people's rights if you don't like how they are exercising them?   Did I get that right?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So engaging in a constitutionally protected right is “Asking for trouble”?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#42]
It’s like a chicken and the egg.
Which came first, the first amendment auditor or the cop that abused his authority?

Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not arguing - but what's the policy and how do they differentiate between 'auditors' and every other monetized channel? I ask because I've never heard of it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:46:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You really shouldn't record Own a gun either.  Even though the law often says you can.  The law in most places says you can go around calling everyone you meet a cocksucking piece of shit too.  But again, you really shouldn't.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You really shouldn't record Own a gun either.  Even though the law often says you can.  The law in most places says you can go around calling everyone you meet a cocksucking piece of shit too.  But again, you really shouldn't.

See how that ignorant line of thinking works when it’s applied to other constitutional rights? You ok with that too?
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#45]
One bad apple. 5 other bad apples in training, stood around watching.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:53:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:54:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It’s like a chicken and the egg.
Which came first, the first amendment auditor or the cop that abused his authority?

View Quote

If police were consistently passing these audits - which a couple have even chimed into this thread stating how they had done so in a professional manner (thank you for that) then the auditors would get far fewer clicks.  But this one in the OP failed the audit, and now plenty of clicks later, here we are…
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:56:27 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I’ve encountered a couple. One just wanted to take a video of the parking lot and break area. He king of walked around whispering something to himself.

The second guy  came up asking legal questions and my
opinion on the constitution. I suggested he contact an attorney trained to provide legal advice. He got pushy saying he was testing me as a public servant and demanded responses. I politely refused to participate in his test citing my freedom not to take unwanted exams. He got frustrated and went away.
View Quote

Learn how to make auditors go away with this one simple trick! Good to see not everyone takes the bait.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 6:05:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Source on the property?

View Quote

So what difference does it make? The cop belongs in jail, regardless of what kind of property it is.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

See how that ignorant line of thinking works when it’s applied to other constitutional rights? You ok with that too?
View Quote

Okay reductio ad absurdum, how quick are you going to jump up and defend the NAMBLA Drag Story Hour out on the street in front of the elementary school playground?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top