Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 8:52:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a couple hundred spent 200-series fuzes a few years back.

They're useful for stuff like tripwire perimeter alarms, and easy to "rebuild" with 209 primers and cannon fuze for stuff like smoke grenades.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 8:56:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're joking, right?

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/16/2022 9:14:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I bought a couple hundred spent 200-series fuzes a few years back.

They're useful for stuff like tripwire perimeter alarms, and easy to "rebuild" with 209 primers and cannon fuze for stuff like smoke grenades.
View Quote

1) Can I do that without it becoming a DD?

2) if the answer to 1 is yes, are there videos?
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 9:26:12 AM EDT
[#4]
https://www.defense-technology.com/product/m201a1-type-grenade-fuze/

Multi use fuse which could have come from any of several different type of munitions.

I have used hundreds of them and we just throw them in the garbage when used up as they are unregulated.

Do with as you wish OP.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 9:43:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

1) Can I do that without it becoming a DD?

2) if the answer to 1 is yes, are there videos?
View Quote

Yes and yes.

There are a few videos on YT for how it's done.

It's simple.  Punch out spent primer, I like to drill out the whole "delay sleeve" to make it easier to run cannon fuse through.  

The primer cavity fits a 209 shotgun primer (might wanna glue it in) or a primed .25ACP case (fits quite snugly).

Run cannon fuse up through the spent delay sleeve until it nearly touches the primer, glue in place if needed.

Disclaimer:  You can definitely do some illegal shit with these, but the fuzes themselves are legal and relatively harmless.

Other disclaimer:  Using this "re-built" fuze on real explody shit like frag grenades is a horrible, horrible idea... both legally and practically.  You might very well blow up or go to prison.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 10:36:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes and yes.

There are a few videos on YT for how it's done.

It's simple.  Punch out spent primer, I like to drill out the whole "delay sleeve" to make it easier to run cannon fuse through.  

The primer cavity fits a 209 shotgun primer (might wanna glue it in) or a primed .25ACP case (fits quite snugly).

Run cannon fuse up through the spent delay sleeve until it nearly touches the primer, glue in place if needed.

Disclaimer:  You can definitely do some illegal shit with these, but the fuzes themselves are legal and relatively harmless.

Other disclaimer:  Using this "re-built" fuze on real explody shit like frag grenades is a horrible, horrible idea... both legally and practically.  You might very well blow up or go to prison.
View Quote

A man has to know his limits. I do not fuck with explosives or car electrical work.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Pop in a shotgun primer
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:33:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Found this today before mowing the grass. Looks like a 40mm blooper loaded with 38 s&w primed brass.

It’s the tubes that are DD, not the casings correct? Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:50:46 AM EDT
[#9]

40mm ammo is perfectly legal so long as it’s not a HE round that you don’t have paperwork for.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:57:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Found this today before mowing the grass. Looks like a 40mm blooper loaded with 38 s&w primed brass.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
That's exactly what it is.

It's the tubes that are DD, not the casings correct?
Correct.

Quoted:
40mm ammo is perfectly legal so long as it's not a HE round that you don't have paperwork for.
Yeah, and an expended HE case would likewise be fine with no paperwork.

You can keep everything you've found.
They littered your yard.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 10:58:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Correct.

They littered your yard.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the tubes that are DD, not the casings correct?
Correct.

Quoted:
40mm ammo is perfectly legal so long as it's not a HE round that you don't have paperwork for.

They littered your yard.

Clear distinction made. ????
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 11:10:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Correct.

They littered your yard.
View Quote

Pretty sure if it was an expended HE round the target house would no longer be standing

I’ve been meaning to add a DD to my stamp collection, it would round me out for all but MG
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Pretty sure if it was an expended HE round the target house would no longer be standing
View All Quotes
Quoted:
One M433 by itself isn't as badass as most people think. It would not bring down a house.

I've been meaning to add a DD to my stamp collection, it would round me out for all but MG
They're fun. Not as fun without HE but it's cool just to have one.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top