User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 2:56:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Super cool. Didn't know they still did.
View Quote
Yep. It was just the military contract stuff they were forced to quit.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 2:57:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Saw the thread and remembered this story from my way back machine memory. MSM triggered as usual.

Trijicon Jesus Rifles God''s Guns Bible verses.flv
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 3:04:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I love that they do this .
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 3:24:36 AM EDT
[#4]
That is awesome.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 3:25:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Trijicon -  you’ve now got my business and my respect.

I know what I’m shopping for this week :)
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 3:30:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 5:17:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I’m not the slightest bit religious, but I need a Jesus optic.

Do they have Luke 22:36?
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 5:52:09 AM EDT
[#8]
We love our Jesus rifles
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I’m not the slightest bit religious, but I need a Jesus optic.

Do they have Luke 22:36?
View Quote
Smith mentioned all of them either reference light or darkness, so I don't think so.

But you're talking to the guy who just figured this out last night, so what do I know.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Deus Vult.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 9:51:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Mine has suggested lottery numbers.  Shit, do I have a Chinese fake?
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:24:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:26:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I like that they do this.
I LOVE that it pisses people off.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:37:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#15]
My 10 year old TA01NSN has JN8:12 in raised lettering, but kind of discretely along the bottom edge where the mount attaches.

12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

My TA31 RCO M4 had a verse also. That thermal draper's verse is badass.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:45:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I like that they do this.
I LOVE that it pisses people off.
View Quote
Yep.
Quoted:
My 10 year old TA01NSN has JN8:12 in raised lettering, but kind of discretely along the bottom edge where the mount attaches.

12 Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

My TA31 RCO M4 had a verse also. That thermal draper's verse is badass.
View Quote
Yeah the thermal verses about heat are awesome
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same here! It is rare to see this day in age. I love it!!
Wished they'd a kept applying Biblical verses to .mil contract.
Can't upset the atheists in Washington!!
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 10:57:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Love it. If anyone is offended dont buy it.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Checked mine.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:17:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:18:58 AM EDT
[#21]
I'd heard about it, but never knew the details of it.

Isn't that cool? Especially in 2020 when everyone is butthurt about everything. Trijicon gives zero shits.

Now I need a TA33
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:20:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I had no clue either!

I remember hearing about it, but thought they stopped. Furthermore, didn't know where it was.
View Quote
They only stopped doing it on the Military contracts, and they Military issues order for all the maintenance facilities to Dremel them off already delivered scopes

Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:26:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They only stopped doing it on the Military contracts, and they Military issues order for all the maintenance facilities to Dremel them off already delivered scopes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/268039/army1-1250433.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had no clue either!

I remember hearing about it, but thought they stopped. Furthermore, didn't know where it was.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/268039/army1-1250433.jpg
I wonder how many are still in service, unmolested.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:37:59 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I wonder how many are still in service, unmolested.
View Quote
I'm sure quite a few.   The style changed when they had to stop marking the military ones.  The pre-controvery sights have raised letters built into the casting.

The new ones are etched like the pictures most have posted
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 11:46:23 AM EDT
[#25]
The USMC sent out kits for the armors to "deface" or flatten the raised lettering on the optic housing with a hammer and punch and use a black felt pen to cover the now-bare metal.

It was totally worth it; I mean, what would the Muj think of US forces in Iraq if they went into battle with Biblical verses integral to their optics while they tried to kill us?  Thank God common sense prevailed.

It was beyond idiotic, but not surprising since the SJW warriors at HQMC and the Pentagon were shitting their drawers and falling all over themselves to pander to the Godless fucking heathens and Marxists that were just elected to gov't and their radical appointees.  I never heard one Marine-officer or enlisted-that thought that hammering out or otherwise removing the verses on the RCOs was necessary or advisable.  It was a non-issue to everyone except that fucking muslim Obama and his sycophants both in and out of uniform.

Fuck them all. That shit makes me want to punch a fucking liberal in the God damn face.  In fact, if it was up to me, registering as a dimocRat would automatically come with a mandatory vasectomy or some of other form of sterilization like a bullet to the head so these contemptuous sacks of shit couldn't spread their fucking retarded DNA to future generations and fuck up the earth even more than it already is.

Fuckers.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:01:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The USMC sent out kits for the armors to "deface" or flatten the raised lettering on the optic housing with a hammer and punch and use a black felt pen to cover the now-bare metal.

It was totally worth it; I mean, what would the Muj think of US forces in Iraq if they went into battle with Biblical verses integral to their optics while they tried to kill us?  Thank God common sense prevailed.

It was beyond idiotic, but not surprising since the SJW warriors at HQMC and the Pentagon were shitting their drawers and falling all over themselves to pander to the Godless fucking heathens and Marxists that were just elected to gov't and their radical appointees.  I never heard one Marine-officer or enlisted-that thought that hammering out or otherwise removing the verses on the RCOs was necessary or advisable.  It was a non-issue to everyone except that fucking muslim Obama and his sycophants both in and out of uniform.

Fuck them all. That shit makes me want to punch a fucking liberal in the God damn face.  In fact, if it was up to me, registering as a dimocRat would automatically come with a mandatory vasectomy or some of other form of sterilization like a bullet to the head so these contemptuous sacks of shit couldn't spread their fucking retarded DNA to future generations and fuck up the earth even more than it already is.

Fuckers.
View Quote
Eh, in a way they do that to themselves with their abortion agenda.

I was just watching a TV commercial for whatever company has the Captain Obvious guy.

Some girl was on vacation and posting on Instagram and he mentioned she got to go on vacation because of condoms, and of course the mothers raising a family were shown in darkness.

So sex without consequences and vacation > having kids and raising a family. Got it.

Forget the fact everyone on earth has a mother. Forget the fact having a good mom was critical to your upbringing. Forget the fact being a good mom is probably the most amazing aspect of womanhood. Forget the fact that women raising children is what women are absolutely amazing at and put on earth to do.

Nope. Meaningless sex, Instagram and pools. That's more important.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:06:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I like that they do this. I may get an mro instead of an aimpoint now just cause of that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Fuckers.
View Quote
Please. Take a seat and tell us how you really feel...

Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Isn't that cool? Especially in 2020 when everyone is butthurt about everything. Trijicon gives zero shits.

Now I need a TA33
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Now I need a TA33
@WhiskersTheCat

I  was familiar with it back in 2010

The pic that ShooterPatriot posted was were I was initially looking on mine.

Your thread had me look again. Then I was happy to find it.

ETA: mine is just acog4x32
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:28:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Eh, in a way they do that to themselves with their abortion agenda.

I was just watching a TV commercial for whatever company has the Captain Obvious guy.

Some girl was on vacation and posting on Instagram and he mentioned she got to go on vacation because of condoms, and of course the mothers raising a family were shown in darkness.

So sex without consequences and vacation > having kids and raising a family. Got it.

Forget the fact everyone on earth has a mother. Forget the fact having a good mom was critical to your upbringing. Forget the fact being a good mom is probably the most amazing aspect of womanhood. Forget the fact that women raising children is what women are absolutely amazing at and put on earth to do.

Nope. Meaningless sex, Instagram and pools. That's more important.
View Quote
That, and eradicating any and all Biblical references on RCOs with an NSN.

Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:29:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
+1

PSA 18:28 - You, Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.

2PE 1:19 - We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuckers.

I had to edit my rant before posting so as not to seem overly profane.

It is a Sunday, after all.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:30:42 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I remember the controversy, but never knew the exact details. I thought it was the whole verse, printed on the bottom of the mount or something, so it took forever for the military to notice it.

smith28542 informed me they're still on all civilian products. I had no clue.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trijicon_biblical_verses_controversy

2 Peter 1:19

And so we have the prophetic word confirmed, which you do well to heed as a light that shines in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/425212/20200125_191341-2993x3991-1249708.jpg
View Quote
Same verse on my adjustable RM06
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:31:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
@WhiskersTheCat

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now I need a TA33
@WhiskersTheCat

Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
TA31F: JN8:12

"Again Jesus spoke to them, saying "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life."
View Quote
Same here
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 12:38:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Just checked all of mine, sure as shit. 3 RMRs, 2 MROs and 1 TA33 all have bible verses

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 5:23:08 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote
Isn't that cool?

Heard about it before, but never knew the details.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 5:40:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
TA31F: JN8:12

"Again Jesus spoke to them, saying "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life."
View Quote
TA31H: JN8:12
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Just checked my Reflex, COR 4:6

"For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ."
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#41]
OP

Now go eat at In-n-Out burger and count all the different verses you can find.  Hint:  Every wrapper, cup, and container has a different verse.

Of course they don't all have the awesome illumination theme of Trijicon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
OP

Now go eat at In-n-Out burger and count all the different verses you can find.  Hint:  Every wrapper, cup, and container has a different verse.

View Quote
No in-n- out burger in VA.

Besides, like you mentioned, much cooler it's firearms optics.

Everyone knows ChikFilA has beliefs, but they aren't manufacturing freedom tools.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 6:31:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
100%, same.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#44]
Cool. I didn’t know that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 6:37:26 PM EDT
[#45]
WTF???? I never knew this! Now Ive got to go dig mine out of the safe and see whats on it!
Update to follow!
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 6:41:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Everyone knows ChikFilA has beliefs, but they aren't manufacturing freedom tools.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP

Check out your cook-out cup next time you are jonesing for a big double burger with a side of double bacon wraps and a cheerwine. . . .
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 6:43:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Well apparently mine was owned by some Godless heathen before I got it because I can see where it was dremeled off! It was down low next to the base plate. Im curious now what verse it was.
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 6:45:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Cool. I didn’t know that.
View Quote
How did people not know this? It’s a FAQ on their web page.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 6:45:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Well apparently mine was owned by some Godless heathen before I got it because I can see where it was dremeled off! It was down low next to the base plate. Im curious now what verse it was.
View Quote
What was the optic?
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 6:54:14 PM EDT
[#50]
My 1-6X VCOGs both have....

1JN1:6

NIV 1 John 1:6

"If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth."

More context:

Light and Darkness, Sin and Forgiveness

5 This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.
6 If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth.
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all[b] sin.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top