User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 2:43:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@tads.

Go sell your Walmart  garbage  in another  continent.
Oye come mierda , yo no naci aqui.

You soy Naturalisado , "Chief"
View Quote
Felicidades.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 2:45:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Creepy....

Dude, the guy said he wasn’t there for sex tourism and you go off an tell him that he needs to be in Argentina for the best hookers?

Creepy.
View Quote
I hear thats the latest rage. Then, again as a peddler of walmart goods i wouldn't know.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 2:48:24 AM EDT
[#3]
They probably had to nuke it because they got a request from a cop in the UK.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They probably had to nuke it because they got a request from a cop in the UK.
View Quote
I get that reference
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 9:11:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Brothers.

I am the OP of the Medallin  thread.

Lots of  inaccuracies  here.

I will  explain  later.

Please stop with the attacks towards the ARFCOM  Staff.

Yes , the original thread  broke several rules.

More later.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/125818/20200131_230830_jpg-1257972.JPG
View Quote
It was still the best damn thread ever on this site. Thank you again
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I got in on it for a little while. Damn it bud if I wasnt so old and so damn marriedand in love with my wife I would travel the globe with you slaying poon at every port. Take care Good Sir. Keep your powder dry and your sail to your back
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:20:26 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:23:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Guess who locked that one too...
View Quote
Goddamn travesty
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:29:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Someone told Igg to buzz off. Igg said took it personal fast, and said done. DK took it as a lock request. Or maybe there was a lock request.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:31:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Someone told Igg to buzz off. Igg said took it personal fast, and said done. DK took it as a lock request. Or maybe there was a lock request.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Honk honk. Only the traffic numbers will tell.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:35:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lock request by me.

It's over for you guys but the Adventures continue for me .
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Am I in before DK explains to us how the thread was the equivalent of child prostitution?
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:41:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I forgot which country but I remember one having big barrels of coca leaves as you exit the airport. People just grab the leaves by the handful to chew on as a stimulant.
View Quote
Is chewing the leaves illegal here, or is it just the processed extract that is a no-no?
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:43:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Won't work.  Can't work.

And some of you here are so daft...easy Tinder dates for westerners!  Younger women like older guys!  And you thought that would end WELL?  And think it ending in a nuke both is a sign this place is going downhill and our freedoms are at stake?  Seriously, introspect for a minute.  That thing was a creep show from the outset.  I get that GD can be weird...but seriously.  Ugh.
View Quote
Do you think your pee-pee is nasty?

Please answer either yes or no.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:44:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Am I in before DK explains to us how the thread was the equivalent of child prostitution?
View Quote
Already been done, I think.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Damn, sorry I am late to the party.  Honestly the whole thing could have been prevented with a little common sense. Locking a popular thread is inevitably going to lead to more threads asking about it. And DK going in and dropping his child prostitution mind numbing argument and immediately locking the thread only made it worse.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:07:00 PM EDT
[#19]
In or out or whatever the fuck
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Kinda looks like it is saying, “Leave Medellin alone.”
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:13:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

lol

I made no such claim or equivalency.

I simply explained the implications of the logic that people were advocating.  If you want to be able to post about stuff that is legal in a locale where you happen to be posting from (but that is generally illegal in the United States), then where is the line?  The implications of a rule like that opens the door to all kinds of shit that is totally unacceptable, and mods don't have time to deal with every single edgelord that wants to post from the Netherlands about how awesome main lining heroin is, or someone posting from Nigeria about how awesome fucking eleven year olds is, or someone posting from Angola about how awesome fucking goats is.

Nowhere am I saying the thread in question was "equivalent" to child sex. I was explaining how the implication of the LOGIC that would allow such a thread to continue would open the door to all kinds of other bullshit, based on the same "but it's legal where the poster is" rationale.

Once mods "allow" something in a grey area, then we inevitably get someone trying to push the line further, and further ... with the logic of "well, you allowed X, so how is Y different?"  The best example is bikini pictures.  NOBODY on site staff has any problems with bikini pictures of cleavage, but every fucking time we try allowing it in GD, idiots inevitable have to keep pushing the line to the point where we basically have nudity all over GD, and the mods do not have the time and bandwidth to deal with it.  We don't even WANT rules like that, but we end up needing them because SOME people are apparently incapable of acting like responsible adults.  

The thread was problematic because it was advocating prostitution, which is generally illegal in the US.  I merely explained to the people saying that it should be okay "because prostitution is legal in Colombia" what the implications of that logic were.

And no matter how much some of you might have enjoyed a thread about fucking whores in a third world country, ARFCOM is never going to be the place for that kind of stuff.  I am sure those who are upset that it was locked can find such stuff elsewhere on the internet.
View Quote
Did OP participate in prostitution?

Even if someone told OP to get one, so what? Are we no longer allowed to suggest "hookers and blow"? That's been a joke here for years.

I am not entirely dense, I do understand your explanation but a tinder thread that had some prostitutes to a thread about sex with minors is a bit of a stretch IMO.

You came down way harder than you had to in an attempt to make some sort of point it seems.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Does this mean no more “guilty or not” threads?

Thought Police round here.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
lol

I simply explained the implications of the logic that people were advocating.  If you want to be able to post about stuff that is legal in a locale where you happen to be posting from (but that is generally illegal in the United States), then where is the line?  The implications of a rule like that opens the door to all kinds of shit that is totally unacceptable, and mods don’t have time to deal with every single edgelord that wants to post from the Netherlands about how awesome main lining heroin is, or someone posting from Nigeria about how awesome fucking eleven year olds is, or someone posting from Angola about how awesome fucking goats is.

Nowhere am I saying the thread in question was “equivalent” to child sex. I was explaining how the implication of the LOGIC that would allow such a thread to continue would open the door to all kinds of other bullshit, based on the same “but it’s legal where the poster is” rationale.

Once mods “allow” something in a grey area, then we inevitably get someone trying to push the line further, and further ... with the logic of “well, you allowed X, so how is Y different?”  The best example is bikini pictures.  NOBODY on site staff has any problems with bikini pictures of cleavage, but every fucking time we try allowing it in GD, idiots inevitable have to keep pushing the line to the point where we basically have nudity all over GD, and the mods do not have the time and bandwidth to deal with it.  We don’t even WANT rules like that, but we end up needing them because SOME people are apparently incapable of acting like responsible adults.  

The thread was problematic because it was advocating prostitution, which is generally illegal in the US.  I merely explained to the people saying that it should be okay “because prostitution is legal in Colombia” what the implications of that logic were.

And no matter how much some of you might have enjoyed a thread about fucking whores in a third world country, ARFCOM is never going to be the place for that kind of stuff.  I am sure those who are upset that it was locked can find such stuff elsewhere on the internet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
lol

I simply explained the implications of the logic that people were advocating.  If you want to be able to post about stuff that is legal in a locale where you happen to be posting from (but that is generally illegal in the United States), then where is the line?  The implications of a rule like that opens the door to all kinds of shit that is totally unacceptable, and mods don’t have time to deal with every single edgelord that wants to post from the Netherlands about how awesome main lining heroin is, or someone posting from Nigeria about how awesome fucking eleven year olds is, or someone posting from Angola about how awesome fucking goats is.

Nowhere am I saying the thread in question was “equivalent” to child sex. I was explaining how the implication of the LOGIC that would allow such a thread to continue would open the door to all kinds of other bullshit, based on the same “but it’s legal where the poster is” rationale.

Once mods “allow” something in a grey area, then we inevitably get someone trying to push the line further, and further ... with the logic of “well, you allowed X, so how is Y different?”  The best example is bikini pictures.  NOBODY on site staff has any problems with bikini pictures of cleavage, but every fucking time we try allowing it in GD, idiots inevitable have to keep pushing the line to the point where we basically have nudity all over GD, and the mods do not have the time and bandwidth to deal with it.  We don’t even WANT rules like that, but we end up needing them because SOME people are apparently incapable of acting like responsible adults.  

The thread was problematic because it was advocating prostitution, which is generally illegal in the US.  I merely explained to the people saying that it should be okay “because prostitution is legal in Colombia” what the implications of that logic were.

Did it occur to you that I was being ever so slightly facetious?

Also, who was fucking whores in a 3rd world country?  Clearly not the OP of that thread. Maybe, just maybe, people aren’t upset with the lock because they want to see someone “fucking whores in a third world country,” but because of how poorly you handled it over some BOTD violations that you could have simply edited out.

I can obviously see your point that ARFcom doesn’t want to be associated with the morally reprehensible things you listed, and agree they have no place here. But I think your “generally illegal in the United States” is a dangerous precedent to set. What happens if 30 round mags become generally illegal, what if ARs become generally illegal?

Plus, as stated before, OP wasn’t engaging in prostitution. Never had sex with them, so I’m not really sure how that violates any prostitution laws.

But I get it, freedom is scary, so we should ban everything because people might abuse it.

ETA:  none of the other activities you listed are legal anywhere in the US.  Seems like a better policy would be anything that’s legal in the US is fair game for discussion.

I have no issues with wanting to stick to American law, I don’t really care about the legalities in Colombia. But this whole generally illegal thing is BS.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

lol

View Quote
But the disgusting shit show thread about the nanny cam is still going on. WTF MAN! Mods logic is pretty fucked up sometimes. And how about the damn guilty not guilty threads? Thats 90% underage sex.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:31:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Your comment here and the play on the word Puritan in your username are interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Won’t work.  Can’t work.

And some of you here are so daft...easy Tinder dates for westerners!  Younger women like older guys!  And you thought that would end WELL?  And think it ending in a nuke both is a sign this place is going downhill and our freedoms are at stake?  Seriously, introspect for a minute.  That thing was a creep show from the outset.  I get that GD can be weird...but seriously.  Ugh.
Your comment here and the play on the word Puritan in your username are interesting.
Holding hands a sin?
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:33:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
But it’s cool for certain people to flat out say they will enforce unconstitutional laws.

Good stuff.
View Quote
A while ago a bunch of the LEOs used to swear up and down they'd never do such a thing and didn't know a single guy who would.

Now they're all about it. It's the law, fuck off and like it. Go find a can to pick up.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:33:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I was explaining how the implication of the LOGIC that would allow such a thread to continue would open the door to all kinds of other bullshit, based on the same “but it’s legal where the poster is” rationale.
View Quote
[GD]

[/GD]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:36:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
But I get it, freedom is scary, so we should ban everything because people might abuse it.
View Quote
That's how we do it in Connecticut, except we make cops and politicians exempt.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:42:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No  

I've literally had people self-destruct their accounts over this, that's how outraged they are that we cannot have a thread about whores in Colombia.

I'm too forgetful to remember whether or not you are generally a reasonable poster.  Sorry.
View Quote
No I'm pretty sure your reasoning and more importantly how it was handled that made people so upset.

It was a funny thread but somehow whores in Colombia set you off but dogs being skinned alive is just fine...
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:44:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
When the offer us too good to be true, its a scam.

Guy i know went on one of those dates. He got drugged and they actually took him home. The lady and two male friends pretended they were bringing him up to his apartment and having a party to get past the doorman of his building. They ended up emptying his house. Good thing he had both his kidneys when he woke up 48 hours later.

Another guy here got into a professional marriage scam. Aparantly there are these women who get their hooks into people and get men to pony up money for a big fucking wedding. They take control of the cash and then they haul ass. The guy posted pictures and a copy of the bank loan he took out. Did him for $25,000.

A friend of mine met a nice colombian hooker in Lima. Thats Peru. She had a 6 month romance with him and showed up pregnant one day. He ended up paying her a monthly allowance until the dna test showed it was her 28 year old deadbeat boyfriend's kid.

Another friend of mine who runs a successful cafe, hired one of the hot Venezuelan refugee girls. He ended up having an affair with her and she took off with $6000 from the till. No charges were pressed against the venezuelan lady since she threatened to tell his wfe about the affair and send her a video of one of their romps.

My buddy is married to a vicious colombian woman who will have him necktied with her cousins, so he pretended the thing never happened. The Venezuelan girl posted vacation pics of her and yet another deadbeat boyfriend on facebook afterwards as a big fuck you to the dude.

Tinder in South America is a good .way to lose a kidney. It can be very expensive and dangerous.

And if you are in the region, forget tinder. There are fun trustworthy little bars and houses all over the place. The thing is to avoid the evil ones, or you'll end up in a scandal like the idiots from the US Secret Service did during their Colombia tour back in 2012.
View Quote
I think I'll just stay the fuck away and solve all those problems at once.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
No I'm pretty sure your reasoning and more importantly how it was handled that made people so upset.

It was a funny thread but somehow whores in Colombia set you off but dogs being skinned alive is just fine...
View Quote
False equivocation. Members of the site engaged in (almost/danged near) prostitution is not the same as members of the site pointing out complete strangers engaged in dog abuse.

I'm pretty sure that if someone posted 'hey, watch me skin a dog' threads here, their account would be locked, even if the activity was legal in their jurisdiction.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Ok - I will throw a few thoughts out there....

I do not believe that the original OP did anything wrong....

Think that he showed the basement dwellers of Arfcom how to put some game into their life.  His thread beats the ever living shit out of the 5 date thread - that one needs to be nuked from orbit.

So is this place going to turn into youtube when the thought police show up?  When will it be forboten to show how to put together an AR?  When will it be forboten to sell a AR part (you know the day is coming when they want all parts to go thru an FFL).

OP - enjoyed your thread - Please do keeps us posted - the redhead date for tonight looked like a lot of fun!

Red
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:50:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Goddamn travesty
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Goddamn travesty
BAN HIM (Whomever it was )
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

False equivocation. Members of the site engaged in (almost/danged near) prostitution is not the same as members of the site pointing out complete strangers engaged in dog abuse.

I'm pretty sure that if someone posted 'hey, watch me skin a dog' threads here, their account would be locked, even if the activity was legal in their jurisdiction.
View Quote
Maybe. But my point is it's still fucked up.

More fucked up than a sexual exchange between two consenting adults I think.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Lock request by me.

It's over for you guys but the Adventures continue for me .
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:00:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Maybe. But my point is it's still fucked up.

More fucked up than a sexual exchange between two consenting adults I think.
View Quote
I promise you I don't want to pretend to be the conscience of this forum, but while I believe prostitution to be immoral, I don't believe it's significantly different, morally speaking, that any other sex outside of marriage. That's not to say that I blame someone for wanting sex (sex is great!) or even wanting it without strings attached (marriage can be difficult). As a side note: the prostitute in the Op's thread was forced into prostitution in order to try and 'make a good life' for her child which, best we can tell, was the result of sex outside of marriage, which kinda underscores my point that sex without strings is a bad idea. That doesn't change the fact that she was an absolutely stunningly gorgeous woman.

None of that matters. Nobody here cares about my opinions.

What matters is this: This site is highly visible, the thread was controversial, and I daresay that Leonard Brownell wouldn't want it associated with his company.

It's a private site owned by a private company. Nothing herein is a 1A issue. It's simply a matter of a pro-gun site trying to maintain a relatively non-offensive image. I can't blame them for that.

I can, however, find fault with people raging against a mod who has shown his bona fides in regards to the fight for our gun rights. Please try to keep some perspective.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:00:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I get that reference
View Quote
Info?
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 1:24:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

/snip

Also, as I pointed out in several other threads about this - THE THREAD WAS GETTING LOCKED ANYWAY - because it was full of CoC 9 violating pictures.  I could as easily have put down CoC 9 in the lock message as CoC 4.  Both were valid reasons.
View Quote
So delete the pictures and issue warnings to the offending posters. Make a post stating that pictures that are in violation of CoC9 will be deleted and account warnings/locks will happen if it continues.

But no, let's punish the whole class because a couple people fucked up. Don't feel the need to flex your authority over a few BOTD pics, especially when you have other threads in GD with less than savory topics/discussions/etc. Gives the vibe that you're nuking threads because it's easier than deleting a few posts, and that lazy look ain't it chief.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 5:42:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 7:43:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It was still the best damn thread ever on this site. Thank you again
View Quote
Agreed. It was the most entertaining thread to come along in GD in years. Anel rocked that red boogaloo t-shirt.
Link Posted: 2/1/2020 11:10:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Agreed. It was the most entertaining thread to come along in GD in years. Anel rocked that red boogaloo t-shirt.
View Quote
I think I was marrying that girl? I hope little Elejandro is okay....
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:13:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:18:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Sorry ARFCOM,  I am drunk and Anel wants to say hello.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/125818/20200202_001219_jpg-1259458.JPG
View Quote
Dude
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:30:32 AM EDT
[#49]
DO IT MAN!
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 1:31:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Sad
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top