How do we stop the Turks
View Quote

Need more Greek grandmothers…

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 2:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ah, the irony of using His name a curse word. The date system we use is literally based on His appearance on earth. Is there any one else's name we use to curse?
View Quote

Sherman.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Gee, I wonder what or who it was that made the era, common?
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The sun looked crazy for me last evening! Weird cloud cover, turned it into an orange. You could stare right at it!.
https://i.ibb.co/cFT5nb1/20230516-184043.jpg
View Quote

Thats how the sun looked this morning in SD
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tag for later viewing.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:08:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

No it isn't.

13 months of 28 days each, with a "free day" every year and an extra every 4 years would be far more ideal.

Every month would be exactly 4 weeks, and every year things would fall on the same day as the year before.

If you were born on a Tuesday....your birthday is always on a Tuesday.....perfection.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's AD, not that antitheist CE bullshit.

What if you're a Muslim, or Jewish, or one of the tons of other religions that don't use Christ as a date marker?

Use a different calendar. The Gregorian calendar is one of the most elegant calendars ever devised.

No it isn't.

13 months of 28 days each, with a "free day" every year and an extra every 4 years would be far more ideal.

Every month would be exactly 4 weeks, and every year things would fall on the same day as the year before.

If you were born on a Tuesday....your birthday is always on a Tuesday.....perfection.

Those 2 bits in red contradict each other, no?  A year is still roughly 365.25 days, no matter how you slice it.

Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:08:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm old enough t remember when the sun was yellow, not white and the BS "experts" that say it has always been white are full of shit.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:16:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
First off, let me just say f this BCE and CE crap.   That and the $ at the right end of the numbers like some Euro BS.
View Quote

Indeed…AD then nothing!
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:23:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The sun looked crazy for me last evening! Weird cloud cover, turned it into an orange. You could stare right at it!.

Early morning sun July 30, 2021.  Taken from Going to the Sun Road, GNP.  Smoke from the Oregon fires.  Not a very scenic day.  Two days before we had ashfall from those fires early morning in Polson, MT.  It was hazy starting in SD on the way out, Black Hills, over to Yellowstone, up to GNP, back across MT, ND,and finally cleared up in MN.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Eastern MT early morning.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:32:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Dendrochronology is fascinating but most of the universities lock away their data behind major institutional paywalls. You wonder why that is? They are publicly funded so the data should be transparent right? Wrong! The problem is it shows an irrefutable cooling trend over the last 7000 years. That trend has extremes on both ends of the metrics but cooling as a trend does what to the climate? Simply stated it causes there to be less water vapor int he atmosphere and less precipitation as a result.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:38:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
BCE and CE don’t refer to ‘Christ Era’?
View Quote

No. Its a way to use the current western numbering system for nations that dont follow Christianity
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No. Its a way to use the current western numbering system for nations that dont follow Christianity
View Quote

No, it was coined by western scientists and historians to disavow Christianity
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What if you're a Muslim, or Jewish, or one of the tons of other religions that don't use Christ as a date marker?
View Quote
If they are so unhappy with western civilization setting the standard, I guess they should have tried a bit harder at pretty much everything.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:46:25 PM EDT
[#15]
The dinosaurs had a little event too.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Those 2 bits in red contradict each other, no?  A year is still roughly 365.25 days, no matter how you slice it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Use a different calendar. The Gregorian calendar is one of the most elegant calendars ever devised.

No it isn't.

The extra days don't get a day of the week designation. They are called "year day" or something similar.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Another thing to consider is that the 1900s were a weak volcanic period.  What will the 2000s end up bringing forth?
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:09:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote
right on
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:10:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Jesus Fucking Christ

AE, BC, Hi-C

Who the fuck cares? We all knew what OP meant.
View Quote
Some people have the principles to stand up to woke shit, wherever they encounter it.  Others just go along with whatever shit sandwich is on the menu.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:12:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
"C" is for Common, not Christ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BCE and CE don't refer to 'Christ Era'?

On a related note wonder if this event helped fuel the Viking age.   A theory is that there was global cooling that took place that turned the Scandinavian countries colder.  The change in climate made the land unable to support the population so people turned viking in order to survive.
"C" is for Common, not Christ.
Actually, I believe the "C" in the libtards' Politically Correct horseshit is "Current", like Current Era.   Fuck libtards, fuck PC
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:15:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes I grew up on BC/AD

but if they feel a need to change it then "Christ Era" works well

View Quote
I'm quite sure the new PC version of that does NOT have "Christ" in it.   The whole point of the libtards is to reject any reference to Christ
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:21:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'm quite sure the new PC version of that does NOT have "Christ" in it.   The whole point of the libtards is to reject any reference to Christ
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I grew up on BC/AD

but if they feel a need to change it then "Christ Era" works well

Why did Christians feel compelled to change Anno Diocletiani to Anno Domini? Seems like they were being PC because Diocletian was was mean to them 500 years prior.

Sounds like revisionist history to me, something GD abhors.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:27:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Why did Christians feel compelled to change Anno Diocletiani to Anno Domini? Seems like they were being PC because Diocletian was was mean to them 500 years prior.

View Quote

Because they had it wrong before. It's been this way 2000 years. We get it, you're not Christian, that doesn't mean you have to anti-western.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Krakatoa eruption in the 1800s resulted in a year without summer.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Because they had it wrong before. It's been this way 2000 years. We get it, you're not Christian, that doesn't mean you have to anti-western.
View Quote

Nah man, the new hotness among evangelical atheists is to say Christians stole everything from others and made it their own.

All it takes is a google search and a single talking point and you too can rewrite history.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:30:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wasn't wrong, it was traditional. Blocks of time were named after the emperor that ruled when it began.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Nah man, the new hotness among evangelical atheists is to say Christians stole everything from others and made it their own.

All it takes is a google search and a single talking point and you too can rewrite history.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quick, Jesus is back......hide the eggs.

Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:32:10 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It wasn't wrong, it was traditional. Blocks of time were named after the emperor that ruled when it began.
View Quote

Then somebody was born, somebody who trumped all prior Kings, he might be called King of Kings, or Lord or something like that IDK.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:35:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Unbunch your panties you freaks. It was a cut and paste.

CE corrected to AD

Happy?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Then somebody was born, somebody who trumped all prior Kings, he might be called King of Kings, or Lord or something like that IDK.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So why didn't they adopt that system immediately? It took centuries and someone trying to keep the churches from complaining about Easter timing for it to change.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:42:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

You burn in hell and like it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:43:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

So why didn't they adopt that system immediately? It took centuries and someone trying to keep the churches from complaining about Easter timing for it to change.
View Quote

Are you serious?

Christians were prosecuted, sporadically and usually locally, throughout the Roman Empire, beginning in the 1st century AD and ending in the 4th century.

Maybe they were trying to survive or something.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

No it isn't.

View Quote

The current calendar is based on the astrological order of 12.

Out of Pisces, and into Aquarius.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Tagged for later
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:07:04 PM EDT
[#36]

"It's the year 2023, Christianity is irrelevant!"
-"2023 years since what?"
""
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Was that a really old documentary?      I don’t like how they acted like it was a big mystery.  The Fake Mystery-Drama shit is tiresome.
 It’s been common knowledge for as long as I can remember.  Interesting how they tied it in with the rise of the Mongols and Islam and the Anglo-Saxon though.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:24:52 PM EDT
[#39]
That was pretty Fn Metal
and refreshingly lacking in ill traits of current media.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then we give you exactly the same date markers, but changed them slightly so you wouldn't blow yourselves up over it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:06:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
There was a huge kill off of early humans where only one small population was left.
A huge amount of human genetic diversity was lost.
View Quote

@Aimless
I believe I've heard of this, but don't remember what caused it.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

@Aimless
I believe I've heard of this, but don't remember what caused it.
View Quote

The Younger-Dryas event, also known as the great flood.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

BCE=Before Common Era
CE=Common Era

These were used to replace BC/AD, Before Christ and Anno Domini (in the year of the Lord) by antitheists.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
BCE and CE don’t refer to ‘Christ Era’?

On a related note wonder if this event helped fuel the Viking age.   A theory is that there was global cooling that took place that turned the Scandinavian countries colder.  The change in climate made the land unable to support the population so people turned viking in order to survive.

BCE=Before Common Era
CE=Common Era

These were used to replace BC/AD, Before Christ and Anno Domini (in the year of the Lord) by antitheists.

"Oh right, the Common Era. The Era known for being Common. The Era that is Common specifically because of a common historical event. The Common Era. That era?"

New name:
Before Christian era
Christian era
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wildfires
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:18:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

"Oh right, the Common Era. The Era known for being Common. The Era that is Common specifically because of a common historical event. The Common Era. That era?"

New name:
Before Christian era
Christian era
View Quote

@amaixner keep reading. I'm on your team here. That's the technical term though.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:22:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
@amaixner keep reading. I'm on your team here. That's the technical term though.
View Quote

Oh, I understand. It's just always amusing to nullify the newspeak in a sentence or two!
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm an atheist and don't really feel oppressed by BC/AD.

The thin skinned will be the first to go when the next volcano says "Sun lol"

Off to watch the video.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Jesus Fucking Christ

AE, BC, Hi-C

Who the fuck cares? We all knew what OP meant.
View Quote

Uh oh. Is this gonna turn into a BCADBCEWTFBBQ?
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#49]
The Late Antique Little Ice Age, spanning the period from 536 AD to roughly 560 AD watched a documentary on this.
Link Posted: 5/17/2023 6:47:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They liked to kidnap kids and force em into slavery.
View Quote

Not true.  White people invented slavery here in the USA.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top