Page / 2
Posted: 1/25/2023 1:04:08 AM EDT
Calling in a few to cancel.

Fuck them!
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:09:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:13:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Wow. You would think gargling Ukraine balls 24/7 would have gotten them a little leeway.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:15:05 AM EDT
[#3]
It will be interesting if they come to an agreement and put them back on.  You can watch Newsmax for free on their APP.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:27:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

If you'd spent the past twenty years running around Gotham at night, beating the crap out of scum, you'd want a cigarette, too!
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:30:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It will be interesting if they come to an agreement and put them back on.  You can watch Newsmax for free on their APP.
View Quote

Even if they do I am done with them. I have just been looking for an excuse to dump them, and here it is.

First they dumped OAN, and now Newsmax. I don't agree with everything Newsmax does, but at least they are a somewhat conservative voice.

And rumor is they are thinking of dumping Fox News.

All the woke BS they are showing now is horrible. And now even when you pause a show, you have to watch their ads about drag shows and shit.

Like I said....fuck em/ That's $110 a month they will no longer have.

My Tablo now records 90% of what the wife watches for free anyway. That and the 6.95/mo. for Discovery plus keeps her happy.

Some of our Congresscritters are pissed too.

Link
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:38:49 AM EDT
[#6]
I pulled the plug on Direct TV Jan. 6th, 2020 and haven't had TV since.

No Regrats.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:45:55 AM EDT
[#7]
It will be interesting to see how fast Directv bleeds subscribers now that they lost NFL Sunday Ticket.  Add to that people cutting the cord.   I know they Directv stream but that doesn't seem really popular plus it seems priced too high.   I was about ready to cancel Spectrum cable but they gave me a deal when I threatened to.   I save a ton of money having a Tivo the only equipment cost is a $2 cable card each month.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:51:31 AM EDT
[#8]
If it’s not on when I wake up it’s cancelled!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 5:29:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Streamed free on DistroTV:

https://www.distro.tv/live/newsmax-tv/

Link Posted: 1/25/2023 6:11:13 AM EDT
[#10]
What does Dish have?
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 6:19:37 AM EDT
[#11]
You should have called in a few to cancel years ago.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 6:44:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I will be calling them in the morning to tell them i am shutting THEM down. I hope they fucking drown in their wokeness.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 6:53:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Get it on the Firestick no problem.  We cancelled DISH 3 years ago.  Don't need them or Direct.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 7:15:42 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Wow. You would think gargling Ukraine balls 24/7 would have gotten them a little leeway.
View Quote

I get that channel free on my Samsung TV. You are correct. Can't aay I've watched it in almost a year.

I also stream Real America's Voice. That is about all i can stand on political TV.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 7:20:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Get it on the Firestick no problem.  We cancelled DISH 3 years ago.  Don't need them or Direct.
View Quote

Yep, Firestick for OAN One America News
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 7:20:10 AM EDT
[#16]
I cancelled all that overpriced crap ten years ago.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 9:55:20 AM EDT
[#18]
I think I fired DirecTV in 2012 or so.  You pay for all the woke crap to get the 1 or 2 non-woke channels.  Not worth one red cent.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 9:58:40 AM EDT
[#19]
ATT ruined a really good company.  Been going downhill since the day they took over.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 10:02:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Killed DirecTV several years ago.  We now watch various streaming services for maybe 1/3 the price.  

No regerts.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 10:06:27 AM EDT
[#21]

Ditched DirecTV and Dish years ago
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Drop cable and dish. Its 2023 man!
Streaming TV is great.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#23]
I canceled directv after their fraud investigator accused me of lying about someone in their billing department stealing my credit card info. Not "we don't think that happened here," but "I think you're lying to me about the whole thing."

Fuck em.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:35:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Why?

Context would be important before we go crazy here lol. Channels get cut all the time for contractual reasons.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#25]
I stopped watching TV over a year ago.

Embarrassing what I got accomplished with the extra time I made
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:46:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Canceled Dish last year.  Fuck'em.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:49:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I canceled directv after their fraud investigator accused me of lying about someone in their billing department stealing my credit card info. Not "we don't think that happened here," but "I think you're lying to me about the whole thing."

Fuck em.
View Quote
Directv accused me of owing them money from 10 years in the past. I asked them how I could have a past due balance and still have service. I told them I paid it when I restarted my service 10 years ago. They basically called me a liar. I told them to prove I owe the money, they said prove you paid it. I told them I don't keep checks from 10 yeras ago. They wouldn't budge. I told them, "you know what? Fuck it! Cancel it." They are "????!!!" Me, "you heard me, cancel my service immediately" Me:. Them:
That was somewhere around 2007 or 08.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:49:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Why?

Context would be important before we go crazy here lol. Channels get cut all the time for contractual reasons.
View Quote

We know they cancelled OAN because Pelosi claimed they were "spreading disinformation."  We know what that means.

Now Newsmax.  No way.  I just cancelled THEM.  That's $136/mo I'll be saving.  No person that believes in freedom of speech should be subscribing to AT&T / Uverse / Direct TV.  
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 12:53:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:00:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Fired Uverse last year, way overpriced for what I watched. The canceling of OAN was one of the last straws.
I can still watch Newsmax  and Real Americas Voice on my Samsung tv, and OAN on the Roku streaming box in the other room.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:00:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Fuck it. Stream free from app or website.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:02:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yep, Firestick for OAN One America News
View Quote

I greatly prefer the Roku interface vs amazons fire sticks.

Just my opinion for anyone starting out cutting cable
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:03:53 PM EDT
[#33]
They are commies
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#34]
FDTV
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Make sure you mail the dish back to their corporate office in a box that is taped really shitty
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:09:37 PM EDT
[#36]
https://www.thedailybeast.com/directv-officially-dumps-pro-trump-channel-newsmax

Some good information
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:10:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I cancelled all that overpriced crap ten years ago.
View Quote
This. I have a method of getting tv that would make GD REEEE
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:11:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I had DTV with NFL Sunday Ticket. When the NFL cheered on BLM while cities were burning, I cancelled DTV. I told them that the only reason I had their service was for Sunday Ticket, and the NFL is irritating instead of entertaining, so "bye".

I get a call every month with offers and discounts. I don't even answer the call anymore.

Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I greatly prefer the Roku interface vs amazons fire sticks.

Just my opinion for anyone starting out cutting cable
View Quote
Roku is shit. Get something Android based where you are not limited in what you can put on your device. We have Chromecasts in our household and love them.

Fire sticks are OK but full of Amazon's bloatware that can't be removed without jailbreaking...Google still loads up the Chromecast with their shit but you can atleast remove them without jailbreaking.

Link Posted: 1/25/2023 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#40]
I haven't had DirectTV since 2003, but if they get rid of Fox News, they will lose a LOT of subscribers.

You can still get Newsmax and OAN on PlutoTV.

Link Posted: 1/25/2023 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Why?

View Quote

dtv claims newsmax is upping their fee.
newsmax says thats a lie.
whos really knows.  all i know is im pissed now.  I preferred OAN to NM so when DTV cut OAN last year I begrudgingly moved to NM, and now this.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Fuck Directv!!

They lost my business in 2017 when they stopped showing local channels, again, during the playoffs. Claiming contract negotiations. Fuck you! I put up an antenna and told them to eat shit.

I have since pretty much stopped watching most sports but have not missed those cunts at all.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Currently on night shift. When I woke up I found the channel gone from Uverse as well. Gonna cancel this garbage.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 5:59:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Newsmax was demanding more money for the rights to their chann, so  Direct TV was like bye

Free market gonna free market
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 6:13:39 PM EDT
[#45]
We dumped them over a year ago. The bill had climbed to over $200 a month and just wasn't worth it anymore. If they have lost their Sportsball contracts, they are toast.
Another issue was their lack of effort to find a way around a local channel issue. We couldn't get the Dallas news and local channels because of an FCC ruling that the two local Green Acres TV stations must be carried because they served several counties in Oklahoma. Funny, the streaming channels don't seem to have a problem with that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2023 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Newsmax was demanding more money for the rights to their chann, so  Direct TV was like bye

View Quote

newsmax is claiming they werent demanding any more.  i kind of believe them given dtv just upped and canned OAN like they did last year.  if anything, DTV made Newsmax the only non-MSM news source that caters to US audiences.  so from my stance dtv could just up and pay them with all their "savings" from OAN.  that is if they really cared about providing their base any kind of alternative to MSM, obviously of which they dont.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 9:58:55 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

They pay significantly more to the other news channels than what NM was bargaining for.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They pay significantly more to the other news channels than what NM was bargaining for.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The other news channels have sigificantly higher viewership
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Why?

View Quote

With the cash you save you could get a membership?
Because the big satellite companies have no problem paying the liberal networks like Vice, CNN, MSNBC, etc.
Link Posted: 1/26/2023 10:04:07 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Even if they do I am done with them. I have just been looking for an excuse to dump them, and here it is.

First they dumped OAN, and now Newsmax. I don't agree with everything Newsmax does, but at least they are a somewhat conservative voice.

And rumor is they are thinking of dumping Fox News.

All the woke BS they are showing now is horrible. And now even when you pause a show, you have to watch their ads about drag shows and shit.

Like I said....fuck em/ That's $110 a month they will no longer have.

My Tablo now records 90% of what the wife watches for free anyway. That and the 6.95/mo. for Discovery plus keeps her happy.

Some of our Congresscritters are pissed too.

Link
View Quote

If newsmax made money, they wouldn’t get dropped.
Nothing to do with woke, everything to do with money.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top