Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 1/25/2019 7:14:10 AM EDT
Let me preface this by saying I know everyone has a past. That doesn’t bother me. So now the details

At dinner with the gf when a guy walks up and says “hey, how ya been? Haven’t seen you in a while.” She says she been doing good and introduces me.  Do the handshake hey bull shit and he says have a good one and goes sit down at his table. I jokingly ask “who was that, former fuckbuddy?” And laughed. She stutters and says “no just a friend of some mutual friends.” I instantly smell the bull shit but don’t say anything. Just keep eating. She hasn’t taken a bite in over a minute and I say, “something on your mind?” Knowing there is. She finally comes clean and said she lied about how she knows him and that they did hook up a few times the month before I met her. I don’t care that she hooked up with dudes. I was a whore before I met her. But anytime she has asked me anything I have always been honest. Even if she doesn’t want the answer. I am pisssed about the fact she lied to me. I can’t stand it. We get in he car and she starts apologizing and crying for lying etc. I tell her it’s a very stupid thing to lie about. I just stop talking about it because I am irritated she lied to me about something. She cries all  night. I shower and go to bed.

Am I dumb for being pissed she lied to me?

In b4 eject

Update:

We discussed the issue this morning. She once again apologized for lying about it and said she knew it was stupid to lie about. I apologized as well for putting her on the spot and for fishing with the question. We hugged and kissed and are leaving that in the past. All is well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:16:47 AM EDT
[#1]
no ...will lie again , bet she probably texts the guy within the week due to your reaction ....
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:17:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Pics of gf? Need to determine eject strategy.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:18:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:19:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe try not being an ass and putting her on the spot like that
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:19:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Worth being irritated but not flipping the fuck out over or anything. Sleep it off you'll feel better in the morning.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:20:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I was making a joke and had no idea it actually was a fuck buddy. Wasn’t putting anyone on the spot intentionally
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:20:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:20:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
no ...will lie again , bet she probably texts the guy within the week due to your reaction ....
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:20:44 AM EDT
[#9]
That dude came over knowing she was with a guy and he did it to show YOU op.

He let her know what's up and wasn't intimidated by you being there.

Sounds like she got played and dropped, you're the rebound.

Cuck thread
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:21:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Worth being irritated but not flipping the fuck out over or anything. Sleep it off you'll feel better in the morning.
View Quote
I can say I didn’t yell or flip out. Just told her it was stupid to lie. I feel better after a night of sleep. Still a little irritated but not as bad
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:21:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Sounds like she might still be banging him or thinking about it or wants to again. Sorry. Just what I see. No reason on her end to keep crying about it seems strange.

Then again what do I know.  Everyone is different.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:21:16 AM EDT
[#12]
She was probably embarrassed the fuckhead came over to the table like that and just tried to dismiss it as quickly as possible.  You can tell it immediately bothered her that she lied and she came clean... I'd drop it
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:21:22 AM EDT
[#13]
She should eject. Calling her out over something stupid in a public place. If you needed clarification you could have waited until you got home.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:22:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I’d be more annoyed at the guy walking up to the table and pissing on her leg while she’s clearly on a date.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:23:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Quoted:
Pics of gf? Need to determine eject strategy.
View Quote
Quoted:
FPNI, SPNI
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:24:08 AM EDT
[#16]
lol.

That's what gets you riled up?

perspective. you need some.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:25:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Is SIIHPAPP and eject still a thing, or was that just the old ARF?
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:25:35 AM EDT
[#18]
Women are near as proud of their conquests as men are. Most women feel a bit sluttish for hooking up. So their natural reaction is to defend their honor.

I wouldn’t have asked the question like you did and then gotten mad when she knee jerk replied.

She’s obviously sorry.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:26:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
SIIHPAPP is ALWAYS an option and frankly I'm irritated you even suggested it may not be.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:26:27 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
She was probably embarrassed the fuckhead came over to the table like that and just tried to dismiss it as quickly as possible.  You can tell it immediately bothered her that she lied and she came clean... I'd drop it
View Quote
Jfc, this.  She's obviously troubled by it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:27:08 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
The tradition still stands
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:27:09 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
This.

Try an approach other than:  I jokingly ask “who was that, former fuckbuddy?” And laughed.

In my opinion, no, you don't have a right to be pissed.  Let it go.  And be a gentleman.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:28:22 AM EDT
[#23]
those two black and yellow stripped loops are there for a reason
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:28:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Quit playing games and dating chicks who play games, Be an adult.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:28:51 AM EDT
[#25]
OP, you sound young and insecure. No offense. Just get better. Her past sex life is not your business. Your should have just squeezed dude's hand, ate your dinner and gone home and laid down the law. Now you seem beta to her.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:29:32 AM EDT
[#26]
You knew the truth before you said anything.

You found it desperately important to put her on the defensive and ruin the evening, all for something that doesn't matter.

You are not ready for adult relationships.

Fix yourself.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:29:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Let me preface this by saying I know everyone has a past. That doesn’t bother me. So now the details

Am I dumb
View Quote
Yes!  If you break up for something like that.
Women don’t like to talk about the past like men evidently do.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:30:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Are you and the girlfriend 16?
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:30:24 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:30:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Dammit I didn't look to see who started this thread before I replied earlier.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:32:40 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
FPNI, SPNI
View Quote
QFMFT
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:35:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It’s a natural thing to lie about and it sounds like she came clean on her own shortly after. You also phrased the question in a way that doesn’t invite an honest answer. I wouldn’t get too worked up over it.
View Quote
Correct, Let it go, stop being a douche.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:37:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:39:00 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Let me preface this by saying I know everyone has a past. That doesn't bother me.

I jokingly ask "who was that, former fuckbuddy?"
View Quote
Those two sentences are at odds with each other and your question wasn't a joke.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:39:55 AM EDT
[#35]
FPNI
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:40:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:47:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Lol this right here.

She didn't want to say "yeah he used to pound me way better than you do" because she didn't want to ruin the date with you thinking about her having sex with someone else. Instead you kept prying and she told you the truth and the date was ruined anyway.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:48:09 AM EDT
[#38]
I seen my ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend at a hipster hotdog/burger joint.

I was alone and waiting for my food to go, so I said hello and sat down.
They had an appetizer basket of fries on the table and their main course has not come out yet.
My thoughts were it was ok as long as they didn't have their food yet.

As I was talking to them I ate half their fries, grabbed my to go food and left.

It felt good, like pulp fiction.

OP she didn't lie, she didn't tell you everything and was in an awkward moment.
Let it go.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:50:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Here's the thing.  She still didn't tell the truth. That's why she sat there and stewed for a few minutes.  She had to get her shit straight.

The truth is probably that she was doing you both at the same time.  You were Eskimo buddies and that dude had no issues coming over to assert himself to her in front of you.  He knew what you were.  You were the one she settled for after he stopped calling.

She will build a house of lies out of this.  What you saw was a wisp of smoke.  Your good girl is a fire starter.

Eject.  She just poisoned the well.  Shit will never be the same again. You're always going to wonder, she's always going to lie.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:50:17 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
That dude came over knowing she was with a guy and he did it to show YOU op.

He let her know what's up and wasn't intimidated by you being there.

Sounds like she got played and dropped, you're the rebound.

Cuck thread
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:51:23 AM EDT
[#41]
Who picked the restaurant? Was it her? Maybe it was "their place" and she was hoping to see him one last time.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:52:04 AM EDT
[#42]
How old are you?

How old is she?

Ps, you knew something was up, that’s why you sarcastically made a joke. In sarcasm there’s between 1-99% truth. You put her on the spot, now you’re pissed. But she did tell you at the same dinner table conversation so give her some credit.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:53:44 AM EDT
[#43]
18'ers.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:54:21 AM EDT
[#44]
Do her a favor and eject, OP.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:54:59 AM EDT
[#45]
OP, it's time for you to grow-up.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:55:59 AM EDT
[#46]
She came clean inside of a minute and you are bent over what could be semantics? You don’t know what kinds of guys she’s been with either to gauge why she responded that way. You seem tightly wound.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:56:07 AM EDT
[#47]
You weren’t “making a joke.”  You were fishing.  And you don’t like what you caught.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:56:30 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Who picked the restaurant? Was it her? Maybe it was "their place" and she was hoping to see him one last time.
View Quote
If my gf ever picked a restaurant I'd definitely be suspicious.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:57:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, how'd you think it would go calling her a whore?  Because that's what she heard.
Link Posted: 1/25/2019 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I can say I didn’t yell or flip out. Just told her it was stupid to lie. I feel better after a night of sleep. Still a little irritated but not as bad
View Quote
Where did she lie? Seems like she was trying to figure out how to tell you something difficult. Maybe because she actually liked you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top