Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 8:29:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 9:24:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah I know right? I think it’s a relatively recent thing. I started noticing it about a year ago when all of the higher end, hard sided travel bags started advertising for it.

Nah you shouldn’t have any issues.  I carry a drone with me sometimes when I’m visiting a new place so I can get some neat photography. Usually that means 3-4 batteries in my carry on.  So long as I tell the TSA people what it is before it hits the scanner their response is usually “that’s cool” and then that’s the end of it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fwiw, I travel a lot and spend about 50% of my time in airports.

The fancy travel bags are generally less of a hassle to deal with when going through TSA or customs.  I like being able to pop out my electronics quickly, and put them back in protection just as easily.

A lot of the fancier bags come with moveable sub bags or compartments. You can segregate your socks from your shirts and also your toiletries. I usually carry grocery store bags for my dirty clothes and zip locks for items that are prone to leak (shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, shaving cream etc).

I've found that not all fancy bags are created equally. You really have to be picky. Not all match up well for say.. carrying a business suit or other situation specific clothing. Look them through and see what seems to match best.

I'd say that you should keep away from the Lithium Ion powered, Bluetooth on, wireless suitcases if I were you. The TSA and airlines are coming down hard on them due to battery safety issues.

I rock a Tortuga travel backpack, I can store a weeks worth of clothing, a business suit, dress and casual shoes, toiletries, a laptop, travel monitor and associated electronics with room to spare.

Good luck
I didn't know such a product existed.
No issues having a battery power pack, for charging phones/tablets, on my carry on I take it?
Yeah I know right? I think it’s a relatively recent thing. I started noticing it about a year ago when all of the higher end, hard sided travel bags started advertising for it.

Nah you shouldn’t have any issues.  I carry a drone with me sometimes when I’m visiting a new place so I can get some neat photography. Usually that means 3-4 batteries in my carry on.  So long as I tell the TSA people what it is before it hits the scanner their response is usually “that’s cool” and then that’s the end of it.
Like I may have mentioned, I’m a Television Director and travel overseas a lot shooting corporate videos in some seriously remote and exotic places. Today lithium batteries are a huge deal and are not allowed as checked items. Like I said with my crew we travel with 5 or 6 Pelican 1650s but I had to hand carry a smaller Pelican stuffed full of Sony L-Series and NP-Series batteries for cameras and lights etc. The Pelican would fit snuggly in the middle compartment of my Swiss Army backpack. Of all the airports and security checks the only time anyone even remotely had an interest it’s contents was in LAX at about 1am flying in from HK. The guy asked me what was in it, I said batteries, he cracked it open, took a quick coursary look, shut it and welcomed me back. I thought the batteries were going to be a huge pita. BTW, that Swiss Army backpack also serves as my back at home daily carry bag where a Glock 43 lives along with its spare mag. Never had a problem with an explosives wipe down on it yet. All the big Pelican boxes come home with the explosives acceptance stickers on them. I’ll be going back in a month or so. I have my interview for Global Entry in a few weeks, it’s about time I’ve gotten that going.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 9:27:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Less is more when traveling internationally in my opinion. I try to carry as little as possible and as discreetly as possible.
Link Posted: 2/8/2018 9:39:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Look at Osprey. No questions asked life time warranty.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 2:59:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Look at Osprey. No questions asked life time warranty.
View Quote
I'm thinking about picking up an Ozone 35.

They have fantastic reviews, and fly well below the radar.
Link Posted: 2/9/2018 4:10:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been using a Timbuk2 medium messenger bag.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top