Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/24/2019 4:07:55 PM EDT
Got some spare coin. Only got one bullpup, the FN2000. It's a good little gun. The LGS has both an AUG and a Tavor. Which one do I want?
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Both.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
AUG
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd pick an AUG because Christmas will be here before we know it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
I'm not sure what Christmas has to do with it.  I'm my own santa, so Christmas comes whenever I feel like it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Honestly neither, but if you absolutely had to have one:
AUG. get a NATO stock.

It is probably the best and most successful bullpup rifle ever made.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm not sure what Christmas has to do with it.  I'm my own santa, so Christmas comes whenever I feel like it.
View Quote
Die Hard - Office Shootout Scene (1080p)
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:14:23 PM EDT
[#7]
AUG

Although, if I already had the most difficult to acquire and expensive piece of the bullpup trifecta, I would probably get both the AUG and Tavor to complete the set.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:14:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
AUG. get a NATO stock.

View Quote
Could you expound on that a bit? I could get another DSA FAL or a SCAR insrtead.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#9]
I have owned all 3 versions of a Tavor ( SAR X95 IDF)  and a newer 3x scoped AUG

AUG drove tacks , Tavors were all shotguns by comparison

Still prefer the feel and manual of arms of the  Tavor
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#10]
... I've both, if you can only swing one, go with the Aug. No question about it
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:16:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Tavor because I have one
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:16:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
AUG
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
... I've both, if you can only swing one, go with the Aug. No question about it
View Quote
Ditto
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:18:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Scar... or just say fuck it and save the money
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:20:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:21:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:22:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Aug all the way
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#18]
I love my AUG and I really want a Tavor 7. If you can hold out a bit the FDE and OD ones will be out in a few months probably. I don’t think you’re going wrong with either.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:24:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Easy, get the AUG.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:24:23 PM EDT
[#20]
AUG
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:24:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's really sad this went over your head

With that said, get the AUG. Tavors are terrible in the accuracy department and suppress awful too.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:25:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Scar... or just say fuck it and save the money
View Quote
I much prefer my AUG over my SCAR-L/16.  If we are talking SCAR-H, it might be a little different story.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:25:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Welcome to the party pal.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:27:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Could you expound on that a bit? I could get another DSA FAL or a SCAR insrtead.
View Quote
Yes sir, I can.

The problem with bullpups is that it can be a bit sporty to fire ambi. The Nato stock has a little brass deflector. That said if you have gloves, you can fire Euro style AUG not configured for lefty use.

I had an AUG A3 almost 10 years and actively shot it. It is a far more handy and more balanced than a Tavor. The AUG is also easier to maintain and strip with no tools. It runs fairly clean and is super simple at end user level.

If you get an AUG and can get a now banned 9mm kit, jump on it.

The A3 is great for using an ACOG or an EOtech. All weight
is at the butt and is super easy to carry. It also has adverse gas setting.  The Tavor is a bit more oblong.

I’d still own an AUG today if I didn’t have a shorty carbine.

But if you specifically wanted a fun gun, then yes. AUG. Stupidly modular. I liked the 20” barrel but also had a 16”.

Mag swaps take time and practice to master.

But if you want it for a toy then AUG.

Trigger will never be like an AR but more consistent than Tavor.

Hope it helps. I may get another one later, but I’m sorta over bullpups.

Won’t speak to FALs or SCARs as I only have AR10s.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:27:58 PM EDT
[#25]
AUG

I love mine and it’s my go to rifle. Prefer the standard stock with AUG waffle mags.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Price difference??
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:33:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Ho ho ho, I is dumb.

I completely missed that one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Yes sir, I can.

The problem with bullpups is that it can be a bit sporty to fire ambi. The Nato stock has a little brass deflector. That said if you have gloves, you can fire Euro style AUG not configured for lefty use.

I had an AUG A3 almost 10 years and actively shot it. It is a far more handy and more balanced than a Tavor. The AUG is also easier to maintain and strip with no tools. It runs fairly clean and is super simple at end user level.

is at the butt and is super easy to carry. It also has adverse gas setting.  The Tavor is a bit more oblong.

But if you specifically wanted a fun gun, then yes. AUG. Stupidly modular. I liked the 20” barrel but also had a 16”.

View Quote
This thing is entirely ambi and has a nice trigger from the factory. Also suppresses well-
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#29]
You’ll want both eventually anyway, so get whichever you find a deal on for now and pick up the other as you find another deal on it in the future.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#30]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes sir, I can.

This thing is entirely ambi and has a nice trigger from the factory. Also suppresses well-
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/dw/image/v2/BDCK_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-ctd-master-catalog/default/dwe4e379bf/large/29867.jpg?sw=800&sh=800
I really want one of those for some reason.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:34:58 PM EDT
[#31]
AUG
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#32]
5.56 AUG, 7.62 Tavor 7. I love my AUG but it doesn't suppress all that well. The Tavor 7 suppressed much better. There's something special about the old school AUG. But I'm taking my Tavor 7 hunting. Home defense I'll take the AUG though. 5.56 is better for that role. 308 is better for hunting.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I really want one of those for some reason.
View Quote
I'm gonna grab one myself. I have used a couple. Very nice. In no way does is feel or seem cheap.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:35:44 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm gonna go with a different opinion than all the other ones here and say AUG.

They are fun to shoot and tavors feel like junk by comparison.. at least the ones I shot.
Aug every day every day.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:36:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Price difference??
View Quote
I think it was about 500 buck. The Tavor is the 308 and the AUG looks like this one:
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:37:42 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote
Since we've already established in this thread that I'm slow on the uptake today, what, pray tell, is that?
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
AUG. get a NATO stock.

View Quote
The NATO stock doesn't have a bolt-catch release button/lever. And Steyr disconnected it for commercial sales because they want to push the AUG magazine version for some reason. My MSAR STG-556 XM17-E4 has the STANAG magazine well and bolt-catch release button/lever. I wish Steyr would bring theirs back like this but I've spoken to them - not happening. The AUG magazine is great but how many AR/M16 magazines do we all have???
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Since we've already established in this thread that I'm slow on the uptake today, what, pray tell, is that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Kel-Tec RDB

https://www.keltecweapons.com/firearms/rifles/rdb/
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
Don't freak out, but it's a Kel Tec RDB.

Fully ambi 5.56 bullpup, downward ejection like a P90, suppressed extremely well due to the gas block, accurate, nice trigger, lightweight, etc.

I swear if another manufacturer like Ruger for example made this thing 100% identical just about everyone would want one.

The price is right too at $800~
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:43:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Tavor 7 it will be my next purchase
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:44:50 PM EDT
[#41]
I have the STG77 Aug and love it.  I also have a 20, 18, and 16 in barrels
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Don't freak out, but it's a Kel Tec RDB.

Fully ambi 5.56 bullpup, downward ejection like a P90, suppressed extremely well due to the gas block, accurate, nice trigger, lightweight, etc.

I swear if another manufacturer like Ruger for example made this thing 100% identical just about everyone would want one.

The price is right too at $800~
View Quote
Interesting.
How does it shoot?
I'm really wary because all the keltecs I've handled and shot were absolute dogshit.

Eta some interesting looking builds.. also takes ar mags.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Kel Tec RDB.  I’d definitely get an AUG before I got a RDB.  For AUG vs Tavor 7, it’s more complicated.  A big thing is 7.62 vs 5.56, so obviously the Tavor is going to be bigger and heavier.  The Tavor is easier to suppress since it has a suppressed gas setting as it comes, whereas the AUG doesn’t.  Also, if you want to shoot left handed, the AUG requires a different bolt, while the Tavor 7 can easily be swapped as it comes.  Tavor also has a better factory trigger.

FWIW, I have an AUG A3 and Tavor 7 (as well as a RDB), but YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#44]
If you can only get on... AUG
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:49:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Was going through the same issue a few weeks ago.
Bought two suppression’s instead.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Tavor because I have one
View Quote
Tavor.

Because I wish I had one.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:52:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Interesting.
How does it shoot?
I'm really wary because all the keltecs I've handled and shot were absolute dogshit.
View Quote
I have the same experience accept with the RDB. Thing shoots great. The best bullpup I have ever handled.

I have shot them for distance and suppressed all very nice. My buddy has 5k+ rounds through one and there hasn't been any issues. It's easy to take apart to clean and lube, you can tell it's pretty stout. Very lightweight and handles well. There is some aftermarket stuff too. Doesn't seem to care what ammo you feed it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#48]
But which AUG?

I've read reports of the newer USA nitride barrels as being suspect.  The previous FN barrels were hit and miss.   Some prefer the Saber defense.  Others the Vltor receivers.

You SME's need to chime in here.
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Both.  The Aug is awesome, but it is a 5.56 rifle like your FN2000.  The Tavor 7 is a good choice and it is in 7.62 so you up your calibers.  How about get the Tavor first and put the Aug in layaway?
Link Posted: 9/24/2019 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Kel Tec RDB.  I’d definitely get an AUG before I got a RDB.  For AUG vs Tavor 7, it’s more complicated.  A big thing is 7.62 vs 5.56, so obviously the Tavor is going to be bigger and heavier.  The Tavor is easier to suppress since it has a suppressed gas setting as it comes, whereas the AUG doesn’t.  Also, if you want to shoot left handed, the AUG requires a different bolt, while the Tavor 7 can easily be swapped as it comes.  Tavor also has a better factory trigger.

FWIW, I have an AUG A3 and Tavor 7 (as well as a RDB), but YMMV.
View Quote
What about the AUG do you like better than the RDB besides the track record?

I have 2 AUGS and had 3 Tavors in the past. The RDB seems to be leagues ahead, IMO.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top