Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/16/2020 9:09:23 AM EDT
I stumbled on this yesterday. Really simple idea to keep the hose where you want. I like Source, I have their pack and the adapter that let's you fill the bladder without taking it off. I thought this would be useful for $11. Might even be able to get it cheaper elsewhere.

MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:12:36 AM EDT
[#1]
That is a really good idea. I used a zip tie now it’s a potato chip bag clip lol
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:12:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Standard issue on osprey packs.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:13:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm, interesting.  May need to give one a try.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:15:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That is a really good idea. I used a zip tie now it’s a potato chip bag clip lol
View Quote

I thought so too.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Backpacking- yes

On a plate carrier- no
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:28:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Backpacking- yes

On a plate carrier- no
View Quote

Still might be a useful product. The issue is the same, getting the hose to stay where you want
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:41:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, and anyone worth their salt does as well. But more to the point, that looks nifty. I’ve always just looped my tube down around my arm like an infantry cord, and slid the on/off toggle under the little D-clip on the camelbak arm. That way I can slide it up and grab a sip, and when I drop it it falls and catches itself on the D-clip.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:45:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been looking at the qore performance ice plate.  A water bag shaped like an armor plate I can freeze and put in the PC like a poor man's ac.  Worth a look.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 9:47:09 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've been looking at the qore performance ice plate.  A water bag shaped like an armor plate I can freeze and put in the PC like a poor man's ac.  Worth a look.
View Quote

Those look neat. I was looking at trying one out but at least when I looked they didn’t make anything that’d interface well with my tiny ass plate carrier
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 10:09:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Those look neat. I was looking at trying one out but at least when I looked they didn't make anything that'd interface well with my tiny ass plate carrier
View Quote

I hate the heat.  I'm going to buy one just for the ac value alone down here in Alabama.   Fuck its hot!  
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Backpacking- yes

On a plate carrier- no
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/16/2020 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#12]
IMO, the magnet-clip is a great idea, but I’ve found it lacking in any practical application beyond light hiking or walking.

I tried to use it - correctly paired with the Source hydration hose - on a chest rig for a Run n’ Gun and in training for the same, and on a pack for a mountain Elk hunt. The magnet let go frequently, leaving the tube to flail around. Virtually unusable for my scenarios. In each case, I ended up using Velcro wrap or shock cord to rig something up, and left it that way.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#13]
More better, and cheaper.

web dominator

Link Posted: 8/16/2020 11:52:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 11:53:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#16]
I like the idea, but seems like it would come apart easy.

Some sort of a QD that actually locks seems like a good idea.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

dammit
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
IMO, the magnet-clip is a great idea, but I've found it lacking in any practical application beyond light hiking or walking.

I tried to use it - correctly paired with the Source hydration hose - on a chest rig for a Run n' Gun and in training for the same, and on a pack for a mountain Elk hunt. The magnet let go frequently, leaving the tube to flail around. Virtually unusable for my scenarios. In each case, I ended up using Velcro wrap or shock cord to rig something up, and left it that way.

dammit

Right there with you. I also wanted to believe....

The “web dominator” that lorazepam posted is a better solution, IMO.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 12:06:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
IMO, the magnet-clip is a great idea, but I’ve found it lacking in any practical application beyond light hiking or walking.

I tried to use it - correctly paired with the Source hydration hose - on a chest rig for a Run n’ Gun and in training for the same, and on a pack for a mountain Elk hunt. The magnet let go frequently, leaving the tube to flail around. Virtually unusable for my scenarios. In each case, I ended up using Velcro wrap or shock cord to rig something up, and left it that way.
View Quote

Any way to use a stronger magnet?
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 12:24:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's been my experience as well.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 12:26:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I hate the heat.  I'm going to buy one just for the ac value alone down here in Alabama.   Fuck its hot!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those look neat. I was looking at trying one out but at least when I looked they didn't make anything that'd interface well with my tiny ass plate carrier

Same here.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 12:26:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Those look neat. I was looking at trying one out but at least when I looked they didn’t make anything that’d interface well with my tiny ass plate carrier
View Quote

@doty_soty

will this fit?
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 12:26:58 PM EDT
[#22]
My Source carrier has Velcro straps to keep the hose on the shoulder straps
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 12:32:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Interesting, but like said I'd be concerned with the magnetic strength.

Picked up a 4-pack of these (ITW - 4 Pack - BLACK - D-Ring Grimloc Locking for Molle Webbing) -
MissingImage
Failed To Load Product Data

I can hang my hat on it, glasses, gloves, etc..
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
More better, and cheaper.

web dominator

View Quote

I just got a few of those a couple weeks ago and they are superior tier 1 stuffs.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 12:52:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can 100% recommend the iceplate, especially the newer version that looks like a curved plate. I can work out in a 90 deg garage with one. I use a plate-shaped piece of reflectix between the front face of the plate and the PC which extends the ice time out a bit.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

@doty_soty

will this fit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@doty_soty

will this fit?

Hey that actually looks like it might work pretty well, I’ll have to look into it thanks! That looks a lot more elegant than what I’ve been doing, which is just slinging my camelbak on over my PC.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:31:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Thisn slips into your plate pocket with your plate.

Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I can 100% recommend the iceplate, especially the newer version that looks like a curved plate. I can work out in a 90 deg garage with one. I use a plate-shaped piece of reflectix between the front face of the plate and the PC which extends the ice time out a bit.
View Quote

I just got two last week, seem like a solid piece of kit and a great idea.
In actuality though, other than training, I  can’t see me having a frozen one ready to go. I do keep a cooler in the truck, so I can at least have cold water if there is time to fill.
I got one mounted on the inside of back plate, but there is no way I can run both without redoing the whole carrier. It’s a solid idea, I hope it works out.

My everyday carrier has plate pockets so I threw the other one in the truck and maybe I can throw it in there if I get stuck in the suck.

I’m not going to post a pic on my carrier. Last time was a couple pages from the old women telling me my shit is too heavy for me.

Before this, was water bottles in the dump pouch or if I knew I gas going to be stuck for a while, I have a handful of these little ones I just hung off me somewhere with a d ring.

Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:41:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yes, and anyone worth their salt does as well. But more to the point, that looks nifty. I’ve always just looped my tube down around my arm like an infantry cord, and slid the on/off toggle under the little D-clip on the camelbak arm. That way I can slide it up and grab a sip, and when I drop it it falls and catches itself on the D-clip.
View Quote

water bottles are more sanitary, sharable and easier to carry.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Haha.

More evidence GD doesn't leave the basement.

Old product is old.

GD never walks far enough to actually use a hydration bladder.

Every hiking/camping backpack I've bought the passed 10yrs comes with one, or had one thrown in.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 1:53:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

I agree. For the next guy who finds them after I’ve done anything dynamic.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 2:00:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Thanks OP - I like .

I use a clip to hold the tube however this will be better .
Can't believe I haven't seen that from them before ...
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 2:35:52 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep that's what I have in my Esstac hydration carrier. I also got the bite valve and the quick fill thing which is great for 1L/1.5L fills
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 2:36:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Haha.

More evidence GD doesn't leave the basement.

Old product is old.

GD never walks far enough to actually use a hydration bladder.

Every hiking/camping backpack I've bought the passed 10yrs comes with one, or had one thrown in.
View Quote

I just got done doing 6 miles with mine yesterday, that's what made me think about it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 2:38:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I put mine in the freezer after. Nothing can grow if it's below 0.

Plus source has a nice opening if I do need to clean it. Of course always have a spare anyways.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 2:41:07 PM EDT
[#36]
I just use velcro.  

I'd worry that magnets would come apart to easily if tuggd on by brush or whatever.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 4:05:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Yep that's what I have in my Esstac hydration carrier. I also got the bite valve and the quick fill thing which is great for 1L/1.5L fills
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That quick fill adapter is the shit
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Hey, just stick the hose into your shirt-collar.  I stays there when you move around, doesn't get hung up on brush or anything, and if it's leaking.... Well at least you get to wear the otherwise-wasted water!

For those bigger trips (like hiking the Grand Canyon in summer...) I replace my camelback with one of those 5-liter box-wine bags in a light daypack - attached a spare camelback hose and I partially freeze that bag before the hot hump... Wrapped in an extra shirt or big rag and it stays well-chilled in the pack for over 12 hours. A sip of COLD water beats a slug of hot out on the hot trail any day!  And the daypack allows some food and stuff, too.

And yeah, I wear a water pack when out working on the house in the sun, working on the cars, etc.  Why suffer thirst on the job if you don't have to?
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#39]
What Camelback type are you guys using for attaching to a PC? Anything that is not over $100?
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 6:14:58 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What Camelback type are you guys using for attaching to a PC? Anything that is not over $100?
View Quote

Esstac hydration carrier, Source 3L WLP.

Combined was under $100 easy. Maybe $80?
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 6:18:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Magnet doesn't work.

Use a grimloc.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just ordered one of these.

https://www.cdnnsports.com/eagle-ind-recon-hydration-multicam-100-oz-ext-fill.html?___SID=U#.Xzn0p-Rq0lQ
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 11:14:59 PM EDT
[#43]
I have a canteen and a carrier I bought in Peru.

Canteen is something like this:
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#44]
When hiking, backpacking, climbing, mountaineering, I'll just take as many wide mouth nalgenes as I think I'll need. They're easy to refill, easy to pee in if you really need to, easy to clean, easy to monitor your fluid intake, and they don't freeze nearly as readily as a hydration tube can.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 2:32:29 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

It is kool. They should all have a fill from the tube option. Re filling is the hardest part.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 2:35:48 PM EDT
[#46]
Only for hiking and trail running. That device looks cool.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I love it.

I got my magnet thing in the mail today. I'll try it next time I go out hiking and report back.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#48]
I use the GORUCK one myself.

https://www.goruck.com/molle-bladder-hose-retainer/

Works great for events. Would be fine for any backpack strap with MOLLE/similar webbing, or a vest if you run your hydration carrier on there (I don't).
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

I attached a surplus GI 1-liter canteen to the front (gasp) of my plate carrier.  Easy to get to, easy to refill, doesn't interfere with me sitting in my car and driving.  I think the canteen and pouch were $7 at the gun show.
Link Posted: 8/17/2020 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#50]
I went back to using canteens. The water bladders were nice, but a pain to keep clean.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top