View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nah, that's tarded.

The moon is either the result of something big hitting Earth or it was floating through the solar system and was captured by Earth's gravity.

How is it that rocks on the moon are billions of years older than the earth?  Earth's gravity is not nearly enough to capture a nearby object.  The two bodies actually rotate in tandem, with the gravitational center between the two located within the earth.   How is it that the moon 'accidentally' landed in a circular orbit and how did it get 'accidentally' aligned in position and size to perfectly cover the sun?

Why would aliens with the technology to place moons wherever they want waste time and energy on Earth?

Earth was a rest area for them on their journey through the cosmos and It's a safe place from which they can study us in order to know how to properly mix the two species' dna.

Are they working with the Nazis?

Great question.  You would have to ask their leaders why they prefer Nazis and the biden  over conservatives.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm just hoping it's a death star hidden inside and when the aliens show up next moth they fire that mother up.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:21:16 PM EDT
[#3]

I know I would. Heck! I'd have seconds and then polish it off with a tall cool Budweiser.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:21:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

they are mainly thought to be different ages as the earth experience plate techtonic shifts and there is very little of our original crust still on the crust.

also objects from the creation of our solar system continue to collide with the moon so you find those there too.

I do actually think the moon was "placed there" in a way. It's hard to look at all of the science of what allows us to exist here and have this conversation and think that it all happened by chance. That doesn't mean we ignore what we have learned but maybe accept that it's all part of a plan.

If life did start in a mud puddle getting struck by lightning whose to say some intelligent creator didn't make a supernova explode in just the right way to get a planet at the right distance with a moon to stabilize it and place the right compounds in the right pool of water at the right time for static electricty to build up between water vapor and the earths surface and then undergo the right environmental stressors to bring us to the human form. Like deific dominoes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Using a technique called carbon dating, moonrocks were compared to the oldest earth rocks and determined to be much older. ,  Also it was found the chemical makeup of moonrocks is different than earthrocks.   It helps if you Trust the Science please.

they are mainly thought to be different ages as the earth experience plate techtonic shifts and there is very little of our original crust still on the crust.

also objects from the creation of our solar system continue to collide with the moon so you find those there too.

I do actually think the moon was "placed there" in a way. It's hard to look at all of the science of what allows us to exist here and have this conversation and think that it all happened by chance. That doesn't mean we ignore what we have learned but maybe accept that it's all part of a plan.

If life did start in a mud puddle getting struck by lightning whose to say some intelligent creator didn't make a supernova explode in just the right way to get a planet at the right distance with a moon to stabilize it and place the right compounds in the right pool of water at the right time for static electricty to build up between water vapor and the earths surface and then undergo the right environmental stressors to bring us to the human form. Like deific dominoes.

Word.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:23:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:24:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

There is currently no limit.   Thanks for using the question format
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Interestingly enough I just watched recently a 'documentary' titled 'Alien Moon', where the premise is that the moon is not a natural satellite and is in fact hollow.   I am told it is in a perfectly circular orbit, not typical, and when moves over the sun in the perfect size and distance to create a total eclipse.  The earth facing side is smooth and glassy, distinguishing it's character from the back side,  for the most part, indicating this was the front, leading edge as it travelled from its distant origin into earth orbit.    Also the moon's appearance coincided biblically with Noah's flood, prior to which the earth had never experienced rain.  This latter part I confirmed with a biblical scholar.  (Prior to that the earth was shrouded in a cloak of water vapor).  Moonquakes - Finally it has been reported numerous times, including by those astronauts who've been there, while they've been there that the moon vibrates for a time after a seismic event and once was reported to 'ring like a bell'.  The aftershocks of a quake far exceed, in duration, what would be normal for a solid sphere.  Did it originate as a part of the earth?  Moonrocks have been found that are much older than the oldest found on Earth, and older than the moondust upon which they are found, so not possible according to that,.

Could this explain the origin of all the so-called UFO's?   Do they originate from the moon's interior?   Let me know if you have questions.
Is there a limit on the number of them that I am allowed to ask?

lol, I like this guy.

What are your feelings on the moon= cheese theory? If it was swiss cheese the holes could provide paths for the UFOs.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#8]
And people complain about my posts............
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The rotation is 24 hours because of the moon.  

Did you also drop out of high school like I did
View Quote
The Earth's rotation is not "because" of the moon.  It is a left over and was created from the momentum of the cloud of dust and rocks that formed our solar system.

The moon impacts the Earth's rotation in the form of stabilization, but the rotation is not "because" of the moon, the moon did not create it.  The Earth would and did spin just fine without it.

24 hours is not "perfect", I mean it happens to be for our world because it's what we know, but it's just the number that happens to be the closest to an even split, for a thing called an hour, which we just made up.

No, I did not drop out of high school.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:25:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Maybe it was no inconvenience for them, maybe even a hobby?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would aliens with the technology to place moons wherever they want waste time and energy on Earth?

Maybe it was no inconvenience for them, maybe even a hobby?

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:26:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Yes. By God's own hand. It's too perfect to be an accident.  There's a strong argument that life would not exist if not for the perfect placement of the moon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seems like the odds of it are extremely low.  Either we exist in a simulation or it was placed there by some unknown entity or entities.

Yes. By God's own hand. It's too perfect to be an accident.  There's a strong argument that life would not exist if not for the perfect placement of the moon.
Ehh. All that means is that if it wasn't placed so perfectly no one would be around to argue how perfectly it is placed
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:27:21 PM EDT
[#12]
God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also. God placed them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, and to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:16-18
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:27:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:27:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I believe in isotope ratios.
Lunar materials show the same ratios as Earth materials.
Something big smacked the Earth long ago, and most of the crap converged in to a moon. Lucky us.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:28:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You understand that we have 24 hours in a day, because that's how long a rotation of the earth happens to take....right?  We didn't create a committee and decide this. We just decided to split it up into 24 equal...things of time.

This thread....ima just go now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A moon that is precisely the right size, at the right distance to provide a 24 hour rotation to the host planet?
You understand that we have 24 hours in a day, because that's how long a rotation of the earth happens to take....right?  We didn't create a committee and decide this. We just decided to split it up into 24 equal...things of time.

This thread....ima just go now.

A Jovian day is 10 hours... I guess someone really fucked there.

Time is a wholly human construct. I really don't know where you are going with your theories OP. You do realize that there is a mind boggling number of solar systems in galaxies in the universe. Not to mention we know that there are other planets in the Goldilocks zone. Put that in your pipe.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What the fuck is going on in GD with these dumb ass questions?

Finally people are taking all the suggestions for hookers and blow seriously.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:29:31 PM EDT
[#17]
ACME moon?  So who ordered it?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#18]

You can't fight this kind of intellectual degegenercy. You just have to watch or play along.  

Have an emotional support missile.

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I am religious, and I believe in the theory of Intelligent Design, and that my God is a God or science and order. There’s no law that you can’t believe in God and not question the universe around you.  I don’t buy into random theories; life and space are far too complex to be happenstance.  If there was as big bang, it was part of the design.  The moon has a role on the gravitational pull of the planet and helps with the rotational balance of earth, causes tides, and creates a rhythm for humans.  Other planets have moons that likely provide similar affects for the planets they orbit.  

Was the moon put in place where it is?  Was Earth placed in the third spot from the sun? Was our solar system placed here? I believe in science, but I also believe in Intelligent Design.  While I can’t explain everything, I believe there is an answer that involves physics and science as we know it…I don’t believe God appreciates the “Rainbows and Ponies” hand-wave of how things came into being from religious leaders.  I actually think God respects those who question and seek answers to the world around them and beyond…

ROCK6
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:30:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

You cooked that up in the ~23 minutes after OP's original post?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:32:22 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
ITT we see how many sheeple actually believe in the Moon.
View Quote
Please sleep next to a low tide mark, using a heavy weighted wool blanket, and take some pills to make you sleep a loooooong time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:33:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
God made the two great lights, the greater light to govern the day, and the lesser light to govern the night; He made the stars also. God placed them in the expanse of the heavens to give light on the earth, and to govern the day and the night, and to separate the light from the darkness; and God saw that it was good.
View Quote

Didn't I read on the first page that a Biblical Scholar determined there was no moon before Noah?  Or was it there the whole time but just not visible because of all the water vapor?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:34:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm not sure I understand the question/comment.  

The only answer I can give you is yes, in a way, it was "put" there.  It was put there by God in an overall design using his awesome science called physics.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Using a technique called carbon dating, moonrocks were compared to the oldest earth rocks and determined to be much older. ,  Also it was found the chemical makeup of moonrocks is different than earthrocks.   It helps if you Trust the Science please.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nah, that's tarded.

The moon is either the result of something big hitting Earth or it was floating through the solar system and was captured by Earth's gravity.

How is it that rocks on the moon are billions of years older than the earth?  Earth's gravity is not nearly enough to capture a nearby object.  The two bodies actually rotate in tandem, with the gravitational center between the two located within the earth.   How is it that the moon 'accidentally' landed in a circular orbit and how did it get 'accidentally' aligned in position and size to perfectly cover the sun?

Explain how you know the Moon’s rocks are billions of years older than the Earth.

NASA.,

I ordered you to provide an explanation. Please provide an explanation, not a reference to an outside authority.

Not carbon dating, but the same idea, radiometric age dating gives ages for moon rocks that range from about 3.16 billion years old for the basaltic samples derived from the lunar maria, up to about 4.44 billion years old for rocks derived from the highlands.

In 1999, the oldest known rock on Earth was dated to 4.031 ±0.003 billion years, and is part of the Acasta Gneiss of the Slave craton in northwestern Canada.

Earth’s oldest zircons – aged about 4.4 billion years found in the Jack Hills in Western Australia – they predate the first recorded rocks on Earth, estimated to be 3.9 billion years old.

So 4.4 billion year old zircon crystals likely originated in the event that formed the moon. Because of plate tectonics the earth's crust is constantly being recycled so the majority of what you can put your hands on is much much newer.

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Interestingly enough I just watched recently a 'documentary' titled 'Alien Moon', where the premise is that the moon is not a natural satellite and is in fact hollow.   I am told it is in a perfectly circular orbit, not typical, and when moves over the sun in the perfect size and distance to create a total eclipse.  The earth facing side is smooth and glassy, distinguishing it's character from the back side,  for the most part, indicating this was the front, leading edge as it travelled from its distant origin into earth orbit.    Also the moon's appearance coincided biblically with Noah's flood, prior to which the earth had never experienced rain.  This latter part I confirmed with a biblical scholar.  (Prior to that the earth was shrouded in a cloak of water vapor).  Moonquakes - Finally it has been reported numerous times, including by those astronauts who've been there, while they've been there that the moon vibrates for a time after a seismic event and once was reported to 'ring like a bell'.  The aftershocks of a quake far exceed, in duration, what would be normal for a solid sphere.  Did it originate as a part of the earth?  Moonrocks have been found that are much older than the oldest found on Earth, and older than the moondust upon which they are found, so not possible according to that,.

Could this explain the origin of all the so-called UFO's?   Do they originate from the moon's interior?   Let me know if you have questions.
View Quote
Are you and OP getting high together or separately?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:35:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

lol, I like this guy.

What are your feelings on the moon= cheese theory? If it was swiss cheese the holes could provide paths for the UFOs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, I like this guy.

Excellent.  We are all taught this from childhood, but if you follow the science you will find that traces of various kinds have been detected at different times,  Camembert, Asagio. muenster, the occasional parmesin and french goat, etc. and so on.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:35:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A moon that is precisely the right size, at the right distance to provide a 24 hour rotation to the host planet?
View Quote
Lucky coinkydink for us. Millennia ago, the Moon appeared larger than the Sun. Right now it's "perfect". In several more millennia the Moon will appear smaller than the Sun, and there will never be another "total eclipse of the Sun".
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are billions upon billions of planets out there. The odds of it happening to at least one don't seem that low.

Wait, hang on- this a joke right?

Fuck the world is so insane right now I can't even spot sarcasm like half the time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#30]
I love this place!
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:39:10 PM EDT
[#31]
What the hell is wrong with you people?

The moon is made of cheese, everyone knows this.

Damn!
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:39:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Excellent.  We are all taught this from childhood, but if you follow the science you will find that traces of various kinds have been detected at different times,  Camembert, Asagio. muenster, the occasional parmesin and french goat, etc. and so on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, I like this guy.

I love science. Do you also love science? I also love sharp cheddar, do you think there are traces of a nice aged sharp cheddar on the moon?
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
ACME moon?  So who ordered it?
View Quote

The Grebulons.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Man what the fuck
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I just found it.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:40:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The butt on Mercury!
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Whoever wrote that was a dumbass The sun is a star and the moon doesn't emit any of its own light.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Is this another God thread? I can't tell
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:42:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Whoever wrote that was a dumbass The sun is a star and the moon doesn't emit any of its own light.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you've done it
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Now you've done it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you've done it

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:44:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Were all moons that orbit around all planets in the universe, also placed there by an unknown entity or just ours?

There are an estimated 700 quintillion planets in the observable universe. Many planets have more than 1 moon.  Seems like....kind of a common thing.
View Quote

You gotta admit, the whole cyclic system of our planet (oceans, seasons, agriculture, eco system, etc....) is all moon dependant. Keeps everything extremly stable and predictable.

Also the moon is at a perfect distance and size to give perfect eclipses. Many astrological discoveries wern't possible without it.

Many other benefits to our planet. Lots of coinky dinks.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I love science. Do you also love science? I also love sharp cheddar, do you think there are traces of a nice aged sharp cheddar on the moon?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, I like this guy.

The lunar module was designed and tested using worst case scenario - Neufchatel or Roquefort  -  in the event a soft cheese covered the surface,   Look closely at photos you will see a long feeler protruding from the bottom of each lander pad to guide the target home and manage any sinkage.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Yes.

6,026 years ago.

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:46:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oof size = disturbingly large
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:47:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I just found it.
View Quote

Looks more like coordinated trolling.   So long as it's funny AF, I don't mind.  (Not that anyone does care or should care what I think.)  
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:47:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I....um..

I don't have any more questions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Earth's gravity is not nearly enough to capture a nearby object.  
I....um..

I don't have any more questions.

Well it's there and the gravity isn't holding it there so what's your hypothesis Einstein???

Mine is that that's no moon... it's a space station!

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#47]
It was Gru.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:48:59 PM EDT
[#48]
There are tribes in Africa with cave paintings and stories passed down generations that spoke of a time before we had a moon.

The timeline of the moon appearing relates to the Biblical Flood.

Interestingly Fascinating.  

Also, its been proving that given its orbit, mass, and location in relation to the earth.  The moon is hallow.  

Finally, all celestial objects, moons, planets, rotate except for our moon.  We have also found other "moons" in our solar system that do not rotate but are in a satellite orbit similar to our moon.

Hidden in plan sight.  

Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

The lunar module was designed and tested using worst case scenario - Neufchatel or Roquefort  -  in the event a soft cheese covered the surface,   Look closely at photos you will see a long feeler protruding from the bottom of each lander pad to guide the target home and manage any sinkage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol, I like this guy.

Did you take some classes on Lunar Casein Coagulation Sciences in college?

ETA- rephrased so as to be in the form of a question
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Were all moons that orbit around all planets in the universe, also placed there by an unknown entity or just ours?

There are an estimated 700 quintillion planets in the observable universe. Many planets have more than 1 moon.  Seems like....kind of a common thing.
View Quote

It seems a hell of a lot more likely that it's naturally occurring than either of the OP's  two options, LOL!
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top