Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:38:02 AM EDT
[#1]
If I discovered a bar of Nazi gold I'd leave it right where I found it and walk away.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:39:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got a bunch of stuff my uncle brought back after the war including an Air Force ceremonial dagger. No guns.  A cigarette book on the Nazi party.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:40:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:49:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

let me IM you my cell # just in case. I've got no issues with picking that up.
View Quote
I promise I'll post GPS coordinates . . .
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#5]
My dad has a Nazi plate but he really hates it when I take it out of the cabinet.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:00:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Not sure if this qualifies...

When I lived in Berlin, I bought two Olympic books.
One from the 1932 Los Angeles Olympics, the other from the
1936 Berlin Olympics. The latter was the "Nazi Olympics" at which
Jesse Owens kicked butt. The book prominately features a Nazi
motif.
What's interesting is that all the photos were from packs of cigarettes.
The book's owner had to buy many packs to complete the books.
I'm guessing they might have some collectors value.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:06:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Not a chance in hell.
If I had to use such a marked weapon with my last name, it would be a slam dunk conviction for a "Neo-Nazi kills aspiring rapper".
Wouldn't matter that my family were regarded as 'mischling' by the original real deal Nazi.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:24:23 AM EDT
[#8]
nothing other than the epithets that are being hurled daily
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:51:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If I discovered a bar of Nazi gold I'd leave it right where I found it and walk away.
View Quote
Boy, I sure wouldn't.   Always amazes me the level of knee-jerk hate for the Gnatzies.  Like the Confederate soldiers, 87% of them were just fighting for their country; very few had the actual hated ideology.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#10]
My dad has a Luftschutz helmet like this, he uses it as a change bowl

Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:55:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I work with a very nice German girl, she ties her shoes in little nazi's
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#12]
my great uncle used to have uniforms, flags, some handguns and other assorted medals he collected from Europe............don't know what happened to them after he passed
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:08:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Boy, I sure wouldn't.   Always amazes me the level of knee-jerk hate for the Gnatzies.  Like the Confederate soldiers, 87% of them were just fighting for their country; very few had the actual hated ideology.
View Quote
That's OK. You can have it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:08:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm white, own guns, voted for Trump so by default everything I own is Nazi stuff.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:10:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a Luger and most of a 98k
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:15:55 AM EDT
[#16]
I have a p38, arm band, photos taken from a German soldier, lots of money and a funeral banner.

The gun is with all of my guns.  The rest is put away.  No way to display it in a way I would consider tasteful.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:21:55 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a complete SS-Unterscharfuhrer uniform, 1938-manufacture K98, mismatched Walther P38, some WWII-manufacture 7.92x57mm ammo, and a few medals.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:25:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#19]
I've got a mauser war trophy with nazi stamps on it...came directly from a Nazis cold dead hands
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:33:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#21]
While technically not "Nazi", I've owned one piece of German WWII equipment. It was an immaculate condition Single decal (Heer) M42 helmet in Normandy camo. I bought it at a yard sale in 1989 for $15.00. I sold it in 1990 it to buy my first AR15.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:35:54 AM EDT
[#22]

Attachment Attached File

I'm equal opportunity though.

Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Used to be somewhat common up to I guess the 80s. Mostly older guys back then would collect uniforms, and, I don't know "Nazi Knick Knacks" ribbons, odd stuff like pottery, plus knives, web gear (or whatever it was called back then) canteens etc. Older guys used to sometimes set up displays of Nazi stuff at gun shows. I don't know anyone (other than apparently people on arfcom who post about it) who do that anymore. I don't know any gun guys my age and younger who care about that stuff (other than firearms). I do remember a guy in college showing me a Nazi dagger that he was proud of.

I wish I could remember who it was, but I think it was some lefty dot com guy in California (that really narrows it down) who got arrested for DV or something and the cops made sure the newspaper found out he had some Nazi stuff, I think the guy was Jewish.
View Quote
  Cost has a great deal to do with that. A plain Wehrmacht tunic,of which millions were produced, is now $1000+. To collect a complete,100% original uniform and equipment is not an inexpensive proposition. The only affordable stuff is mostly bric-a-brac now and that really doesn't appeal to most. If you for some reason wanted to put together a complete SS panzer uniform just the tunic and trousers are $50,000.

Real collectors don't go to gun shows or buy fakes online.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#24]
I have the Heydrich death mask stamp... and a Garand built in 1941 that I'd like to think reached out and touched some Nazis at some point...
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:49:29 AM EDT
[#25]
sure, I have a Panzerkampfwagen VIII Maus as my lawn ornament. 
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 9:58:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No but I wouldnt mind having a few of the Nazi stamped cartridges for my ammo collection.
View Quote
I have two full boxes of SS stamped 8mm on stripper clips.
Also have all but a couple of examples of Nazi era currency, coins and banknotes. I have a silver Gestappo flip badge/ watch or key fob thing, and an SS parade dagger with the hanger chain.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:10:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yup, I reenact WW2 German so a I have a handful of weapons, uniforms and gear.  Weapons are original as well as some of the field equipment otherwise everything is reproduction.  
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Me and my assistant gunner at a highschool demo earlier this year.  
My 42 is a "gas gun" built from a 1944 Gustlov manufactured piece.  
... oh. There's an all matching, non import marked 640b in my holster that came home in a duffle bag at the end of the war.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#28]
I used to, but there are so many fakes that I gave up.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:42:15 AM EDT
[#29]
All I have is an excellent condition P-38.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:48:49 AM EDT
[#30]
I have a modest collection of WW-2 things both US and German.  It started from my moms uncle showing us the things he brought back from the war.   When he passed I didn't get any of that stuff so I started buying it when I could.   The German stuff is fancier than the US, but it is all cool.  I don't have a way to post pics though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:49:01 AM EDT
[#31]
bacon eating commie ha8n climate denier
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 10:55:13 AM EDT
[#32]
I started collecting Third Reich memorabilia in college.  I started off with buying a Panzer Assault badge on a whim I found in a gun shop.  I gathered a few pieces over the years but I stopped once I educated myself on how to spot fakes.  

In the mid 90's when I started collecting the German stuff it wasn't that expensive and you could trust many dealers not to peddle many fakes.  Then with all the WW2 films like Saving Private Ryan which reignited interest in WW2, the prices went through the roof and people started seeing dollar signs attached to Grandpas "old WW2 stuff" and seeing things passed off as original from companiesI knew that made items for reeanactors, I decided to stop collecting the German stuff.  I knew it was bad when a collector friend of mine said he was moving on to World War One items because the fakes in the WW2 market was getting so prevalent.   I moved over to collecting US Vietnam gear, Soviet post WW2 and Post WW2 British stuff because that stuff is far easier to authenticate and not as pricey.

However I have the following German items,

M-42 Stahlhelm

Luftwaffe belt and buckle with ammo pouches canteen and bread bag.  Supposedly from a Fallschirmjager, as related from the seller to my sister who bought it as a gift to me.  Who knows it could have been from a flak crewman for all I know.

Iron Cross First Class

Panzer Assault Badge

Army belt buckle with remnants of OD green paint on it.  Supposedly brought home from the Tunisian campaign.  

Cigarette case with a miniature Wound Badge in Gold affixed to it.  There are still loose tobacco leaves in the bottom and a blood stain in the engraving still present.  The case was purchased at an estate sale of a WW2 vet and taken off a wounded German POW at Normandy.

Field Flashlight, the type with the coloured filters you could slide over the light.  I found that in a market in Kyrgyzstan.  The old lady I bought it from said her Dad traded it from a German POW who was building the opera house in Bishkek.

Infantry Assault badge

Deutsche Wehrmacht service armband stamped by Wehrmacht command area of Bavaria.  

Thats all that comes to mind.  Overall collecting German items became quite expensive in a short time as have other parts I've collected in.  All told the stuff I have collected since I was six years old has pretty much taken over one half of a spare bedroom in the house.  It's amazing how this piles up when you only grab a few items a year.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 11:06:41 AM EDT
[#33]
@mjm1- I'm in Ct too. I got my dad a group of patches and made a framed display for him for his birthday. Nazi State police, youth, labor and athletic arm patches.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 1:14:38 PM EDT
[#35]
There are a lot of different levels within the people that collect Nazi stuff.

Some will collect regular military stuff, but nothing more.
Some will also be willing to add SA.
Some will also be willing to add SS.

Some will also be willing to add Death camp stuff.

The regular military, SA and SS collectors don't bother me but the death camp collectors are too freaky.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 1:25:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Dad knew an old guy who collected Nazi knives and daggers. He had over 100 and knew everything there was to know about them.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 1:43:59 PM EDT
[#37]
I have some Nazi stuff, but my pockets aren't deep enough to actively collect Nazi stuff. I have a K98, bayonet, paper and coin money, uncirculated stamps, Wehrmacht scrip note, and 2 letters from a panzergrenadier soldier both dated 1940 (I can't even begin to decipher his handwriting). All I know about him is that he ended up in a POW camp in France at the end of the war. I'm not one who would shy away from anything associated with the likes of the SS/SA/death camps. It all has its place in collections, and they're extremely important to preserving the history and keeping as reminders of what evil has and can do.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 4:37:13 PM EDT
[#38]
No but, my great uncle did.
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 5:42:48 PM EDT
[#39]
I have bringback stuff from my grandpa (flag, pins etc...)

and I got to fingerbang Herman Gorring's gold nazi shotgun.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:06:57 PM EDT
[#40]
My mother was from England and had a civilian job working with the British Army in WW II. After the war ended she lived in Germany, and went on to work for the United Nations, where she met my father. I was born in Germany and lived in England when I was a small boy, before emigrating to the US.

Always displayed on a bookshelf in our home was a crystal goblet, that I really never took notice of until my early teens, when I asked my mother it's origin. She told me it came from Berchtesgaden, and was given to her. She also told me that at one time there was a set of four goblets, each a different color, but that the others were broken during the voyage from England to America.

I have no way to verify it's authenticity but have no reason to doubt what my mother told me. She lived a pretty interesting life immediately after the war, even being present at The Nuremberg Trials, and left me a lot of pictures before she passed away. None of them however show that goblet. It is what she said it is, or it's just a piece of family history, and if so then I'm fine with that too.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:12:14 PM EDT
[#41]
I tend to have stuff that can be displayed, and I have no desire to display Nazi stuff.

I sold a handful of original Nazi stuff, like an armband, because I didn't want it in the house.  Yes, they're trophies and a sign of victory, but I just don't want it.

I do have a Jap battle flag on the wall.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#42]
I have some hystery books that have the swastika on it.  Liddell Hart's The Other Side of the Hill is one of them.  Is that close enough?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:17:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
sure, I have a Panzerkampfwagen VIII Maus as my lawn ornament. 
View Quote
A good friend had an honest to god 88 mm artillery gun.He had it shipped over here from France,where it had been on display in a museum.
It was a DEWAT,of course.....but it was very good condition otherwise.

He had been in the German army at age 14......
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:20:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My wife has a very nice collection of Edelweiss.The little 'daisy' flower  was the official insignia of Germany's mountain troops.Some items she has are quite rare,such as an embroidered Edelweiss on desert tan cloth,obviously cut from a uniform and ( it appears) with blood stains.
I think all my pics are locked up on Photobucket.....https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/90540/Edelweiss_&_boat_039-308762.JPGhttps://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/90540/Edelweiss_&_boat_038-308763.JPG
View Quote
Do you have the book "Black Edelweiss"?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:22:35 PM EDT
[#45]
I have dozen of books. I would buy waffen SS stuff...provided its only from regiments not associated with any war crimes.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:24:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Bring back "taken off of a dead Nazi by my Grandfather" stuff is cool as heck.

Otherwise collecting Nazi stuff is creepy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:33:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Just my Great Uncle's Knight's Cross
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:43:25 PM EDT
[#48]
My dad gave me a Luftwaffe dress dagger and my brother an SA dagger. I have a P38, too. Other than that, not my collecting area-of-interest.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#49]
Grandad brought home a set of Zeiss Kreigsmarine coastal flack marked Binoculars and a G33/40 carbine.
My Dad and I both played with these and beat the shit out them breaking the Bakelite eye cups. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 6:58:40 PM EDT
[#50]
I don't collect Nazi stuff per se but I do have some waffenamt-marked guns, accessories and ammo. I also have Imperial Japanese-marked stuff along with Soviet, British, U.S., etc. from WWII.

I would like to add a Stuka to the collection but I don't think that's gonna happen.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top