Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:35:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I think he appointed a bad cabinet out of the gate, but decisive and steadfast, never pandered public opinion, likely a patriot, and probably a decent man.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Poll inbound!

I personally don't: TSA, DHS, a shit ton of govt. spending, Iraq, "PATRIOT" act, et cetera.

Don't cop out and say, "He was better than Obama."; that is vacuous.
View Quote

He meant well and tried to keep us safe. He did what he thought was right, but the things we got from his presidency were corrupted in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

He meant well and tried to keep us safe. He did what he thought was right, but the things we got from his presidency were corrupted in my opinion.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Poll inbound!

I personally don't: TSA, DHS, a shit ton of govt. spending, Iraq, "PATRIOT" act, et cetera.

Don't cop out and say, "He was better than Obama."; that is vacuous.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on him as well.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I believe he meant well, but the road to hell, good intentions, etc.  I liked him as a person, at least based on his public persona.

This

My thoughts too.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 3:56:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I voted no.
Domestically I think he was not that great, we are still suffering losses of freedoms from things he did.
Foreign policy side of things he was much better, but much of that work has been undone.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:12:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's all about the feels for ARFcom when it comes to GWB.  

"well gosh, our economy tanked, we got involved in a retardedly stupid war, and our federal government grew in both size and power like it hasn't in decades, but I dunno, he was just such a likable guy, you know..."

Such a crock of shit.  I adore that people actually fell for his "trimming brush at the ranch" persona.  Hook line and sinker.  Fucking idiots.
View Quote

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you voted "No".

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:22:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Over half of us get it.  That's encouraging
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:32:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Im with op:

"I personally don't: TSA, DHS, a shit ton of govt. spending, Iraq, "PATRIOT" act, et cetera."
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's all about the feels for ARFcom when it comes to GWB.  

"well gosh, our economy tanked, we got involved in a retardedly stupid war, and our federal government grew in both size and power like it hasn't in decades, but I dunno, he was just such a likable guy, you know..."

Such a crock of shit.  I adore that people actually fell for his "trimming brush at the ranch" persona.  Hook line and sinker.  Fucking idiots.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:42:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I voted no, but he was better than what this guy would have done as president:

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:38:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Over half of us get it.  That's encouraging
View Quote

Seems like more and more people are opening their eyes to the Republican Party-especially this election.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:20:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

You simply don't understand.

When Republicans spend money and increase the debt, it is for goods and services which are critically needed for the survival of the nation and the people.

When Democrats spend money and increase the debt the money is pissed away due to waste, fraud and abuse ... unless the Republicans in Congress participated in the process, in which case it is impolite to even mention growing Federal expenditures and mounting debt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bush expanded the size and spending of government,contrary to what the Republican party supposedly stands for.But hey,it's OK because he's a Republican.

You simply don't understand.

When Republicans spend money and increase the debt, it is for goods and services which are critically needed for the survival of the nation and the people.

When Democrats spend money and increase the debt the money is pissed away due to waste, fraud and abuse ... unless the Republicans in Congress participated in the process, in which case it is impolite to even mention growing Federal expenditures and mounting debt.

There is an element of truth to that. Bush had to rebuild a military that had been depleted thanks to post Cold War cuts by Clinton and the Gingrich Congress.

Certainly not all, but some of Bush's spending was necessary.

The spending priorities since Obama was elected has been terrible. Including the new *conservative/Republican Congress.

In this context, the word conservative means one who espouses to hold conservative values to get elected into position of power, only to allow progressives to push their agenda whenever and however they want.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:23:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I knew the war in Iraq was lost within about a week when they were saying that we wouldn't pursue their militias into "holy sites".

I liked the idea of him more than the real him in the end.
View Quote

We won it in the Surge. From there on you need maintenance.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I supported the military moves he made at the time.  In hindsight, why go into anything without a workable exit strategy?  The mess that was left behind has made the world a worse place.  The power vacuum that resulted has not worked out well.  The people in that part of the world are not like us, don't think the way we do and can't be trusted.  His spending is the next issue that concerns me in hindsight.
View Quote

Why?

Because his advisors, namely Cheney and Rumsfeld were complete fucking idiots. He should have never hired them back, and told his dad "No dad, your friends are idiots."
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I voted no, but he was better than what this guy would have done as president:

http://lolworthy.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/jeb-bush-crosseyed-meme.jpg
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:28:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Wonder if ISIS would be around if he had stayed.

Guessing he would have had no qualms about torturing ISIS members/supporters........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was much better than an Al Gore presidency. He would have flopped over after 9/11, we'd STILL have all the patriot act and TSA bullshit, and tack on Cap and Tax and other global warming bullshit.

Saddam would still be torturing people, OBL would have pulled off a bigger stunt, etc.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Wonder if ISIS would be around if he had stayed.

Guessing he would have had no qualms about torturing ISIS members/supporters........

ISIS grew out of Saddam's guys. Saddam's Iraq was increasingly Islamic.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Why?

Because his advisors, namely Cheney and Rumsfeld were complete fucking idiots. He should have never hired them back, and told his dad "No dad, your friends are idiots."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I supported the military moves he made at the time.  In hindsight, why go into anything without a workable exit strategy?  The mess that was left behind has made the world a worse place.  The power vacuum that resulted has not worked out well.  The people in that part of the world are not like us, don't think the way we do and can't be trusted.  His spending is the next issue that concerns me in hindsight.

Why?

Rumsfeld didn't work for his dad. In fact his dad disliked him.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:41:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Not conservative enough to suit me but no candidate is a perfect match.
Keep in mind he was a huge improvement over the alternatives he ran against.
I can't even imagine Al Gore handling post 9-11.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Doobya's legacy is perpetual war and Heimat Sicherheitsdienst.  Enjoy being groped at the airport peasant?
View Quote

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:04:14 PM EDT
[#20]
No. Mission accomplished my ass
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

I thought daddy liked Cheney, and it was Cheney's idea to bring back Rummy. At least that's the way I remember it. I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:12:43 PM EDT
[#22]
I think he really did love America and worked every day to try to make it a better place for everyone (unless you're a terrorist). Some of the stuff he ended up doing worked out poorly, but I think he did the best job he was able to do and did it in the way he thought was most prudent. That's my take on it.

I liked W. as President.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:18:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Not really.

He was certainly better than Gore or Kerry, without a doubt.

But, he didn't advance the conservative movement at all.  He really wasn't an advocate or a teacher of conservatism.

Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:20:42 PM EDT
[#24]
One need only look at the poll numbers to see why we are in the shape we are in and why the GOP doesn't think it needs to change.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:21:09 PM EDT
[#25]
No, not fiscally conservative at all. Didn't seem to have any strategic plan for his presidency.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:22:36 PM EDT
[#26]
He's a republican version of obama as far as I'm concerned. Awful president.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:26:16 PM EDT
[#27]
No child left behind looked great on paper.........disaster in classroom.  

I think he meant well, and he had good appointments, like John Bolton at the UN (God we need him back)

I think we all got a little sick of him at the end.  Overall....more favorable than unfavorable.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
He's a republican version of obama as far as I'm concerned. Awful president.
View Quote

Both are Progressives, but the main difference, as has already been stated, is that there is no doubt that Dubya" loves America. The POS that we've had since 2009 absolutely hates what America stands for.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top