[#2]
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:50:30 AM EDT
[#3]
I have few

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 12:53:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And 10 years from now when macs are $30,000 people will be saying "I remember when macs were $10k." People have been saying they are over priced for years, they are, but the population is increase, number of gun owners is increasing but the number of machine guns is fixed, and actually going down slightly. We've lost 10k of the 186k MG that are transferable. Prices have no where to go but up unless some legislation is passed either banning them out right or repealing the NFA and/or Hughes amendment.
View Quote

MGs will always be on the NFA.

It's more likely the country splits up and you get MGs that way than for congress or the courts to let us have them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 1:09:44 AM EDT
[#5]
It is run with co2 cartridges, and shoots caliber .177, but its still real fun and brings a smile to my face each time I squeeze 25 rounds off.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 1:14:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, but had to have the SOT to get it in my state as private ownership is now not allowed (post 1994).  Transferable UZI...  bought cheap too.  Some deals you just need to jump on when they present...being offered a brand new UZI at half the going rate was one of them.  

Had HK G36’s and 416’s at work, and played with the MP5 a bit, shot a lot of other FA stuff that we tested or demo’d.  

Used to take a G36 at 25 yards and do a full mag dump and keep every round on the target.  Fun demo.  Didn’t do it as much with the 416 but shot it FA a fair amount.  

All of that experience did not actually make me tired of full auto- I want/need an M-16 variant!  

Not a lot of times where FA makes a lot of sense for me, but that is OK, I just like playing with it and having the capability.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 1:26:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Got to do it enough while in to realize it's generally not very practical, and the excitement does fade. Besides all automatic weapons are legal!
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 1:29:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No.  I can't save fast enough to beat the artificial Huges Amendment inflation.
View Quote

This. By the time I have a spare $25k for a Thompson, they'll probably be going for $250k.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 1:42:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope, I is poor.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 1:43:53 AM EDT
[#10]
sadly I dont even have an illegal one.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 2:11:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a couple dozen transferable machineguns that I have collected over the past 20+ years buying roughly one machinegun per year as machinegun collecting has been one of my hobbies/interests.

I own an M11/9, M11-A1, full size Uzi, MP40, S&W M76, Norrell 10/22, Reising, 1928 Thompson, M2 Carbine, two M16 registered receivers, AC556K, FNC, AK47, FAL, 1919A4, M60E4, an HK21E / HK23E.   I also have a Steyr AUG registered auto-sear/hammerpack, two M16 registered auto-sears, and three HK registered auto-sears that I move around to probably another two dozen+ AUG/M16/HK host guns which probably brings my effective total to 40 to 50 different distinct machineguns.

Its unfortunate that machineguns have gotten so expensive due to 922(o) and that accelerated pricing precludes more and more folks from being able to purchase and enjoy them.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 2:51:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have a couple dozen transferable machineguns that I have collected over the past 20+ years buying roughly one machinegun per year as machinegun collecting has been one of my hobbies/interests.

I own an M11/9, M11-A1, full size Uzi, MP40, S&W M76, Norrell 10/22, Reising, 1928 Thompson, M2 Carbine, two M16 registered receivers, AC556K, FNC, AK47, FAL, 1919A4, M60E4, an HK21E / HK23E.   I also have a Steyr AUG registered auto-sear/hammerpack, two M16 registered auto-sears, and three HK registered auto-sears that I move around to probably another two dozen+ AUG/M16/HK host guns which probably brings my effective total to 40 to 50 different distinct machineguns.

Its unfortunate that machineguns have gotten so expensive due to 922(o) and that accelerated pricing precludes more and more folks from being able to purchase and enjoy them.
View Quote

Did you come to an MG shoot in Liberty, TX?

Or the Hun farm?   I seem to remember someone with a short barreled g3 and a full auto trigger pack making some long ass fireballs.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 2:58:58 AM EDT
[#13]
What is really sad, is every homie in every inner city has a switch or a drilled hole, or something, and they are let off with not even a fine, but you and I, we get our ballz handed to us as we do a dime in the federal pound me in the ass prison!!!

Is the FATF worrying about every 12-80 year old homie having an illegal machine gun...Nope, just if us white taco supremists have a brace. The game is rigged against us.

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 3:00:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Did you come to an MG shoot in Liberty, TX?

Or the Hun farm?   I seem to remember someone with a short barreled g3 and a full auto trigger pack making some long ass fireballs.
View Quote

I never went to the hun farm but did go to a couple shoots in Liberty Hill Texas that were hosted by a member here and his brother (foreman?).

I do have an HK51 (8" barreled G3) that one of the host brothers of those events loved to shoot. Seems like without fail when that gun came out the neighbors would call the cops who would show up and wonder what was making all that noise.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 3:03:57 AM EDT
[#15]
All guns are legal. They don't interest me too much. Maybe in the future.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 3:22:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Haven’t used it in the last 10 years.   I keep forgetting thatI own one...  

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 3:51:40 AM EDT
[#17]
I bought a MAC-10 four days after the Hughes Amendment took effect. Then I bought an M-1919-A4 right side plate before they got to be expensive and before semi-auto 1919's were a thing so the parts kits were VERY cheap. IIRC I paid $350 for the entire parts kit including the tripod, pintle, and T&E. I built it as originally issued just for the sake of history. I also bought 30'06 on links by the thousands back when it was about a dime a piece.

I knew this stuff was going to become more expensive than I would be able to afford or want to pay for myself. But I didn't expect it to get this crazy.

I will probably be selling the BMG in the next few years. It takes too much time/trouble organizing the time to shoot and clean and places I can shoot it are further and further away from civilization that the drive can be a bit of a PITA. I still have a few thousand rounds to sweeten the deal so I hope the fact that it hasn't been converted to .308 won't be much of a problem.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:13:27 AM EDT
[#18]
I have three.  Eventually there will be more.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 10:40:55 AM EDT
[#19]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top