Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 6:50:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m only here, cause my dad exploded in my mom. ???????
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:03:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes. I'm on the Penrose conformal cyclic cosmology bandwagon.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:13:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, it's not like every fucking thing is made up of stardust or anything because $cience!
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm interested in the alternative explanation, and how it was derived.

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:14:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted: If this is important to you look it up yourself to disprove me.

If you don't bother, then I know it is not really important to you.
View Quote

One cannot "look up" something that doesn't exist
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:20:35 PM EDT
[#6]
You have to throw out all the laws of physics in order to believe in the big bang.  It's not even possible (literally impossible) for everything to have magically happened from an explosion.

I kind of think for that reason alone, God has to exist.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Nope. The Big Bang is a creation myth based on the cycle of mammalian conception.

Existence is a simulation.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:30:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted: You have to throw out all the laws of physics in order to believe in the big bang
View Quote

Please prove your assertion
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:32:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
You have to throw out all the laws of physics in order to believe in the big bang.  It's not even possible (literally impossible) for everything to have magically happened from an explosion.

View Quote
Maybe you should investigate this question a little more.  Because "magically happened from an explosion" isn't at all accurate.  Nothing exploded.  Your taking a very simplified, colloquial phrase and assuming an awful lot.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I believe God created the entire universe through a series of detectable, measurable scientific processes.

I'm also realistic enough to realize it doesn't matter a whit how the universe was created, or how I believe it was created. It's here, I'm here, i can't affect any of it, when I die none of it matters.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:32:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

We have no idea what the conditions prior that event (or whatever event kick started the universe) were, and we have no possible way of knowing.

It could have been an entirely different set of rules. Physics in our universe likely don't apply at all to the conditions that lead to the creation of the universe.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:34:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not me, I know where this all came from, its in Old Testament, Genesis.  

My 16 year old dog appeared to be on his last few weeks, his front leg wasn't working for him.  I asked Jesus to help him, next day we woke up and he is walking as normal.   Jesus did that.

When judgement day comes I have many things to be ashamed of in my life, but I believe God sent his only begotten Son 'Jesus Christ' to die for my sins and I will spend eternity in Heaven with my Heavenly Father
View Quote

Old Testament is a collection of stories that are shared by a few of the worlds religions.

Is your 16 year old dog immortal now? I’ve watched a few human family members have a few good days or weeks before ultimately succumbing to their afflictions. I think that’s the way biological organisms live and die.

I truly do hope that I’ll get to see my loved ones on the other side.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:35:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why are you astonished?  It allows people to ignore morals that go beyond animalistic urges.  If there is no intelligent design, then it’s truly “survival of the fittest” and you should do whatever it takes to gain power/resources.
View Quote

Shit take. One need not believe in the Christian god and creation legend to be moral.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:36:23 PM EDT
[#14]
I believe there was a big bang. I just know who banged it.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#15]
We really need to just get away from the term "big bang".  It isn't an accurate description and leads people down this path that we somehow get order from disorder.  Nothing exploded.

Instead of thinking of it as "there was nothing, then it exploded". Instead think of it like this, "there was everything, then it expanded."

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:36:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

See my post. It would not be able to be an explosions as the atoms (let alone more complex molecules are ways of into the future).
View Quote

it wasn't an explosion, it was an expansion.

The "big Bang" is a misnomer
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:36:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Nope
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

We have no idea what the conditions prior that event (or whatever event kick started the universe) were, and we have no possible way of knowing.

It could have been an entirely different set of rules. Physics in our universe likely don't apply at all to the conditions that lead to the creation of the universe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See, that's where it really starts to break down for me.  If universal laws of physics aren't applicable, to me it really starts to drift into the "magic" territory.

If its possible to get away with saying "anything is possible", well, that's when I say "So is God"
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:37:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Liberalism was Definitely Not the result of Intelligent Design.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I’m only here, cause my dad Mailman exploded in my mom. ???????
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:39:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

How can you believe some old guy with magical powers, who lives in the sky, just created everything from nothing? Religion was just a made up way to explain things away and to control people. It really works great to control people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am astonished that people believe this.

The Big Bang is one of the dumbest theories ever.

How can you believe some old guy with magical powers, who lives in the sky, just created everything from nothing? Religion was just a made up way to explain things away and to control people. It really works great to control people.

This isn't well thought out.

Not as good as the ways that expressly deny the existence of God. Like communism.  

If religion was doing such a great job of "controlling people" as you say, why didn't they just stick with it and not invent the communism, which expressly denies the tenets of all religions?

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:40:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

See, that's where it really starts to break down for me.  If universal laws of physics aren't applicable, to me it really starts to drift into the "magic" territory.

If its possible to get away with saying "anything is possible", well, that's when I say "So is God"
View Quote
How about "I don't know".  What is so bad about I don't know?  Why insert an explanation with no explanatory power?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:41:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
How about "I don't know".  What is so bad about I don't know?  Why insert an explanation with no explanatory power?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"I dont know" is a fair answer
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:41:32 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How can universal laws apply if there is no universe for them to exist in?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:49:07 PM EDT
[#25]
No idea.... but it’s pretty cool to be alive to see and ponder about it.

I hope & pray my consciousness can experience elsewhere after this life.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:49:22 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Pray in one hand and shit in the other. I can guarantee which one will fill up first.

I found out at a young age how "religion" worked. I wanted a bike real bad. I prayed and prayed. I did my chores. I gave to the collection basket at church. I prayed some more, and still no bike. So I went and stole a bike, and prayed for forgiveness.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not me, I know where this all came from, its in Old Testament, Genesis.  

My 16 year old dog appeared to be on his last few weeks, his front leg wasn't working for him.  I asked Jesus to help him, next day we woke up and he is walking as normal.   Jesus did that.

When judgement day comes I have many things to be ashamed of in my life, but I believe God sent his only begotten Son 'Jesus Christ' to die for my sins and I will spend eternity in Heaven with my Heavenly Father

How many people pray for something similar and it never happens?

Pray in one hand and shit in the other. I can guarantee which one will fill up first.

I found out at a young age how "religion" worked. I wanted a bike real bad. I prayed and prayed. I did my chores. I gave to the collection basket at church. I prayed some more, and still no bike. So I went and stole a bike, and prayed for forgiveness.

Are you angry? You sound angry. And is it strange to not believe in God, use it as an excuse to steal then pray for forgiveness?

Seems like you believe but you're just angry at God for not giving into your tantrum.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:57:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

"Do your own research" usually translates to "I have no credible reference to give you".
View Quote

It happens a lot here.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 7:59:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I believe life on earth is a product of God our creator. I believe marxism is a product of satan the liar and destroyer.
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:00:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#30]
It often seems that way.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:03:30 PM EDT
[#31]
An explosion yes.  Random?  No.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:09:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Neither side can PROVE their case.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:10:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Then it would be the same here. Many different deities in various cultures. Why wouldn't be alien species have its own culture and religion?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If there is intelligent life somewhere else in the universe, I wonder if they believe in the same god. What if they don't?

Then it would be the same here. Many different deities in various cultures. Why wouldn't be alien species have its own culture and religion?

I’ve met a group of aliens, and they were confused by our gods. You see, on Xio Prime they have gods but they are pets. They worship Dogs. It was an entertaining conversation.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:14:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Ever expanding universe is the result of our God who never stops working, never stops creating, building for us many mansions in Heaven.

God created man in his image, God is a spirit, we are a spirit and his spirit is in us. Then he created our flesh from the dust of this earth, when our flesh dies it returns to the earth as dust, but our spirit lives on eternally in Heaven, in the name of Jesus Christ.

Wake up and realize that you are a spirit bound to this flesh. You are a creation of God. I know the presence of the Holy Spirit when I worship, when I praise him, when I pray, and when I am in his word. It burns from within me.

If I'm wrong then so what, I missed out on some pleasures & desires that would've been no good for me anyways, and I'd still have lived a good life as an upright honest person. But if I'm right then I'll be glory bound on my way to God's promised kingdom but there will be hell to pay for the sinners.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:20:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Well, no.  After the Bang, there was what nearly 14 Billion years.  The Earth only popped up about 4.5 Billion years ago.  And, Life on earth only showed up about 2 Billion years ago.  And Mankind as we know it is a mere 2 million years old, and 'civilization' is really only about 50,000 years old.  Lots of evolution in those billions of years!

Or....ya know.  An invisible entity snapped it's fingers and we all popped up 6,000 years ago fully formed as we are today.  That is much more believable.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:23:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Never have.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:24:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Not as good as the ways that expressly deny the existence of God. Like communism.  

If religion was doing such a great job of "controlling people" as you say, why didn't they just stick with it and not invent the communism, which expressly denies the tenets of all religions?

View Quote

Because other people wanted to be the ones controlling people.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:24:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed, I believe in creation. According to Genesis 1:1 In the beginning God created the Heavens and the Earth.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:28:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Mystical omnipotent sky daddy is so much better.

ITT we see members who don't understand the scientific method of constantly testing a hypothesis and tweaking said hypothesis based on ever evolving evidence.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:29:54 PM EDT
[#41]

You can never prove a theory, you modify it based on facts as they are discovered.

At least on the science side, new information is always being discovered.

On the other side they have an old book.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It was disproved a couple years ago,
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:33:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Here’s the thing. Scientists don’t know jack shit when you think on a universal scale. To think they know how it all began is nothing less than comical. I agree. The Big Bang theory is pants on head retarded.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:34:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct.  Religion has no authority (not to be confused with God).  That's why you have state churches in other countries.  That's the only way a church or religion has authority, and therefore control over anyone.

Republicans try and back door that lack of authority in the US by writing morality or sin laws every chance they get.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:34:44 PM EDT
[#45]
So I don't want to get too deep in this, but if God is real, who created him?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:34:58 PM EDT
[#46]
There is nothing random about my front porch claymores.

Yes, I swiped the idea from another thread, but is is a GOOD idea.  
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:35:01 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's obviously all the result of someone we've never seen, never heard from, have no proof he exists, and is constantly in need of more money.
View Quote

Can’t see the Big Bang.
Can’t hear the Big Bang.
Proof is the same as that you use to justify the Big Bang.
Constantly need of money, are greedy humans, nothing to do with the Creator.

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:35:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Mystical omnipotent sky daddy is so much better.

ITT we see members who don't understand the scientific method of constantly testing a hypothesis and tweaking said hypothesis based on ever evolving evidence.
View Quote

They also don't understand the difference between the laymen's word "theory" and the scientific use of "theory." These threads are fruitless and are nothing but troll threads.

Where's the OP?
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Can't see the Big Bang.
Can't hear the Big Bang.
Proof is the same as that you use to justify the Big Bang.
Constantly need of money, are greedy humans, nothing to do with the Creator.

View Quote

LMFAO the smug emoticon of ignorance.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:37:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I believe in God, and the Big Bang.
Fite me u gays.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top