Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 1/3/2024 12:43:03 AM EDT
If so do you use their bed or yours?  
Apparently this is a thing now, I guess I've been under a rock.

Human dog bed:

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:44:23 AM EDT
[#1]
No

But, I let my dags sleep in my bed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:44:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I know a chemist who sleeps with his dog. He's always in the lab.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:45:23 AM EDT
[#3]
She's wearing clothes to bed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:45:51 AM EDT
[#4]
No. She sleeps in the living room between the front door and back door.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:46:08 AM EDT
[#5]
He sleeps under the bed. Snores like a mother fucker too.

If something freaks him out he might jump up on the bed and sit on my feet for a while.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:48:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, one dog sleeps in our bed, usually puts himself to bed before us.  Thinks his place is between my wife and I.  He will leave bed if told to.  Never let a Jack Russell or JRT mutt into bed.  LMAO

Other goes between dog beds, tile, and our bed.  Always sleeps in protective positions.  Cattle dog mix.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:49:24 AM EDT
[#7]
My lab did until he got too old to get down on his own.

I don't miss the fur.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:50:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Dogs on the bed, couch, etc.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:50:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Nope.  I'm alpha for a reason.   And he stays off the furniture, too.

In that respect, the dog has 25x the room I have.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:51:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Yep. He snuggles up to my foot. Has the same freaking routine, climb up, wait by the pillow to go under the blanket. Then lays down under my arm for 3 min before moving to my feet. Stays there 5 min before jumping down from under the blanket then jumps back up on top of the blanket and falls asleep. If I dont lift the blanket for him, he will just stand there waiting for how ever long it take. If he hears a noise outside he does his little growl. Always the little protector (like who the fucks afraid of a pug?).
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:52:13 AM EDT
[#11]
No. I hate dog hair in my bed. He has his own dog bed out in the front room
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:52:45 AM EDT
[#12]
No, because they periodically like to run outside to check out some noise and then run back into the room and jump on me to tell me about the good time they had barking at the deer.

A couple of hundred pound GSDs jumping on you in the middle of the night is one big wake up call.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:53:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Attachment Attached File

Nope
He deserves his own bed .
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:54:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Wife sleeps at the foot of the bed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:55:07 AM EDT
[#15]
i'll sleep on the floor with one my dogs, when it's the night before i'm going to have them put down.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:55:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Yes.   A staffy is curled up between my legs and snoring as I type this.   Keeps me warmer than my wife - that bitch is like the blonde from Frozen!
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:56:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wife sleeps at the foot of the bed.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:57:53 AM EDT
[#18]
We did until recently.

They seem to like the cages.

Weird ass Aussie Shepherds.  Strange breed.

We grew up with GSDs.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:01:44 AM EDT
[#19]
We have a 25lb mutt. He’s been sleeping at the end of our bed since we got him 9 years ago. He doesn’t shed that much. We’re getting a mini goldendoodle in about 3 weeks, he’ll probably sleep in the bed as well.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:03:15 AM EDT
[#20]
My middle daughters doxie sleeps by her and us when she is gone.

Youngest daughters mutt sleeps at the end of her bed guarding her.
Sheets are washed every two weeks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:03:30 AM EDT
[#21]
No his kennel is to small.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:03:49 AM EDT
[#22]
No.  Dag sleeps in her (unlocked) kennel next to my bed.

She is not allowed in my bed at all.  This, however, does not stop her from being on my bed whenever I am not in view.  I'm not exactly sure if she thinks that I can't tell, or if it's a game for her not to get "caught".
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:04:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Our rot doesn’t like the bed.

Our heeler plays a game with the wife. When the wife falls asleep she jumps up on the bed and curls up next to my legs. This lasts until about 2am when the wife has to pee and comes back to discover the dog in the bed. She scolds the dog, slaps her, the dog growls and begrudgingly goes into her own bed. I pretend like I don’t notice.

Little fucking dog is never more than 2’ from me. Lays her head on my lap when I sit on the couch, lays on the bath mat when I shower, lies next to the treadmill while I workout. Gonna be a tough day when she goes.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:04:41 AM EDT
[#24]
No....

Dogs are filthy and nasty creatures.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:05:11 AM EDT
[#25]
The GSDs would sleep on the carpet at the foot of the bed.

We would wake up with them having their heads on the pillows next to us.

Ninjas!
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:06:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Yeah, one dog sleeps in our bed, usually puts himself to bed before us.  Thinks his place is between my wife and I.  He will leave bed if told to.  Never let a Jack Russell or JRT mutt into bed.  LMAO

Other goes between dog beds, tile, and our bed.  Always sleeps in protective positions.  Cattle dog mix.
View Quote

Same, except under the covers rather than under the bed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:06:54 AM EDT
[#27]

Attachment Attached File

2 tail feathers for every rooster retivived this season.  
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:08:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Heck no, they're called "dogs" for a reason
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:08:55 AM EDT
[#29]
I sleep on the couch with her occasionally.

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:09:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No....

Dogs are filthy and nasty creatures.
View Quote

Ban

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:09:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Heck no, they're called "dogs" for a reason
View Quote
Dogs are cool
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:10:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I sleep on the couch with her occasionally.

https://i.imgur.com/cTtr8wf.jpg
View Quote
Looks fake. Stuffed animal fake.

Looks like our puppy.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:11:41 AM EDT
[#33]
They are on the dog beds in our bedroom.

But when Princess Annastatia (Anna) had bilateral TPLO surgery one of us would sleep on the couch with the dog bed next to us, or we would put two beds next to each other and sleep there.  

Yes our big girl is spoiled and well taken care of.

she was so young and small, 9 weeks old
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:17:17 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote
The chiweenie sleeps in the bed with us, but not the lab. Actually, she's really funny. We have a nightly routine. After I tuck in the wife, the chiweenie has to get her hugs and kisses, too. If I forget and walk out, she goes apeshit hollering at me (the dog, not the wife).
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:21:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
The chiweenie sleeps in the bed with us, but not the lab. Actually, she's really funny. We have a nightly routine. After I tuck in the wife, the chiweenie has to get her hugs and kisses, too. If I forget and walk out, she goes apeshit hollering at me (the dog, not the wife).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We did until recently.

They seem to like the cages.

Weird ass Aussie Shepherds.  Strange breed.

We grew up with GSDs.
We always find odd stuff, toys and balls, when we clean their cages.

The female dog hides everything in the yard.

Aussies are weird.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:25:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Our two labs have beds at the foot of our bed and our little dog sleeps in the bed at the foot.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:32:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Our Boston Terrier is crate trained. We say "night night" and he goes into his crate each night.

Although, Friday night he sleeps in the bed with us and goes under the covers at our feet.. then by morning his head is on my pillow and he's staring at me as I wake up.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:01:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Dogs live outside with the other farm animals.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:04:08 AM EDT
[#39]
I have a blanket I put down.  Once it's on the bed she knows it's ok .  
   She'll put her front feet on the bed for me to lift her up.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:06:48 AM EDT
[#40]
My Chihuahua sleeps under the blankets snuggled with his back behind my knees. When I have to roll over, my legs go over him like an arch and he will reposition his back against the back of my knees. Going on over 7 years now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:08:10 AM EDT
[#41]
It's fucking disgusting. There was a poll on here awhile ago and 50% of GD slept with dogs. Absolutely insane... Question I would like to know is how often they wash their sheets
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:09:26 AM EDT
[#42]
2 Weimaraners.

One under the covers, usually as close to me as she can physically get.

The other one sleeps between the pillows on top of the covers.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:10:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Dog(s).

Yes.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:11:36 AM EDT
[#44]
Me and my Akita share the sectional couch five nights a week. I am retired, and an insomniac. For instance, I've been still wide awake at 5:30AM most days this week. My wife is up for work at 5AM. So yeah... my dog is my "work wife" so to speak.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:14:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It's fucking disgusting. There was a poll on here awhile ago and 50% of GD slept with dogs. Absolutely insane... Question I would like to know is how often they wash their sheets
View Quote

Cat rancher noted
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:17:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Yep. The dogs tend to guard my wife constantly. They like to get close to me to get goodnight pets then bookend roll onto each side of my wife.  When she goes to bed before me the alleged coy mix sits and gives me impatient looks until I join them. She’s almost as dramatic as some huskies I’ve seen. Very vocal complainer.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:22:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your concern has been noted, printed-out, and will come in handy next time I head to the shitter. Thank you. Seriously man... thank you.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:26:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jack Russell Terrorists have a thing where they can make their 15-20 pound body weight turn into 300 pounds and sound like a chainsaw or a small block with open headers if you try to move them.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:28:04 AM EDT
[#49]
80 pound Mal and a 65 pound Dutch Shepherd both in the bed.

Mal sleeps on or touching me every night. The DS lays at the foot of the bed with the top of her head against my feet or on the middle pillow at the head of the bed touching me or within inches of me.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:28:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Jack Russell Terrorists have a thing where they can make their 15-20 pound body weight turn into 300 pounds and sound like a chainsaw or a small block with open headers if you try to move them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My daughters doxie somehow melts into the bed and hard to get up from the bed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top