Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:47:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh yeah, she sleeps in our bed. Pretty much on top of me usually. A 60 lbs B&T Coonhound blanket
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:48:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
She's wearing clothes to bed.
View Quote

Sleeping in the day time with a photographer standing over her too...
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:48:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Fur is life

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:49:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Our dog wasn't allowed on the furniture, and slept on a dog bed under the window in our bedroom.  Sometimes if there was a bad thunderstorm she would pace around the room and we would move her bed next to ours away from the window.

She was a great dog, but collie hair is so fine and gets everywhere.  I swear that dog shed an entire new dog worth of hair every week.  There was no way she was sleeping in our bed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:00:33 AM EDT
[#5]
back when I was single I had a rotty. She wasn't allowed on the bed but every morning that's where she would be. She even used the pillows. How a 120# dog could sneak up on a bed without waking me up, ever, was kinda weird. But she did it.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:00:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's fucking disgusting. There was a poll on here awhile ago and 50% of GD slept with dogs. Absolutely insane... Question I would like to know is how often they wash their sheets
View Quote

Or even how often they wash their dog, which is hardly never for some people...
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:27:31 AM EDT
[#7]
My little dog takes naps with me on the couch.  I lay down on my side and before I fall asleep she lays down on top of me with her head on my shoulder.  Been doing that since she was a puppy.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#8]
They both do
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:31:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Yes when I’m not working (nightshift)
I am single and both my dogs lay with me for about  30 minutes then they hop down on the floor where they sleep the rest of the night.
But I also keep them brushed weekly and washed monthly to keep my bed clean and free of dirt.

Edit. My Malinois lays his head down on me and watches me browse the web and my GSD lays down by my feet until my Malinois decides it’s time to get down and then the GSD follows him.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:36:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Animals on any furniture is fucking disgusting.
If your animal sleeps in a bed that you do, it’s not your bed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#11]
No.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:39:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Our rule: No dogs on beds/couches in my house.  Until my Pyrenees decided to change the rules, and hops in our bed after one of us gets up.  No laws when you got white paws.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Yes our two girls do, when it is time to go to bed, my wife announces "bed time" and they jump up and run to the bedroom door, we open the door and one of them jumps up on the bed, the other needs to be picked up, as we have a high bed and she is shorter than her sister.

Our two recue baby girls, two sisters, same liter and they are spoiled rotten....11 LBS each

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Autumn sleeps with us for now.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#15]
we recently took down Nala's crate to make room for the Christmas tree. She has a dog bed at the foot of our bed, or her own spot on the loveseat in the living room. She splits her time between those pretty equally most nights. She has slept in the bed with us, but we don't encourage it. She's like a big ol furnace lol

I can buy new sheets and furniture. A good dog is priceless
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:55:39 AM EDT
[#16]
I bought my chocolate lab Buddy a Big Barker dog bed for his later years.   Very nice memory foam, and comfy, but too small for me.
Current black lab Ike is ambivalent about that nice Big Barker bed-he will sleep anywhere, but wherever I am.  
But he sleeps at night on my bed, even though he has dog beds all around the house.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:56:04 AM EDT
[#17]
No bc I like sleeping inside.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#18]
yes
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:57:28 AM EDT
[#19]
No, the dog house is too tight.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 9:59:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Sometimes.  If there's more than one cat on the bed before she gets there she'll usually lie down on the dog bed on the floor instead.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Dachshunds are near perfect bed dogs. Sleep on your side and one will lay out by your back. So soothing on rare, cold nights.
View Quote

Our dachsunds sleep in the bed with us. They are awesome on cold nights. However on warm nights they can be a bit much. I was burning up one night, looked down and one of them was stretched out along by back (superman flying pose), their stomach/chest pressing in my back. I moved her away and she huffed at me and went back to sleep. The wife and I took a week vacation to the coast and I found it hard to get to sleep without them. Love those little buggers.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yes . . . and if you touch a frog you'll get warts.  Yes . . . and if you step on a crack you'll break your mother's back.

Eleven dogs over 40 years, and all have slept on the bed. Not one ever thought it was the alpha.  That's because the training never stops.  They always lie down and stay until they get the release word to eat. They know the words for couch, bed, chair, rope, ball, car, etc.  They heel, sit, stay, come when called. They get ample exercise so they aren't bored.

That dumb line about "they think they're the alpha" is only true if a human is too lazy to teach their dogs how to behave.  It has nothing to do with the bed. It has everything to do with consistent training and reinforcement

But . . . people do like their mythologies and folk wisdom.
View Quote

This. Like canines in the wild don’t co-sleep for security and for warmth.

Do alphas go around keeping the other pack members from sitting/laying in certain locations when the alpha isn’t there occupying them? “No one can lay beside the mossy log but me!”
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:07:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Yes my dogs sleep in my bed. I have a REALLY bad knee due do arthritis, injury and surgeries. He puts his head/neck on it when I go to sleep and its like my own personal heating pad. Really helps with the pain.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#24]
Dogs in bed is gross.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:11:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Dogs in bed is gross.
View Quote

If you think dogs in bed are gross wait until you find out what mommy and daddy did there.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:12:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

If you think dogs in bed are gross wait until you find out what mommy and daddy did there.
View Quote

You want a bunch of dog hair crammed in to that as well?

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:13:41 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You want a bunch of dog hair crammed in to that as well?

View Quote

I change the sheets regularly.
Edit: to be fair I am biased, see the really bad arthritic knee post above.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 10:43:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hopefully he's not sleeping in their bed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:04:38 AM EDT
[#29]
I have to tell this story, since its somewhat relevant

Back in the MySpace days, I found this chick that I went to high school with on there. We end up hanging out a few times, I sleep on the couch a couple times. After a night of drinking, she invites me to sleep with her in the bed, assuring me nothing would happen. Her dog, Spazz, slept in between us. One thing leads to another and we're getting down to business, Spazz is in the floor now. Next thing I know, I get a big wet dog nose right in the taint. I politely tell her the dog needs to leave if she wants me to concentrate on the task at hand.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
No....

Dogs are filthy and nasty creatures.
View Quote

They are a hell of a lot better than any choice you have made for a boyfriend.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:12:41 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
No....

View Quote

Dogs are much less disgusting than other people that have been in my bed
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:17:10 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:18:42 AM EDT
[#33]
They sleep in my bed
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:18:48 AM EDT
[#34]
I have a king bed. Between my wife and my two coonhounds, I end up with a little strip of bed smaller than a twin. I don't move much in my sleep so that's fine but sometimes I really feel the Rodney Dangerfield "no respect, I tell ya".
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
No....

View Quote

Did your "buddy" tell you that?
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Dog sleeps in his crate until morning.  He gets let out when my wife or I wake up.  He'll go outside and do his business then get back in bed with the other one.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:49:01 AM EDT
[#37]
My dogs aren't allowed in the Master Suite.  Only the Alpha sleeps there!

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 11:52:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Dog sofa at the foot of the bed, or downstairs dog bed.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:02:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
We did until recently.

They seem to like the cages.

Weird ass Aussie Shepherds.  Strange breed.

We grew up with GSDs.
View Quote
Same with mine but that's how they were brought up. As puppies they were kenneled at night with the door closed. Now the kennels don't even have doors but they stay in them through the night unless something gets their attention
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:09:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My lab did until he got too old to get down on his own.

I don't miss the fur.
View Quote

We added a small ottoman about half the bed height a few dogs back.

It helps them get on and off when they get older.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:09:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Yes
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:10:16 PM EDT
[#42]
I sleep with my dog more often than my wife.

We don’t cosleep anymore because reads all night and turning off the light “click” wakes me.

My dog sleeps wherever I do. Most often in the man cave.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:11:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Jack Russell Terrorists have a thing where they can make their 15-20 pound body weight turn into 300 pounds and sound like a chainsaw or a small block with open headers if you try to move them.
View Quote

Jacks shed like no end.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:16:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Ah - yeppers.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:22:20 PM EDT
[#45]
I work midnights.   My wife has a Maltese dog that is attached to her 24/7 and doesn't miss a thing.   It sleeps beside her and will bark if something is wrong.  I find it reassuring that it does that.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:24:38 PM EDT
[#46]
They're both passed now, but our dogs always slept in their crates.  We have a California King bed (I'm tall, I like the extra length) and even with a big bed, having 160 lbs of dog in the bed was no fun. Their fur was prickly, they're hot, they move too much, etc.

People who sleep on the floor in dog beds...that's just stupid.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
No....

View Quote

I've never had to snake a toilet because my dog flushed a tampon
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:59:54 PM EDT
[#48]
GD:  You must remove tour shoes before entering my house!
GD:  dog licks his own ass and jumps in bed with you.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:02:17 PM EDT
[#49]
I thought this was a Guilty/Not Guilty thread.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Cap'n Cody knows his job and his pay is free food and a room with a crate and a couch. He just has to stay off people beds and furniture. Pretty sweet gig if you ask me.

Though sometimes the daughter coaxes him onto some when the wife isn't around. Fortunately, he doesn't shed and is a pretty clean animal.... but he is still 75 pounds of ornery.

Attachment Attached File
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top