Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 12:28:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep , saw one(s) , at least twice in Gated community, while I lived in Boca Raton FL several years ago.

Thought it was a Doberman, but it behaved like a (big) cat, running away and hiding behind a bush. Then again, at night while walking my dog, one was lying down licking itself just like a cat, on the Golf course. I slowly stepped  back, good thing it didn’t see me, and was wondering where my pistol was....
I started carrying my .40 cal pistol again, since then.

Link Posted: 12/9/2022 12:28:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And I have it on good authority that a leopard can't change it's spots.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jaguars are usually spotted.  Panthers not so much.

And I have it on good authority that a leopard can't change it's spots.

Even the deaf ones.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 12:46:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

TPW has said there are no mountain lions in Texas. I beg to differ. "Black Panthers" are just black pigmented cats that are already here. Jaguars are in central Mexico, so it wouldn't be far fetched for the occasional lost one to show up.
A game warden was telling me how there were no alligators in the lake we live on, while we were watching one swim by at about 60 yards. A rather large one. Asked him what that was. He just walked off.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are no black mountain lions in the U.S.

TPW has said there are no mountain lions in Texas. I beg to differ. "Black Panthers" are just black pigmented cats that are already here. Jaguars are in central Mexico, so it wouldn't be far fetched for the occasional lost one to show up.
A game warden was telling me how there were no alligators in the lake we live on, while we were watching one swim by at about 60 yards. A rather large one. Asked him what that was. He just walked off.

Bullshit!

TPW very specifically says mountain lions are a non-game species and can be killed at any time.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Bullshit!

TPW very specifically says mountain lions are a non-game species and can be killed at any time.
View Quote

Yup.  There are multiple killed here every year.  

The "Muh state is hiding thur existence!" line is almost as prevalent of a myth as the black panther thing.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 2:06:34 PM EDT
[#6]
There are  in south Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 12/9/2022 2:58:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/387898/F3F5389B-53DF-455A-9C5E-396A93512A2C_jpe-2628737.JPG

Back in his younger days he physically was like a pit bull version of a cat.
View Quote

We have two of these little all black terrors.

Mother and daughter, it's cute how much they love one another.

We used to be able to tell them apart, but they're both 100% black, so there's no way to tell who's who anymore.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#8]
About ten years ago or more we had numerous sightings of a black panther around Jackson and Manchester Michigan. Speculation was it was an exotic pet that escaped.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Yes. Seen by myself and another hunter on 2 occasions. Walking thru 10,000 acres of International paper company land adjoining my Dad's place in Kentwood,LA.
Walking with my dog. Dog y
turned around and took of after it. About 150 yrds away. It disappeared across a lumber pile before the dog had taken 3 steps toward it.
So yes! they are around
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 2:26:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Did you not see the movie?
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 2:35:25 PM EDT
[#11]
i have heard stories from old folks that they have seen large black cats in the woods of east texas.

i have personally seen a black bear in Nacogdoches county.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top