Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 3:39:12 PM EDT
[#1]
When it's giving me a ride to the airport to meet up with my Gulfstream 650
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 3:39:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why do fairies need helicopters? They have wings AND wear boots. You gotta believe me.
View Quote
Yeah, I saw it, I saw it I tell you no lies.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#3]
In Iraq, it could mean really good things if it was an Apache or Kiowa.   Medevac, not so much.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The helicopter tour I took of the grand canyon was pretty awesome
View Quote
Same.  
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 3:46:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Apache sightseeing over the start of Rally Estonia

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 3:49:44 PM EDT
[#6]
From an Army warrant officer I palled around with when I was doing in-plant testing of an updated F-4 simulator while he was testing a new Apache sim: "Helicopters fly that bad guys may die."
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 3:49:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
When it's giving me a ride to the airport to meet up with my Gulfstream 650
View Quote
I've done this
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
OP that looks like a news chopper.

iPotato pic through a spotting scope.  This guy was hovering for like 5 minutes by my former house in IL.  If you look closely, he has a camera and is inspecting the nearby ComEd power lines.

Must just be easier to fly whole lines than drive and do it on foot.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/72283/DSC_7199-1134961.jpg

Do they ferry regular people in addition to queers/fairys (fairies)?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
OP that looks like a news chopper.

iPotato pic through a spotting scope.  This guy was hovering for like 5 minutes by my former house in IL.  If you look closely, he has a camera and is inspecting the nearby ComEd power lines.

Must just be easier to fly whole lines than drive and do it on foot.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/72283/DSC_7199-1134961.jpg

Quoted:
To answer your question they frequently fairy people offshore.
Do they ferry regular people in addition to queers/fairys (fairies)?
Our power company started flying drones over.  Big one came over the house the other day looking for limbs that need to be cut down.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 3:52:52 PM EDT
[#9]
If your boat has sunk, and you'retreading water  forty miles off shore, and it's orange and white, it sure means something good.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 3:53:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
This guy is circling my house right now. Yeah I'm frazzled
Attachment Attached File
View Quote
looks like Dallas PD Air One (Bell Jet Ranger 206), I can call Frenchie or Russell or Mark now and ask what's up...
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 3:56:46 PM EDT
[#11]
I came home once to see FIVE news helicopters hovering 1/2 mile from the south runway of LAX, all of them pointed north. A heavy (China Airlines IIRC) had crashed & burned. It was a creepy feeling; SEVERAL news agencies were covering a single story.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 3:57:34 PM EDT
[#12]
When getting shot at, it is lovely to hear that bird in the area.  Especially if it has a 20 or 30mm  cannon on it.

Of course that does mean something very bad is happening to someone.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
looks like Dallas PD Air One (Bell Jet Ranger 206), I can call Frenchie or Russell or Mark now and ask what's up...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This guy is circling my house right now. Yeah I'm frazzled
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/244128/20191023_130817_jpg-1134948.JPG
Whoever it is, he's still buzzing around. Flying lower than the Dallas PD normally does. Forest Lane and TI Blvd/Stults Road area.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:01:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Around my area a lot of it is flight testing Apaches fresh off the line. Only bad news about that is tax dollars being spent.

The good news is they're being spent here.

Also the sherrif's helis around me are just doing routine patrols, no bad news needed. Years ago I was
pretty deep in Tonto national forest and ran into a homeless guy when one flew over on those patrols, and
he said the cops kept track of everyone camping and informed the forest rangers to check out anyone that
stayed in  one place too long -- apparently it was a combination of welfare check and a subtle hint to the
homeless to keep moving.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#16]
CAS?
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#17]
And this, lol
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:20:26 PM EDT
[#18]
I live close to a training field for the Navy, so yes.

I did see one poor SOB that must have fucked up really bad, though. They made him stand watch for an entire weekend at the entrance with two cases of water. The entrance is right next to one of the busiest roads in the area, which means close to 10k+ people saw him standing there at parade rest.

Haven't seen anything like that in 19 years living here. Being .mil myself, I was trying to figure out what he could have possibly fucked that bad, where that was the alternative choice to whatever paperwork he had coming his way.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:22:54 PM EDT
[#19]
I guess it depends on one's perspective.

Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:29:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Hog hunting with uncle Ted?
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:33:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I was picking up my oldest at Richland College at 1:45 today and saw one like that.  With the number of huge corporate headquarters, it could have been a ride home for a big wig.

In Dallas I usually think DPS, DPD or one of the several medical helps operating around here.

DPD 101 is based at the Mesquite airport so it's often them when I'm home.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:34:26 PM EDT
[#23]
around here most are military helicopters doing training, "civilian" helicopters,  every now and then a Emergency Medical  or a news helicopter. so mostly good
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:39:54 PM EDT
[#24]
That Chinook image above, I remember well, one of the gutsy rescues on the side of Mt. Hood, OR from the glacier, they told the pilots there was no where to land and the NG pilot told them, bet me and went in and got those people out.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:43:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#26]
I used to live off Northwest Highway next to the White Rock Station like 20 years ago. A water main burst under the DART tracks, flooded out PT's Gentleman's club and some of the condos on the west side of the track.

DPD circled the neighborhood for THREE MOTHERFUCKING HOURS!!!

I called, inquired, complained. They claimed they had a problem with looters trying to get in the condos.

Somebody who lived over there was either a big donor to someone or had to be like a police chief or city councilman. It was ridiculous. I had a friend who lived in the condos, I see how they could flood, but it wasn't a huge complex either. I don't know how you couldn't secure the scene with 3 or 4 squad cars.

Another time, me and my exwife/then fiance where getting our freak on and out bedroom window, which luckily had curtains, lit up with flashing lights and a police spotlight. We finished our activity, then went to the window to check, they were doing a felony stop on the street in front of our house. Ah, to be young and dumb and full of...
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Is Frenchie the guy with the thick ass accent on the radio?
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I used to live off Northwest Highway next to the White Rock Station like 20 years ago. A water main burst under the DART tracks, flooded out PT's Gentleman's club and some of the condos on the west side of the track.

DPD circled the neighborhood for THREE MOTHERFUCKING HOURS!!!

I called, inquired, complained. They claimed they had a problem with looters trying to get in the condos.
View Quote
I think you've given me a clue as to what might be going on. There are some condos at the intersection I mentioned earlier that got hit pretty hard on Sunday.

Maybe it's the DPD patrolling for looters.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 5:49:20 PM EDT
[#29]
When I have your wounded!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 7:17:42 PM EDT
[#30]
Music to my old ears:

[4K] What a Sound! BELL UH-1D * spotters dream ! * SAR 71+34
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 7:19:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Used to steal candy from the KY Governor's helicopter all the time. Our Bawks used to make McDonald's runs. So there's that.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Helicopters to me mean spray season.  And that means money.

PAT17091 Outbound by FredMan, on Flickr

ORA18003 Inbound Selfie by FredMan, on Flickr

NEL12007 Trimming the SMZ by FredMan, on Flickr

GOO96001 Sunset Helo by FredMan, on Flickr
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Do you live or work around Hunter Biden... during an interview he said Trump is sending helicopters to watch him!
View Quote
Calm down, Hunter. Most people on your drug regimen think they are being followed around by helicopters.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 7:38:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do fairies need helicopters? They have wings AND wear boots. You gotta believe me.
I see what you guys did there. Nice work
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 7:49:41 PM EDT
[#36]
It's a good thing if you're the person who called for one.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Helicopters make me uncomfortable.

They have since I was in the Army.

In AIT at Ft. Polk they'd use helicopters to look for us.  We were tired, cold, dirty, etc. and trying to dig in/prepare fighting positions and they'd let us know we had to do it quick as they'd be sending helicopters overhead to look for us.  If the helicopters spotted our positions they'd drop CS grenades on us.  I remember hurrying to get as much/deep as possible and having pine tree branches and anything else we could pull over the holes as we stopped digging and ducked into the holes every time we heard a helicopter coming.

The helicopters would drop low, hover for a bit, slowly move around above the tree tops looking for us and we'd try to be unseen in our unfinished fighting positions hoping we wouldn't have to dig those masks out and put them on.  Even when you get the mask on in time the stuff lingers on the bushes/grass, etc. for days and you know it when you get into it.  Eyes burning/watering, throat burning, hard to talk without coughing.

Sort of like brainwashing/conditioning.  Tired, cold, hungry and messed with and what sinks in is the fear.  For me the fear/distrust of helicopters has stuck with me for over 40 years now.  If I'm outside and I hear one coming I fade over to a tree trunk, the side of a shed, etc. and stand still till it passes by and the sound tells me it's a good ways away.

And then one of the "funnest" rides I ever took in the Army was a late night helicopter ride across part of Ft. A.P. Hill in a Huey.  Full moon, snow on the ground and a squad of infantry in a Huey with the doors open and a strap across the doorway.  We could look up and see that full moon, look down and see the tree shadows getting shorter and then longer as their position relative to the moon changed due to our flight direction/speed/altitude.  And when the pilot turned that thing on its slide I'd be sitting on my ass, holding on to my M14 and looking almost straight down at the tree tops one a few feet below me.  Haven't forgot that ride either.  Didn't even notice that cold winter air coming in the door on me.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 8:02:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 8:03:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Used to work closely with the little orange ones. Everytime I got dressed up in my baked potato suit and watched them lift off I was always a little bit afraid they weren't going to come back. But they had a job to do. Once we launched them at max fuel range outside of normal parameters at night to go aid some guys on a fishing boat who were having a bad time because of an ammonia leak. We ran the ship at full speed to hopefully give them someplace to abort of something went bad. Was glad to have that little orange guy back home when it was all over. There was that one time we got the "now expedite the settings of flight quarters condition one standby for possible crash on deck" that really got the blood pumping. Everything was fine and they landed as normal. False alarm in one of the engines.

In California PGE contracted helos have been working overtime checking lines. That's a good thing.

I often see ANG birds doing training on the weekends, it's usually a good show.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Is this OP?  
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#41]
That's some high quality piloting right there.

One of those non-existent black helicopters with the panels on the bottom flew over one of my homes years ago, I flipped him off.
6 moths later I was raided by the North Carolina Bureau of Investigation. Of course the assholes didn't find anything but they did some damage to my house.

NC law enforcement is a bunch of lying asshats.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 8:31:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Do you even Apache, bro?
View Quote
Not anymore...

Also, it's always good when doing aerial gunnery from the crew seats.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 8:39:52 PM EDT
[#44]

If she's flying, your making money.

CSB - I crewed this helicopter when I was younger. She would do 6 - 8 hours a day easy. Flight pay is good.
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 8:46:14 PM EDT
[#45]
Ice Cube - Ghetto Bird (Music Video)
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 8:51:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 8:53:25 PM EDT
[#47]
In this thread we find out who never had a medi-vac  Helo ride
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 8:54:20 PM EDT
[#48]
I imagine if you're in a firefight and they're your air support and evac their presence is greatly appreciated...
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 8:55:45 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
And I guess if you were affluent you could use them as an uber around a big city to really flex on the poors.
View Quote
Bloomberg does IIRC his neighbors were trying to sue him as NYPD refused to do anything about him operating it in times and areas it is not legal
Link Posted: 10/23/2019 9:12:08 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The helicopter tour I took of the grand canyon was pretty awesome
View Quote
Yeah that was pretty cool. I dont like not having access to flight controls though.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top