BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 2:03:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I didn't know anyone in there but it was funny how they were looking at us.  

View Quote
Yeah, that place I went wasn't terribly big,(<200 inmates, and it was under full capacity) was reasonably modern and most everybody from the deputies to the support staff and even the inmates were at least cordial to each other.

Now, another jail I went too was totally different. Way overcrowded(520+ inmates with a capacity of ~450, seriously, people were packed in booking cells for days at a time until bed space became available), very old, with a outdated and unsafe design.

There were some SERIOUS looks that could kill in and about that place from everybody.

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
That's a good size prison, I can't imagine all those tiers stacked up like that.

There's a section of the jail I work at that's vacant, they rent it out for movies and TV Shows.

Link Posted: 1/23/2014 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#3]
FEMA camp
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife's grandad used to work there.  Toward the end of his career, near age 65, he said his eye sight was getting better.  "Because when the shit would start he could see what was happening from farther away"
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 2:35:44 PM EDT
[#5]
My first thought was Walking Dead....and I don't even watch that show.  You could have Roark's Drift on a grander scale against slower targets.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 6:06:50 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife grew up in Jackson about 2 miles from the prison. When my wife was young the chain gang would whistle at her and her sisters. Fun Times!
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:38:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like the place people I know have called "quarantine"
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#8]
wow, that's a pretty sad story of talent gone wasted & a tragic end to life.

in happier news, rumor has it the biggest deer in the state are in eastern Jackson County, MI.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My roommate was incarcerated there in 1989-90 for eighteen months.  He and two of our friends shot some mailboxes with a .22 pistol ( I wrote about it in the 'worst roommates' thread).  One of the bullets went through the window of a house but no one was hit.  One of the friends testified in exchange for a plea deal and got 20 hours of community service.  The other two went to jail.  My roommate got eighteen months at Jackson.  First week there he saw a guy get his testicles sliced off in the showers.  Dave told me he stopped shaving and bathing and wiping his ass to deter rape.  I moved away and never saw him again but kept in touch with a few mutual friends.  He committed suicide in 1993, he'd been a straight-A student in high school ( our valedictorian) and in college.  After he got out he just drank and lived in his folk's house.  Never got his life together after prison.  Not condoning what he did, just amazed how far he fell in life after a supremely stupid mistake.
View Quote

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top