made me laugh..
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 7:47:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 7:50:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Seems dangerous to drill into a gas tank ?
View Quote

Happens all the time.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 7:58:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Not getting through a motorcycle jacket with a taser.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems like that would contraindicate taser usage, no?

Not getting through a motorcycle jacket with a taser.

They have cartridges with extra long darts for things like that.  Also they can apparently penetrate a gas can so a jacket should be no problem.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#6]
The first time I remember reading about gasoline and TASERS was an FBI, LEO Agency message regarding an incident out of New Mexico on a domestic disturbance.  Officers from APD arrived at the scene finding a man at the end of the corridor of a single wide. The suspect had a knife and was uncooperative with officers and not following commands.  The suspect lunged at the officers who literally lit him up with a TASER. Neither officer knew the suspect had doused himself with gasoline.

The flash message was a cautionary warning about deploying a TASER with flammable liquids present.

I always wondered about the WTF just happened event in regards to the officers. I bet the officer’s partner was thinking, “I am sure as fuck glad I didn’t pull the trigger.”
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
In before he sues.....and wins.  
View Quote

Yep. Some fuckin' lawyer is gonna argue that this wouldn't have happened if the cops hadn't tazed him.
Link Posted: 10/22/2022 9:11:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Will a taser barb penetrate a plastic gas can?

Wondering if he didn't have one of those soft sided gas cans like this in his backpack?

https://twistedthrottle.com/shop/luggage/fuel-bottles-and-mounts/desert-fox-overland-gas-bag-6l/
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Sure you can.
We've got video evidence that it went through a back pack and a gasoline can.
View Quote

Those aren't motorcycle jackets. They are made of Kevlar.
Link Posted: 10/25/2022 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They have cartridges with extra long darts for things like that.  Also they can apparently penetrate a gas can so a jacket should be no problem.
View Quote

They are lined with Kevlar.  I used to have blue jeans that were lined with it too for ridding.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top