User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:38:15 AM EDT
[#1]

Yep pretty well done.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:44:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I won’t be able to see it until mid-March. I haven’t been excited to see a movie like this since LOTR.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:46:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Why is the entire movie spoken in breathy whispers?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 12:50:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Tag...may try and see it this weekend.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:35:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Why is the entire movie spoken in breathy whispers?
View Quote

Well, not the entire movie, but if you were being actively hunted by killers and had gigantic death worms attracted to sound living all over your planet, you'd be more whispery too.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:44:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Wish they had Kevin Bacon do a cameo
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:01:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I've been waiting so bad for this movie I'm not going to even lay eyes on any previews.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:02:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Holy shit.

Best movie I have seen in a very long time.  Just unbelievably well done.  There was so much to live up to after the first part and they blew it out of the water.

Go see it.  It's an incredible experience.

View Quote

Agreed.  It's not entirely like the book.  In a lot of ways, it's better.

I told the couple next to me tonight, "I wish these writers were on board for the last two seasons of Game of Thrones.

This is how you do a movie different than the book adaptation.

It ain't perfect by a long stretch.  But it is absolutely worth your time and money.  (Unlike everything else in Hollywood, judging by the previews.  Holy shit, do Ghostbusters 'generic sequel' and the Twister remake look like garbage.)
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:05:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Even better than the first one?

You better not be playing with me, I couldnt take the disappointment.
View Quote

Yes.  And No.  Lady Jessica grew some teeth.  The combat is fucking retarded, but still improved over Herbert.  The story is switched up and pruned.  A lot like the first few seasons of GoT pruned the excess from GRRM's story.  Moreover, they stayed consistent to those changes once they made them.

I'll probably see it again, and I fucking hate Hollywood.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:07:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You're entitled to your opinion.  It's wrong, but you're still entitled to it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was okay.

Lots of wasted time of Chani making angry girl faces that could have been used to expand on the lore.

Walken was a horrible emperor.

Part 1 was the better film.

You're entitled to your opinion.  It's wrong, but you're still entitled to it.

It is different than the book.  But consistent to the changes in the universe DV made in Dune 1. And they work.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:10:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did Zendaya do a decent job of Chani??? She was my biggest criticism of the first one, and she only had like 2 lines....
View Quote

She's better in this one.  She still isn't a great actress, and the preview of the tennis star (her) menage a trois'ing her friends/spouse movie looks completely awful.  But her characterization works here.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:11:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

"Snakes were boring".

Okay, bro.  You are pretty much the only person on earth who is disappointed in the remake.
View Quote

2005 poster. 117 posts.  Where is NorCaLEO?  The world wonders...
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:13:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Only thing that bugs me is the Emperor supposed to look like a man in his 30s. While being in his 70s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I just saw it. Great movie. I think Christopher Walken was a little underutilized but still a great movie.

Only thing that bugs me is the Emperor supposed to look like a man in his 30s. While being in his 70s.

Salusa is supposed to be a Hell-world.  Not where he and Florence Pugh are chillin'...

Shrug.  He wasn't that great. The plot at that point was pretty damn dumb.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 2:15:43 AM EDT
[#14]

They had that spliced into the audience warm-up strips.  Along with the Weapon of Choice video, cut with scenes of Arrakis.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 4:44:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'll wait for it to show up on MAX so I can avoid the morons in the theater.
View Quote

You’re doing it wrong.

This is meant to be seen in theaters.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 4:49:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Snakes were boring".

Okay, bro.  You are pretty much the only person on earth who is disappointed in the remake.

There’s an epidemic of this going on.    Somebody figured out how to make new accounts look old.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:53:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:08:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Just read the first book (1-3). Guess I need to watch the first one, first.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#19]
Not reading this thread in case of spoilers but I have tickets upstairs Saturday at 5:30.

Been waiting on this. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Did Zendaya do a decent job of Chani??? She was my biggest criticism of the first one, and she only had like 2 lines....
View Quote

Her role is expanded too much and she sucks by default so I wouldn't expect much. Bad actress. Imo obviously
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Tag...may try and see it this weekend.
View Quote

I think I am going Sunday afternoon.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:11:46 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm seeing some conflicting recommendations about seeing Dune 2. Some people are saying you HAVE to see Dune before seeing Dune 2. Others are saying the movie is just fine without seeing part 1.

I've seen Part 1 and I love it. One of the best movies in the past 10 years imo. With some creative liberties. I mean nobody tars and feathers Peter Jackson for things he changed or left out of LOTR.

But just curious which was true?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:14:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Youngest son and I just rewatched the first one.  March is going to be busy for us with Dune, Kung Fu Panda 4 and Godzilla x Kong
View Quote

Don't forget Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:31:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Dune 1 was a dud. I assume 2 will be as well.  Just not my taste. Then again,  I wasn't particularly entertained by any of the Star Wars stuff either.
View Quote

I hated 12 Angry Men, but then again I wasn’t entertained by Mea Culpa either.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:41:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Wish they had Kevin Bacon do a cameo
View Quote

LOL, "Yep, Earl was right, they came from outer space."
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I don’t see how one could enjoy Dune 2 without seeing the first one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm seeing some conflicting recommendations about seeing Dune 2. Some people are saying you HAVE to see Dune before seeing Dune 2. Others are saying the movie is just fine without seeing part 1.

I've seen Part 1 and I love it. One of the best movies in the past 10 years imo. With some creative liberties. I mean nobody tars and feathers Peter Jackson for things he changed or left out of LOTR.

I don’t see how one could enjoy Dune 2 without seeing the first one.

Dad and I both saw Dune 1, but there's almost no chance he remembers anything about it so we're going to find out about as scientifically as you can about this sort of thing
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

It would be very confusing without seeing Part 1 or knowing the book.

"Why's this white dude helping space Muslims protect their sand?"
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 5:14:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Worth seeing in IMAX?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I told the couple next to me tonight, "I wish these writers were on board for the last two seasons of Game of Thrones.
It ain't perfect by a long stretch.  But it is absolutely worth your time and money.  (Unlike everything else in Hollywood, judging by the previews.  Holy shit, do Ghostbusters 'generic sequel' and the Twister remake look like garbage.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy shit.
Best movie I have seen in a very long time.  Just unbelievably well done.  There was so much to live up to after the first part and they blew it out of the water.

I saw it last night and this is right. It's not a 1:1 adaptation, but it's about as well done as a film can be. The ranged weapons were neat worldbuilding too.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I 100% agree it was a horrible movie. Way too long, nothing good happened. Snakes were boring, etc. Should have just done a one movie remake. Anything would be better than the original movie. I am so dissappointed in the whole remake!!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Just got back from seeing it in IMAX. I haven’t been to the theater in a couple of years, was beyond excited to go see this one.

Really enjoyed the first movie, I’ve seen it several times at this point. The soundtrack and the visuals were amazing. I wished that I had seen it in IMAX.

I wasn’t as impressed with this offering. Is is still visually striking and well shot? Absolutely. The sound FX in the worm scenes and other places were great.

Overall, I was underwhelmed. Had higher hopes, especially for the Soundtrack.

Click To View Spoiler

I’ll wait for the next one to hit a streaming service
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#33]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I 100% agree it was a horrible movie. Way too long, nothing good happened. Snakes were boring, etc. Should have just done a one movie remake. Anything would be better than the original movie. I am so dissappointed in the whole remake!!!
https://i.imgur.com/AZGFWwh.gif

Yeah I can't take a person's critique seruously from a "Dune fan" point of view when the dude calls shai-hulud "snakes". LOL

The Sandworms are one of the things many fans love most about Dune.

Link Posted: 3/1/2024 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

I wasn't happy w/ the ending. I think Dune Messiah is coming next.  -and- Chani will be taken care of.
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Just saw it in IMAX.

Epic.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 11:20:02 PM EDT
[#36]
The ending drifted into the beginning of book two and changed a few things.

But it was still amazing.  And the music was perfect at every turn.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

She's better in this one.  She still isn't a great actress, and the preview of the tennis star (her) menage a trois'ing her friends/spouse movie looks completely awful.  But her characterization works here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zendaya is a great actress. I didn't think the first one was epic and I know she was barely in it but that girl can act.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:03:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Going in about an hour.  The nice local theater with recliners and a bar!
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#40]
I have tried three times now to watch the first one. Maybe one had to read the book? or is it a guy thing?
Whatever the case may be I give up.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Holy shit.

View Quote

Getting ready to leave for the theater now.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Heard that Gurney's axe solo was left out?  wtf?

Gurney Halleck Plays Baliset For 10 Hours
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 3:28:48 PM EDT
[#43]
^^^ spoilers from in order to answer - go see it.

Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I heard the Sand Worm riding part is amazing
View Quote

Saw it last night. Really enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:15:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Ah, country theaters.  

2 tickets, large popcorn, 2 large drinks. $26

15 min to showtime and only three of us in the whole theater, so my pick of seats.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:24:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Ah, country theaters.  

2 tickets, large popcorn, 2 large drinks. $26

15 min to showtime and only three of us in the whole theater, so my pick of seats.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/49447/IMG_6368_jpeg-3147155.JPG
View Quote

All theaters these days besides opening nights

None the less Enjoy
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 4:39:10 PM EDT
[#47]
I agree it's a great film amd I highly reccomend it.

Go see it, worth the movie theater experience.
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:28:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It was literally scored by Hans fucking Zimmer, the best living film composer there is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Overall, I was underwhelmed. Had higher hopes, especially for the Soundtrack.

It was literally scored by Hans fucking Zimmer, the best living film composer there is.

Which is why I was disappointed! I still think he is a phenomenal composer, I still think the Denis Vellineuve is a great director, but that doesn’t mean that everything they touch has to be gold.

The soundtrack was fine but I just wasn’t captivated by it like I was in the first movie, ergo the higher hopes…
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:30:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/2/2024 5:52:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I dunno, I saw it in a Dolby Atmos theater and thought both the sound design and score were epic.
View Quote

I’m really not trying to sway your opinion, everyone can like what they like. I just don’t have to be impressed only because it was Zimmer.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top