Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:17:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The EPA is trying so desperately to one up the ATF.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:18:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I have finally witnessed the death of good judgement and common sense.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:21:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fuck the EPA.  
View Quote

pretty much this,  they will have one hell of a time trying to ban wood burners.  I have a pot belly I need to put online just because.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:22:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Sometimes a whole shitload of rules,laws,regulations,licenses,etc are because you live in a free country.

I'll keep my woodstove thank you.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:23:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Nothing COC compliant to say.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:23:49 PM EDT
[#7]
It will just make them more expensive and make us tear out more shit to make it serviceable, just like lawnmowers.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:24:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Pre-ban stoves...building a wood/pellet burning stove isn't rocket science
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:24:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

You serious Clark??

The death of good judgement and common sense died a long time ago........
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:25:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It will just make them more expensive and make us tear out more shit to make it serviceable, just like lawnmowers.
View Quote

That or just break out a welder and steel plate. Build your own.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:25:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:27:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
pretty much this,  they will have one hell of a time trying to ban wood burners.  I have a pot belly I need to put online just because.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck the EPA.  

My Grandfather & Grandmother heated their home by a pot belly stove.

I know, I chopped kindling for them to ignite the coal they burned in it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:28:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Trump needs to cut the EPA budget about 60% if they have time and resources to mess with stuff we use all the time.

I think they are about to ruin dishwashers after their assault on hot water heaters.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:28:40 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View Quote
As long as there is steel and welders you are never gonna ban wood stoves.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:29:21 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

My Grandfather & Grandmother heated their home by a pot belly stove.   I know, I chopped kindling for them to ignite the coal they burned in it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck the EPA.  

My Grandfather & Grandmother heated their home by a pot belly stove.   I know, I chopped kindling for them to ignite the coal they burned in it.

My FIL still does

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:29:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You serious Clark??

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You serious Clark??

Not really serious, it dies every day that I watch the news, but this one seems especially derp among all the other minor derp.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:30:52 PM EDT
[#17]
STAY OUTTA MY DAMN BUSINESS!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:31:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank the idiots in the suburbs who want to pretend to be mountain men for this.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:31:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:31:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Trump needs to cut the EPA budget about 60% if they have time and resources to mess with stuff we use all the time.

I think they are about to ruin dishwashers after their assault on hot water heaters.
View Quote

No.

A good President would rescind all administrative actions the EPA has taken and order the EPA to stand down (or disband it entirely).
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:33:39 PM EDT
[#21]
They've been pushing this for years. It's why some older model wood stoves have catalytic com busters in them. It was a quick fix to an EPA created problem.

Thank you Richard Nixon! You really were a Dick.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:33:55 PM EDT
[#22]
My stove was made in Canada about 30 years ago so it must be GTG right?

I have it fired-up now...Fuck you EPA, eat my fine particles.

Quoted:
Thank the idiots in the suburbs who want to pretend to be mountain men for this.
View Quote

Wut?
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:34:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

No.

A good President would rescind all administrative actions the EPA has taken and order the EPA to stand down (or disband it entirely).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Actually this is part of what I would do.   Either revert all regulations to what they were ten years ago and from that justify every regulation.  Better yet...no regulations period.   Congress must pass them as laws.

If I had the choice the Energy Department would be decimated, Education Department disbanded in total and that is just the first few days work.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:34:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Big government knows best. Personally, it should be a state or local government issue.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:34:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I recently picked up a book about building wood stoves . Fuck government overreach
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:35:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Some of the comments on that site... So much derp.. These people love the nany state.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:35:51 PM EDT
[#27]
FEPA
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:37:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Burned four cords already this year as our primary heat. Love it. It's the most efficient way to heat old drafty homes.

Just threw on an extra log. One for the EPA.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Wut?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wut?

I guarantee what kicked this off was some dude living near some EPA bigwig who was burning green wood during the spring or something, leaving a nice haze in the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:39:02 PM EDT
[#30]
The claws of the KGB are long, sharp and far reaching.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:39:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Actually this is part of what I would do.   Either revert all regulations to what they were ten years ago and from that justify every regulation.  Better yet...no regulations period.   Congress must pass them as laws.

If I had the choice the Energy Department would be decimated, Education Department disbanded in total and that is just the first few days work.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

If I were President, I would lock all Department heads / Secretaries in a conference room with me. We would all have MRE's to eat and cots should we need rest. We would stay in that room for no more than two weeks. In that time they would need to convince me of each and every aspect, rule, procedure, or policy of their agency/department that merits saving. Anything that did not convince me and get recorded would be eliminated. Anyone that tries to escape the room before all decisions were made would be fired and their department/agency eliminated.

No smart phones. No internet access. No assistants. Nothing but unwashed and hungry government lackeys being forced to defend their kingdoms or lose them entirely.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:40:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

Reagan ran on getting rid of the Dept of Education.......

I would love to live long enough to see the federal government shrink.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:42:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm unsure how we can sustain a huge bloated government when the dollar dies.  It may just happen soon but there will be other consequences as well (not related to a shrinking government).
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:44:46 PM EDT
[#34]
And does this apply to the outdoor-type systems too?  I thought I heard it did.

Also what exactly are they adding to these more efficient models?  A scrubber of some type or catayslt or just trying make them burn hotter?

Just talking to a local restaurant owner the other day about his pizza oven and fireplace built out of recycled stone from 7 old chimneys...
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:45:26 PM EDT
[#35]
I have my 1984 Hutch Rebel insert cooking right now at 500 degrees. I'm toasty! Burning Ash - that's fairly clean wood.

I was thinking about picking up a wood burning stove at Tractor Supply when they go on clearance, now I know I will.

Fook you EPA!!
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:46:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Time yet?  My ammo pile is getting too big.

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:47:01 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I'm against government mandates like this.  However, when I get the secondary combustion going on my new Pacific Energy insert, it burns hotter and slower than the old Buck Stove that it replaced.  In other words, the emissions reduction technology actually does make it heat better and wood lasts longer.

But it should be a choice, not a requirement.

View Quote
Yes, modern stoves and inserts burn clean.  But only when proper wood is burned properly.  It is still possible to make smoke..education is a must.

I discovered the top down fire starting method which eliminates most startup smoke.  All wood.  Ash juniper is my go to starting wood and plenty kindling is on hand to restart the fire or get the insert to operating temp.  

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:47:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I guarantee what kicked this off was some dude living near some EPA bigwig who was burning green wood during the spring or something, leaving a nice haze in the neighborhood.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wut?

And your point is?

I can walk out back and see at least four other homes with wood smoke coming out of their chimneys right now and I live in a town 60 miles west of DC.  
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#39]
If I ever build a place, I'd love to design a good rocket stove into it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:49:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Guess whose fucktard governor started chirping about this recently?

I swear to all that is holy, Malloy has Jugear's hand up his ass and uses CT as a petri dish for his commie central planning policies...

Do you want a black market? Because this is how you get a black market.

FTEPA
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:49:52 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm burning a tire the day it goes into effect. Fuck the EPA.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:50:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

And we still should. Most dumbasses, or liberals, don't know that the dept of edu was founded in 1979 by the incompetent loser Carter, and has been a burden on education since.  Fuck Carter, fuck the Dept of Edu, fuck the EPA and FBHO.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:51:52 PM EDT
[#43]
LOL Let it burn!
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:54:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Some of my wife's family has essentially closed down their outside wood burning stove business because of this decision.  They have known about it for a while and no senator or representative seemed to care or was shocked to find out it was even happening.  They will continue to sell parts and service the stoves but no additional new sales.  Keep in mind that the outside wood stoves will heat your house and domestic hot water, greatly cutting your utility cost.  Why do you think the government is against this?  Simple, they are not able to tax wood.
Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:55:34 PM EDT
[#45]
WILL NOT COMPLY!

Link Posted: 1/27/2016 11:58:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Fuck the EPA.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:00:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Time to start neckbearding wood burning stoves!!!

I wonder what a preban stove will go for?
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:00:32 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck the EPA.  

The new rules don't affect existing stoves, just new production.  It's like pre-ban toilets; if you have one, make sure you keep it.

Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:01:13 AM EDT
[#49]
They want my stove?
Logs first!

Okay, so it doesnt sound as bad ass.
Still can't touch this... 'Cause it's hot.

Seriously though, what the fuck are they thinking?
When's my free toyo and lifetime supply of on-site oil being delivered?

If I don't burn wood. I freeze. Simple.
Link Posted: 1/28/2016 12:01:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Utah Department of Environmental Quality has proposed a ban on wood burning between November 1 and March 15 for several counties around Salt Lake City

Sure that makes sense.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top