Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That is what I have been thinking.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is a chance this was planned...just like the "clean-up".

Who would do a controlled burn unless they wanted to spread the dangerous chemicals?

It all sounds intentional.

That is what I have been thinking.
Because its legit safer and less damaging then letting the cars blow up?  The people that live nearby presumably would prefer to not have their houses leveled?

The combustion products of Vinyl Chloride being relatively mild, dispersed over a larger area was the better choice, just like it was in the 1982 situation.

Interesting picture that I hadn't seen yet with the cars labeled:

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:36:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Because its legit safer and less damaging then letting the cars blow up?  The people that live nearby presumably would prefer to not have their houses leveled?

The combustion products of Vinyl Chloride being relatively mild, dispersed over a larger area was the better choice, just like it was in the 1982 situation.

https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2023/03/01/02-21-23-norfolk-southern-removal-uao---signature-1-508checked-77_custom-4ad93bb8319c7fe1b51de3b17bd16074302a5211-s800-c85.webp
View Quote

Interesting pic, I haven't seen that before either.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 2:37:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Don’t worry. The EPA chief that was out there because of some reason other than competency will handle it.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 3:23:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media.npr.org/assets/img/2023/03/01/02-21-23-norfolk-southern-removal-uao---signature-1-508checked-77_custom-4ad93bb8319c7fe1b51de3b17bd16074302a5211-s800-c85.webp

There's some reasonably good information out there on the EPA website that lists what happened to each car.  For example, COCX 287059, had the outside burned but the cargo was intact.  Which is good, because some fuel additives are kinda nasty.  

Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:35:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
From a article I just found

“She also said no visible waste was released into nearby streams.” In regards to this
View Quote

oh, well no problem then nevermind.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:44:29 PM EDT
[#7]
EPA said is fine.  Nothing to see here.
Link Posted: 3/6/2023 6:50:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There's some reasonably good information out there on the...some fuel additives are kinda nasty.  

View Quote

There's also a lot of good info that it's not...
Wanna place a bet?
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top