BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:07:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I support this in a big way.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
They're going to have to buy their pipe lube and drain plugs somewhere else.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Smokers are banned from employment or health plan premiums can be jacked up because of tobacco usage?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sorta brain dead. Really!
But is there much difference from banning smokers in the store vs banning gay people from the store?

Smokers aren't banned from places AFAIK - the act of smoking is banned.

I'm willing to bet sexual acts are banned - either homosexual or heterosexual acts.

Smokers are banned from employment, not just the act on property.

Just like gays, smokers aren't a protected class by federal law.

Smokers are banned from employment or health plan premiums can be jacked up because of tobacco usage?

Yes.
Edit
I can't wait until homo behavior is classified as high risk group for insurance purpose. Much higher diseas and health risk.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Find me anything inthe us constitution that prevents free expression and practice of store keeper religion.

Gays aren't a protected class. But that's their next goal. They've already said it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jeff Amyx, who owns Amyx Hardware & Roofing Supplies in Grainger County, added the 'No Gays Allowed' sign because gay and lesbian couples are against his religion.

Amyx, who is also a baptist minister, said he realized Monday morning that homosexual people are not afraid to stand for what they believe in. He said it showed him that Christian people should be brave enough to stand for what they believe in.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/claiborne-hancock-grainger-union/2015/06/30/store-puts-up-no-gays-allowed-sign-after-same-sex-marriage-ruling/29497621/

Not for too much longer.

Even if he is fined or put in jailed for his convictions, he will still have more honor than those who tried to force him to compromise his belief.

Find me any Bible verse which tells Christians to refuse to do business with any sinners, especially homosexuals. Feel free to use Google, Bing, or whatever search engine you wish.

Find me anything inthe us constitution that prevents free expression and practice of store keeper religion.

Gays aren't a protected class. But that's their next goal. They've already said it.

If you read the thread, you'll have noticed I said pretty much the same thing early on in it.

The person I quoted, however, intimated that it was against the store owner's religious beliefs to do business with homosexuals. Even I, an atheist, know that there is nothing in the Bible which say it is wrong to do business with sinners. Selling a sinner some lumber or some nails isn't condoning their sin; it's earning some money, which leads to profit, which leads to tithing in the collection plate of a devout Christian's local church.

The part-time pastor/hardware store owner in the linked article was doing nothing more than grandstanding, in an effort to draw attention to himself and make known his displeasure at the SCOTUS' decision. What he wasn't doing was living up to the ideals espoused within the book he so publicly states is the guide for how he lives his life. Allegedly, Jesus Christ, himself, hung out, dined, and traveled with prostitutes, thieves, and other ne'er-do-wells. What He reportedly didn't do was refuse to have dealings with them, which would have denied Him the opportunity to witness to them and show them why His plan was better than their own. After all, isn't one of Christ's commandments for the new church to witness to sinners, in order for them to realize the errors or their ways, to repent, and to accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior? It's kind of hard to follow that instruction if you're telling those sinners to stay as far away from you as possible.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:31:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
From a business standpoint, he just made a dumb move.
View Quote

Did he dun goofed?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:31:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't lecture me on Christ. My beliefs, my religion as I see fit, that's between me and God.

Homo is wrong and I cannot be forced to accept it into my house or business or property.

This is still the USA.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:37:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Segregation was forced by the government there chief slow down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
His store, his rules.

We had that once. It lead to things like segregation. I guess a hardware store isn't life or death, but what if a hospital or a pharmacy denied service to gays, blacks, gun owners, etc? Is it still "their place, their rules"? If you can't rationalize refusing medical treatment of a person, you can't rationalize not selling them a wing nut.

hahaha - yeah, NONE of the stores who had segregated sections did so on their own before the laws? It was the evil government forcing them? Jesus, read a book. Segregation and systematic discrimination was the norm and laws were passed to keep that system in place.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:39:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don't lecture me on Christ. My beliefs, my religion as I see fit, that's between me and God.

Homo is wrong and I cannot be forced to accept it into my house or business or property.

This is still the USA.
View Quote

You don't want gays in your store, I don't care.

You wanna use Christ to justify it, I'm gonna call you out on it every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:40:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
His store, his rules.

We had that once. It lead to things like segregation. I guess a hardware store isn't life or death, but what if a hospital or a pharmacy denied service to gays, blacks, gun owners, etc? Is it still "their place, their rules"? If you can't rationalize refusing medical treatment of a person, you can't rationalize not selling them a wing nut.

Grrrrrr.... damn government. Those Southerners just wanted to welcome their black brothers and sisters.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 10:46:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You wanna use Christ to justify it, I'm gonna call you out on it every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is still the USA.

Go right ahead. Me and Him are just fine. You can't harm my relationship with God. You just can't.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:04:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

His store, his rules.

If it gets out, is deemed unpopular, and people boycott his store because of that, that is just the free market at work.

However, I suspect those that preach the loudest about "tolerance of different views" are the ones who also scream the loudest at having legal action taken against him.
View Quote

He's going to win no matter what happens.

He'll get more business -- which will be good for his hardware store -- or he'll get hounded by out-of-town gays and become a martyr to his congregation -- which will be good for his preaching career.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:07:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Are gays a protected class in Tennessee?  If not, he should be fine and the public will decide if his bigotry will affect his business.

If they are a protected class in his state, what he is doing is against the law and he needs to either conform to the law or become a private club.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:12:31 PM EDT
[#13]
His store, his rulez.

"We'll have a gay old time" banning gays.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:14:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

This is still the USA.
View Quote

Depending on your state,  you could be wrong on the one in red.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:15:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Rev Al will be right on this I'm sure.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:15:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Jeff Amyx, who owns Amyx Hardware & Roofing Supplies in Grainger County, added the 'No Gays Allowed' sign because gay and lesbian couples are against his religion.

Amyx, who is also a baptist minister, said he realized Monday morning that homosexual people are not afraid to stand for what they believe in. He said it showed him that Christian people should be brave enough to stand for what they believe in.

http://www.wbir.com/story/news/local/claiborne-hancock-grainger-union/2015/06/30/store-puts-up-no-gays-allowed-sign-after-same-sex-marriage-ruling/29497621/
View Quote

He may think himself brave, but that dumb fuck is playing right into their hands. The Gay Mafia couldn;t ask for a better gift than what he just gave them,

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:19:26 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

His store, his rules.

What if you can rationalize it?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:22:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is still the USA.

But I am not wrong. It would be the state that is wrong. Read what I posted again.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:22:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

This is still the USA.
View Quote

Not a homo supporter, but wouldn't a Christian -- in the true spirit of Christianity -- welcome anyone into their home?

Sometimes I think Christians are Christianity's worst enemies.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:27:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Go right ahead. Me and Him are just fine. You can't harm my relationship with God. You just can't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is still the USA.

Lol you have a relationship with yourself, not God.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:28:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes, cuz Grainger TN is a hot bed for homosexual activity.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hope he's ok going out of business...

The guy is a social dinosaur, putting that sign up is analogous to having a "no blacks" sign. His business, his rules and all aside, I hope he's prepared for early retirement and possible lawsuits.

Yes, cuz Grainger TN is a hot bed for homosexual activity.

They all live in Johnson city out east, no joke.

They just like the name.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:29:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

He may think himself brave, but that dumb fuck is playing right into their hands. The Gay Mafia couldn;t ask for a better gift than what he just gave them,

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, and the uber-religious types are too blinded by their sanctimonious righteousness to see that the tide is turning against them in this Country and that doing something like this is going to end up costing them deeply. Despite how you misinterpret the teachings in your book, you can't use it as a shield from behind which you can discriminate against people. The simple fact of the matter is, it's only a matter of time before discrimination based on sexual orientation or identification is illegal.

And, even if discrimination based on sexual preference isn't illegal, once you use your religious beliefs as the basis for your argument, you have begun making the argument that you are discriminating against them because they don't have the same religious beliefs as you. And, guess what, folks, discriminating against someone because their religious views differ from your own is illegal discrimination.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:39:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This is still the USA.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:40:50 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Read a book. Sexual attraction isn't a choice. I guess you can decide to have sex or not, but the number of straight sexual sinners coming into that store beats the gays at least 10 to 1.

Would celibate gays be ok?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hope he's ok going out of business...

The guy is a social dinosaur, putting that sign up is analogous to having a "no blacks" sign. His business, his rules and all aside, I hope he's prepared for early retirement and possible lawsuits.
The two are not comparable. There is a difference between being singled out by the color you are born with, and the conscious choice of who you fuck, and what sex you choose to be. How homosexuality can be considered a civil right is so beyond fucked up it makes you realize how far we have morally fallen as a society. How can one man fucking another man in the ass be a protected class? Let me answer that for you, it shouldn't be. Now, those that openly protest homosexuality as an affront to their religion, will cause them to be classified as bigots, and hate mongers. Objecting to homosexuality will result in far reaching consequences that will result in social, civil, and possibly even criminal retaliation. The SCOTUS has just taken the First Amendment of The United States Constitution, and shit on it.

Read a book. Sexual attraction isn't a choice. I guess you can decide to have sex or not, but the number of straight sexual sinners coming into that store beats the gays at least 10 to 1.

Would celibate gays be ok?

Bullshit! That dog  just don't hunt. Any book that states attraction isn't a choice was written by someone with an agenda. We have ultimate mental control over our choices, and sexual attraction is an emotional & physical choice. You are about to read why your theory just went to shit, along with that
of all the books you've read, and have been written on the subject. Here goes, using your logic; A pedophile cannot control their choice to have sex with children, so I guess that's alright because sexual attraction isn't a choice.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:41:00 PM EDT
[#25]
As I read this thread I realize not many people have been outside mom's basement. Everyone outside East TN hears "East TN" and thinks Knoxville. There are places in east tn pretty damn far from Knox.

FYI... Knoxville is in East TN, in North East TN (about 2 hrs away, yes you can drive 2 hours north of Knox and still be in tn) you have the tri-cities. Johnson City, Kingsport, and Bristol.

JC is there for a military hospital and has more private practice doctors than Memphis has Title Loan places (that's a lot).

Kingsport exists for Eastman Chemical, it smells like it, the snow glows in the dark

Nobody knows why Bristol is there, good shopping and a circle track?

Of all the tri cities JC has the most gay people. They think they have a lot, comparatively its a handful.

To Bristol and Kingsport, JC is a big city. JC gets a lot of influence from Asheville NC so the hippies and the gays are increasing. Few people up there (these cities are mountain/hill cities) like anything or anyone different. This includes blacks, gays, Asians, etc. The only thing "new" from the past 80 years that they like is meth. Boy does that region love meth, if you ever need to unload some Claritin D or Draino you get premium pricing up there.

If you go up there and hate and rebel against everything new, you'll fit right in.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:47:18 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Not a homo supporter, but wouldn't a Christian -- in the true spirit of Christianity -- welcome anyone into their home?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is still the USA.

A Christian wouldn't welcome the devil in their home. In many beliefs sinners are enticed by the devil to commit their acts of sin, that's tantamount to allowing the devil into their home, community, etc... Once again another argument that doesn't hold water. I'm not even a religious person and I support their right to choose who they serve. This is not about race, this is about immoral pleasure, and sexual deviance.
We all get riled up when people start fucking with our 2A rights, why do many of you disparage Christians because they feel their 1A rights are being infringed upon?

Last time I checked, two guys taking the Hershey highway, or two girls having a clam bake, isn't a right protected by our Constitution.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:47:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is still the USA.

I dunno where to start.

We are a Christian household, have a lock on our front door, and pick and choose who gets in.
Christianity doesn't mean we have to become brainless suckers.  Dunno whether to be flattered or irritated by your idea.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:50:56 PM EDT
[#28]
I don't care.  People should be able to refuse to do business with anyone, for any reason.  To me, it's nothing more than a business decision.  A poor business decision, but still just a business decision.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:51:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

A Christian wouldn't welcome the devil in their home. In many beliefs sinners are enticed by the devil to commit their acts of sin, that's tantamount to allowing the devil into their home, community, etc... Once again another argument that doesn't hold water. I'm not even a religious person and I support their right to choose who they serve. This is not about race, this is about immoral pleasure, and sexual deviance.

We all get riled up when people start fucking with our 2A rights, why do many of you disparage Christians because they feel their 1A rights are being infringed upon?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is still the USA.

Lol all humans are sinners, therefore all humans are bringing the devil into your home.

You're free to believe what you want. I'm free to ridicule it.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 11:58:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Last time I checked, two guys taking the Hershey highway, or two girls having a clam bake, isn't a right protected by our Constitution.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is still the USA.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness...

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:03:57 AM EDT
[#31]
While I don't give a rats ass about what some gay couple does I am getting damn tired of all the awareness crap they force feed our society! A lot of the blame is the media who can't seem to quit talking about. what you do in your own home that doesn't affect anyone else is your business.

In my small part of the world I think I know 2 guys and two girls who lean this way and they are decent folks who are near as normal socially as anyone else. They certainly don't dress or act any different in public than anyone else.

Would I do business with them, yes. However if you come in all flagrant and demanding special treatment regardless of whether your straight, queer, tranny, or whatever else I would pass on serving you, hell yes. Sue me if you want but at the end of the day I will do right by my faith which I believe defines marriage is one man and one woman.

Treat me right and I will treat you the same.

With one exception, I think Bruce Jenner should have just remained Bruce the Olympic Champion!
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:14:52 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

He doesn't think he's brave.  He rightly believes that the general anti-gay marriage crowd will be dumb enough to give him extra business to support him, even though no gays are going to go to his store anyway.  He might as well ban Eskimos from his store.  It's bullshit.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:15:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I dunno where to start.

We are a Christian household, have a lock on our front door, and pick and choose who gets in.
Christianity doesn't mean we have to become brainless suckers.  Dunno whether to be flattered or irritated by your idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is still the USA.

I dunno where to start.

A guy shows up at your front door and says, "Hi, I'm gay, and I would like to come inside and make note of your valuables."

You would do what any sane person would do.

Another guy shows up and says "I'm gay, I just got in a car accident, I think I broke my arm, the rain is freezing cold, and I need help."

What would you do? I know what you would do.

So if you don't know whether to be flattered or irritated, be flattered.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:16:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is still the USA.

That only applies to those who derive their happiness from sources approved by traditional, conservative, Christians.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:26:26 AM EDT
[#35]
I wonder if there are any gay businesses that covertly discriminate against certain segments of straight society by putting overtly exclusionary signs on their business doors?
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:31:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
As I read this thread I realize not many people have been outside mom's basement. Everyone outside East TN hears "East TN" and thinks Knoxville. There are places in east tn pretty damn far from Knox.

FYI... Knoxville is in East TN, in North East TN (about 2 hrs away, yes you can drive 2 hours north of Knox and still be in tn) you have the tri-cities. Johnson City, Kingsport, and Bristol.

JC is there for a military hospital and has more private practice doctors than Memphis has Title Loan places (that's a lot).

Kingsport exists for Eastman Chemical, it smells like it, the snow glows in the dark

Nobody knows why Bristol is there, good shopping and a circle track?

Of all the tri cities JC has the most gay people. They think they have a lot, comparatively its a handful.

To Bristol and Kingsport, JC is a big city. JC gets a lot of influence from Asheville NC so the hippies and the gays are increasing. Few people up there (these cities are mountain/hill cities) like anything or anyone different. This includes blacks, gays, Asians, etc. The only thing "new" from the past 80 years that they like is meth. Boy does that region love meth, if you ever need to unload some Claritin D or Draino you get premium pricing up there.

If you go up there and hate and rebel against everything new, you'll fit right in.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:31:52 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That only applies to those who derive their happiness from sources approved by traditional, conservative, Christians.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Founding Fathers, Christian and non-Christian alike, would disagree with your simplistic and myopic understanding.

Read some history and learn about Washington's, Jefferson's and Franklin's religious beliefs. They were not anti-Christian, but they were certainly not Christians.

Christians like to CLAIM them as their own, but they were self-proclaimed Deists.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:34:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The Founding Fathers, Christian and non-Christian alike, would disagree with your simplistic and myopic understanding.

Read some history and learn about Washington's, Jefferson's and Franklin's religious beliefs. They were not anti-Christian, but they were certainly not Christians.

Christians like to CLAIM them as their own, but they were self-proclaimed Deists.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was being sarcastic, by the way. (If you'd read my earlier posts in this thread, I admitted to being an atheist.)
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:37:59 AM EDT
[#39]
His store, his rules...

Won't work that way though... they'll get to him somehow.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:39:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I was being sarcastic, by the way. (If you'd read my earlier posts in this thread, I admitted to being an atheist.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry, I saw that but didn't connect it to your username. Forgive me for being pedantic.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:39:46 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote

Maybe, maybe not.

But like it or not, this is the kind of thing that will backfire during an election year. You can put forth the best candidate that exists, but they will be linked to things like this. That will get more attention than anything that candidate has to say.

But I guess if it makes GD feel good at the moment it's all worth it in the longrun.

You know, the longrun that hillary will be president of.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:41:49 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
His store, his rules.

No, the government prohibiting free association at gunpoint led to segregation.  Let's keep the record straight here.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:41:52 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

His store, his rules.

If it gets out, is deemed unpopular, and people boycott his store because of that, that is just the free market at work.

However, I suspect those that preach the loudest about "tolerance of different views" are the ones who also scream the loudest at having legal action taken against him.
View Quote

All that.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:41:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Sorry, I saw that but didn't connect it to your username. Forgive me for being pedantic.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No problem.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:42:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:46:13 AM EDT
[#46]
Grainger County, TN Who has been there?
His store, his rules.
There maybe two gay people in the whole county and they are still in the closet.
It's all backwoods hill country people and he will gain business by posting this sign not lose it.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:46:21 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I agree, unfortunately I don't think this will end well for him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Eh, think he's stupid to turn down business, but I think it should be his right to do so.

I agree, unfortunately I don't think this will end well for him.

It won't end well for the country during the next campaign season. All the people that think or hope that there is a backlash and a swelling of opposition are going to find out that all the blowhards yapping on the media right now are basically proving what the media has said about the republicans all along.

That's all that will be remembered. Unless the economy totally falls apart by then but the republicans will be blamed for that, after all, they have the majority. Of course they've green stamped obamas policies so I guess the blame will pretty much be justified.

But go ahead. Enjoy your moment.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:47:10 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Maybe. Allot of publicity and depending on the neighborhood it could boost business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe. Allot of publicity and depending on the neighborhood it could boost business.

Which will make my scenario all the more likely.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:47:18 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:49:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Bullshit! That dog  just don't hunt. Any book that states attraction isn't a choice was written by someone with an agenda. We have ultimate mental control over our choices, and sexual attraction is an emotional & physical choice. You are about to read why your theory just went to shit, along with that of all the books you've read, and have been written on the subject. Here goes, using your logic; A pedophile cannot control their choice to have sex with children, so I guess that's alright because sexual attraction isn't a choice.

View Quote

Attraction does equal action.

When did you make a conscious decision that you are a heterosexual male attracted to brunettes with small tits & a large ass?
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top