BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:45:22 AM EDT
[#1]
lol...
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:50:18 AM EDT
[#2]
God that thing is ugly, and I like "boxy" (i.e. "not round") car designs.  I'm sure he'll sell millions of them though.  The regular Teslas are all ugly and people can't seem to get enough of them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Another truck that can’t do truck stuff…

Not for me, but I’m sure a lot of folks want one.

An Aztek had sex with a Delorean - not loving, sensual sex either… something brutal and degrading that involved blood and feces- and this was the product.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:05:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I've never understood the appeal of that thing.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:15:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Saw one in the wild yesterday, not too far from their factory outside Austin.
View Quote
What was your gut impression?
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:27:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Elon Musk has a problem discerning between reality and video games.

Sorry Elon, as much as you want it to be, life is not a CGI video game.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:33:15 AM EDT
[#7]
It might be odd looking, but it also has the most reservations of any car ever produced.

Its estimated between 1-2million reservations. People are tracking this off their reservation numbers that are in sequence. No way to tell the cancellations though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Could be that truck is ugly as fuck
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:38:40 AM EDT
[#9]
That article is spinning the story a whole lot worse than Elon’s point.

His point is don’t expect the next earnings reports to get a boost from the CT.  Having lived on the production floor for the S, 3 and Y rollouts, he know what to expect.  They will get it going but it’s going to take 12-18 months of hard work.

As for styling, I don’t get it either.  Apparently over a million people do enough to put money down.

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:39:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I can’t wait to troll GD with my day 1 preorder Cybertruck.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Oh look, masked idiots drooling over an idiotic truck.  

The damn thing is a turd.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27564/IMG_8527_jpeg-2997823.JPG
View Quote
They should have made the sides of the bed flat like a regular truck.  Just make that angle more acute and only take up a few inches.  Then restart the angles for the tailgate.

I don't own a truck but every time I have helped someone do something useful with one, the flat bed sides were used.  Getting things in and out of that truck will be much more difficult with that long slope like that.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 8:46:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Unlike the truck, TSLA @220 is looking attractive.
View Quote

If you like it at $220, you're gonna love it <$200.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:27:03 AM EDT
[#13]
It looks like it could be made with a sheet metal brake from nose to tail.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:28:34 AM EDT
[#14]
also he got too political with X, kills business from the libtards buying his shit, and Gov't contracts with Space X.

Plus his Teslas are looking old and dated. ICE FTW

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:35:22 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Isn't Rivian losing like $30k on every vehicle, and Ford a similar number on the F150 Lightning?

Attention product development people who may be reading ARFCOM:
When you see a thread on ARFCOM and people are professing their interest in a specific type of vehicle and suggesting they would "Buy one today" if you made this specialty vehicle, know this, most of those people have never even paid their own electric bill or bought any new vehicles, and they won't buy yours either.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:36:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The dumbest thing I've ever seen from that entrepreneur by far.
View Quote

You must not know many then
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:43:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
What was your gut impression?
View Quote
I saw a few on a car hauler last month.  
1:  No proportion of that truck looks correct.  Everything just looks off.

2: That stainless steel bodywork will be impossible to keep clean, and will look like shit.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:47:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Unlike the truck, TSLA @220 is looking attractive.
View Quote

I play Tesla volatility like a violin.

I sold off 200 shares a couple weeks ago and with this dip I was able to buy 240.

TSLA is like a gift that keeps on giving…
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:47:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Elon Musk has a problem discerning between reality and video games.

Sorry Elon, as much as you want it to be, life is not a CGI video game.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:49:09 AM EDT
[#21]
It's a big red flag when he talked about how tough it is but hasn't entered one in any off-road races.

A couple years ago someone did the Baja 1000 in a stock Raptor.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:52:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Isn't Rivian losing like $30k on every vehicle, and Ford a similar number on the F150 Lightning?

Attention product development people who may be reading ARFCOM:
When you see a thread on ARFCOM and people are professing their interest in a specific type of vehicle and suggesting they would "Buy one today" if you made this specialty vehicle, know this, most of those people have never even paid their own electric bill or bought any new vehicles, and they won't buy yours either.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:56:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That thing looks like an El Camino fucked a DeLorean
View Quote

funny because its true
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#24]
CT is ugly but they will sell a ton of them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:03:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Dude needs to take it easy on the bong. Ugliest truck ever.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:05:30 AM EDT
[#26]
What is it about the Cybertruck that is so new and advanced? If it was just a tesla in a truck skin doesn't seem like it would be a huge challenge. So there must be something new?
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#27]
When the CT concept was revealed to the public, I just assumed it was a joke.

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
It might be odd looking, but it also has the most reservations of any car ever produced.

Its estimated between 1-2million reservations. People are tracking this off their reservation numbers that are in sequence. No way to tell the cancellations though.
View Quote

A $100 refundable deposit 4 years ago on a truck that was supposed to cost $39(?)k in a booming economy with low interest rates.....
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:25:01 AM EDT
[#29]
That is one ugly truck.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:57:52 AM EDT
[#30]

Circus stunt with a stripped out body mounted to jig. ALL the underpinnings were missing.

"But muh Elon put a car in to space!"

No. No he did not.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:08:01 PM EDT
[#31]
i used to say as long as it is done without my money, do what you want, but then the government ran out of my money as a subsidy and then my kids and grandkids future taxes.  now all i see are piles of corruption driven by my neighboring slaves of the state, but I get to look at myself in the rearview mirror with a special level of self loathing and regret, keeping in mind that the acolytes of the new-old religion wont stop until it costs me $10 a gallon to be "free".
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:12:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Circus stunt with a stripped out body mounted to jig. ALL the underpinnings were missing.

No. No he did not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No. No he did not.

I'm not sure how that makes that initial Falcon Heavy launch any less impressive.  That was a pretty amazing moment in time.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:14:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wait till they find out stainless steel still oxidizes and the least scratch is going to stand out since it's against the grain of the steel and can't be painted/filled in.

A major ding would require a panel replacement I'm guessing if they make that available. Sounds cheap, or you could fit and weld it yourself which again sounds cheap.
View Quote

I predict a lot of these will get wrapped.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:16:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The Rivian is a much more innovative truck vehicle that the general public isn’t repulsed by.
View Quote

I see a lot of these around here.  They are not bad looking.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:17:57 PM EDT
[#35]
The idea had potential, but the tech just isn't there yet.

Despite GD's hatred of EVs, electric motors outperform ICE.  The problem isn't the motor though, it's powering it, and that's where EVs fail.  Battery tech just isn't where it needs to be for EVs to succeed.  The significantly higher power consumption these trucks have only make that matter worse.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:20:51 PM EDT
[#36]
The F150 is one of the highest volume sellers in personal vehicles.  Why wouldn't Tesla partner with Ford and get it done?  I can see pretty quickly how this would benefit both companies.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I see a lot of these around here.  They are not bad looking.
View Quote
the front with the oval lights is ghey. make it look a little more rigged

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:23:52 PM EDT
[#38]
It’s a great counter to the “all vehicles look alike” complaint.  You’re damn sure not going to lose it in a parking lot.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I thinkit'd be cool to see a few of them rolling around my AO, just becasue they are so Ugly/odd.  But I don't want to see as many of them as F150s or Sierras..
Are they actually Stainless Steel, or just made too look like it?

I wonder what they would look like painted?
I googled and SS can be painted.  Maybe a bit of a hassle, but not impossible.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:26:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I've never understood the appeal of that thing.
View Quote
A golf cart that appeals to guy who 'likes the look' of a truck, but don't actually use it as one.

Think 'rugged' transsexual.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:27:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The F150 is one of the highest volume sellers in personal vehicles.  Why wouldn't Tesla partner with Ford and get it done?  I can see pretty quickly how this would benefit both companies.
View Quote

As Tesla’s success story is being written into economics books, we’ll see a chapter on Elon’s resistance to relying on union labor. What we’re seeing with strikes and parts availability with Ford is a good example of what not to do. Part of being a visionary genius is to challenge the status quo and the way we’ve done things in the past.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:27:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I'm not sure how that makes that initial Falcon Heavy launch any less impressive.  That was a pretty amazing moment in time.
View Quote

And even more important, Falcon Heavy launches fairly regularly. At less than half the price of a Delta IV.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:27:32 PM EDT
[#43]
VIN decoder just went live...omg omg omg..

https://twitter.com/greggertruck/status/1715374766226657735?t=XZ_lXfvMlCOH1soszkcCqQ&s=19

No Plaid Quad motor..fuck...it's 2 motor or the 3 motor Performance..I got my 3 reservations in for the Tri motor right after it hit the stage in 2019. Who doesn't want a 1100 hp/1100 Tq rocket??
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I thinkit'd be cool to see a few of them rolling around my AO, just becasue they are so Ugly/odd.  But I don't want to see as many of them as F150s or Sierras..

View Quote

I think wraps will be more popular than painting.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:32:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Oh look, masked idiots drooling over an idiotic truck.  

The damn thing is a turd.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27564/IMG_8527_jpeg-2997823.JPG
View Quote

That will sell millions.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
GD hating it just means sales will exceed expectations and crush the competition.
I'm rooting for him.
View Quote

It's amusing seeing losers who live in basements  on the internet say how they are so much smarter than Musk whose been involved in so many successful ventures, as they make up shit to explain how none of his success is really his.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:34:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

As Tesla’s success story is being written into economics books, we’ll see a chapter on Elon’s resistance to relying on union labor. What we’re seeing with strikes and parts availability with Ford is a good example of what not to do. Part of being a visionary genius is to challenge the status quo and the way we’ve done things in the past.
View Quote

Tesla can license the plans from Ford for the chassis, and Ford can license the Tesla running gear.  Collaborate and set the boundaries.  "Tesla F-150's will be made in Austin, TX with non-union labor, and here is the revenue split by truck."

Done and done.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Musk has also mentioned tempered steel options

Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It's amusing seeing losers who live in basements  on the internet say how they are so much smarter than Musk whose been involved in so many successful ventures, as they make up shit to explain how none of his success is really his.
View Quote

To be fair those aforementioned losers will say that about anyone or anything that has been a success. Its what they are. They cannot create, they can only tear down the work of others. Musk just happens to be the biggest target right now. Probably because he is one of the teeny tiny handful of very wealthy people on this planet who aren't 100% onboard with the current plans of enslaving the human race into a feudal control grid.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 12:41:16 PM EDT
[#50]
I want my roadster goddammit
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top