BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 9:23:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Actual range of the CT has t been published yet. I wouldn’t use the f150 or rivian as the benchmark either.
View Quote

Gas or diesel is the way...

That said, the styling of the F-150 Lightning or Rivian appeals to this traditionalist more than the CT.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 9:28:11 AM EDT
[#2]
He had similar issues with the early Teslas. It takes a while to get things going and work out the kinks. He knows it but investors are all "gimme gimme" with stock prices and sales.

I like the Tesla Semi look and think they could have used that design language for the truck, kinda like the early Dodge Ram on steroids.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 10:01:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Until you want to pull your camper the nearly 500 miles from Detroit, MI to Lake Superior Provicial Park, Ontario.  Then my gas burner will spend under 1/2 hour making gas stops vs the Tesla's ??? hours.

I bring this up because it is a typical MI vacation profile.  Only 20% of MIs population live N. of US-10.  The other 80% of us pull our campers and boats a few hundred miles on a Friday night to go north for vacation.  I picked LSSP as my destination because it or something similar in N. Ontario is a common destination for me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
5000lb trailer - 300 miles - 30 degrees F

That should be the starting standard for any electric truck.

Careful not to set the bar too high, my 2500 big 3 truck cant do that...but i can fill it up in 5 minutes or less.

You’ll spend far far more time at gas stations with your f150 than a tesla truck will.

Since your gas station will be at your home.

Until you want to pull your camper the nearly 500 miles from Detroit, MI to Lake Superior Provicial Park, Ontario.  Then my gas burner will spend under 1/2 hour making gas stops vs the Tesla's ??? hours.

I bring this up because it is a typical MI vacation profile.  Only 20% of MIs population live N. of US-10.  The other 80% of us pull our campers and boats a few hundred miles on a Friday night to go north for vacation.  I picked LSSP as my destination because it or something similar in N. Ontario is a common destination for me.

“Hours”?

No tesla supercharging does not take hours. The off brand EV’s sometimes do though.

Link Posted: 10/21/2023 10:05:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That said, the styling of the F-150 Lightning or Rivian appeals to this traditionalist more than the CT.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actual range of the CT has t been published yet. I wouldn’t use the f150 or rivian as the benchmark either.

For towing or any kind of hard work, absolutely. We still don’t know really anything about the CT battery size or efficiency. I would expect much better than what has been put out by others, but we’ll see.
Link Posted: 10/21/2023 10:21:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

“Hours”?

No tesla supercharging does not take hours. The off brand EV’s sometimes do though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
5000lb trailer - 300 miles - 30 degrees F

That should be the starting standard for any electric truck.

Careful not to set the bar too high, my 2500 big 3 truck cant do that...but i can fill it up in 5 minutes or less.

You’ll spend far far more time at gas stations with your f150 than a tesla truck will.

Since your gas station will be at your home.

“Hours”?

Supercharging gives 200 miles of range in 15 minutes in an unladen vehicle.  Towing a boat or camper the range for the F-150 Lightning goes from 280 miles to 120 miles.  The trip I laid out is 500 miles that means a minimum of 4 stops to get there. Probably more stops since those 200 miles of range gained through supercharging for 15 minutes gets reduced to under 100 miles while towing.   Are there super chargers in BFE N. Ontario? Nope.  The last one is in Soo Canada... LSPP is 120 miles north of the Soo... So, yes, HOURS...
Link Posted: 11/3/2023 7:10:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top