[#2]
PSA will have a new delivery option, for $67 million dollars  
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

PSA guns and parts dropping from the sky?

Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:28:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
RODS FROM GOD!!!
View Quote
Something more destructive:

Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:33:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
RODS FROM GOD!!!
View Quote

My first thought.

Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Tony Stark
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:37:00 PM EDT
[#7]
That's, "Super Duper!"
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:38:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Awe yissss
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:38:09 PM EDT
[#9]
 Bombs and missiles on a string of 40 or 50  orbiting satellites....

One small step closer to Skynet.

Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Not about kinetic weapons.
The proposed mission is cargo delivery including weapons.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:39:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Good way of dropping 50,000 pounds of something on someone
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:46:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Now how do you get it so that you can drop a 10-30 personnel ready to fuck someone's shit up within an hour?

Like a Benghazi type situation.

Link Posted: 10/9/2020 2:49:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I guess sometimes the Ginsu bomb doesn't send a strong enough message
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Feasible.  I think Low Earth Orbit times are something like 90ish minutes?  Two satellites could easily cover the whole globe.  Weaponizing space in that manner would be a pretty big violation of some of the treaties we have entered into though.  Still a really cool concept though, and Im pretty sure will happen sooner or later.  

That being said, avoid RT articles.  They are basically a propaganda wing of the Russian government.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:07:47 PM EDT
[#15]
It's all fun and games until Elon Musk goes insa......

Nevermind. I didn't say anything.

Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Love me some kinetic bombardment.

Disclosure: didn't read the article.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:09:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The more I think about the knifey hellfire variant the more brilliant it seems. Both a viable weapon for reducing collateral damage and animosity against military adventurism. Reducing the risk of civilian casualties.

And something that seems like it was thought up by a six year old.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:09:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Deliverable in 2 weeks. Just waiting for a letter from the ATF.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:09:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Not about kinetic weapons.
The proposed mission is cargo delivery including weapons.
View Quote

We can go back to Eugen Sanger and the Silbervogel skip bomber
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Feasible.  I think Low Earth Orbit times are something like 90ish minutes?  Two satellites could easily cover the whole globe.  Weaponizing space in that manner would be a pretty big violation of some of the treaties we have entered into though.  Still a really cool concept though, and Im pretty sure will happen sooner or later.  

That being said, avoid RT articles.  They are basically a propaganda wing of the Russian government.
View Quote
What if it's not the government who puts up the test satellite that has something that could resemble weapons if used wrong?  If it's some billionaire mad scientist would that violate the treaties?    They're not really weapons.  They're just drawn that way!
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:11:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's already been articles published about how the marines have been experimenting with microdosing LSD.

If war breaks out with China I can guarantee you that Elon and all his clever friends are going to go Nani Noony banabnas on advanced weapons development.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:12:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:14:09 PM EDT
[#23]
If he's as smart as he's shown himself to be, he'll decline, or accept and then bungle it. Otherwise us.fag.cuck.gov and the UN, China, etc, will make some kind of declaration about space being too dangerous for anyone but .govs, and that will be the end of any nongovernmental space programs, exploration, propulsion research, etc.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:15:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's right he hears all
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:16:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
That's right he hears all
View Quote

No that's the NSA, FBI and GCHQ.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:19:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

90 minutes doesn't sweep the entire globe underneath it, just a narrow path, and you'd only be able to do so many degrees of deviation from the orbital path. It would also be either equatorial orbits or polar orbits, with equatorial, you'd get more coverage of the globe per satellite, but Russia could park assets higher up in the Artic circle and be immune, so you'd need a mix of both orbits. It would take probably two dozen to do it right, including a few in retrograde in case a target is on the East side of a mountain.

Kharn
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:25:44 PM EDT
[#28]

I always wanted to see a spoof of one of those, where it lands, door blows off all dramatic, and the guy is squashed into puddle around his shoes.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its not about satellites. Its about the point to point transportation Musk has hinted at as being like flying in aircraft. Youll have Starships on pads at .mil sites, punch in targets, and send a tank or 100 soldiers to any point in the world within an hour.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Now how do you get it so that you can drop a 10-30 personnel ready to fuck someone's shit up within an hour?

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:29:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Slap Chop Missile
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:31:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The more I think about the knifey hellfire variant the more brilliant it seems. Both a viable weapon for reducing collateral damage and animosity against military adventurism. Reducing the risk of civilian casualties.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Maybe we can *heat* the blades somehow to make it more painful?  That sounds cool!"
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:35:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

90 minutes doesn't sweep the entire globe underneath it, just a narrow path, and you'd only be able to do so many degrees of deviation from the orbital path. It would also be either equatorial orbits or polar orbits, with equatorial, you'd get more coverage of the globe per satellite, but Russia could park assets higher up in the Artic circle and be immune, so you'd need a mix of both orbits. It would take probably two dozen to do it right, including a few in retrograde in case a target is on the East side of a mountain.

Kharn
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kharn

Not true, just glide in on a vector upon hitting the atmosphere & you'd easily cover everything between the tropic latitudes.  Add scramjet and easily reach the poles.  Not practical for small or unimportant packages, but that's not the purpose here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:38:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Suck it Ruskies
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:39:37 PM EDT
[#36]
His Angels - Warhammer 40K Short
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
RODS FROM GOD!!!
View Quote

PYLONS FROM ELON
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:43:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

"Maybe we can *heat* the blades somehow to make it more painful?  That sounds cool!"
View Quote

Flying spoons!

Cut your heart Out with a spoon
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:45:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Its not about satellites. Its about the point to point transportation Musk has hinted at as being like flying in aircraft. Youll have Starships on pads at .mil sites, punch in targets, and send a tank or 100 soldiers to any point in the world within an hour.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

1000 drones with mini nukes.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
RODS FROM GOD!!!
View Quote

Please!
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#42]
ODST..
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:49:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

We need a orbiting base for Space Force equipped with re-entry capsules capable of holding a squad of men in full battle rattle.

Bonus points if that re-entry pod can then act as an armored personnel carrier once on the  ground.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:51:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:52:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 3:57:04 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like something Ronnie Raygun in the other timeline would have asked for. Nothing like Muhreens showing up for surprise butsechs... Maybe this is for picking up Chinese when they are hungry again an hour later?
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 4:06:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
What if it's not the government who puts up the test satellite that has something that could resemble weapons if used wrong?  If it's some billionaire mad scientist would that violate the treaties?    They're not really weapons.  They're just drawn that way!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That does bring up an interesting loop hole in some of our treaties.  I guess it would depend if its government funded or not.  Realistically, the difference between accurately delivering supplies intercontinentally and accurately delivering a weapon intercontinentally would be very small.
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
RT is better than American traditional news outlets, not that I watch any of them
Link Posted: 10/9/2020 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Kharn
View Quote

True.  Mentioned it more to give an idea for the response times advertised.  To keep maneuvering at at that altitude would take a LOT of fuel or a lot of birds.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top