User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:05:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The problem is most of the country sees “hurricane” and freaks the fuck out. Floridians see that it isn’t a Cat 3 or above and don’t give a shit.

A Cat 1 or 2 only fucks up pizza delivery for half a day and I have to get it myself.

I’ve sat on a covered back porch with friends and drank for 16 hours during a tropical storm.

I’ve had people from all over the country message me and tell me I needed to flee the state, my house is going to get wrecked and we’re all gonna die. The electricity went off for less than 3 seconds and I had to spend about 2 hours cleaning up the yard. My four palmetto trees hadn’t been cleaned out in a few years, so I had a pile of shit twice as big as my truck to clean up.

We get really tired of the panic from the rest of the country.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It floods every day?   That must suck.  The current prediction does show it being a tropical storm when it passes over Florida but even the system level can change for the better or worse.  Monitor the status as it approaches and prepare accordingly.

The problem is most of the country sees “hurricane” and freaks the fuck out. Floridians see that it isn’t a Cat 3 or above and don’t give a shit.

A Cat 1 or 2 only fucks up pizza delivery for half a day and I have to get it myself.

I’ve sat on a covered back porch with friends and drank for 16 hours during a tropical storm.

I’ve had people from all over the country message me and tell me I needed to flee the state, my house is going to get wrecked and we’re all gonna die. The electricity went off for less than 3 seconds and I had to spend about 2 hours cleaning up the yard. My four palmetto trees hadn’t been cleaned out in a few years, so I had a pile of shit twice as big as my truck to clean up.

The flip side is that when it does get serious, people tend not to pay attention until it's on top of them. Michael. Irma. Matthew. All of them had the potential to truly fuck up Florida, and yet all three were basically dodged. Irma and Michael both could have been far worse had they hit more populated areas, and Matthew likewise narrowly missed causing another Andrew. In each case, the general public wasn't paying much attention until the very last minute.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:26:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The flip side is that when it does get serious, people tend not to pay attention until it's on top of them. Michael. Irma. Matthew. All of them had the potential to truly fuck up Florida, and yet all three were basically dodged. Irma and Michael both could have been far worse had they hit more populated areas, and Matthew likewise narrowly missed causing another Andrew. In each case, the general public wasn't paying much attention until the very last minute.
View Quote

If you have half a brain, you know what to watch and when things might get serious. Matthew, Irma and Michael were all nothingburgers unless you listened to the media or anyone not from Florida.

Matthew was the one that caused my power to go out for about 3 seconds. We were all gonna die according to everyone.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 1:39:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It floods every day?   That must suck.  The current prediction does show it being a tropical storm when it passes over Florida but even the system level can change for the better or worse.  Monitor the status as it approaches and prepare accordingly.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This storm isn't even worthy of talking about honestly. It could cause some flooding but, that happens every day down here.

This time of year it does flood almost daily and I've been prepared for hurricanes my whole life. If a CAT 5 was imminent I wouldn't even need to hit the grocery store.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I've lived on the space coast my entire 33 yrs on this earth. We had never gotten a direct hit here, every storm turns right before it hits us, in some way. I wonder if NASA knew something about this area, being in a spot of Florida that appears to deter storms.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 5:14:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 5:22:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
By the time the MSM and the OP get done with it it'll be a Cat14!
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/766/fuuuuu-2000573.jpg
View Quote

I am not freaking out.  I have only been through one low end Cat 3 hurricane.   I would not do it again.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 5:25:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I've lived on the space coast my entire 33 yrs on this earth. We had never gotten a direct hit here, every storm turns right before it hits us, in some way. I wonder if NASA knew something about this area, being in a spot of Florida that appears to deter storms.
View Quote

IIRC that was one of their major considerations in choosing a site.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#9]
It’s a nothing burger.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 5:27:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Meh
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep anything less than a Cat 3 isn’t a big deal unless you live in a trailer a flood zone or already need a new roof.

Link Posted: 7/3/2021 5:28:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Some rain and gusty winds. Not a big deal.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 4:58:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks like Cleetus gets to test his new light poles
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:03:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Off to buy bread, milk and eggs

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/team_america-39.gif
View Quote

Plus, you can take the plastic bags from the groceries and fill them up with gas and horde that too!

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:28:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If you have half a brain, you know what to watch and when things might get serious. Matthew, Irma and Michael were all nothingburgers unless you listened to the media or anyone not from Florida.

Matthew was the one that caused my power to go out for about 3 seconds. We were all gonna die according to everyone.
View Quote

@cardboardkiller

Yeah, that 'nothingburger' Michael? Within  a half mile drive of me there are 15-20 houses gone, another 15-20, repairs not completed, including mine.

Blew up from a 3 to a 5 in the last hours before it struck.

If it had hit 20 miles west, it could've pushed all the storm surge into the bay, and done a Miami Stress Test on all the condos along the beach.

I was in New Orleans during Katrina. Chalmette Slip #2.  Bay St. Louis area caught hell. N.O. had a levee/drainage canal/pump problem more than wind damage.

Mexico Beach and Tyndall AFB got their ass 'nothingburgered' to bare sand in a few places.

What part of Florida are you in?
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:33:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The black line in the Euro model goes directly over my house.

Better get more beer today.
View Quote

Hi neighbor!
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:43:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Yep anything less than a Cat 3 isn’t a big deal unless you live in a trailer a flood zone or already need a new roof.
View Quote

I live in a block-on-slab house in a 100-year flood zone.  I'm much more worried about a slow moving TS that dumps 15 inches of rain than a Cat 3 that blows hard and moves fast.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:55:07 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s because most of Florida was in Georgia during Mathew. And if you think Michael was a nothing burger, talk to people in Mexico Beach and Port St. Joe. It looked like a war zone. And farmers in SW Georgia that lost everything. We cleaned up from Michael for months and lost electricity for 5 days. And we are almost 200 miles inland.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:11:54 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@cardboardkiller

Yeah, that 'nothingburger' Michael? Within  a half mile drive of me there are 15-20 houses gone, another 15-20, repairs not completed, including mine.

If it had hit 20 miles west, it could've pushed all the storm surge into the bay, and done a Miami Stress Test on all the condos along the beach.

I was in New Orleans during Katrina. Chalmette Slip #2.  Bay St. Louis area caught hell. N.O. had a levee/drainage canal/pump problem more than wind damage.

Mexico Beach and Tyndall AFB got their ass 'nothingburgered' to bare sand in a few places.

View Quote

I’m in St. Lucie. If we had listened to the media and everyone who was messaging us, we would’ve evacuated the state and never come back or stayed and died. It sucks those areas got whacked, but the media and panicky public had the whole state whipped into a frenzy.

I was in West Palm for Katrina. We were all supposed to die then too. I didn’t live in Florida then, but was down there doing some work. One of my coworkers and I stayed at the Hampton Inn off of Okeechobee Blvd. We walked to a pizza joint next door to the hotel, ate, went back to the hotel, drank beers and played video games. Never lost power or internet. No reason for the whole state to freak out.

Some friends of my wife from OH got caught in a hurricane in one of the Carolinas a few years ago and were singing their death knell on Facebook. Dramatic posts about how their phones were almost dead and they may not be able to contact anyone for days because the power went out. They were a little deflated when I told them to charge their phones in their car. Nothing happened besides the power going out for a few hours. More stupid, panicky people who needed something to panic about to get attention and cause drama. Sounds a lot like covid.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:32:17 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That’s because most of Florida was in Georgia during Mathew. And if you think Michael was a nothing burger, talk to people in Mexico Beach and Port St. Joe. It looked like a war zone. And farmers in SW Georgia that lost everything. We cleaned up from Michael for months and lost electricity for 5 days. And we are almost 200 miles inland.
View Quote

Matthew was nothing for most of Florida. If you’d stop and think for a second, you’d realize why all those people unnecessarily went to GA. I was on a project in Waynesboro, Georgia and drove home to Florida to take care of things. We were shut down because of the hurricane anyway and I had a good bit of vacation time I needed to burn. It is funny how you think the number of Floridians in Georgia affect the outcome of a hurricane.

Michael was nothing for us. There again, panic for everyone.

You seem to be missing the point that we were told Matthew, Michael, and Irma were supposed to be world enders for the whole state throwing everyone into a panic and causing all kinds of bullshit for those that actually needed to worry.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:08:48 AM EDT
[#21]
The spaghetti model shows us in Jacksonville getting the dirty side of the storm. It’ll be another nothingburger storm. I went through Andrew in Kendall, that was and is something I don’t want to do again. We’re not panicking, but we always have supplies and plenty of gas for the generator. I just hope if it does hit us hard, Mayo doesn’t shut down chemo treatments.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#22]
As of now (4 July 2021), the predicted path is remaining fairly consistent.  It is still at tropical storm status and predicted to remain at that level if it passes through Florida.  The Florida Keys should feel the effects later on Monday (5 July 2021).

The maximum sustained winds are 65 MPH but it is still over water.  I would expect that the wind intensity will decrease as it passes over Cuba.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

@cardboardkiller

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@cardboardkiller

Same thing for Irma

Just because it didn't hit you doesn't mean it was nothing.

Irma created one of the largest power outages in the country.  Nearly 70% of Floridians lost power.   Some didn't have power for nearly a month.

We spent a week, locally, handing out meals and providing clothing to people in our AO who lost their houses.

This type of talk gets people killed, hurt, or woefully unprepared.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 12:07:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Same thing for Irma

Irma created one of the largest power outages in the country.  Nearly 70% of Floridians lost power.   Some didn't have power for nearly a month.

We spent a week, locally, handing out meals and providing clothing to people in our AO who lost their houses.

View Quote

Unnecessarily panicking the whole state diverts and wastes resources that could be used in the areas that are going to be affected. All you end up with is people with garages full of toilet paper, fuel and water that could actually be used someplace else. Heaven forbid people actually think and look instead of blindly listening to the news.

I was in Qatar last year during the border shutdown for covid. There was no run on anything because the media didn’t freak everyone out. The toilet paper and cleaning product aisles were stocked full and people weren’t running around with shopping carts full of panic bought shit. This country is full of third world sheep with less than 6th grade educations who’ll gobble up anything someone in authority tells them as gospel and they were smart enough not to freak the fuck out.

You’re right though, the whole state should go apeshit because somewhere at the other end of the state is going to be hit. Be sure to wear your mask even when you’re driving alone, walking around outside, and stock up on that TP, bread and milk.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 12:11:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Same thing for Irma

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@cardboardkiller

Same thing for Irma

Irma was barreling into the keys as a Cat 5.  And dropped right to the top end of a Cat 4.

This is a topical storm. 2-6 inches of rain, ~30-50mph winds.

Irma was a major force of nature at 150mph winds.

Minor differences.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 12:13:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
As of now (4 July 2021), the predicted path is remaining fairly consistent.  It is still at tropical storm status and predicted to remain at that level if it passes through Florida.  The Florida Keys should feel the effects later on Monday (5 July 2021).

The maximum sustained winds are 65 MPH but it is still over water.  I would expect that the wind intensity will decrease as it passes over Cuba.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 12:14:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 3:45:26 PM EDT
[#28]
cardboardkiller,

The problem I have is you keep calling the storm a nothingburger. ETA: I mean Michael. Also, if Mathew came up the west coast of Florida, not the east coast, it would've been a totally different situation.

2 weeks without electricity. No cellphone service for about 2 months. 3 months without internet service at home. 2 EULL days to cut the trees out of the road to get home. Us cutting in, neighbors cutting out.

By the way, our generator and fuel, propane, charcoal, toilet paper and camp toilet, water jugs and bottles, boxed and canned food, medications and other things we hoarded? That worked out pretty well for us. I'm sorry if you were inconvenienced.

Add tire plugs, LOTS of tire plugs to your list.

Are you going to tell California what a nothingburger their fire season is? Go out in the backyard, build a bonfire and cook hamburgers, hot dogs and s'mores?

I blame all the climate change idiots. They claim they know what the weather will be in years if we don't follow their orders? They can't tell me if it will rain next week, where and when. And 24 hours on a storm track, without strength and size is beyond their abilities. We went to sleep with Cat 3 Michael headed east of us. At 10 the next morning a cat 5 was coming ashore.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 4:01:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
cardboardkiller,

The problem I have is you keep calling the storm a nothingburger. ETA: I mean Michael. Also, if Mathew came up the west coast of Florida, not the east coast, it would've been a totally different situation.

2 weeks without electricity. No cellphone service for about 2 months. 3 months without internet service at home. 2 EULL days to cut the trees out of the road to get home. Us cutting in, neighbors cutting out.

By the way, our generator and fuel, propane, charcoal, toilet paper and camp toilet, water jugs and bottles, boxed and canned food, medications and other things we hoarded? That worked out pretty well for us. I'm sorry if you were inconvenienced.

Are you going to tell California what a nothingburger their fire season is? Go out in the backyard, build a bonfire and cook hamburgers, hot dogs and s'mores?

I blame all the climate change idiots. They claim they know what the weather will be in years if we don't follow their orders? They can't tell me if it will rain next week, where and when. And 24 hours on a storm track, without strength and size is beyond their abilities. We went to sleep with Cat 3 Michael headed east of us. At 10 the next morning a cat 5 was coming ashore.
View Quote

Your problem is you don’t grasp that I was talking about all the people who were telling us to leave, that we were going to be blown away and the storm(s) for us was a nothingburger.

Go back and read what I wrote. I plainly said that we had people messaging us telling us to leave.

California fire season is a big nothingburger at my house. The shit ain’t going to come all the way to south Florida.

You needed the TP and what not more than we did. Good on you for having it. It didn’t inconvenience us in the slightest.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 4:06:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Irma was a nothing burger?
You must be lousy with names.

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey OP, Texashomeserver is the only one allowed to start hair fires here about event named storm during hurricane season.  You’re stepping on his toes.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Your problem is you don’t grasp that I was talking about all the people who were telling us to leave, that we were going to be blown away and the storm(s) for us was a nothingburger.

Go back and read what I wrote. I plainly said that we had people messaging us telling us to leave.

California fire season is a big nothingburger at my house. The shit ain’t going to come all the way to south Florida.

You needed the TP and what not more than we did. Good on you for having it. It didn’t inconvenience us in the slightest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
cardboardkiller,

Eh.

Irma wasn’t a nothingburger.

I was with you up till you made that claim.

Irma toss a table top ice maker through a garage door.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 4:18:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was in the eye of Irma. It looked like a warzone afterwards. Trees down everywhere, roofs gone, roads flooded, power out for 2 weeks.

Yeah it was nothing.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 4:19:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

Came right by my house and didn’t do anything more than clean out the palmettos. I did have some pics of 3 palm fronds in an hours long race across my backyard. My wife and I  made bets on which one was going to win. Franz won by 5 or 6 lengths.

There again, I’m talking about my house and the people who were calling and messaging us telling us we just had to leave. The news had panicked people who lived 1,200 miles away from us and had them freaking out.

ETA: Found the pic of the wanton destruction. That pic is at the end of race. The other contestants weren’t making up any ground, so my Malinois called it and gave Franz a victory lap around the yard. Didn’t even take out my neighbors trampoline.

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 4:30:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Came right by my house and didn’t do anything more than clean out the palmettos. I did have some pics of 3 palm fronds in an hours long race across my backyard. My wife and I  made bets on which one was going to win. Franz won by 5 or 6 lengths.

There again, I’m talking about my house and the people who were calling and messaging us telling us we just had to leave. The news had panicked people who lived 1,200 miles away from us and had them freaking out.
View Quote

Yeah, we kind of did that with our roofs.

This guy won

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 4:34:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/20170920_151210-511576.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/irma1-506406.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/20170920_170052-544655.jpg

Eh.

View Quote

Irma was nothing at my house (see the pic above) just like Matthew and Michael. You weren’t with me at all if you didn’t comprehend where I was referring to all the idiots calling and messaging us trying to panic us to leave or we were going to die.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Irma was nothing at my house (see the pic above) just like Matthew and Michael. You weren’t with me at all if you didn’t comprehend where I was referring to all the idiots calling and messaging us trying to panic us to leave or we were going to die.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/20170920_151210-511576.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/irma1-506406.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/148484/20170920_170052-544655.jpg

Eh.

My house is at the 28 mile marker.

The dirty air side of Irma came in between the 18 mile marker and the 38 mile marker.

154 mph winds head on for ~15 hours.

So any poking of fun at Irma doesn’t sit well with me.

What I agree with you on, is a tropical storm isn’t even worth a blip on the news. Let alone a thread on arfcom.  Just Tuesday up here we had 45-50mph winds and 8 inches of rain in Ohio. And it didn’t even make the news.

But saying Irma was nothing, when it clearly was to a lot of people, is dumb.  I remember when I was thankful to arfcom for finding the helicopter picture of my house still standing.

I spent a month doing clean up after Irma.  Then another year rebuilding and further fortifications.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The dirty air side of Irma came in between the 18 mile marker and the 38 mile marker.

What I agree with you on, is a tropical storm isn’t even worth a blip on the news. Let alone a thread on arfcom.  Just Tuesday up here we had 45-50mph winds and 8 inches of rain in Ohio. And it didn’t even make the news.

But saying Irma was nothing, when it clearly was to a lot of people, is dumb.  I remember when I was thankful to arfcom for finding the helicopter picture of my house still standing.

I spent a month doing clean up after Irma.  Then another year rebuilding and further fortifications.
View Quote

I was referring to Irma being nothing at my house (despite all the panicked messages, calls and media) from the outset. I’m not quite sure why that’s difficult to grasp.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I was referring to Irma being nothing at my house (despite all the panicked messages, calls and media) from the outset. I’m not quite sure why that’s difficult to grasp.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Maybe because you didn’t say that.
You said this:

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:09:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because if you read what you actually wrote, it’s not what you’re saying now.

Irma wasn’t a big deal for 99.99% of the population, sure.

But from the 0 mile marker to about the ~100 mile marker in Florida. It was a pretty big fucking deal.

Boats don’t end up in cellphone towers for fun.

And, last I checked, much to the dismay of the people in the keys, they’re still part of Florida - currently.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You said this:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You said this:

Quoted:

But from the 0 mile marker to about the ~100 mile marker in Florida. It was a pretty big fucking deal.

And, last I checked, much to the dismay of the people in the keys, they’re still part of Florida - currently.

If either of you’d read some of my other posts, you’d understand completely what I was getting at. Whatever, have your “gotcha” moment.

I’m in Dubai and don’t even have to deal with the little rain and wind that’ll go on. I cleaned my trees out, a few months ago, so my wife might have to make a trip or two carrying whatever might come out of them.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:06:58 PM EDT
[#42]
I wasn’t out to get you, just replying to what you wrote.
I wasn’t aware I had to decode it.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:18:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I was in the eye of Irma. It looked like a warzone afterwards. Trees down everywhere, roofs gone, roads flooded, power out for 2 weeks.

Yeah it was nothing.
View Quote

We were on the west side of the eye by just a few miles (Brandon area).  No real damage and not even a lost of electricity.

Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If either of you’d read some of my other posts, you’d understand completely what I was getting at. Whatever, have your “gotcha” moment.

I’m in Dubai and don’t even have to deal with the little rain and wind that’ll go on. I cleaned my trees out, a few months ago, so my wife might have to make a trip or two carrying whatever might come out of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You said this:

Quoted:

It’s not a gotcha moment. If you mis spoke. Or meant something different. Just say “yeah, I meant to imply xyz not abc”

And it’s fine. This is the internet. What sounds good in my head or your head, might not translate from person to person, perspective to perspective.

It’s hard to speak “to your audience” online, because you don’t know who that audience is.

I agree, storms are over hyped.  Especially a tropical storm, come on.

But I won’t agree that “Irma was a nothingburger” when it hit me, head on. And caused about $230,000 in damage to my house.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

It ain't really a problem until Waffle House shuts down.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

When the thread was started it was projected to be a hurricane when it was over Florida.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 7:10:02 PM EDT
[#47]
I enjoyed Charlie in 2006. My carpets puffed up when the air came in under the door and under the carpet. The skylights were shattered from falling roof tiles from the next building over, and the window panes were actually getting knocked out and shooting across the room. They were just little ones but the glass was thick enough that they were getting knocked out but not broken. It was pretty cool. Thankfully my power and Internet never went out since I was downtown.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 1:28:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

We were on the west side of the eye by just a few miles (Brandon area).  No real damage and not even a lost of electricity.

View Quote

Ok, let me clarify. I was in the eye where it made land fall as a cat 4 almost cat 5. You were 3 hours north where it had already fizzled down to a cat 2.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 3:06:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It ain't really a problem until Waffle House shuts down.
View Quote

Truer words have never been spoken.
Link Posted: 7/5/2021 3:10:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Oh man about 3 hours ago the ISS was right over it --the down view would have been great...
ISS downview in real time
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top