Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 7:46:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 8:31:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

But we know that story. It was effectively Cruise's story, from the world's point of view, she spent a day or two in the perfect zone annihilating aliens. From her point of view, [b]she re-spawned thousands of times. We don't need that story.[/b
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like Tom Cruise, I like Emily Blunt, I love Edge of Tomorrow, BUT that movie doesn't need a sequel.

You’re right. But, it needs a prequel. There’s a whole story waiting to be told that was alluded in the movie and that’s how Blunt’s character became the Full Metal Bitch. She had the same abilities as Cruise’s character minus the experienced guidance that he had in her.

But we know that story. It was effectively Cruise's story, from the world's point of view, she spent a day or two in the perfect zone annihilating aliens. From her point of view, [b]she re-spawned thousands of times. We don't need that story.[/b

That’s the thing. She did without any guidance from anyone. The Cruise character has a distinct advantage whereas her’s did not. Seeing how she gained those abilities and learned to use them, then lose them would make a solid movie. The timeframe after losing her abilities, right up to the moment her and Cruise’s characters first encounter each other on the beach during the planned allied invasion would be great to develop while also allowing a great ending to a prequel and intro for the first movie. Also, her first love interest, how she meets the “mad scientist” guy and the development of that interface thingy plus their theories. There’s a bunch in there which could be used for a solid prequel.
Link Posted: 8/5/2023 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It was all explained in the first movie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It needs a prequel to tell how her character became the Full Metal Bitch.

Briefly and just “explained”. Not watched by audiences. There’s a whole movie in just the development of Blunt’s character.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 6:50:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 6:51:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Edge of Tomorrower?

No thanks.

ETA - Leave good films alone - don't ruin them with unnecessary sequels.

View Quote

absolulty .. dont fuck 3with it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:14:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Who could turn down Emily Blunt?
I couldn't.
View Quote
No shit!

Link Posted: 8/6/2023 7:49:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Briefly and just “explained”. Not watched by audiences. There’s a whole movie in just the development of Blunt’s character.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It needs a prequel to tell how her character became the Full Metal Bitch.

I'd love to explore her character!
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 8:23:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 8:26:24 AM EDT
[#9]
She is supposed to be worth $80 million, she will be fine either way.
Link Posted: 8/6/2023 8:40:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I agree, and the most interesting element is that she still chooses to go to war knowing that she's no longer immortal.  If she get's killed, it's permanent, but she does it anyway.  She must have no hope that humans will win the war.  When Cruise loses the respawn ability, the war is over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the thing. She did without any guidance from anyone. The Cruise character has a distinct advantage whereas her's did not. Seeing how she gained those abilities and learned to use them, then lose them would make a solid movie. The timeframe after losing her abilities, right up to the moment her and Cruise's characters first encounter each other on the beach during the planned allied invasion would be great to develop while also allowing a great ending to a prequel and intro for the first movie. Also, her first love interest, how she meets the "mad scientist" guy and the development of that interface thingy plus their theories. There's a bunch in there which could be used for a solid prequel.
I agree, and the most interesting element is that she still chooses to go to war knowing that she's no longer immortal.  If she get's killed, it's permanent, but she does it anyway.  She must have no hope that humans will win the war.  When Cruise loses the respawn ability, the war is over.

Maybe it was answered and I forget, but how did she realize she lost the respawn ability? It’s makes sense she did but she can’t really be certain until she doesn’t respawn
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top