Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#1]
They charge every cop who kills a suspect with murder so I can’t blame them.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 10:17:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A lot of big city cops have that "us v. them" attitude.  They are apart from the public and not part of the public.  Sad.

Smaller town cops not so.
View Quote

I too watch fictional tv cop shows.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 10:19:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 10:20:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Years ago in a British sitcom, the boyfriend of one of the main characters was a bobby was going to become armed.  The womans whole family was alarmed and she debated breaking off their engagement rather than marry an armed cop.  In the end he decided not to and then everyone was happy.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Anyone find it ironic that the police emblem appears to feature edged weapons?
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 10:22:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@Runcible
Looks like "jobs for two, for two of job age!"
I'll join the Met if you do!
View Quote
At the risk of patting myself on the back, I think I could teach those English boys a thing or two.
I was a fucking pioneer in the field of "MYOB policing."

Me, out on patrol...

Link Posted: 9/25/2023 10:25:35 AM EDT
[#7]
@Runcible

"What is your weapon of choice? Glock 9mm, H&K MP5, HK416?"

"Motorola. Extra batteries."
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:10:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Great so now the British army will be censoring Arfcom.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:11:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I knew a couple of Met policemen and when they visited me here in Estados Unidos, I'd take them to the range.  They loved the armalite (as did their Irish girlfirends).  All cops should join the International Police Association which promotes friendship.
View Quote

A globalist police organization?

How delightfully NWO!
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

According to the anonymous cop in the article, it's really less of a protest and more of a pragmatic decision. Why carry a tool around that you know will send you to prison if you ever have to use it?

View Quote

If the job places you in such dangerous situations where a gun is required, but self-preservation results in persecution I'd quit too.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:13:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The best way to control the opposition is to lead it. Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov, better known as Lenin.

Get control of government get control of the military...fill the schools with enemy loving propaganda then your country
with hordes of foreign born violent criminals a total anathema to your culture...mix them equally among your native populace.Then begin the clean up and equal purging of everyone...in the name of peace...
The victims will beg you to take over and do it anyway you like.
View Quote

Game, set, match.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:14:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The best way to control the opposition is to lead it. Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov, better known as Lenin.

Get control of government get control of the military...fill the schools with enemy loving propaganda then your country
with hordes of foreign born violent criminals a total anathema to your culture...mix them equally among your native populace.Then begin the clean up and equal purging of everyone...in the name of peace...
The victims will beg you to take over and do it anyway you like.
View Quote

And turn against anyone who disagrees or gets in the way.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Britain is super weird when it comes to weapons.

Outside of London, the number of AFOs, to include groups like the MOD Police or Transport Police are super small. Perhaps 2-4 per county. Lots act super squirrelly due to sensitivity of "armed police."

Dress Swords and Cutlasses are not allowed to be brought into the UK per the SOFA.

Rounded tip sandwich knives cannot be sold to people under 18.

Lots of pubs don't have glass pints. You know you're a nice pub or out in the sticks when you get a proper pint glass.

Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#14]
I've spoken at length with quite a few British, Norwegian, Polish, German and Dutch police thru visits with the organization above. They are guests in my home and ride patrol with me.

The Brits have the most incredibly fucked up weapons and Use Of force polices  on the planet. Just pulling the gun out of the holster earns you a visit with a Psychologist. Actually shooting someone is a certain murder charge. Shootings are very rarely found to be justified. Even the Norwegians are not as bad as the Brits.

It's just not the gun either. ANY use of force will most likely end in criminal charges or severe disclipline under policy. Weapons officers are often abandoned and avoided by their fellow police and even their families due to the stigma.

That's how you end up with female police decapitated in somebody's front yard after they cannot talk down a violent mental patient with a butcher knife.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
They also don't have to worry about their dental plans.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Reading is fundamental:  Its a protest and response....   "the action was being taken after an officer was charged with the murder of unarmed Chris Kaba, 24"
They also don't have to worry about their dental plans.  

lol!
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#16]
I’m confused. So cops don’t want to carry guns for liability reason… does that mean the military taking the policing job will not have the same liabilities? If not, why?
And if it’s ok for the military to have guns for policing, then does that confirm the need for guns in the policing business?
This is all so odd
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:39:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Basically, the CPS (Crown Prosecution Service, basically the DA's Office) and the IOPC (Independent Office for Police Conduct, basically the CopWatch Committee) now automatically assume a UK police officer who uses his weapon on a criminal does so with malice ('specially if the criminal happens to be a visible minority and the Government is worried about riots), and needs to go to trial.

Think like every police agency in the UK was the Portland Police Bureau (read: your employer will throw you under the bus, guaranteed).  Now you might understand why some cops might be regretting bothering to get the Firearms certs (which are still rare enough that most UK cops do not have them, and make do with batons and OC spray).
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:43:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good that the British police are unwilling to chute their own.  If the Army stands down, then it's over.  

That happened in Romania and the USSR.  In the former both its army and police lowered their muzzles.  They were sick of chute'n their own.  In the latter the army refused to leave its barracks to support the militia (Soviet name for the police).  The once mighty Soviet Union passed without a whimper.
View Quote
The Bobbies aren't standing down because they don't want to use lethal force. They're standing down because they tired of being put through the ringer by aggressive prosecutors that make every OIS of someone who isn't a wanker a murder charge. The Bobbies simply want to smile and wave long enough to collect a pension. Not being armed, reduces the chances of them losing their pensions.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:47:32 AM EDT
[#19]
FYI, though: Rolling the Army in the streets isn't the Red Line in the UK  that it is over here in the Land of The Free/Home of The Brave.  Aid To Civil Power (read: Law & Order) is a legal and regular function of the British Forces, once the nonsense gets too much for the cops.

They also used to deploy them to replace striking firefighters, though that might be either illegal or impossible now (they sold off all the 1950s-era Green Goddess firetrucks the Army kept on hand and used during the strikes, and apparently they aren't allowed to use the actual fire trucks owned by the Fire Service).
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:50:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I've spoken at length with quite a few British, Norwegian, Polish, German and Dutch police thru visits with the organization above. They are guests in my home and ride patrol with me.

The Brits have the most incredibly fucked up weapons and Use Of force polices  on the planet. Just pulling the gun out of the holster earns you a visit with a Psychologist. Actually shooting someone is a certain murder charge. Shootings are very rarely found to be justified. Even the Norwegians are not as bad as the Brits.

It's just not the gun either. ANY use of force will most likely end in criminal charges or severe disclipline under policy. Weapons officers are often abandoned and avoided by their fellow police and even their families due to the stigma.

That's how you end up with female police decapitated in somebody's front yard after they cannot talk down a violent mental patient with a butcher knife.
View Quote

What an impossibly fucked up country.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I’m confused. So cops don’t want to carry guns for liability reason… does that mean the military taking the policing job will not have the same liabilities? If not, why?
And if it’s ok for the military to have guns for policing, then does that confirm the need for guns in the policing business?
This is all so odd
View Quote

It's simple, cops said "Fuck this, I'm not putting my ass on the line if my superiors will just throw me under the bus. I'll just go be a regular cop, smile and wave, and if shit gets real, I'll hang back and call some other idiot who's willing to go to prison to come handle it."

Gov't goes "Shit, we need more disposable idiots who'd be willing to go to prison for having to shoot somebody. But noone wants to do it. I got it! The military."

So they call up the military who will in all likelyhood still go to prison for shooting someone. But the soldiers don't exactly have the luxury of just handing in their guns, so whamo presto, problem solved.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Meh.

City Says Cops Had No Duty To Protect Subway Hero Who Subdued Killer.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 12:41:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I knew a couple of Met policemen and when they visited me here in Estados Unidos, I'd take them to the range.  They loved the armalite (as did their Irish girlfirends).  All cops should join the International Police Association which promotes friendship.
View Quote

LOL, there's an IRA fight song about using an Armalite against Brits during "the troubles"!

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/irish-brigade-my-little-armalite-lyrics.html
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 12:54:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Cool, send them out there unarmed.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or a random formerly Catholic guy with a Sten or AR-180 in a balaclava.

But tomato, tomato.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 1:45:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What an impossibly fucked up country.
View Quote

And a nuclear armed state with the guarantee of National guardsmen and Minutemen IIIs to defend it, for those of you scoring at home.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 1:47:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

LOL, there's an IRA fight song about using an Armalite against Brits during "the troubles"!

https://lyricstranslate.com/en/irish-brigade-my-little-armalite-lyrics.html
View Quote

I used to whistle this when I went into meetings with our cousins...

"And it’s down in the Bogside is where I long to be
Lying in the dark with the provo company
A comrade on me left and another one on me right
A clip of ammunition for me little Armalite"
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 1:47:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Do you get significantly extra pay for being an armed officer?

If not why the fuck would you be armed?
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 1:48:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Do you get significantly extra pay for being an armed officer?

If not why the fuck would you be armed?
View Quote

Residual patriotism is what fueled the AFO program.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Why would they need military assistance if only 100+ out of 2,500 are turning in their duty weapons?
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 1:51:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

*Post removed on request of the British Government*
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 1:53:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

"And it’s down in the Bogside is where I long to be
View Quote

That's a great song, used to have it on my playlist

My Little Armalite with lyrics
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 2:00:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Unintended consequences.  Reap it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 2:02:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Lack of gun culture + fear of liability
View Quote

and importing millions of 3rd world turds.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 2:08:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's precisely the sort of "policing" desired by the defending movements.

An outright state of anarchy isn't a side effect of well-meaning but ill-advised policies, it's the desired state of affairs that's being aimed for. Because control can come into play then, true control and power.

Most of GD can't see that forest for the trees of "look at this terribly bodycam footage!!1" rageposting that goes on daily. They lack the foresight to see how subtly the propaganda works, or where it's going to.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 2:13:21 PM EDT
[#38]
10 or 15 more years and the Airstrip 1 of 1984 will look positively utopian in comparison.

Link Posted: 9/25/2023 2:57:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

"And it's down in the Bogside is where I long to be
View Quote
Armalites versus Rugers.... what a wild time man.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 3:26:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Roger that on fear of liability.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lack of gun culture + fear of liability

Roger that on fear of liability.

They probably made some huge policy change that would throw the police under the bus if they ever actually had to shoot a criminal.

Anyone have a link to a report of what that policy might have been?
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 3:33:42 PM EDT
[#41]
So now instead of having local police with the power to enforce laws against criminals, they will simply have military.

I'm sure that will be better.  

Qualified immunity has it's place.  Might as well just tell the criminals not to worry, go about your crime, we won't bother you.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 4:09:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

It's probably only a matter of time until some karen notices that and complains, and they abandon what is probably an emblem with 300 years of history behind it.

Link Posted: 9/25/2023 4:23:47 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 5:01:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Armalites versus Rugers.... what a wild time man.
View Quote

Sad that they had better weapons.
Link Posted: 9/25/2023 5:07:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine..

Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top