Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/2/2024 6:24:40 PM EDT
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/nyc-migrants-buses-trains-adams-b2472299.html

A Republican governor is escalating his efforts to cause chaos in New York City and other metropolitan areas led by Democrats over US immigration policy set by Congress.

For months, Texas’s Greg Abbott has orchestrated an effort to bus hundreds of newly-arrived migrants to areas including New York City, Chicago, Washington DC and other “liberal” areas of the country — an act of protest against inaction in Congress over immigration and border security. New York City has seen tens of thousands of asylum-seekers arrive over the past year thanks in part due to Texas’s busing campaign.

New York’s Eric Adams and other Democratic Party leaders have denounced the busing campaign as cruel and inhumane, while criticising the refusal of Texas officials to coordinate the arrivals of migrants with their New York counterparts. Broadly, officials in the states targeted by the busings say that the migrants are arriving with little if any warning and are being dropped off in some cases in the middle of the night in cold winter weather.

To combat the Texas governor’s efforts, the New York mayor issued an order requiring all charter buses whose operators know they are carrying migrants to drop off their passengers at the Port Authority during normal business hours. But rather than follow that order, Texas officials appear to be directing buses to smaller communities around the city — where those migrants are given train tickets bound for New York City.

Communities in both New York and New Jersey are being affected, according to multiple local media reports; some have already begun acting to issue their own similar orders banning surprise arrivals.

As of 5pm on Monday, nine buses of migrants from Texas and one from Louisiana had been reported by state officials in New Jersey. Most or all of those on board appeared to be bound for New York. In total, roughly 400 people arrived in the latest bus group.

"Our Administration has tracked the recent arrival of a handful of buses of migrant families at various NJ TRANSIT train stations," Gov Phil Murphy's spokesperson told Politico. "New Jersey is primarily being used as a transit point for these families — all or nearly all of them continued with their travels en route to their final destination of New York City. We are closely coordinating with our federal and local partners on this matter, including our colleagues across the Hudson."

Mr Adams, meanwhile, continues to call for federal aid while blasting both Congress and the Biden administration for not taking more urgent action to address the situation at the US-Mexico border. According to US Customs and Border Protection (CBP), thousands of migrants are crossing the border outside of legal ports of entry every day; nearly a quarter million crossed through such illegal means in December alone.

The city, using $1.45b in local funding this year, has sought to provide new arrivals with shelter, legal resources and other aid to ensure that they find permanent housing and stability in their new homes. The use of those resources — as well as the decisions over where temporary housing should take place — have caused their own controversies.

“New York City has begun to see another surge of migrants arriving, and we expect this to intensify over the coming days as a result of Texas Governor Abbott’s cruel and inhumane politics,” said the mayor last week.

“We need federal and state help to resettle and support the remaining 68,000 migrants currently in New York City’s care and the thousands of individuals who continue to arrive every single week, and for Governor Abbott to finally stop the games and use of migrants as political pawns.”

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Godspeed, Greg Abbott.

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Do you think the sanctuary cities will have change of heart when the challenge is in their backyard?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#3]
How do they determine if they are loaded with illegals ? Racial profiling ?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:43:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Who are these tool mayors that didn't see this coming when they labeled themselves "sanctuary cities"?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:44:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How do they determine if they are loaded with illega?    Racial profiling ?
View Quote

By checking IDs

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Saves the bus toll into the city. Probably saves money.

Maybe just drop them all on Amtrak?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:56:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Texas should rent a cruise ship and send them by sea.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

El Paso has an Amtrak station, I think.

Alpine (hour north of Big Bend) has one, too.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#9]
UK news sites are such trash. Oh alright, I'll fix it myself: UK news sites are such trash.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:06:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Didn't hear a peep out that cocksucker about what is happening to the border states.  Now that it is in his backyard
well eat shit, you fucking invited them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:08:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:08:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

New York’s Eric Adams and other Democratic Party leaders have denounced the busing campaign as cruel and inhumane, while criticising the refusal of Texas officials to coordinate the arrivals of migrants with their New York counterparts.
View Quote

Sending people via bus to NYC is cruel and inhumane? And who coordinates the initial arrivals with Texas? *crickets*

“We need federal and state help to resettle and support the remaining 68,000 migrants currently in New York City’s care and the thousands of individuals who continue to arrive every single week, and for Governor Abbott to finally stop the games and use of migrants as political pawns.”
View Quote

No, you’re a sanctuary city. You don’t need outside help. You got this.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:08:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Do you think the sanctuary cities will have change of heart when the challenge is in their backyard?
View Quote

They could revoke their sanctuary status in less than a week if they wanted. It pisses me off so much. They fucking invited them here, said they'll keep them safe and protect them, now they cry foul. Blame someone else and call them "cruel and inhumane" and "they're using these people as political pawns." YOU FUCKING DID THAT!!!! THIS WOULDNT BE HAPPENING IF IT WASNT FOR YOU!!! What is cruel and inhumane is telling them "come on up, we got you" then once they're here say "oh my god, we can't handle this! No, you can't come here!!!"

Fuck me!!!
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:08:32 PM EDT
[#14]
NYC should give them more free shit.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Godspeed, Greg Abbott.

View Quote

/this

It's about time the other 46 states started bearing a tiny fraction of the cost of their government's failure to enforce the border.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:11:36 PM EDT
[#16]
So sick of seeing the word migrants, it's a lie.  They are illegal invaders.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#17]
NYC Hahahahahaha hahahahahaha hahahahahaha……
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#18]
It's amazing how these liberal pieces of shit refuse to recognize the real issue.  Instead, they focus on a Republican gov and put the blame on him.

Even when these cities and their liberal policies implode on themselves, they will just scream for more liberalism as a fix.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:20:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Only 68K? Hell, they have a lot more to go to catch up to Texas then.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#20]
The scumbag is urging the mayors of other towns and cities to pass executive orders to stop governor Abbotts "inhumane busing policies". He also wants a sit down with the scumbag governor of dirty Jersey to get him to stop the unauthorized flow. Funny how Abbott and the other border governors do not get to stop shit.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Gov Abbott must have read my thread from a couple of days ago when I suggested he use Amtrak.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:34:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The scumbag is urging the mayors of other towns and cities to pass executive orders to stop governor Abbotts "inhumane busing policies". He also wants a sit down with the scumbag governor of dirty Jersey to get him to stop the unauthorized flow. Funny how Abbott and the other border governors do not get to stop shit.
View Quote

Fuck them... they know damn well it's a big problem for southern border states, but they figured it wasn't their problem.  

Now that Abbott is making it they're problem they're crying.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:36:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Send them on every available plane

How ever many planes can fly into NYC airports hourly
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/nyc-migrants-buses-trains-adams-b2472299.html

A Republican governor is escalating his efforts to cause chaos in New York City and other metropolitan areas led by Democrats over US immigration policy set by congress

View Quote
Trash journalism is trash.

The cause of the chaos is the current administration.

The immigration policy set by congress is being ignored.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:42:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Godspeed, Greg Abbott.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Does anyone remember when Germany said the same thing for asylum seekers, then said ‘you have to stay at the first country you reach and apply there.’??

Same thing.  New York has a requirement to house them so it is more expensive for New York…and now no one will listen to them in the Big House.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#27]
I'm surprised someone hasn't sued his ass, he cannot legally restrict travel.

Adams is obviously a racist.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Martha's Vineyard is in need of another batch. A shipload or ten would be nice.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Government rail is retarded expensive and they would boot them off the train while still in Texas.  Busses are the most economical way of moving them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:05:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Trump was called a xenophobe when he advocated stopping flights from China to prevent the spread of chinavirus. Sanctuary city mayors want to stop buses of migrants for convenience purposes and nothing but crickets.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:07:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Frank Sinatra - New York, New York (Live At Budokan Hall, Tokyo, 1985)

AMTRAK FTW!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:12:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Bus-->train is the new hotness for chicago.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
How do they determine if they are loaded with illega?    Racial profiling ?
View Quote

Your papers please.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:20:40 PM EDT
[#34]
If only a PAC could use their funds to incentivise illegal migration to Dem states, would make this process of maybe getting some border protection alot quicker with 10s millions more illegals in NY and other Dem states.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#35]
notice how he was whipped on the plantation and stopped calling out Biden and is now placing all the blame on republicans.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:23:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
notice how he was whipped on the plantation and stopped calling out Biden and is now placing all the blame on republicans.
View Quote

From the OP:  Mr Adams, meanwhile, continues to call for federal aid while blasting both Congress and the Biden administration for not taking more urgent action to address the situation at the US-Mexico border.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Remember when he tried to talk to Biden about it, and Biden shut him down before he even made it there?

But that isn't the problem. Riiiiiight.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:26:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

From the OP:  Mr Adams, meanwhile, continues to call for federal aid while blasting both Congress and the Biden administration for not taking more urgent action to address the situation at the US-Mexico border.
View Quote

well my bad. i can respect him if he is calling out Biden.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:37:57 PM EDT
[#39]
I hope we break them. Bankruptcy, millions of homeless, disease and uncontrollable crime. Let's fight!
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:48:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Germans used boxcars, why can’t we?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:49:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
NYC should give them more free shit.
View Quote

They need to keep up with California.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

"One if by land, two if by sea!"  I love it!
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He was calling out Biden. Until...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 9:38:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Martha's Vineyard is in need of another batch. A shipload or ten would be nice.
View Quote

Wait for summer.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 9:41:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'm surprised someone hasn't sued his ass, he cannot legally restrict travel.

Adams is obviously a racist.
View Quote

Funny I would have thought that given the feds let the illegals in they would have the right to freely travel as well. I doubt Adams restricts other buses with travelers to specific times.

Were is the DOJ to tells Admas he is violating the rights of the illegals.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:14:09 PM EDT
[#46]
400 bussed people cause such a temper tantrum in a city of 8+ million?

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:26:44 AM EDT
[#47]
This is an outrage.  There's a poem on the Statue of Liberty!
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 12:35:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I hope we break them. Bankruptcy, millions of homeless, disease and uncontrollable crime. Let's fight!
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:44:06 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not until he at least removes sanctuary city status from NYC, until then he's just a hypocritical blowhard blaming his failures on others.    
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 7:57:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Sure, sure, they're all about the freedom to travel and seek "asylum" [sic] until it impacts their/NYC quality of life. The QOL in border states is still ignored.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_movement_under_United_States_law

Article 12 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights incorporates this right into treaty law:

(1) Everyone lawfully within the territory of a State shall, within that territory, have the right to liberty of movement and freedom to choose his residence.
(3) The above-mentioned rights shall not be subject to any restrictions except those provided by law, are necessary to protect national security, public order (ordre publique), public health or morals or the rights and freedoms of others, and are consistent with the other rights recognized in the present Covenant.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top