User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:34:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Link   "According to Bloomberg, China and India are currently buying Russia's flagship Urals crude oil at a massive $33.28 discount to Brent"  Urals is usually just a few dollars behind Brent.  Brent today is $86.44, with sanction busting discount China and India pay about $53.16 today

Link   (2019) "The cost of producing a single barrel of Brent crude oil came in at around $42 for Russian onshore projects, and $44 for offshore projects, IHS Markit estimated."  And I bet that's gone up a fair bit

Without sanctions and at $42 to produce profit would be = $44 ish
After Euro price cap of $60 profit = $18 (reduced 60%)
Sold to China/India after sanction busting discount profit = $11 (reduced 75%)

Russian oil export volume is down a smidge in 2022, so by all measures they are losing a huge amount of net income and a much larger percentage of gross profit
View Quote

Russia was okay up to this fall then nose dived but looking like will increase in 2nd quarter? https://oilprice.com/Energy/Oil-Prices/Why-2023-Is-Likely-To-See-Much-Higher-Oil-Prices.amp.html
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:35:12 PM EDT
[#2]
I think this calls for sending Ukraine another 100 billion dollars. Anyone that disagrees is a Russian troll.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
While they try to spin it as punishment for Russia, the world immediately recognizes that this is a symptom of a Europe that is so utterly fucked that they are willing to give money to a man who is openly attempting to invade their continent.

I think Poland should invade Germany and kick their silly asses just on principal.

These dumb fucks deserve to be cold and dark.
View Quote

https://www.reuters.com/world/ukraine-war-shows-europe-too-reliant-us-finland-pm-says-2022-12-02/
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

With everyone bailing, I bet it is much higher, and they have issues as well. Tech and parts.
Edit: Those fucking pussies should start sucking more oil out of the north sea field. Cocksuckers.
View Quote

https://www.reuters.com/world/india/india-asked-by-sanctions-hit-russia-parts-key-sectors-sources-2022-11-29/
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Once again the USA cares more about European security than the Europeans.

At a certain point you have to ask, why do we bother?

The EU will NOT match US funding to Ukraine, which is about $100 billion now in total.  The EU will not purchase oil from other places either thereby funding the Russian war machine that we U.S. taxy payers are paying money from our hard labor to help defeat.  

So, we put money into Ukraine to fight Russia.  Europeans put money into Russia at the same time.  That sounds like a recipe for NEVER ENDING CONFLICT!  That is though EXACTLY what the elite want to line their pockets off the misery of the low and middle class and the blood of tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands.

Some insidious and evil people in this world folks. The depravity and greed of the elites is limitless now that to a man and woman none of them believe in God anymore.
View Quote

Officially 68 billion but I estimate 80 billion
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:39:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Link   "According to Bloomberg, China and India are currently buying Russia's flagship Urals crude oil at a massive $33.28 discount to Brent"  Urals is usually just a few dollars behind Brent.  Brent today is $86.44, with sanction busting discount China and India pay about $53.16 today

Link   (2019) "The cost of producing a single barrel of Brent crude oil came in at around $42 for Russian onshore projects, and $44 for offshore projects, IHS Markit estimated."  And I bet that's gone up a fair bit

Without sanctions and at $42 to produce profit would be = $44 ish
After Euro price cap of $60 profit = $18 (reduced 60%)
Sold to China/India after sanction busting discount profit = $11 (reduced 75%)

Russian oil export volume is down a smidge in 2022, so by all measures they are losing a huge amount of net income and a much larger percentage of gross profit
View Quote

It's like my numbers I wrote months ago were correct.... Wild.

Russian oil export volume is supposedly predicted to go down 2m bbl/day in 2023. So down to around 5.5m
More than a smidge. It could drop more than that as well depending on a number of other things. Their future drilling / production capacity is going to fall off without western drilling technology.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:42:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

The corrupt Ukraine leaders will just be bought off and the spice will flow. Meanwhile Ukraine citizens suffer and the U.S. citizens have our money stolen for essentially nothing.
View Quote

I’m definitely worried about children with much of the infrastructure damaged. The sick and the elderly are likely to be affected with current weather predictions switching from unusually warm fall to polar vortex winter next month.  https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2022/dec/02/ukraine-family-winter-russia-war-novomoskovsk
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

That's been Russia's plan all along - starve Europe of energy until they give in.  It's the reason why they've even bothered continuing in Ukraine despite all of the losses they've had, they don't have to win the military battle... they just have to wait until they can win the economic battle.
View Quote

Germany worried its economy is about to crater. Inflation was the complaint from German automakers and yesterday news from retail wasn’t good      
German retail sales fall in October
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:45:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think it was Zeihan that suggested the US navy could essentially stop any sea borne trade on the planet if it wanted to.
View Quote

LOL no
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:45:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Russia say BRICS market price or freeze mothertruckers!
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:47:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
There is a sea of oil in the Artic that is now accessible by many EU nations.

They don't need Russian oil.  

Drill in the Artic and your problems are solved Europe.

Problem is they should have started that years ago, because it takes years to set-up those operations. In the interim though they could purchase U.S. oil and the U.S. could increase production.

They would rather though hold to their eco suicide cult beliefs and pretend that getting oil from Russia, Iran, and Venezuela is somehow "cleaner" for the environment.
View Quote

Euro green weenies are currently claiming situation proves Europe needs to go 100% green
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 4:49:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The title makes it out to be a EU thing but it has been fully coordinated with the US UK Canada Japan.

View Quote

I could be outdated for Japan. This is no longer the case? https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2022/11/b7ea9d8ec6d2-us-excludes-oil-for-japan-from-russias-sakhalin-2-from-price-cap.html
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 5:05:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That's as lame as dementia joe saying he will refill the strategic reserve at $70 a barrel.  

Who the hell will sell at $70 a barrel anytime soon?
View Quote

Oil companies can sell to the .gov at $70 per barrel to refill the strategic reserve but put in stipulations that any future draw out will be paid at current market (plus inflation) minus $70 per barrel.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 5:46:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Russian oil export volume is supposedly predicted to go down 2m bbl/day in 2023. So down to around 5.5m
More than a smidge. It could drop more than that as well depending on a number of other things. Their future drilling / production capacity is going to fall off without western drilling technology.
View Quote

I can’t recall exactly but I think you said China and India would not be able to offset that for Russia. I’m guessing Russia still wants to develop Vostok and as much of the arctic as possible https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/industry-and-energy/2022/11/putins-top-oilman-praises-xi-jinping-invites-china-arctic
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 5:53:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Guess there are some working pipe lines.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

LOL no
View Quote

US Naval policy is to be able to beat anyone anywhere, to include almost all at the same time.

One Seawolf can beat the German navy on its own, add in a Virginia or two and then the French are toast.

Besides the Chinese and Japanese, only the Russians have anything close.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 6:07:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I can’t recall exactly but I think you said China and India would not be able to offset that for Russia. I’m guessing Russia still wants to develop Vostok and as much of the arctic as possible https://thebarentsobserver.com/en/industry-and-energy/2022/11/putins-top-oilman-praises-xi-jinping-invites-china-arctic
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More so the deep discounts that China (and India) were paying for oil. I estimated between a 30-50% hair cut at the time, depending on freight costs per bbl, as China and India would want a delivered price, so they would not be responsible for the shipment.

As for the volume - yes. China isn't going to take all of Russia's volume, neither is India. Both of those countries have contract pricing with other NOC. (National Oil Companies.)  They have to honor the volume in the contract one way or another.  So what China is particularly doing, is buying Cargos from SA, UAE, Etc. Per-contract, then reselling those cargos to Europe and other nations before they set sail.  

This is costing China money, however with their contract pricing off spot, is going to be discounted. And then buying the Russia oil at an even steeper discount, they will still be in a net positive.

So let's say hypothetically they have contract pricing with SA for Opec basket minus 10.  They're going to sell it to Europe for Opec basket minus 9. But they're buying Urals at minus 30.  

So off today's price (again this is completely hypothetical, pulled out of the air numbers.)

Spot price OPEC Basket is currently $84.39 - So they're paying $74.39.

They're selling it at $75.39 to Europe.  Making $1/bbl - just enough to carry the paper essentially.

But, they're buying Ural crude at $84.78 minus 30. So $54.78  

They're up $20.61 in savings.

Downside - Major risks, higher transaction costs, longer shipping times. So it logistically might not always work. The blend is probably inefficient in their refineries vs Opec basket. Etc. But, 20 buck is 20 buck. It's going to cost them a couple bucks for efficiency, logistics, etc.  

As for drilling - they can hope and wish all they want to drill in the arctic and such. The reality is: Without western drilling technology, it ain't happening. At least, not in a productive manner.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 7:52:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Besides the Chinese and Japanese, only the Russians have anything close.
View Quote

Looks at Ukraine conflict

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:05:43 PM EDT
[#19]
and America goes into debt to save Ukraine while getting in bed with commies etc to give us oil and our allies cave as they put themselves into a corner.

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:11:32 PM EDT
[#20]
GD Vatnyk bait
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Guess there are some working pipe lines.
View Quote

The pipeline that was blown is actually 2 lines, and from what I understand one is still functional.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:...I'm kinda shocked the many pipelines running through Ukraine are still intact.   I figured somebody either on purpose or accident would have taken a few out by now.
View Quote

Maybe there's something to the corruption narrative?  Or the Euros have told Zelensky that all help stops if he cuts their oil?

That said, even at 100 billion USD (if it is indeed that high), it's a bargain to degrade the capabilities of one of our two major enemies. We certainly have gotten more for our buck than we did for 20+ years in SW Asia, spending 15x more and not even counting the blood.  Or what we'll likely receive from (100 × 1B USD---anyone who thinks the price/unit will stay at 511M, works for NG) 100 billion spent on the B-21...

5 pages on its unveiling, and like three posts wondering about the actual costs...LOL.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:05:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Europe gonna Europe
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:11:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Question is will Putin sell at that price?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Indian buys at $60.99 barrel.
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:18:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm sure they'd love to buy at $60/bbl. In fact I'm sure everyone would love to buy at that price.

I wonder what happens when the price is so artificially low that everyone wants to buy the same item...

Oh yeah that's right, they won't want to sell at that price and there will be a shortage as Russia sells at full price to China and India.
View Quote

Which I think is the entire point.

This isn't to make a deal and get oil, it's to show the masses that they tried. It's meant to fail and shift blame for any winter shortages
Link Posted: 12/2/2022 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
This is stupidest plan ever.  
- They're trying to punish Russia for invading Ukraine, and limit Russia's cash supplies.  
- India and China say they're gonna continue buying all the Russian oil they want.  

The EU says they're going to buy Russian oil, but cap the price at $60/barrel.  
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/12/02/russia-oil-price-cap-g-7-outline-how-it-is-going-to-work.html
View Quote

This is just the latest Russia stronk propaganda.

China is going to buy from Russia for a much lower price and Russia will do it
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top