BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:12:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hopefully it freezes all the dam ticks and fleas off!
View Quote

Nothing kills those fn ticks.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:12:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I mean, I hate Yankees as much as everyone else...but they're onto something with that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I mean, I hate Yankees as much as everyone else...but they're onto something with that.

Yeah. Something hilarious to me about people complaining their food is spoiling in the fridge when it's below freezing outside. You have to be a special kind of stupid not to put your food in natures freezer.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yeah. Something hilarious to me about people complaining their food is spoiling in the fridge when it's below freezing outside. You have to be a special kind of stupid not to put your food in natures freezer.
View Quote

My guess is they were the Biden voters.
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:24:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/20/2021 9:27:20 AM EDT
[#5]
During an outage in summer, if your freezer food isn't cold enough, use that first and keep things that only need to be 32 degrees in the freezer until it gets above freezing. Then use ice or use the food.
When it's freezing outside, refrigeration is already provided outside so you're priority is keeping the house warm.

Cheap power inverter on your car battery will run most refrigerators. Run it a few hours, shut it off a few. It's not rocket science.
Some can power an electric heater and fan to provide single room warmth. Charcoal grill for cooking outside. Boil a pot of snow for water on some pallet wood if necessary.
Charge your phone in the car or with previous mentioned power inverter.

simple inverter

Learned a lot from this guy last ten years. His content on prepper stuff is outstanding and he lives in Texas so understands what people there are going through.

How We are Handling the Texas Power Outage and Record Low Temps
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 2:31:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I did a 3 mile walk with the dog yesterday. I wore just sweatpants, tshirt, and a under armor 3/4 zip lightweight thing that doesn't do much and it was 34 degrees. It was fucking hot and had to peel a layer....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LOL yeah after having to work outside all weekend , I went out to start the car the last couple mornings in jeans and a T shirt and thought hell it's not too bad out

I did a 3 mile walk with the dog yesterday. I wore just sweatpants, tshirt, and a under armor 3/4 zip lightweight thing that doesn't do much and it was 34 degrees. It was fucking hot and had to peel a layer....
Yeah we went from -30 to about 10
Had to go with just a T shirt under my carhartt was doing 3 shirts and it was getting a bit warm scooping snow
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top