Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:29:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I will say that ASAT Camo is one of the most effect camo patterns out there and it sort of matches the Desert 3 color. that T Camo creates the same type of an effect.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 7:53:22 PM EDT
[#2]
this isnt commercially available is it
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Reminds me of WW2 "Dazzle", especially how the armor is done up.  I found this picture a while back when researching Dazzle.  I believe this is an airsoft rifle and I can't remember where I found it or I'd give credit.  At any rate, I thought it was an interesting camo scheme.  I haven't attempted on any of my rifles yet.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:11:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Reminds me of WW2 "Dazzle", especially how the armor is done up.  I found this picture a while back when researching Dazzle.  I believe this is an airsoft rifle and I can't remember where I found it or I'd give credit.  At any rate, I thought it was an interesting camo scheme.  I haven't attempted on any of my rifles yet.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e84/Simply_Green/558_zpshfrsvvg9.jpg
View Quote

I want to do something like a white Suburban like that
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Might be dumb and been around but still seems that they tried it out.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

that's just dumb.  and 'fashion' urban woodland has been a thing since the 80's

Might be dumb and been around but still seems that they tried it out.  

I always wondered how effective camo like that would be in an urban environment.  As a side note, I thought that camo pattern was cool looking.  

What's old is new again.

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 8:26:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Now we'll all have to clone that skateboard.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#7]
There was a chinese company pumping out copies once upon a time on ebay. I haven't been able to find them for a long while now.

I would do something pretty gay for set of those cammies.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:16:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
There was a chinese company pumping out copies once upon a time on ebay. I haven't been able to find them for a long while now.

I would do something pretty gay for set of those cammies.
View Quote

As a military uniform collector, so would I.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:27:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

And it's designed to be thrown down the driveway.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Wow. Does a damn good job of blending in. You can tell something is in front of that building, but by the time I would have realized its a tank, I'd be blown into little pieces.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
cities are composed of angular lines and from a distance everything blurs into a sort of grey. This is no different then the Berlin Brigade camo for vehicles that was extremely effective for that particular environment. In that case a tank in normal green could be seen easily almost a km down the road. The same tanks with Berlin camo virtually disappeared and if not moving sometimes would not be noticed until the 200m mark even when sitting in the open.

Berlin Camo
http://i.imgur.com/yjSuR1Y.jpg

A tank parked in the open - pic taken at about 150m:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eH8UKE1EOAs/UlAolhbZIHI/AAAAAAAABMk/se23KzOAF9c/s640/berlinbrigadechieftainh.jpg

Wow. Does a damn good job of blending in. You can tell something is in front of that building, but by the time I would have realized its a tank, I'd be blown into little pieces.

I think I just found the pattern I want to wrap my car in.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 9:55:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I will say that ASAT Camo is one of the most effect camo patterns out there and it sort of matches the Desert 3 color. that T Camo creates the same type of an effect.
View Quote

Grey ASAT is similar but better than the Urban T IMO:

I've tried to get the ASAT folks to do an alternative color scheme and even worked up a pixelated modification of the pattern that looked really good.
This is the standard tan-based ASAT which is all that is made now photo link
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:06:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

There was (is?) a Chinese airsoft company making knock offs. The pattern and colors looked good but who knows about the quality.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:23:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
There was (is?) a Chinese airsoft company making knock offs. The pattern and colors looked good but who knows about the quality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

royaltigergear.com sold it in smaller sizes up until about a year, maybe 16 mos ago.

Edit: Boonies, too:

http://www.royaltigergear.com/product_info.php?products_id=361

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 10:32:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

The wheels are made by KAC, super rare.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 3:24:10 PM EDT
[#15]
i think i found the problem with the way the Army tests camo patterns for an urban setting.  this is a pic of the different environments (woodland-top, desert-middle, urban-bottom) used in the big camo test a few years ago that finally showed how bad UCP was.  the bottom setting is the one used for an 'urban' environment.  anyone else see where there could be an issue?

and the results:

Link Posted: 6/16/2015 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#16]
blends really well against the walls... pretty cool shit actually.

Quoted:
looks pretty damn effective here...

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7269/7039342959_f9b8af212e_b.jpg

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
cities are composed of angular lines and from a distance everything blurs into a sort of grey. This is no different then the Berlin Brigade camo for vehicles that was extremely effective for that particular environment. In that case a tank in normal green could be seen easily almost a km down the road. The same tanks with Berlin camo virtually disappeared and if not moving sometimes would not be noticed until the 200m mark even when sitting in the open.

Berlin Camo
http://i.imgur.com/yjSuR1Y.jpg

A tank parked in the open - pic taken at about 150m:
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-eH8UKE1EOAs/UlAolhbZIHI/AAAAAAAABMk/se23KzOAF9c/s640/berlinbrigadechieftainh.jpg
View Quote

Impressive.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:27:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
that tank camo  is surprisingly effective
View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tier 1 skateboard!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Shit, that picture was from urban warrior in the late 90's iirc.

Eta: wow, beaten thoroughly.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:38:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
now that the patent for MARPAT is almost expired, someone needs to make uniforms in the urban pattern that was never fielded

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/uploads//monthly_11_2007/post-214-1195457099.jpg
View Quote

I saw some vests with that pattern including the EGA embedded in the pattern years ago at a surplus store.  I have no idea if it was surplus or if the vests were just made with an over run of the material.  Maybe I should have bought some back then.  It wasn't expensive at all at the time.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:39:06 PM EDT
[#21]
*Tetris theme*

I'd don the Tetricam....
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 7:49:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT?

View Quote

Makes UCP look good.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq190/davidlondon4/GreyASAT.jpg

I've tried to get the ASAT folks to do an alternative color scheme and even worked up a pixelated modification of the pattern that looked really good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a set of those grey ASATs!!! Think I bought them in the mid-80s.  Loved the pattern, worked great in Eastern hardwood forest in late fall.

Hated the fabric, though, it had a high synthetic content. Stiff and noisy.

I think I got those from Brigade Quartermasters back in the day.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 9:38:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've only seen the Tan color like in your pic.
I would buy the grey as well.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 9:47:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I kind of chuckled at a friend of mine who painted the base color of his Duck Boat a tan and did gray and brown vertical stripes like the ASAT, then I saw it in the buck brush and it totally disappeared. tan base coats work in a lot more environments than I ever imagined.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 9:53:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
That pattern is fucking with me.....it keeps on trying to spell something......."Fuck You, Army" something.....

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2015 9:53:17 PM EDT
[#27]
we had the snap velcro vest when I was in security forces in the mid 90's
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:05:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I was part of Urban Warrior.

We tried all sorts of experimental crap. The T-block (I still have mine) was one of them. We also played with a computer system that strapped to the front of the soldier and relayed each persons position back to a central location... But we kept breaking the computers.

As to the vests, we were given a few different examples of armor to try, as that is when they were trying to select a new armor system. The Interceptor eventually won out.

Here is a picture I took of some of our crew at Urban Warrior.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10455689_831936880160476_8405194444139022777_n.jpg?oh=5d329ede0b855f2c2d78247aa4f304a5&oe=55E644D0
View Quote

Right Click, save as. This will be useful when I email you next.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 11:16:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I have a set of those grey ASATs!!! Think I bought them in the mid-80s.  Loved the pattern, worked great in Eastern hardwood forest in late fall.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brigade Quartermasters was I believe the exclusive seller of ASAT stuff at the time. And yeah, their fabric was like 65% polyester in a very tight ripstop weave so was very stiff and didn't breathe at all. I still have some in the closet but not even close to fitting into those sizes anymore.  I think I have some fabric somewhere that I got on a clearance sale from BQ.
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 11:19:40 PM EDT
[#30]
And the Marines laughed at ACU's. Ha, ha, jokes on you. That shit looks like a futuristic prison uniform.

Link Posted: 6/16/2015 11:25:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm guessing it's about right angles in cities.
View Quote

But fuck that.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top