Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Left is the side of your trunk you feel your heartbeat the strongest on.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:18:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wat?

Seriously. Have you ever picked up a fucking dictionary? How does a dictionary define words? HOLY SHIT, IS IT WITH OTHER WORDS!?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, if you are going to define something in terms of something else, then you need to know what the something else means.

Otherwise, all you are doing is substituting different words for "right" and "left" without conveying any real meaning.

Have you ever picked up a fucking dictionary?

Yeah. If it is that easy then you should be done already.

Wat?

Seriously. Have you ever picked up a fucking dictionary? How does a dictionary define words? HOLY SHIT, IS IT WITH OTHER WORDS!?

Yeah, actually, if you have checked, you will see that the dictionary definition would not be at all meaningful to a person from another planet.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:19:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So you would assume that there is no way at all to communicate with them then. Right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you are looking at your compass and facing north the hand on the eastern side is your right, the hand on the western side is your left.

The question was posed to try to figure out how to communicate the idea to people on another planet, so you would have to include some way that they could determine "north" the same way you do.

No it wasn't.

This and people on another planet wouldn't speak English so this thread is stupid.

So you would assume that there is no way at all to communicate with them then. Right?

What if they can't see or hear. How would you explain left and right through the sense of smell?

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:19:49 PM EDT
[#4]
The sun rises in the east and sets in the west (clockwise). As you face north. Which is the way a magnetized compass points. Facing north, your hand on the west side is your left. The hand on your east side is your right.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:20:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why do they need to know which hand is left and right?  What difference does it make?
View Quote

Well, for one thing, if we wanted to explain something as simple as screws to someone on another planet, we would need to know how.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:20:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well then, if you are as smart as Gomer Pyle, I am sure you can explain it quite easily.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These aliens are receiving audio transmissions from another planet and it sounds like they somehow already understand most of our language and you're trying to teach them preschool stuff that even Gomer Pyle got by the second try?

What's the intergalactic equivalent for "Ain't nobody got time for this?"

Well then, if you are as smart as Gomer Pyle, I am sure you can explain it quite easily.

Do I know where their planet is?  Can I figure out what my galaxy looks like from their point of view?  I think I can assume they know which galaxy is mine, it's the one where these signals are coming from.  See the direction my galaxy appears to be rotating?  That's either clockwise or counterclockwise.  If they are somewhere on the disk of the Milky Way and can't see the rotation, I'll find one that is directly behind ours from their point of view.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:20:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah, actually, if you have checked, you will see that the dictionary definition would not be at all meaningful to a person from another planet.
View Quote

You find me an asshole from another planet, and I'll explain to that asshole what left, right, and retarded propositions are. Go ahead. Find the alien.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:21:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

... Oh, so you're changing the rules and moving goalposts?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Left is 90* counter-clockwise from the direction one is facing; right is 90* clockwise from the direction one is facing.

So what is this "clockwise" you speak of?

NO. OP forgot to mention, the person you're asking doesn't own a watch, and can't tell time.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:21:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The sun rises in the east and sets in the west (clockwise). As you face north. Which is the way a magnetized compass points. Facing north, your hand on the west side is your left. The hand on your east side is your right.
View Quote

Already addressed. Assumes that a person on another planet knows what you mean by "north".
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:21:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

NO. OP forgot to mention, the person you're asking doesn't own a watch, and can't tell time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Left is 90* counter-clockwise from the direction one is facing; right is 90* clockwise from the direction one is facing.

They have a digital watch.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:22:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:23:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I will have to ask for your proof that no one involved in SETI research ever asked this question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you are looking at your compass and facing north the hand on the eastern side is your right, the hand on the western side is your left.

The question was posed to try to figure out how to communicate the idea to people on another planet, so you would have to include some way that they could determine "north" the same way you do.

No it wasn't.

I will have to ask for your proof that no one involved in SETI research ever asked this question.

Non-sequitar.
In English, that means you failed.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:24:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Do I know where their planet is?  Can I figure out what my galaxy looks like from their point of view?  I think I can assume they know which galaxy is mine, it's the one where these signals are coming from.  See the direction my galaxy appears to be rotating?  That's either clockwise or counterclockwise.  If they are somewhere on the disk of the Milky Way and can't see the rotation, I'll find one that is directly behind ours from their point of view.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
These aliens are receiving audio transmissions from another planet and it sounds like they somehow already understand most of our language and you're trying to teach them preschool stuff that even Gomer Pyle got by the second try?

That is the best explanation so far, but . . .

Assumes they would know which way your galaxy is rotating, which would make that impossible for almost all humans, and probably aliens, too.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:24:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You find me an asshole from another planet, and I'll explain to that asshole what left, right, and retarded propositions are. Go ahead. Find the alien.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think any such meeting is likely to be closer to a phone call first, rather than a shake-hands meeting.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:30:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Assumes they would know which way your galaxy is rotating, which would make that impossible for almost all humans, and probably aliens, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know which way this galaxy is actually rotating.  But "Put your fingers on the outside and move them to the inside following the natural lines.  That's clockwise."
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Extend both hands in front of you, palms forward and fingers spread.  Close all fingers except index and thumb into your palm.

Whichever hand looks like a capital "L" is your Left hand, the other one is your right.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#18]
OP, we've established you disagree with the dictionary's definition of left and right. Would you say you identify as an illiterate, or would everyone say you're illiterate?
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Interlace you fingers so that it feels natural.

The thumb on top is attached to your left hand.
View Quote

Bullshit, you're a mutant.

Why would your dominant hand not be gripping ?

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well, for one thing, if we wanted to explain something as simple as screws to someone on another planet, we would need to know how.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do they need to know which hand is left and right?  What difference does it make?

Now we're back to clockwise to tighten and counterclockwise to loosen.  Instead of those words we could describe angular displacement.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:40:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Face the sun coming up, right is South, left is North.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:41:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Now we're back to clockwise to tighten and counterclockwise to loosen.  Instead of those words we could describe angular displacement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate to be the one to point this out, but not everything is threaded the same way. Some things are lefty-tighty.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

WHAT IF YOU'RE ON THE NORTH POLE!?!?!? Oh the humanity!
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:43:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Hold index finger and thumb straight out. Hand that makes the letter L is your left. You're welcome, cleverly-disguised OP trying to figure out which way is which.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Here is a good write up of what the OP was trying to convey...

http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/degrees-of-freedom/handedness-galactic-challenge/
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:46:03 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Extend both hands in front of you, palms forward and fingers spread.  Close all fingers except index and thumb into your palm.

Whichever hand looks like a capital "L" is your Left hand, the other one is your right.
View Quote
Came to post this with the assumption that the digits on the hand are similar to ours; i.e. they have opposable thumbs

And they know what a Latin alphabet English capital "L" looks like

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:46:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry, these aliens don't have fingers.... or eyes, or ears, or fins, or anything. In fact, you're going to have to explain this like you would an Amoeba. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand go.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or if it is dark. What will we do if it is dark!
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:47:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Hold up both your hands thumbs facing each other.  The hand where the finger and thumb make an "L" shape is the left hand.  

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No, actually, that was the kind of thing I expected first.

If you have ever played this game, you know that next you have to explain "clockwise".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This did not go the way OP expected.

No, actually, that was the kind of thing I expected first.

If you have ever played this game, you know that next you have to explain "clockwise".

Well then every word had to be explained.

"Direction"
"One"
"Facing"

And so on...
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Came to post this with the assumption that the digits on the hand are similar to ours; i.e. they have opposable thumbs

And they know what an English capital "L" looks like

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mexicans have opposable thumbs and the letter L is the same in Spanish
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:49:42 PM EDT
[#33]
What if the whole species is ambidextrous and couldn't give a fuck about left vs right?
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:51:18 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fair enough.  Latin alphabet "L"

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:51:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Interlace you fingers so that it feels natural.

The thumb on top is attached to your left hand.
View Quote

Not for me.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:53:39 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Tincidunt tortor
blandit ornare duis malesuada habitant, lorem conubia odio amet tempus
mauris dictum, platea euismod ultricies lacus blandit dapibus molestie
aenean eu fermentum dui imperdiet dapibus quis aliquam, dictumst ad at
justo conubia volutpat felis quam, ante curabitur neque tempor inceptos
quisque nostra volutpat nec nostra vulputate erat venenatis nec at
habitant, porta rhoncus enim donec nisi posuere nec lacus, quam torquent
mattis et hendrerit dictumst varius nisl posuere venenatis neque
lobortis dolor molestie aliquet tempus donec in, ullamcorper vehicula
nunc massa condimentum pharetra potenti.

Dapibus ornare suscipit duis sit turpis rhoncus luctus dapibus
placerat sagittis ante lacus morbi, pretium nunc ultrices nisi sit
placerat duis aenean et viverra pretium neque massa condimentum et hac
tincidunt magna pretium, suspendisse fames quam maecenas hac accumsan
porta, erat integer ut varius curabitur integer in ante eu congue dolor
faucibus massa rhoncus purus, dictumst gravida hac aptent erat aenean
etiam, litora lacinia amet varius gravida vulputate aliquam pellentesque
nullam sed risus senectus.

Augue morbi semper aenean eleifend inceptos tempor rhoncus quisque
auctor, ultrices luctus sed sagittis cras nec augue ac, molestie ligula
tristique gravida molestie arcu felis euismod fames auctor enim varius
condimentum dictumst lobortis auctor tincidunt augue senectus, laoreet
venenatis mollis massa cubilia vehicula cras metus primis blandit,
dictum id eu urna tortor netus ligula nam aptent suspendisse quisque
litora est laoreet conubia aenean tempus viverra, commodo conubia
molestie senectus sapien eget aliquam lacinia aliquam, magna risus per
vehicula adipiscing pharetra ad suspendisse taciti sociosqu primis
egestas aliquet et conubia dui, feugiat vel fames ante arcu imperdiet
consectetur.

Amet suspendisse tincidunt consequat vehicula suspendisse consectetur
nullam dolor, potenti malesuada maecenas lorem euismod lacinia
vulputate eros etiam, molestie in lacinia molestie pharetra mi lectus
sed risus platea eros dictum in conubia potenti vehicula eget fusce
risus mauris vivamus enim orci condimentum leo tortor posuere neque
nostra aenean tellus, semper dolor quisque rutrum himenaeos tincidunt
sollicitudin.

Dapibus netus mattis mollis justo metus aptent risus sodales,
scelerisque facilisis consectetur libero velit elit sit nulla, litora
metus ligula sodales curabitur luctus ipsum commodo eu adipiscing nullam
molestie porta, mattis gravida semper curabitur sem, sit etiam molestie
purus sit feugiat venenatis aenean arcu diam vel nunc platea, phasellus
ante lorem eget sapien sagittis platea, tincidunt condimentum donec
curae aptent ac cubilia amet dictum adipiscing fames risus nulla aenean
mauris vitae ligula, lacinia sed eget pellentesque purus urna nec
hendrerit dictumst vehicula, velit viverra aliquam luctus phasellus
taciti viverra tellus ac a venenatis taciti sed amet.

Justo rutrum elit consequat feugiat curabitur massa ullamcorper
litora tincidunt eu, ultrices sociosqu nullam quisque per ultrices
potenti etiam pretium, ligula sapien felis himenaeos tincidunt praesent
ad torquent fringilla mauris interdum amet justo dictumst arcu aenean
adipiscing vel suspendisse libero congue integer.

Conubia auctor vivamus habitasse proin donec metus, dictum fermentum
sodales odio posuere, sem condimentum aliquam sollicitudin et eros cras
nibh non euismod pellentesque velit aptent rutrum, curabitur elementum
dui mi condimentum sagittis convallis, fringilla nulla integer nulla
adipiscing ut enim habitant sollicitudin mi pellentesque volutpat nec
aliquam phasellus taciti augue viverra maecenas porta phasellus
hendrerit ante gravida risus, cubilia sagittis purus turpis faucibus
felis nullam sit urna est ad dictumst hac justo cubilia iaculis.

Tempus convallis lobortis amet dapibus iaculis phasellus nisi fusce,
integer ut nam nulla torquent donec himenaeos curae, fermentum porttitor
sem ipsum senectus vitae maecenas arcu orci platea cubilia erat cubilia
vivamus, imperdiet mattis dictumst accumsan lorem lobortis habitant,
suspendisse neque pellentesque vivamus congue dolor sapien etiam
vehicula suspendisse habitant sem pellentesque eu quis fermentum egestas
donec, lorem egestas nisi dui quisque blandit donec eros scelerisque
taciti sodales fames conubia duis posuere lobortis tortor conubia porta
sit elementum, turpis lectus proin dictumst enim eros proin quisque.

Praesent consectetur eu quisque risus primis class etiam condimentum
duis, nostra magna blandit habitasse risus euismod tellus felis maecenas
consequat, eros ut est habitasse lorem felis tellus dictumst ornare
senectus tortor dictum nullam odio viverra elementum, erat habitasse
quisque felis pretium inceptos turpis blandit, curae lacus curabitur vel
pretium tellus.

Cras elit ultrices fermentum lacus id rutrum odio at faucibus
vestibulum, nisl condimentum id sodales habitant sagittis morbi nam
vulputate faucibus, ligula augue nibh at egestas accumsan sollicitudin
nunc odio.

Taciti nunc faucibus lacinia convallis molestie conubia volutpat ad
torquent pretium, donec placerat venenatis pretium orci velit hendrerit
congue dapibus dictumst fusce curabitur vivamus neque tortor curae
mattis, vehicula sociosqu purus pulvinar arcu volutpat sapien non,
sollicitudin felis suscipit tempus sagittis sed magna.

Lorem gravida mollis dictumst porttitor suspendisse odio conubia
inceptos primis, fringilla mollis nam nulla class in pellentesque cursus
morbi, odio auctor lobortis etiam conubia sociosqu rutrum faucibus
gravida inceptos accumsan ac turpis erat eros pharetra vehicula
ultrices, nec iaculis cubilia proin quam molestie at vivamus ullamcorper
feugiat, rhoncus nisl mollis mi diam taciti etiam cursus.

Venenatis ut tellus leo congue tempor etiam id enim, phasellus
aliquam laoreet metus praesent nibh donec, mi porta nostra morbi
ullamcorper convallis primis neque nostra id vel himenaeos rhoncus, orci
suscipit mattis libero felis sem, sagittis massa fusce pulvinar.

Potenti rhoncus curae tempus eget proin convallis velit, consequat
neque sodales nisi aliquam dictumst, bibendum habitant et quam aliquam
blandit.

Quis senectus nibh himenaeos pellentesque tortor nam magna ultrices
etiam, cursus integer ac donec feugiat cursus egestas ultrices consequat
tempus, eros enim gravida sed risus amet auctor sodales rutrum nostra
est augue conubia class mauris luctus sociosqu curabitur, eget quisque
convallis consequat posuere semper curae eleifend, auctor lectus ad
consequat aenean mollis ornare etiam.

Ut litora mollis turpis vel phasellus netus senectus, diam magna sit
luctus vulputate aliquet, sagittis justo platea viverra himenaeos ad
phasellus mollis pretium habitasse.

Malesuada porttitor tristique vestibulum dictum vestibulum sem
suscipit adipiscing taciti leo suspendisse, vehicula habitant quam nisi
varius suspendisse aliquet neque est.

Himenaeos imperdiet pulvinar nostra in eleifend ullamcorper aptent
eros fames risus, id donec elementum blandit platea arcu curabitur
dictum diam lobortis imperdiet, sagittis eleifend vestibulum duis felis
condimentum urna leo litora elit suscipit nostra quis felis vulputate
magna varius, consequat habitasse feugiat sollicitudin erat suspendisse,
aliquam a ultricies rhoncus inceptos ut.

Sed nisl aenean nam scelerisque per sodales vehicula dolor, porta
volutpat primis placerat rutrum eu quisque, luctus lorem hac mollis
mauris turpis auctor aliquam lorem lacus rhoncus lorem quis augue
dapibus tempus lectus, sodales imperdiet cras aenean ad adipiscing
egestas praesent dictumst, ullamcorper platea rutrum ornare turpis
egestas donec inceptos phasellus turpis hendrerit non viverra aliquet
maecenas, lobortis ipsum habitant lectus augue semper, nulla in conubia
nisl ullamcorper.

Tempor taciti fusce maecenas donec condimentum lectus auctor tempor
augue class aliquet, urna interdum elit posuere nunc curabitur gravida
vestibulum mollis lacus sagittis curabitur aliquam adipiscing ligula
donec vulputate neque ac, dui cras duis odio habitant pretium quisque
fusce, ligula vulputate malesuada urna augue luctus neque blandit
lobortis tincidunt turpis conubia nam senectus condimentum vehicula
senectus, sollicitudin torquent feugiat morbi vivamus iaculis vehicula
litora, dolor class ad sagittis vulputate augue vehicula accumsan
commodo sit dapibus massa habitant congue, varius condimentum convallis
vulputate phasellus, tempor nostra eget pellentesque dapibus.

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:54:16 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Using nothing but words you can type, explain the concept of left and right (as in hands, not politics) such that any reader of your words would know which hand was their left and which was their right.

In doing so, you cannot refer to the way in which the language is displayed on the screen. Your explanation will have to work even if the words are only spoken, or if the reader was reading it in some other language that didn't go left to right.
View Quote

Find North by using any of several methods. Facing North, right is the direction from which the sun rises. Left is the direction where it sets.

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:54:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Left is port and right is starboard
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
What if the whole species is ambidextrous and couldn't give a fuck about left vs right?
View Quote

We sent them a case of beer with a screw-top lid. We have to tell them how to open it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:56:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

We sent them a case of beer with a screw-top lid. We have to tell them how to open it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trick question. We would never send a beer with a screw-top cap to aliens. We would send them good beer.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:57:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

no you don't.  they have no idea what it is.  You must convey the idea of the necessity of opening the top before you describe how to open it.  You cannot describe that necessity per your prompts, and therefore there is no need to convey how to unscrew the top.  

/thread

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:57:12 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

(Look At) CROSS (Up)

Boom, bitches.
View Quote

I was assuming vector math would be denied. Also, depends on handedness of your coordinate systems.

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 8:57:19 PM EDT
[#43]
If you draw an imaginary line vertcally to "split" your body, the side with your heart is your left side, the side without it is your right side.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#44]
I have to assume they dont know what a watch is, the sun, heart etc. but they can read English?

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 9:01:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Get a compass.  Face north.  Where the sun rises is your right side.  Where the sun sets is your left side.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 9:03:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I don't feel like wasting my time because you're going to have some dumb response, but I'd say left is the side of your body that has your heart (from your perspective).
View Quote

Most people don't know the heart is slightly to the left in the vast majority of people.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I have to assume they dont know what a watch is, the sun, heart etc. but they can read English?

View Quote

For purposes of possibly communicating with someone from another planet -- yes. Or, at least we have found a common language, such as math, that allows us to communicate meaning.
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 9:10:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not concerned with aliens until I see and attempt to communicate with them.  No one has any idea what we'll be working with.  For all we know any sentient aliens we find will be trilaterally symmetrical and have no possible concept of "left" or "right".  Their sensory package may include sensitivity to pressure waves and magnetic fields, and the concept of "visible light" may have no meaning whatsoever for them.

OPs question is not hypothetical, it is empty and meaningless.

Edit:  Missing words, grammar
Link Posted: 12/17/2015 9:10:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Tincidunt tortor blandit ornare duis malesuada habitant, lorem conubia odio amet tempus mauris dictum, platea euismod ultricies lacus blandit dapibus molestie aenean eu fermentum dui imperdiet dapibus quis aliquam, dictumst ad at justo conubia volutpat felis quam, ante curabitur neque tempor inceptos quisque nostra volutpat nec nostra vulputate erat venenatis nec at habitant, porta rhoncus enim donec nisi posuere nec lacus, quam torquent mattis et hendrerit dictumst varius nisl posuere venenatis neque lobortis dolor molestie aliquet tempus donec in, ullamcorper vehicula nunc massa condimentum pharetra potenti.

Dapibus ornare suscipit duis sit turpis rhoncus luctus dapibus placerat sagittis ante lacus morbi, pretium nunc ultrices nisi sit placerat duis aenean et viverra pretium neque massa condimentum et hac tincidunt magna pretium, suspendisse fames quam maecenas hac accumsan porta, erat integer ut varius curabitur integer in ante eu congue dolor faucibus massa rhoncus purus, dictumst gravida hac aptent erat aenean etiam, litora lacinia amet varius gravida vulputate aliquam pellentesque nullam sed risus senectus.

Augue morbi semper aenean eleifend inceptos tempor rhoncus quisque auctor, ultrices luctus sed sagittis cras nec augue ac, molestie ligula tristique gravida molestie arcu felis euismod fames auctor enim varius condimentum dictumst lobortis auctor tincidunt augue senectus, laoreet venenatis mollis massa cubilia vehicula cras metus primis blandit, dictum id eu urna tortor netus ligula nam aptent suspendisse quisque litora est laoreet conubia aenean tempus viverra, commodo conubia molestie senectus sapien eget aliquam lacinia aliquam, magna risus per vehicula adipiscing pharetra ad suspendisse taciti sociosqu primis egestas aliquet et conubia dui, feugiat vel fames ante arcu imperdiet consectetur.

Amet suspendisse tincidunt consequat vehicula suspendisse consectetur nullam dolor, potenti malesuada maecenas lorem euismod lacinia vulputate eros etiam, molestie in lacinia molestie pharetra mi lectus sed risus platea eros dictum in conubia potenti vehicula eget fusce risus mauris vivamus enim orci condimentum leo tortor posuere neque nostra aenean tellus, semper dolor quisque rutrum himenaeos tincidunt sollicitudin.

Dapibus netus mattis mollis justo metus aptent risus sodales, scelerisque facilisis consectetur libero velit elit sit nulla, litora metus ligula sodales curabitur luctus ipsum commodo eu adipiscing nullam molestie porta, mattis gravida semper curabitur sem, sit etiam molestie purus sit feugiat venenatis aenean arcu diam vel nunc platea, phasellus ante lorem eget sapien sagittis platea, tincidunt condimentum donec curae aptent ac cubilia amet dictum adipiscing fames risus nulla aenean mauris vitae ligula, lacinia sed eget pellentesque purus urna nec hendrerit dictumst vehicula, velit viverra aliquam luctus phasellus taciti viverra tellus ac a venenatis taciti sed amet.

Justo rutrum elit consequat feugiat curabitur massa ullamcorper litora tincidunt eu, ultrices sociosqu nullam quisque per ultrices potenti etiam pretium, ligula sapien felis himenaeos tincidunt praesent ad torquent fringilla mauris interdum amet justo dictumst arcu aenean adipiscing vel suspendisse libero congue integer.

Conubia auctor vivamus habitasse proin donec metus, dictum fermentum sodales odio posuere, sem condimentum aliquam sollicitudin et eros cras nibh non euismod pellentesque velit aptent rutrum, curabitur elementum dui mi condimentum sagittis convallis, fringilla nulla integer nulla adipiscing ut enim habitant sollicitudin mi pellentesque volutpat nec aliquam phasellus taciti augue viverra maecenas porta phasellus hendrerit ante gravida risus, cubilia sagittis purus turpis faucibus felis nullam sit urna est ad dictumst hac justo cubilia iaculis.

Tempus convallis lobortis amet dapibus iaculis phasellus nisi fusce, integer ut nam nulla torquent donec himenaeos curae, fermentum porttitor sem ipsum senectus vitae maecenas arcu orci platea cubilia erat cubilia vivamus, imperdiet mattis dictumst accumsan lorem lobortis habitant, suspendisse neque pellentesque vivamus congue dolor sapien etiam vehicula suspendisse habitant sem pellentesque eu quis fermentum egestas donec, lorem egestas nisi dui quisque blandit donec eros scelerisque taciti sodales fames conubia duis posuere lobortis tortor conubia porta sit elementum, turpis lectus proin dictumst enim eros proin quisque.

Praesent consectetur eu quisque risus primis class etiam condimentum duis, nostra magna blandit habitasse risus euismod tellus felis maecenas consequat, eros ut est habitasse lorem felis tellus dictumst ornare senectus tortor dictum nullam odio viverra elementum, erat habitasse quisque felis pretium inceptos turpis blandit, curae lacus curabitur vel pretium tellus.

Cras elit ultrices fermentum lacus id rutrum odio at faucibus vestibulum, nisl condimentum id sodales habitant sagittis morbi nam vulputate faucibus, ligula augue nibh at egestas accumsan sollicitudin nunc odio.

Taciti nunc faucibus lacinia convallis molestie conubia volutpat ad torquent pretium, donec placerat venenatis pretium orci velit hendrerit congue dapibus dictumst fusce curabitur vivamus neque tortor curae mattis, vehicula sociosqu purus pulvinar arcu volutpat sapien non, sollicitudin felis suscipit tempus sagittis sed magna.

Lorem gravida mollis dictumst porttitor suspendisse odio conubia inceptos primis, fringilla mollis nam nulla class in pellentesque cursus morbi, odio auctor lobortis etiam conubia sociosqu rutrum faucibus gravida inceptos accumsan ac turpis erat eros pharetra vehicula ultrices, nec iaculis cubilia proin quam molestie at vivamus ullamcorper feugiat, rhoncus nisl mollis mi diam taciti etiam cursus.

Venenatis ut tellus leo congue tempor etiam id enim, phasellus aliquam laoreet metus praesent nibh donec, mi porta nostra morbi ullamcorper convallis primis neque nostra id vel himenaeos rhoncus, orci suscipit mattis libero felis sem, sagittis massa fusce pulvinar.

Potenti rhoncus curae tempus eget proin convallis velit, consequat neque sodales nisi aliquam dictumst, bibendum habitant et quam aliquam blandit.

Quis senectus nibh himenaeos pellentesque tortor nam magna ultrices etiam, cursus integer ac donec feugiat cursus egestas ultrices consequat tempus, eros enim gravida sed risus amet auctor sodales rutrum nostra est augue conubia class mauris luctus sociosqu curabitur, eget quisque convallis consequat posuere semper curae eleifend, auctor lectus ad consequat aenean mollis ornare etiam.

Ut litora mollis turpis vel phasellus netus senectus, diam magna sit luctus vulputate aliquet, sagittis justo platea viverra himenaeos ad phasellus mollis pretium habitasse.

Malesuada porttitor tristique vestibulum dictum vestibulum sem suscipit adipiscing taciti leo suspendisse, vehicula habitant quam nisi varius suspendisse aliquet neque est.

Himenaeos imperdiet pulvinar nostra in eleifend ullamcorper aptent eros fames risus, id donec elementum blandit platea arcu curabitur dictum diam lobortis imperdiet, sagittis eleifend vestibulum duis felis condimentum urna leo litora elit suscipit nostra quis felis vulputate magna varius, consequat habitasse feugiat sollicitudin erat suspendisse, aliquam a ultricies rhoncus inceptos ut.

Sed nisl aenean nam scelerisque per sodales vehicula dolor, porta volutpat primis placerat rutrum eu quisque, luctus lorem hac mollis mauris turpis auctor aliquam lorem lacus rhoncus lorem quis augue dapibus tempus lectus, sodales imperdiet cras aenean ad adipiscing egestas praesent dictumst, ullamcorper platea rutrum ornare turpis egestas donec inceptos phasellus turpis hendrerit non viverra aliquet maecenas, lobortis ipsum habitant lectus augue semper, nulla in conubia nisl ullamcorper.

Tempor taciti fusce maecenas donec condimentum lectus auctor tempor augue class aliquet, urna interdum elit posuere nunc curabitur gravida vestibulum mollis lacus sagittis curabitur aliquam adipiscing ligula donec vulputate neque ac, dui cras duis odio habitant pretium quisque fusce, ligula vulputate malesuada urna augue luctus neque blandit lobortis tincidunt turpis conubia nam senectus condimentum vehicula senectus, sollicitudin torquent feugiat morbi vivamus iaculis vehicula litora, dolor class ad sagittis vulputate augue vehicula accumsan commodo sit dapibus massa habitant congue, varius condimentum convallis vulputate phasellus, tempor nostra eget pellentesque dapibus.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tincidunt tortor blandit ornare duis malesuada habitant, lorem conubia odio amet tempus mauris dictum, platea euismod ultricies lacus blandit dapibus molestie aenean eu fermentum dui imperdiet dapibus quis aliquam, dictumst ad at justo conubia volutpat felis quam, ante curabitur neque tempor inceptos quisque nostra volutpat nec nostra vulputate erat venenatis nec at habitant, porta rhoncus enim donec nisi posuere nec lacus, quam torquent mattis et hendrerit dictumst varius nisl posuere venenatis neque lobortis dolor molestie aliquet tempus donec in, ullamcorper vehicula nunc massa condimentum pharetra potenti.

Dapibus ornare suscipit duis sit turpis rhoncus luctus dapibus placerat sagittis ante lacus morbi, pretium nunc ultrices nisi sit placerat duis aenean et viverra pretium neque massa condimentum et hac tincidunt magna pretium, suspendisse fames quam maecenas hac accumsan porta, erat integer ut varius curabitur integer in ante eu congue dolor faucibus massa rhoncus purus, dictumst gravida hac aptent erat aenean etiam, litora lacinia amet varius gravida vulputate aliquam pellentesque nullam sed risus senectus.

Augue morbi semper aenean eleifend inceptos tempor rhoncus quisque auctor, ultrices luctus sed sagittis cras nec augue ac, molestie ligula tristique gravida molestie arcu felis euismod fames auctor enim varius condimentum dictumst lobortis auctor tincidunt augue senectus, laoreet venenatis mollis massa cubilia vehicula cras metus primis blandit, dictum id eu urna tortor netus ligula nam aptent suspendisse quisque litora est laoreet conubia aenean tempus viverra, commodo conubia molestie senectus sapien eget aliquam lacinia aliquam, magna risus per vehicula adipiscing pharetra ad suspendisse taciti sociosqu primis egestas aliquet et conubia dui, feugiat vel fames ante arcu imperdiet consectetur.

Amet suspendisse tincidunt consequat vehicula suspendisse consectetur nullam dolor, potenti malesuada maecenas lorem euismod lacinia vulputate eros etiam, molestie in lacinia molestie pharetra mi lectus sed risus platea eros dictum in conubia potenti vehicula eget fusce risus mauris vivamus enim orci condimentum leo tortor posuere neque nostra aenean tellus, semper dolor quisque rutrum himenaeos tincidunt sollicitudin.

Dapibus netus mattis mollis justo metus aptent risus sodales, scelerisque facilisis consectetur libero velit elit sit nulla, litora metus ligula sodales curabitur luctus ipsum commodo eu adipiscing nullam molestie porta, mattis gravida semper curabitur sem, sit etiam molestie purus sit feugiat venenatis aenean arcu diam vel nunc platea, phasellus ante lorem eget sapien sagittis platea, tincidunt condimentum donec curae aptent ac cubilia amet dictum adipiscing fames risus nulla aenean mauris vitae ligula, lacinia sed eget pellentesque purus urna nec hendrerit dictumst vehicula, velit viverra aliquam luctus phasellus taciti viverra tellus ac a venenatis taciti sed amet.

Justo rutrum elit consequat feugiat curabitur massa ullamcorper litora tincidunt eu, ultrices sociosqu nullam quisque per ultrices potenti etiam pretium, ligula sapien felis himenaeos tincidunt praesent ad torquent fringilla mauris interdum amet justo dictumst arcu aenean adipiscing vel suspendisse libero congue integer.

Conubia auctor vivamus habitasse proin donec metus, dictum fermentum sodales odio posuere, sem condimentum aliquam sollicitudin et eros cras nibh non euismod pellentesque velit aptent rutrum, curabitur elementum dui mi condimentum sagittis convallis, fringilla nulla integer nulla adipiscing ut enim habitant sollicitudin mi pellentesque volutpat nec aliquam phasellus taciti augue viverra maecenas porta phasellus hendrerit ante gravida risus, cubilia sagittis purus turpis faucibus felis nullam sit urna est ad dictumst hac justo cubilia iaculis.

Tempus convallis lobortis amet dapibus iaculis phasellus nisi fusce, integer ut nam nulla torquent donec himenaeos curae, fermentum porttitor sem ipsum senectus vitae maecenas arcu orci platea cubilia erat cubilia vivamus, imperdiet mattis dictumst accumsan lorem lobortis habitant, suspendisse neque pellentesque vivamus congue dolor sapien etiam vehicula suspendisse habitant sem pellentesque eu quis fermentum egestas donec, lorem egestas nisi dui quisque blandit donec eros scelerisque taciti sodales fames conubia duis posuere lobortis tortor conubia porta sit elementum, turpis lectus proin dictumst enim eros proin quisque.

Praesent consectetur eu quisque risus primis class etiam condimentum duis, nostra magna blandit habitasse risus euismod tellus felis maecenas consequat, eros ut est habitasse lorem felis tellus dictumst ornare senectus tortor dictum nullam odio viverra elementum, erat habitasse quisque felis pretium inceptos turpis blandit, curae lacus curabitur vel pretium tellus.

Cras elit ultrices fermentum lacus id rutrum odio at faucibus vestibulum, nisl condimentum id sodales habitant sagittis morbi nam vulputate faucibus, ligula augue nibh at egestas accumsan sollicitudin nunc odio.

Taciti nunc faucibus lacinia convallis molestie conubia volutpat ad torquent pretium, donec placerat venenatis pretium orci velit hendrerit congue dapibus dictumst fusce curabitur vivamus neque tortor curae mattis, vehicula sociosqu purus pulvinar arcu volutpat sapien non, sollicitudin felis suscipit tempus sagittis sed magna.

Lorem gravida mollis dictumst porttitor suspendisse odio conubia inceptos primis, fringilla mollis nam nulla class in pellentesque cursus morbi, odio auctor lobortis etiam conubia sociosqu rutrum faucibus gravida inceptos accumsan ac turpis erat eros pharetra vehicula ultrices, nec iaculis cubilia proin quam molestie at vivamus ullamcorper feugiat, rhoncus nisl mollis mi diam taciti etiam cursus.

Venenatis ut tellus leo congue tempor etiam id enim, phasellus aliquam laoreet metus praesent nibh donec, mi porta nostra morbi ullamcorper convallis primis neque nostra id vel himenaeos rhoncus, orci suscipit mattis libero felis sem, sagittis massa fusce pulvinar.

Potenti rhoncus curae tempus eget proin convallis velit, consequat neque sodales nisi aliquam dictumst, bibendum habitant et quam aliquam blandit.

Quis senectus nibh himenaeos pellentesque tortor nam magna ultrices etiam, cursus integer ac donec feugiat cursus egestas ultrices consequat tempus, eros enim gravida sed risus amet auctor sodales rutrum nostra est augue conubia class mauris luctus sociosqu curabitur, eget quisque convallis consequat posuere semper curae eleifend, auctor lectus ad consequat aenean mollis ornare etiam.

Ut litora mollis turpis vel phasellus netus senectus, diam magna sit luctus vulputate aliquet, sagittis justo platea viverra himenaeos ad phasellus mollis pretium habitasse.

Malesuada porttitor tristique vestibulum dictum vestibulum sem suscipit adipiscing taciti leo suspendisse, vehicula habitant quam nisi varius suspendisse aliquet neque est.

Himenaeos imperdiet pulvinar nostra in eleifend ullamcorper aptent eros fames risus, id donec elementum blandit platea arcu curabitur dictum diam lobortis imperdiet, sagittis eleifend vestibulum duis felis condimentum urna leo litora elit suscipit nostra quis felis vulputate magna varius, consequat habitasse feugiat sollicitudin erat suspendisse, aliquam a ultricies rhoncus inceptos ut.

Sed nisl aenean nam scelerisque per sodales vehicula dolor, porta volutpat primis placerat rutrum eu quisque, luctus lorem hac mollis mauris turpis auctor aliquam lorem lacus rhoncus lorem quis augue dapibus tempus lectus, sodales imperdiet cras aenean ad adipiscing egestas praesent dictumst, ullamcorper platea rutrum ornare turpis egestas donec inceptos phasellus turpis hendrerit non viverra aliquet maecenas, lobortis ipsum habitant lectus augue semper, nulla in conubia nisl ullamcorper.

Tempor taciti fusce maecenas donec condimentum lectus auctor tempor augue class aliquet, urna interdum elit posuere nunc curabitur gravida vestibulum mollis lacus sagittis curabitur aliquam adipiscing ligula donec vulputate neque ac, dui cras duis odio habitant pretium quisque fusce, ligula vulputate malesuada urna augue luctus neque blandit lobortis tincidunt turpis conubia nam senectus condimentum vehicula senectus, sollicitudin torquent feugiat morbi vivamus iaculis vehicula litora, dolor class ad sagittis vulputate augue vehicula accumsan commodo sit dapibus massa habitant congue, varius condimentum convallis vulputate phasellus, tempor nostra eget pellentesque dapibus.

Link Posted: 12/17/2015 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

For purposes of possibly communicating with someone from another planet -- yes. Or, at least we have found a common language, such as math, that allows us to communicate meaning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perfect, so math is universal now? Not a human construct? Then you'll agree that (ETA: counter-)clockwise, as fucking mentioned earlier, can be demonstrated on a coordinate plane by rotating from zero degrees to any positive angle.

Now that clockwise is back on your bullshit table, we can use it as explained in the first response. Done.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top