Which FICO OP? They can vary like mine -

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:54:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Installment loans are NOT required to have a very high score.  When you pay off an installment loan your score does not take a "big" drop.  Mine was minor and recovered completely within 4-5 months.

You are speculating without any evidence on Dave Ramsey.  Dave said multiple times that he paid cash for the home.  You are calling him a liar with nothing to back that up?  We call that "talking out yer ass".  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Only scores that matter are your FICO scores, people get surprised when they get a house and see they aren’t t using their credit score which is always higher than your FICO scores. Mortgage will use the middle lowest score between you and spouse. You can have a high score but have a thin credit profile, that’s why credit cards revolving debt is needed for a strong credit report along w one installment loan. People are always in rush to pay off their installment loans car, personal, school, mortgage but other than no longer having that installment you’ll have a big score drop due to the age, history and closed account. Dave Ramsey who all of you love bought a $13 million dollar mansion, you think he paid cash? Guarantee he got mortgage loan and uses credit cards like everyone else.

Installment loans are NOT required to have a very high score.  When you pay off an installment loan your score does not take a "big" drop.  Mine was minor and recovered completely within 4-5 months.

You are speculating without any evidence on Dave Ramsey.  Dave said multiple times that he paid cash for the home.  You are calling him a liar with nothing to back that up?  We call that "talking out yer ass".  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c

Never said installment loans are required for a high score, they are needed for a good credit mix. Some people do have a big score drop when paying off installment loans.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:54:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Credit Karma; et al are bullshit.

They said I was an 812/801.

I went and bought a truck and they pulled my credit and I was and 855. Same day...
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 4:59:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Credit Karma; et al are bullshit.

They said I was an 812/801.

I went and bought a truck and they pulled my credit and I was and 855. Same day...
View Quote

That's already been covered in this thread.  Different types of lenders use different scoring models, and always have.  Some range from 0-850 and some from 0-900.  Even credit karma explains this they are are using the VantageScore 3.0 method.  It is published right there on the main scoring page, with an explanation:

Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:17:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

My credit score was 630 and I bought a home at 2.6% APR last year

It was in the high 500s as well as my wife's, and we got the 0.9% financing on a 2020 Subaru outback.

Tell me again credit scores matter?
View Quote

Ok . Credit scores matter because it helps determine what rate you get if you borrow money for a house or car.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 5:58:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Experian.  Can I access my FICO score on the other two agencies?  

Also, if I call my CC company will they tell me when they report to the three reporting agencies?  If so I'm thinking I can manually pay off the card prior to this happening.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 6:05:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Apparently only my wife ,my kids - all of who I have to co-sign for - and the bank only care about my credit rating......I haven’t cared for 40-years since I learned to not buy shit I can’t pay cash for. Never had a problem when I ... I mean THEY , needed a loan.....

I hate it. Not so much the kids as the wife.....since I have to listen to her bitch / whine about HER poor credit score and her always asking me to add her to my credit cards and help her fix her credit or - the latest- co-sign on a new 4-runner.  Only the last time I did something like that I had to pay off $17k in her debt on a HELOC when we sold our last house. So fuck that.. Just one of the reasons I’m strongly considering making her my ex-wife.

That being said.... I do have a couple of credit cards I use regular for convenience.which get payed off monthly.  And a mortgage.
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 6:07:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Apparently only my wife ,my kids - all of who I have to co-sign for - and the bank only care about my credit rating......I haven’t cared for 40-years since I learned to not buy shit I can’t pay cash for. Never had a problem when I ... I mean THEY , needed a loan.....

I hate it. Not so much the kids as the wife.....since I have to listen to her bitch / whine about HER poor credit score and her always asking me to add her to my credit cards and help her fix her credit or - the latest- co-sign on a new 4-runner.  Only the last time I did something like that I had to pay off $17k in her debt on a HELOC when we sold our last house. So fuck that.. Just one of the reasons I’m strongly considering making her my ex-wife.

That being said.... I do have a couple of credit cards I use regular for convenience.which get payed off monthly.  And a mortgage.
View Quote

You and your wife keep your finances completely separate?
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 6:46:48 PM EDT
[#9]
I just used capital ones credit wise score simulator and if I buy a house for $1,000,000 and take a mortgage on it, my score goes down 10 pts
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 7:32:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Also, if I call my CC company will they tell me when they report to the three reporting agencies?  If so I'm thinking I can manually pay off the card prior to this happening.
View Quote

https://www.myfico.com
Link Posted: 1/2/2022 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.myfico.com

You can get equifax and transunion for FREE with creditkarma.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top