Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 6/28/2023 3:34:31 PM EDT
--The planes don't run on time. My wife is stuck in NC. United said the next flight out is Sunday. She found a flight from Greenville, SC and is enroute there now. I'll drive ~100 miles to the 2nd closest airport to us and have her home by a bit after midnight.

--Medical care is becoming scarce--I have a torn meniscus. It was 3 weeks to get an MRI and an ADDITIONAL 6 weeks to get a simple appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. Talked to my mom this morning. She had to schedule an appointment to be seen at a MINUTE CLINIC. A walk in clinic.

--Inflation--The price of things from groceries to cars continues to climb with no end in sight.

--No one blames the Democrat in office.

Conclusion: America is a failing empire.

What other examples to you have?
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:38:50 PM EDT
[#1]
My package is running a day late….

FAILED EMPIRE!!
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#2]
And just think, none of this is going to change until people start dying in industrial numbers.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]
democrats are running things. That's the problem.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:40:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Open borders.
No national pride
No American identity
Putting the rights of criminals above that of law abiding citizens
Parental rights and the need to protect children from those that seek to sexualize them is frowned upon
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:42:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My package is running a day late .

FAILED EMPIRE!!
View Quote
You take that back! He said failing!

Is it something cool?
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You take that back! He said failing!

Is it something cool?
View Quote

L3 WP tube.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

FAILED EMPIRE!!
View Quote

The pool at the community center was closed this morning and I had to do a stationary bike like a caveman.

FAILED EMPIRE!
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:46:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Can you name any radically new technology released in the past 10 years?  
High speed internet, smartphones, tablets, cloud computing, internet shopping... have all been around for 10+ years now.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:46:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Leftists never create. They only destroy.

They and their adherents are a cancer on the world.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:48:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

The pool at the community center was closed this morning and I had to do a stationary bike like a caveman.

FAILED EMPIRE!
View Quote

My brother……. We will come out of this stronger. This sort of strife can not last forever.

Hold strong.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
High speed internet, smartphones, tablets, cloud computing, internet shopping... have all been around for 10+ years now.  
View Quote
Practical and effective versions of what people currently call AI
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#12]
51% of the country are child groomers, mutilators, rapists and murderers or at minimum they support them by voting pedocrat.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Deep sea carbon fiber submersibles?
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:53:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll have Joe call you.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:54:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Homemade carbon fiber submersibles?
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#16]
A falling president.  Repeatedly.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Add to that an increasingly unstable and unreliable electrical transmission grid due to the foolish and dangerous actions of libtards in high places for which they are completely unqualified, and you have: FAILING EMPIRE.

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What other examples to you have?
View Quote

Even more fucked is the congregation. Imagine spending your final years gargling down this satanic verbal bullcum. You have subscribed to the demise of your people as a perverted religion.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/28/2023 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
And just think, none of this is going to change until people start dying in industrial numbers.
View Quote

FTFY. We're inside a Tainter-esque collapse of a complex society looking out.

Eventually there will be some kind of reformation but it'll look nothing like the peak US of the 1940s/1950s,
but the current system is sufficiently broken it's unsustainable, so it won't be sustained.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:02:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Even more fucked is the congregation. Imagine spending your final years garbaling down this satanic verbal bullcum. You have subscribed to the demise of your people as a perverted religion.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/215281/Screenshot_20230628_155958_Brave_jpg-2866773.JPG
View Quote

Sparkle Creed...  Is she Apollo's daughter?  
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#21]
Been ghosted on many sent emails lately...

...Failing Empire!
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

FAILED EMPIRE!!
View Quote

And yet things in general are far worse than say, even 15 years ago.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:05:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’m afraid this is the sad truth.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:05:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because complex systems don't necessarily fail catastrophically.

There is as much a chance they die by degrees, and the ensuing suckage is just accepted as "part and parcel of modern life."

Our Administrative State is engaged in managing decline, for a variety of reasons that are quite compelling to it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll provide some counter examples.

We have the richest zone of farmland on the planet.

We have the most efficient network of internal transport on the planet.

We are thousands of miles from the nearest country that can possibly threaten us.

We have more long range projection power than any nation in the history of the planet.

We're gonna be fine. Quit being a doomer.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:10:00 PM EDT
[#26]
My damn cigars aren't going to be here until Friday, dammit!  I ordered them on Sunday!   They were supposed to be here tomorrow!  Failing empire!
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
X to doubt. We can barely even build a moderately fast train, and when we do, it just becomes a breeding ground of thugs, junkies, and public masturbators.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:14:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

My brother……. We will come out of this stronger. This sort of strife can not last forever.

Hold strong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FAILED EMPIRE!

Hold strong.

How am I supposed to come out stronger when I can’t do muscle and cardio work at the same time?  This is clearly a conspiracy against strong men.

Today I had to use a stationary bike. Will they close the urinals and make me sit to pee tomorrow!?!
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:15:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
X to doubt. We can barely even build a moderately fast train, and when we do, it just becomes a breeding ground of thugs, junkies, and public masturbators.
View Quote

You talk about public masturbation like its a bad thing.......
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:16:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FAILED EMPIRE!!

Are you really contending that things are far worse now than they were in 2008?  Back when the world’s economy was in free fall?

Because I remember 2008 very well. I’ll take 2023 over 2008 any day.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Doom

da

Doom

Doom Doom
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Been ghosted on many sent emails lately...

...Failing Empire!
View Quote

Start putting "OPEN IMMEDIATELY" in the subject line. That will do it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:18:57 PM EDT
[#33]
1. Roman Britain - The Work of Giants Crumbled

Awesome channel that covers the topic of failed civilizations.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:18:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

A.I. . . . it's the latest thing.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bluetooth connected vibrators.

**drops mike**
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

We are thousands of miles from the nearest country that can possibly threaten us.

We have more long range projection power than any nation in the history of the planet.

View Quote

You couldn't have written a better post illustrating normalcy bias if you tried.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

You couldn't have written a better post illustrating normalcy bias if you tried.
View Quote

I mean, it’s true tho.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trains are stupid in a continental sized nation outside certain density criteria.

Doesn't stop billions from being shunted to political donors, er, I meant spent wisely.

Meanwhile, generally it has be a trip in excess of 8 hours drive time for a jet to beat it on total travel time or cost metrics.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:23:43 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Are you really contending that things are far worse now than they were in 2008?  Back when the world’s economy was in free fall?

Because I remember 2008 very well. I’ll take 2023 over 2008 any day.
View Quote

You get that the inflation of the last two years is actually worse in real wealth creation terms, right?
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm going to assume you're talking about high speed passenger rail, otherwise I have some additional questions to ask you.

The USA has no need for world class passenger rail. We all have cars. I was obviously referring to moving heavy freight. There is no practical difference between a freight rail line that ships containers from LA to NJ at 200 mph or at 50 mph.

I even forgot to mention that we're the only major economy in the world that is functionally energy independent.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:25:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I mean, it’s true tho.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean, it’s true tho.

You want me to fisk why he's wrong? Shit, let's start with Mexico. By the estimation of most, 40% of Mexico ISN'T under the control of the Mexican central government and no one believes the border is secure who has been within 200 miles of it since forever.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

You want me to fisk why he's wrong? Shit, let's start with Mexico. By the estimation of most, 40% of Mexico ISN'T under the control of the Mexican central government and no one believes the border is secure who has been within 200 miles of it since forever.
View Quote

I don't recall his post saying anything about border security..... why do you bring it up here?
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:26:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll admit that the consequences of AI are not knowable today, and won't be known for many years.

If you have some actual refutation to what I wrote, I'm all ears.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:27:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean, it’s true tho.

I didn't mention Mexico...
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:28:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Well, guess its time to be a barbarian.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm going to assume you're talking about high speed passenger rail, otherwise I have some additional questions to ask you.

The USA has no need for world class passenger rail. We all have cars. I was obviously referring to moving heavy freight. There is no practical difference between a freight rail line that ships containers from LA to NJ at 200 mph or at 50 mph.

I even forgot to mention that we're the only major economy in the world that is functionally energy independent.
View Quote

Define "functionally energy independent."

For example, can we refine the bulk of the crude we produce? From where do the majority of wind or solar components come? What % of power is from nuclear or hydro from the US? What is the newest nuclear reactor in the US?
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#47]
FedEx is having a better record than UPS, something has upset the time comtinum, oh yeah, the end is July 26.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:29:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I don't recall his post saying anything about border security..... why do you bring it up here?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Now, if he wrote "We share a multi-thousand mile border with a nation slowly losing effective control of its nation" he would be right.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:29:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Well, guess its time to be a barbarian.
View Quote

I'm going for "sensitive" barbarian personally.

I'm still a barbarian, but I really CARE about how you feel as I pillage your village and rape your horses.
Link Posted: 6/28/2023 4:30:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Now, if he wrote "We share a multi-thousand mile border with a nation slowly losing effective control of its nation" he would be right.
View Quote

So then you retract your rebuttal to my "but he's right" post?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top