Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 12:45:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Genetic based weapons.

Change the word We with China will.
View Quote

Frankly, I'm shocked that we haven't had a CRISPR linked bio weapon yet. That could be bad enough.

Link Posted: 6/29/2023 4:08:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey pal, MY kid isn't going to be in Favelaville, EEUU
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 4:34:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
--The planes don't run on time. My wife is stuck in NC. United said the next flight out is Sunday. She found a flight from Greenville, SC and is enroute there now. I'll drive ~100 miles to the 2nd closest airport to us and have her home by a bit after midnight.

--Medical care is becoming scarce--I have a torn meniscus. It was 3 weeks to get an MRI and an ADDITIONAL 6 weeks to get a simple appointment with an orthopedic surgeon. Talked to my mom this morning. She had to schedule an appointment to be seen at a MINUTE CLINIC. A walk in clinic.

--Inflation--The price of things from groceries to cars continues to climb with no end in sight.

--No one blames the Democrat in office.

Conclusion: America is a failing empire.

What other examples to you have?
View Quote

LoL….the early 80’s laughs at you!
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 5:37:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'll provide some counter examples.

We have the richest zone of farmland on the planet.

We have the most efficient network of internal transport on the planet.

We are thousands of miles from the nearest country that can possibly threaten us.

We have more long range projection power than any nation in the history of the planet.

We're gonna be fine. Quit being a doomer.
View Quote

The real problem is within, not without. You protect yourself &/or family from an attack in a woke DA county & you'll get jammed up by dipshits who are just doing their job. Meanwhile, your kid can be groomed & transed without your consent - & in certain states, even without your knowledge - & the perps doing it are celebrated with thunderous applause.

My own government is a greater & more imminent threat to me than anything abroad. How ironic.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 5:44:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't recall his post saying anything about border security..... why do you bring it up here?
View Quote

A nation without borders is not a nation.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 6:03:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Well in the first part, we export more energy than we import.

In the second, we have pretty much constructed the infrastructure needed to refine the unimaginable quantities of light sweet crude pouring out of our shale fields. In addition, we are building pipelines as fast as we can to fuel natural gas plants. Natural gas is essentially free between the Appalachians and the Rockies. It's a waste product.

The tiny percentage points that are needed on a day to day basis are effortlessly filled by Mexico and Canada.

Global trade outside North America could grind to a halt tomorrow and we basically wouldn't notice. Trade outside CONUS could halt and it would be an inconvenience.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Well in the first part, we export more energy than we import.

In the second, we have pretty much constructed the infrastructure needed to refine the unimaginable quantities of light sweet crude pouring out of our shale fields. In addition, we are building pipelines as fast as we can to fuel natural gas plants. Natural gas is essentially free between the Appalachians and the Rockies. It's a waste product.

The tiny percentage points that are needed on a day to day basis are effortlessly filled by Mexico and Canada.

Global trade outside North America could grind to a halt tomorrow and we basically wouldn't notice. Trade outside CONUS could halt and it would be an inconvenience.

We're selling off useful & valuable coal reserves for "muh green energy" feelz, & not for some clever trade strategy. We've turned our backs on 2 very well developed energy production methods - coal & nuclear - & are steamrolling towards dependence on obviously unreliable "renewable" methods, & even importing the conversion hardware for it. It's a suicide plan.

Quoted:

A few counter counter points.
I work extremely hard 2 full time jobs to bring value to America and my businesses are taxed to death while I watch those who don't work suck on the government tit. Why should I keep going? It's getting worse by the day.
I'm extremely jealous of those who went John Galt on this mofo and can't wait to do it myself.
Because the country is circling the drain. I'm sick of feeding everyone else's god damned kids while I destroy my body trying to live an average life.
Those are the thoughts of millions, and is not the thoughts of a nation on the rise.
Democrats fucked everything and there's a .01% chance we can turn this ship around, stop the flooding and get back on course.

It's not just democrats. Republicans & their CoC pals love them some cheap labor imports to boost their corporate pals bottom lines & receive their own pocket lining compensation, quid pro quo like. The uniparty is a thing.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 6:28:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Dude, you’ve spent three pages throwing smoke to a very simple to answer question, if it were true. And even now continue to try to change the terms of your claims. Disingenuous is perhaps the most COC friendly term to describe your posts.

You’re in no place to expect any kind of an explanation from me.
View Quote

Tagged for the coming "education", punch line or whatever.  
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 6:35:07 AM EDT
[#8]
We are not a failing empire in the traditional sense because we are not a traditional empire. America’s empire is its middle class. Yesteryears middle class family had completely different opportunities and financial outcomes.

I am of the opinion that the line Biden drew with his promise of raising taxes only on those making $400k and above, is uncomfortably close to the income necessary to live a middle class lifestyle similar to 50s and 60s America… new house, new appliances, new cars every few years, summer vacation, second house, good schools, pay for the kids to go to college… The American dream.
Link Posted: 6/29/2023 7:07:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

And yet things in general are far worse than say, even 15 years ago.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Uh huh. I'm 15 miles from Canada right now. North Dakota's military assets by themselves by itself could conquer half of Canada.

You don't have a military. The Trans Canada highway is the only functional link between your east and west.

Yeah, you read that right. The only link beyond dragging stuff by dogsled across your country is a 4 lane bridge in Nipigon, Ontario.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 8:22:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Good to hear you're worrying about our internal problems. Hopefully you live in Alberta, and will be in one of the few places we choose to incorporate into our new order.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 8:23:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There is literally no difference between your town and a mud village in Mongolia.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 8:25:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I'm just along for the ride and trying to have some fun.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 8:35:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My package is running a day late….

FAILED EMPIRE!!
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/30/2023 8:43:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Next you'll be telling me the Concorde doesn't fly anymore.
Link Posted: 6/30/2023 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top