Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:46:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I could be convinced that extreme late term abortion
might not be that bad an idea.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I think "least restrictive environment" is fraught with flaws and actual danger, but if your parent has to be with you daily, you are not in the least restrictive environment but in one that is far too loose.
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 10:57:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dindu
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Dindu

Quoted:
Dindu Nuffins?

beat by 1 second lol.

LOL not necessarily.  That school really is diverse, I think whites are the majority but barely.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 4:03:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I'm totally convinced that the family of a 6 year old  kid who came to class with a Taurus handgun and popped his teacher wrote that statement.

Definitely not written by a lawyer!

Link Posted: 1/20/2023 4:29:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Is it strange that I wonder about the complexion of the family?
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 4:37:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Kid should have been secured, not the gun.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 5:18:03 AM EDT
[#7]
"About 16 to 20 students were in the room at the time of the shooting.."

Do they not call roll or anything? Sounds like up to four kids may be in the hallway eating paint or busting up toilets in the bathrooms.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 6:41:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Holy shit.

Fives years in public education and I've never heard of a plan where a parent attends class.  That's HARDCORE special needs.
View Quote
My late wife was a special ed teacher in for kids that got thrown out of "regular" special ed for over 20 years. And a special ed teacher in the Norfolk projects before we were married.  For a very few, the next stop after her class was a private contracted school for loons.  I've never heard of that either.

As to "the gun was secured".... obviously it wasn't.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 6:49:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Holy shit.

Fives years in public education and I've never heard of a plan where a parent attends class.  That's HARDCORE special needs.
View Quote

Shouldn't even be there
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:37:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeahhhhh I don't think so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
The family said the "firearm our son accessed was secured."

Yeahhhhh I don't think so.

When I was in elementary school I found a way to get into my dad's gun safe, which had a combination lock.  I waited until I knew he was going to have to get something out of there and then hid a camcorder under some clothes and hit record before he went to the safe.  The combo was visible on the recording.  I tried it and it worked.  I didn't take anything but just wanted to see if I could do it, plus I liked guns already and wanted to see them.  Technology has made this sort of thing easier to accomplish.  

Secured might also mean stored in a way that is accessible to adults but would be hard to access for children, although if so, it clearly proved not to be the case, although it is hard to keep something accessible for use and make it impossible for a child to access it.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:42:04 AM EDT
[#11]
“Legally purchased”. Why is the irrelevant legality always part of a gun story?  

Legally purchased
Law abiding
Registered

All dumb shit.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 7:51:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Taurus
View Quote

He had a 50/50 shot.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 8:38:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He had a 50/50 shot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Taurus

He had a 50/50 shot.

Taurus might why he only fired one shot.  That or he got stunned by the noise and an adult wrapped him up.  I would assume more than one adult in that kind of class room.
Link Posted: 1/20/2023 11:42:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I am thinking this kids brain is wired a bit fucked up. I have seen a few documentaries on this shit. Lil bastards are pure fucking evil right out of the vagina.

As fucked up as that is, they dont have a good success rate of "normalizing" them. IIRC, even the heavy medicated ones still snap.

It gets worse...... WTF are you supposed to do with them that is both, humanely and sociologically, acceptable?
I am not sure if doping them up is more for them or us. Its disgusting. Aborting a 6 year old is a bit fucked up too.
I think everyone has an opinion but this stale mate is not solving anything.

This is a fucked up deal. Sadly these parents seemed to have multiplied the evil by not maintaining the kid nor the pistol.
I think putting them in jail would be best for the parents, as they would no longer have the stress of that kid in the wild. Now the State gets to waste tax payers money.
We lose again.
I say we put all 3 of them in a secured facility like a bunkhouse jail. Make them earn and live with each other for 10 fucking years. I would gladly give my tax $ for that.

I wont even get on the gun fuel this gives the .gov.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
First time that the kid is allowed in the class without a parent, and the administration gets told the kid has a gun, and they don't call the parents?
Common sense says that the administration should have called the parents, have the parents do the search for a gun, and then either the parents take the kid home or have to stay with the kid during classes - just as they had been doing.

I have never felt it was realistic that you can lock your guns up and your kids can't access them; my younger self was able to get into my parents stuff when they weren't around no matter how it was locked up; I just had to remember to lock it back up and put the key back before they got home.

I take it a step further. I teach them not to attempt murder.

I am thinking this kids brain is wired a bit fucked up. I have seen a few documentaries on this shit. Lil bastards are pure fucking evil right out of the vagina.

As fucked up as that is, they dont have a good success rate of "normalizing" them. IIRC, even the heavy medicated ones still snap.

It gets worse...... WTF are you supposed to do with them that is both, humanely and sociologically, acceptable?
I am not sure if doping them up is more for them or us. Its disgusting. Aborting a 6 year old is a bit fucked up too.
I think everyone has an opinion but this stale mate is not solving anything.

This is a fucked up deal. Sadly these parents seemed to have multiplied the evil by not maintaining the kid nor the pistol.
I think putting them in jail would be best for the parents, as they would no longer have the stress of that kid in the wild. Now the State gets to waste tax payers money.
We lose again.
I say we put all 3 of them in a secured facility like a bunkhouse jail. Make them earn and live with each other for 10 fucking years. I would gladly give my tax $ for that.

I wont even get on the gun fuel this gives the .gov.

I'll admit, I grapple with the nature/nurture stuff. I adopted my 11 year old daughter when she was 2. Her unwed father died of od. Mom is in and out of jail for drugs. My daughter frequently had druggy strangers in her apartment at all hours or the night, or was sitting in her mom's car in a wee hours while mommy tried to score more drugs. All she ate was junk food. Swollen from all the sodium. The mom was on a court-ordered program during her gestation...weekly drug tests, so that part was okay. Mom had already surrendered 2 kids to the state by the time she was 21.

When the adoption was finalized (Fuck DCF) we began our journey. My baby was straight up feral. We would go at night to check on her in her crib and she reel to the corner.  She would always try to hoard food. There were bouts of self scratching and  early and often. It took a couple years before genuine trust set in and things smoothed out. Today, she is an absolute rockstar and the most loving, unselfish kid I know. She is not the black sheep at all and has a great relationship with the entire family. I know she's only 11 and could take an unexpected turn, but thus far, she's just awesome.

Its easy to understand why kids stuck in the system are lost forever.

And Fuck DCF.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top